Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Cowboys Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
154 38 5.8k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Ah yeah, the missed FG. What happened? Just hooked it?

  • Ah yeah, the missed FG. What happened? Just hooked it?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @gftchris said:

    Ah yeah, the missed FG. What happened? Just hooked it?

    It was a horribly pulled shank.. the hold looked good...

  • Ah yeah, the missed FG. What happened? Just hooked it?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Ah yeah, the missed FG. What happened? Just hooked it?

    Boinked it off the left goalpost, it was all downhill from there. Particularly galling,the penalties on KOs, D lining up offside X3,and two completely blown coverages on Dallas TDs.If "that's on me" AGAIN Hue- you need a better response than we're playing hard. Ghoolie may well have been right about lack of discipline. Oh, and Erving gets himself kicked out of the game. 🙁

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Yeah I saw the Erving thing. Every cloud and all that.

    The woeful D is fairly self explanatory - the players are bad - but I think I really need to dive in to coaches tape to understand where it's going wrong on O. It's going wrong to a lesser extent of course, but we're not exactly putting up 40 every sunday.

  • @gumby73 said:

    element of surprise was done after 1st 2 plays of opening drive Chris. 16 yrds to Pryor than 1 nice seam pass to Crow for 44 yrds. Cam gets booted we settle for FG. Running backs lack vision for 45 yrds. 2 more penalties on KO returns after Dallas scores, start's us at 8 & 12 yard lines. Cody stretched the Dallas DB's to Pryor & Coleman once each (missed). Than the Dallas LB/DB's set up camping tent on our dink game for 177 passing..1 of 9 on 3rd down,which we had 13 1st downs total. Our 1 TD started at almost mid-field, for a 10 play drive, similar to a root canal patient of pain. 20 mins of a O shi$-a-thon, on our behalf. Dallas had ball 40 mins..Over-matched in every way,ALL DAY

    That's a pretty good summary... I'd only add that Parkey broke his string of FGs when he nailed that left upright with his 2nd attempt.

    The couple root canals I've had were nothing in comparison to Sunday. We were "in" this one about as long as we were the Pats game.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    The couple root canals I've had were nothing in comparison to Sunday. We were "in" this one about as long as we were the Pats game.

    At least they load you with a pain killer and give you Vicodin for the rest of the week. We just get to come back for another root canal on Thursday. 🥷

  • @gftchris said:

    Ah yeah, the missed FG. What happened? Just hooked it?

    Boinked it off the left goalpost, it was all downhill from there. Particularly galling,the penalties on KOs, D lining up offside X3,and two completely blown coverages on Dallas TDs.If "that's on me" AGAIN Hue- you need a better response than we're playing hard. Ghoolie may well have been right about lack of discipline. Oh, and Erving gets himself kicked out of the game. 🙁

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Boinked it off the left goalpost...

    Shades of Miami, huh? I do think the Fins' goalpost was more in tune tho... but could be my TV sound vs. "live"...

    You were at both... thoughts?

  • @tour2ma said:

    The couple root canals I've had were nothing in comparison to Sunday. We were "in" this one about as long as we were the Pats game.

    At least they load you with a pain killer and give you Vicodin for the rest of the week. We just get to come back for another root canal on Thursday. 🥷

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    At least they load you with a pain killer and give you Vicodin for the rest of the week.

    Not here... can't do opioids. Percocet after I had all 4 wisdom teeth jerked taught me that. Fired off nerve endings everywhere continuously. It was like fireants were continuously crawling all over my extremities with periodic stinging periods just for grins...

    Fortunately I never needed anything stronger than Ibuprofen after either root job...

  • @hoorta said:

    Boinked it off the left goalpost...

    Shades of Miami, huh? I do think the Fins' goalpost was more in tune tho... but could be my TV sound vs. "live"...

    You were at both... thoughts?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Shades of Miami, huh? I do think the Fins' goalpost was more in tune tho... but could be my TV sound vs. "live"...

    You were at both... thoughts?

    Another bright spot Tour- apparently the Browns have sturdier goalposts. Wasn't nearly as loud, but nearly as disgusting. Or maybe it depends on resonance- where the ball hits the post. Anyhow, IMO that was the beginning of the end. As I told the guy I was with, "we can't keep trading field goals for touchdowns." Turns out we couldn't even do the FG thing. 🙁

  • So I didn't watch the game for whatever reason. Was there anything 'new' in the futility? I'm assuming missed tackles, blown assignments in the secondary, failing to contain outside runs etc? Why did we only score 10 points? Were we that bad on O?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    I'm assuming missed tackles,

    dude wtf how'd you know if you didn't watch? you psychic bro?

  • So I didn't watch the game for whatever reason. Was there anything 'new' in the futility? I'm assuming missed tackles, blown assignments in the secondary, failing to contain outside runs etc? Why did we only score 10 points? Were we that bad on O?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    I'm assuming missed tackles,

    dude wtf how'd you know if you didn't watch? you psychic bro?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Dak got in a scuffle with a mob at spring break. But I'm sure the DUI was a total one-off.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    deja vu on the missed tackles...

    I laughed when TJ got trucked last nite... maybe more like shucked...

  • @browns149 said:

    it's 1

    Joe Thomas is a first ballot HOFer. After that they have blown EVERY OTHER PICK

    Haden? Sheard? Mack? Ward? Schwartz? Shelton?

    Putting something in caps doesn't make it accurate.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Haden? Sheard? Mack? Ward? Schwartz? Shelton?

