Skip to content

Ogbahs leading us in sacks...

The Browns Board
127 20 3.4k
  • It's all good, Collins can play everywhere. We're going O for the first 4 draft picks.

  • Thats the smallest 270 ive ever seen. I mean cmon ogbah weighs around that and look at his build.

    http://imgix.scout.com/121/1211903.jpg?w=227

    http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/2015/07/28/garrett-mid-thamel.jpg

    Hard to imagine thats 270

    @clevfan4life said:

    Thats the smallest 270 ive ever seen.

    Agree... One of the great things about the Combine... true heights and weights.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Thats the smallest 270 ive ever seen.

    Agree... One of the great things about the Combine... true heights and weights.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... One of the great things about the Combine... true heights and weights.

    And that all important hand size, don't forget.

  • Jonathan Allen baby.

    @wargograw said:

    Jonathan Allen baby.

    God I hope so.

  • Not sure we'll get Orchard back but who knows. We seem to be playing a decent amount of four man fronts, so I'm intrigued to see how he does there.

    Garrett looks like he has a pretty mean bull rush from the videos I've watched.

    @gftchris said:

    Garrett looks like he has a pretty mean bull rush from the videos I've watched.

    I keep hearing that too but yet to see it. At the end of tjebyear ill go back a couple seasons on him

  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree... One of the great things about the Combine... true heights and weights.

    And that all important hand size, don't forget.

    @gftchris said:

    And that all important hand size, don't forget.

    Yeah if only that were true cause i have almost watts hand size

  • @gftchris said:

    Garrett looks like he has a pretty mean bull rush from the videos I've watched.

    I keep hearing that too but yet to see it. At the end of tjebyear ill go back a couple seasons on him

    @clevfan4life said:

    I keep hearing that too but yet to see it. At the end of tjebyear ill go back a couple seasons on him

    You won't see a bull rush prior to this season but it's there now. He had a great one against UCLA and their likely first round OT.

  • If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

  • If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Agree on all counts. Of course some will complain about the trade back.

  • If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

  • Myles was listed at 262, last time I checked, but I'm always skeptical about "college stats". The real numbers come from the NFL combine, but I CAN tell you that Myles is BIG. Very big, and very fast. In a recent article, Myles said he expects to run a "4.5 40 yard dash." That time, for a DE/OLB who is 6'5 and 262, is near mythical. I would expect something closer to 4.65, which is STILL absurd. The best thing about Myles is that he's not a one-trick pony, as he excels against the run as well. We lock up Collins through contract or tag, draft Myles, and all of the sudden our front 7 is starting to come together. I'm not so sure we can get an entirely new secondary in one offseason, but we need to try. LOL

    I like Ogbah, and I want him to play well. Unfortunately, we needed him to make a big play in the second half and he didn't do it. Nobody really did, so it wasn't just him. Forced fumble, strip sack...SOMETHING. We needed SOMETHING to stop the prolific bleeding, and nobody could do it. Nassib again displayed his ability to get hands on balls, but true to form, our defense couldn't pick any of the deflections off. That's the kind of thing our defense NEEDS, and just doesn't get.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

  • @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    @wargograw said:

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    Same as Garrett, no?

  • I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.

  • For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

  • Ill have to watch that when i get home today

  • For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    @gftchris said:

    For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If Myles is 270 then I'm Chinese.

    edit: Browns need to start throwing smoke and hyping Kizer otherwise nobody will trade up to the #1 spot. As much as I like Allen, he isn't a franchise QB and that's about all the first pick is reserved for save maybe a LT or pass rusher on rare occasion.

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    Apart from Clowney in 2014? He's playing the same position as Allen unless I'm mistaken.

    There are surprisingly few #1 overall DEs in the Super Bowl era:

    Clowney (2014), Mario Williams (2006), Courtney Brown (2000), Bruce Smith (1985), Lee Roy Selmon (1976), Ed Jones (1974), John Matuszak (1973), and Bubba Smith (1967).

    Interestingly there are no OLBs to add to the list.

    @wargograw said:

    Believe he's at OLB. Regardless, he definitely slotted into the "pass rusher" category.

    Officially, yes, Texans list Clowney at OLB... but he works out of a three-point much more often than not.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I have to look at some more in depth video on garrett but what little ive seen is that he kind of disappears a bit when a tackle gets his hands on him. Just looking at run d i havent seen him command the edge like a certain someone we all know who. I do t want a pure edge rusher. Im tired of browns pass rushers getting pushed around tje edge. I want guys that trim the edge with power. If garett can do that, fine. I havent seen it yet.

    I've seen pure edge speed rushes, stacks and the occasional inside spin. My impression is that he is not authorized to freelance, but is playing a role that does not include him pinning his ears back and getting to the QB by any means available in every passing situation.

    Maybe one of more ardent Aggie-backers can comment.

  • @gftchris said:

    For your viewing pleasure, here is Jonathan Allen versus Tennessee from 23rd October this year:

    And here is Myles Garrett vs Tennessee from a couple weeks earlier:

    In both cases they are working against left tackle Brett Kendrick, a red shirt freshman (3*), and left guard Jashon Robertson (3*). Enjoy.

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

    @texasag1969 said:

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

    Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    However, it was in the 1st Q against Ark. 2 weeks before that the cheap shot occurred which kept MG from even going to the S.C. game and after Tenn. & Bama, the NMSt. game (where he was not suited and wore a boot brace this past Sat.). He admitted after Tenn. he was playing at "65-70%".

    Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.

    @gftchris said:

    Easy there fanboi, these things are known and can be taken into account.

    Tim Williams looked like the better pass rusher in the Bama tape. 😁