Skip to content

Sashi's Real Plan (supposedly)

The Browns Board
96 35 4.3k
  • @orion said:

    ...kinda' like just before the half against Cincy.

    Don't go for the 1st down or FG from their 38 and let the clock run until you get 5 yard delay penalty. Then after Cincy runs their 1st play, call time out for them...

    Forgot about that one.. Good call. Also when we went for 2 first against Tennessee

    So many head scratching calls it's either Hue Jackson is an idiot, or there's something going on behind the scenes

    @adoug319 said:

    Forgot about that one.. Good call. Also when we went for 2 first against Tennessee

    So many head scratching calls it's either Hue Jackson is an idiot, or there's something going on behind the scenes

    I'm going with the idiot part. I have not seen one thing that yells out "Genius"
  • @adoug319 said:

    Forgot about that one.. Good call. Also when we went for 2 first against Tennessee

    So many head scratching calls it's either Hue Jackson is an idiot, or there's something going on behind the scenes

    I'm going with the idiot part. I have not seen one thing that yells out "Genius"

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I'm going with the idiot part. I have not seen one thing that yells out "Genius"

    What anyone deems genius is purely subjective, anyways.

    I would argue that mixing Kevin Hogan with the read option into the game plan vs. the Bengals was genius.. they were not prepared for it at all, and had Kessler stayed healthy, we had a chance in that game

  • I think we've seen enough to put away the "genius" talk.....not saying Hue is a bad coach, but he's no offensive genius either.....

    If he was such an offensive genius, why was he an Asst DB coach in Cinci, then Asst ST coach, then Asst RB coach and, then, only got promoted to OC after Gruden left....??

    How often do NFL teams use offensive genius / QB gurus to coach DBs' and ST's?......(answer?....never)

  • I really don't know why the Browns would tank, do they want to be the first team in NFL history to select 2 top 10 busts in the same year?

  • This isn't the movie Major League or The Natural. The Browns are going 0-16 because of their last three drafts! We still need a quarterback and we need the first pick!

  • Like the Browns have to tank to lose.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    @canton-dawg said:

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

  • I wish someone would Men In Black Flashy Thingie me, and tell me I was never a Browns fan and have never even liked the NFL.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    Do you mean so we can get 'better' players instead of backups and special teamers?

    Blasphemy!

    ...how are you ballpeen? It's me, aka VetteDawg...

  • Not to change the topic but are any of you watching the Raiders/Broncos? Raiders punter just pinned them down inside the 5 and was celebrating "ridein the Pony" and no flag at all. I am still pissed about the bullshit call on Pryor for throwing the ball to the ref and the no good worthless cocksucker pos called it taunting. I hope he dies in a single car accident BLAH. 🙂

  • And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This scenario is what I fear the most.

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    @medicineman said:

    And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?

    Agreed- 'Peen- missed seeing you at the Tailgate today, and sorry about those 'Gators.

  • I call B.S.

    Even if Hue was told to lose, you think he'd tell his players to purposely lose?

    Do you think McCown would try to lose?

    @stillmotion said:

    Do you think McCown would try to lose?

    doesn't have to try to hard. record speaks for itself.

  • with the missed tackles it is almost like the coaches told our players to go out and lose, it looks way to fixed.

  • The only reason you trade the #1 pick is of there is no blue chip QB. That looks like the case this year.

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    Never happen. Haslam is in chronic denial.

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    ...and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it...

    Doesn't Sashi owe us a mid-season, "State-of-the-team" presser?

  • We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    We'll get the first pick and trade it for a shit load of 2nd and 3rd rounders...........

    Hopefully.

    WSS

  • Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    @mudfly said:

    Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

    Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

    But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

    Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

    The plan was to suck ass for year one so I'm not too sure what there is to say to be honest. They maybe didn't expect to suck this badly, but I doubt the brass thought we'd have more than 1-2 wins at this point.