    Putting something in caps doesn't make it accurate.

    Haden was a good pick. Sheard had a cup of coffee. Mack was very good. Ward cup of coffee. Schwartz good for a year. Shelton jury is still out. While all their decisions haven't failed they are the WORST franchise in professional sports.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Not sure what the hell cup of coffee means. Schwartz was good for a couple years - on us we didn't sign him.

    What jury, where is out on Danny? Year two and he's become one of the best NT in the NFL.

  • Not sure what the hell cup of coffee means. Schwartz was good for a couple years - on us we didn't sign him.

    What jury, where is out on Danny? Year two and he's become one of the best NT in the NFL.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not sure what the hell cup of coffee means. Schwartz was good for a couple years - on us we didn't sign him.

    What jury, where is out on Danny? Year two and he's become one of the best NT in the NFL.

    Sheard and Ward weren't on the team long enough to be a real impact. Schwartz had a below average 2014, improved in 2015 and then left. Shelton isn't a top 20 defensive tackle in the NFL. Calling him a nose tackle puts him in a very small group.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Not sure what the hell cup of coffee means. Schwartz was good for a couple years - on us we didn't sign him.

    What jury, where is out on Danny? Year two and he's become one of the best NT in the NFL.

    Sheard and Ward weren't on the team long enough to be a real impact. Schwartz had a below average 2014, improved in 2015 and then left. Shelton isn't a top 20 defensive tackle in the NFL. Calling him a nose tackle puts him in a very small group.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @baconhound said:

    Sheard and Ward weren't on the team long enough to be a real impact. Schwartz had a below average 2014, improved in 2015 and then left. Shelton isn't a top 20 defensive tackle in the NFL. Calling him a nose tackle puts him in a very small group.

    You're fucking with me on all of this, right?

    Jabaal led the team in sacks and forced fumbles as a rookie alone and was given nods on a couple all rookie publications. 2012 he was solid with 7 sacks. Hurt the year after and still got half dozen and as we know was out of place under Pettine and O'Neil. He was with the team long enough for the Pats to take great interest in him.

    Likewise with Ward who went to a pro bowl under us and turned into a dependable, middle range enforcer.

    Both of them should have been retained but weren't. Not their fault.

    Shelton is #2 in run stop percentage right behind another lane clog monster in Damon Harrison. He's upped his QB pressure numbers and sack count and as it stands IS one of the better NT's in the NFL.

    As for Schwartz - he graded as a top 15 tackle in the 2014 season as well as 15. I won't continue any further because your posts are rooted in piss poor opinion and clearly dont take common sense or fact into consideration.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Sheard was an effective player for the Browns for 3 years, not great but effective. 3 years of service is far from changing the course of the franchise.

    Ward again a 3 year guy who was a very enforcer but again 3 years only.

    I've gone on record many times here saying that I wish both were on the team and since they aren't not considering them FO wins. You may think drafting players, seeing progress and letting them walk are great FO moves but I don't.

    I don't see Danny Shelton as a game changer, maybe you do. Meder has similar numbers to Shelton this year with less opportunity.

    Schwartz is a PFF wet dream, as is every Browns OLine. Funny they never seem to look the same on the field as they do when PFF ranks them.

  • Sheard was an effective player for the Browns for 3 years, not great but effective. 3 years of service is far from changing the course of the franchise.

    Ward again a 3 year guy who was a very enforcer but again 3 years only.

    I've gone on record many times here saying that I wish both were on the team and since they aren't not considering them FO wins. You may think drafting players, seeing progress and letting them walk are great FO moves but I don't.

    I don't see Danny Shelton as a game changer, maybe you do. Meder has similar numbers to Shelton this year with less opportunity.

    Schwartz is a PFF wet dream, as is every Browns OLine. Funny they never seem to look the same on the field as they do when PFF ranks them.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Sheard was an effective player for the Browns for 3 years

    liked sheard a lot as a brown. i like pitt (no not arm pit or stool pit)... especially when wannstedt was the HC. i was hoping sheard would be one of those 'foundation' players along with some other guys that seemed promising in another regime's plans.

    ehhh......

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    What the shit are you reading that somehow implies I think I'm content seeing either Ward or Sheard not on this roster?

    Was there something in there that said the opposite of me wanting them resigned? Nope... I just checked. So tell me how you arrived at that conclusion.

    Both are good football players that improve a team. Both should still be with the Browns but that wasn't mine or anybody else's decision to let them go. Sure they weren't franchise changers but no every player is or has to be. Sometimes you just draft good players and there is nothing wrong with that. The backbone of everyteam consists of those kind of guys.

    Im not the only one that sees Danny as a game changer. What numbers are you referring to that separate Meder from Danny? I'd love to see them because if you're willing to use numbers to support your argument yet discounting Shelton or Schwartz using those same numbers then you have no arguement because youre contradicting yourself.

    PFF aside you're right, the Browns line doesn't look the same. Funny how it's the right side where the bulk of the pressures and sacks have come from now that Schwartz is gone.

    Looks waaaaay different, eh?

    Like I said, you have nothing. You're willing to reject reality and substitute your own. Those people are impossible to reason with.

    But when Danny gets a pro bowl nod, or at least starts getting more mention on main stream analysts (glorified hype men) I'll make sure to remind you of that just like when DBone said Bosa was average.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Hey, speaking of PFF!

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pff-midseason-all-pro-team/

    Danny getting the nod at NT. Only problem is the name recognition and lack of team success that might hold him back from the pro bowl nod. Maybe?