Skip to content

Sashi's Real Plan (supposedly)

The Browns Board
96 35 4.3k
  • Cody Kessler: 2 turnovers all season

    Josh McCown: 3 turnovers today

  • Still not buying the tank...

    Also still can't believe the FO is "shocked"...

  • I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....

    (and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?

    Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope

    I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......

    Honestly think "he" thought they would win......and was wrong....simple as that

    @mudfly said:

    I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....

    (and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?

    Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope

    I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......

    Honestly think "he" thought they would win......and was wrong....simple as that

    What a joyous 2nd half.

    @tour2ma said:

    Still not buying the tank...

    Also still can't believe the FO is "shocked"...

    Tour- I'm gonna spew in a new thread. I thought another loss wouldn't hurt. But this is BS, it sucks, and I can't take it anymore.

  • @mudfly said:

    I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....

    (and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?

    Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope

    I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......

    Honestly think "he" thought they would win......and was wrong....simple as that

    What a joyous 2nd half.

    @tour2ma said:

    Still not buying the tank...

    Also still can't believe the FO is "shocked"...

    Tour- I'm gonna spew in a new thread. I thought another loss wouldn't hurt. But this is BS, it sucks, and I can't take it anymore.

    @hoorta said:

    Tour- I'm gonna spew in a new thread. I thought another loss wouldn't hurt. But this is BS, it sucks, and I can't take it anymore.

    Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

  • @ballpeen said:

    I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

    Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

    Screw trading down.

    Do you mean so we can get 'better' players instead of backups and special teamers?

    Blasphemy!

    ...how are you ballpeen? It's me, aka VetteDawg...

    @orion said:

    Do you mean so we can get 'better' players instead of backups and special teamers?

    Blasphemy!

    ...how are you ballpeen? It's me, aka VetteDawg...

    Dang Vette.....how the heck are you?? Well I hope! I am doing fine...well....except for the Browns, but in the big scheme, that is small potatos.

  • I'm well...'cept for this hernia thing 🙂 ....Glad you are well! The Browns certainly are small potatoes...in any scheme.

  • Sports hernia?

  • Sports hernia?

    @tour2ma said:

    Sports hernia?

    My only sport now is golf. 🙂 Groinal. surgeon consultation next week. Golf tomorrow morning though...

  • Nothing good comes after the word Groinal

  • Nothing good comes after the word Groinal

    @d-bone said:

    Nothing good comes after the word Groinal

    unless the word is maximus.

  • Sashi in over his head.

  • Find it bizarre that people honestly think the likes of Podesta and Sashi are stupid enough to have walked in and thought let's just do the same as baseball.

    Everything you've thought of they've thought of and a lot more. They're not idiots. The total opposite.

    @londonbrown said:

    Find it bizarre that people honestly think the likes of Podesta and Sashi are stupid enough to have walked in and thought let's just do the same as baseball.

    Everything you've thought of they've thought of and a lot more. They're not idiots. The total opposite.

    Stoidi's. That's idiots spelled backwards.

    @baconhound said:

    Sashi in over his head.

    But- but- he went to Harvard- he must be really smart. When it comes to Harvard- money talks. My former bosses' kid, National Merit Scholar- decided not to apply, because it would cost $500 bucks just to hear Harvard say "you're not good enough". OTOH, the other guy's kid gets in because dad donated a couple million to Harvard's bloated endowment fund.

  • But they're not genius' either.....

    Next year we better show improvement. If hue goes 0-20 next year to 0-40, then jimmy better give us a presser.

    @stillmotion said:

    But they're not genius' either.....

    Actually they probably are. Harvard attorney who rose to the head of a major sports franchise by age 40 and nerd who rewrote Baseball analysis.

    This sucks. But it's not about this year.

    Let's hope Philly gets back on that losing track, so the draft currency grows.

    Z

  • @stillmotion said:

    But they're not genius' either.....

    Actually they probably are. Harvard attorney who rose to the head of a major sports franchise by age 40 and nerd who rewrote Baseball analysis.

    This sucks. But it's not about this year.

    Let's hope Philly gets back on that losing track, so the draft currency grows.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Actually they probably are. Harvard attorney who rose to the head of a major sports franchise by age 40 and nerd who rewrote Baseball analysis.

    This sucks. But it's not about this year.

    Let's hope Philly gets back on that losing track, so the draft currency grows.

    Z

    They have Seahawks, Cowboys and Cincy still yet to play.

  • Sashi in over his head.

    @baconhound said:

    Sashi in over his head.

    Nope. He knew exactly where he was, and what he got himself into. I think you may have confused the Browns with a team containing NFL-level talent.

  • @baconhound said:

    Sashi in over his head.

    Nope. He knew exactly where he was, and what he got himself into. I think you may have confused the Browns with a team containing NFL-level talent.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Nope. He knew exactly where he was, and what he got himself into. I think you may have confused the Browns with a team containing NFL-level talent.

    But isn't he now in charge of drafting and signing talent? I know we all knew this team was gonna stink either purposefully or not BUT given the extraordinary # of picks he had last year and to see not one blue-chipper on the roster is disturbing.

  • Zombo said:

    Actually they probably are. Harvard attorney who rose to the head of a major sports franchise by age 40 and nerd who rewrote Baseball analysis.

    This sucks. But it's not about this year.

    Let's hope Philly gets back on that losing track, so the draft currency grows.

    Z

    They have Seahawks, Cowboys and Cincy still yet to play.

    @texasag1969 said:

    They have Seahawks, Cowboys and Cincy still yet to play.

    Cakewalk...

    @miktoxic said:

    But isn't he now in charge of drafting and signing talent? I know we all knew this team was gonna stink either purposefully or not BUT given the extraordinary # of picks he had last year and to see not one blue-chipper on the roster is disturbing.

    No, he's not. At least not as I understand his role.

    In assessing talent:

    He has the final say, if necessary, but his primary job is to facilitate consensus between the scouts and the analytics boys. When they can't agree he makes the call based upon the best argument he hears. And odds are that call is to pass on the player being debated.

    In negotiating:

    Much bigger role, but again the worth of the player, be it his place on the big board or size of a contract offer, will come out of the assessment process.

  • So he's just there to give advice based on his numbers/analytics?

    I thought he was the GM?

  • So he's just there to give advice based on his numbers/analytics?

    I thought he was the GM?

    @miktoxic said:

    So he's just there to give advice based on his numbers/analytics?

    I thought he was the GM?

    Jimmy, Dee Dee, Stosh and Depo are the GM. Kinda like a 4 headed ?
  • @miktoxic said:

    So he's just there to give advice based on his numbers/analytics?

    I thought he was the GM?

    Jimmy, Dee Dee, Stosh and Depo are the GM. Kinda like a 4 headed ?

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Jimmy, Dee Dee, Stosh and Depo are the GM. Kinda like a 4 headed ?

    An "Aha!" moment!! That explains the 4 WR draft!! 😛