WEEK 11 NCAA FOOTBALL, top 25, games and more, BIG shake-ups!
-
There are no BCS standings.
Semantics, ok.
-
If anything, I'd go to a 6 team playoff first.
-
With this meatchicken loss we should be back up on top of them which is what we have to worry about at the moment more than the playoffs.
-
If anything, I'd go to a 6 team playoff first.
I think 8 is the right number.
-
I mean you've got 128 division one FBS schools. There's going to be some longshot teams that play fantastic that ought to have a shot at the playoffs. It will not be difficult to fill out an 8 school bracket with top contenders.
-
I mean you've got 128 division one FBS schools. There's going to be some longshot teams that play fantastic that ought to have a shot at the playoffs. It will not be difficult to fill out an 8 school bracket with top contenders.
I mean you've got 128 division one FBS schools. There's going to be some longshot teams that play fantastic that ought to have a shot at the playoffs. It will not be difficult to fill out an 8 school bracket with top contenders.
I'd like to make being one of the top two ranked schools actually mean something.
At the very least the 1st round should be home games for the higher ranked team.
-
Without an early bye how does a 6 team work? An 8 team does several things like allow for the P5 teams and several at large teams, 8 just pairs off better and would work.If anything, I'd go to a 6 team playoff first.
And who doesn't think 16 might make some intriguing matchup games, 1/16, 2/15 etc.
And yes first round home games for higher seeded teams.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my YSU Penguins should be back in the D-1AA Sweet Sixteen again under Bo Pelini, they've ONLY made the playoffs once since Tressel left!
-
6 team giving the top two teams byes.
CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that
-
hostility
ya sorry
-
6 team giving the top two teams byes.
CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that
6 team giving the top two teams byes.
CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that
All of college football but D-1A has playoffs your regular season earns a spot in the playoffs or in D-1A those 30+ bowl games. Yes it matters.
You may hear the cry for expanded playoffs after this season.
-
6 team giving the top two teams byes.
CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that
All of college football but D-1A has playoffs your regular season earns a spot in the playoffs or in D-1A those 30+ bowl games. Yes it matters.
You may hear the cry for expanded playoffs after this season.
All of college football but D-1A has playoffs your regular season earns a spot in the playoffs or in D-1A those 30+ bowl games. Yes it matters.
You may hear the cry for expanded playoffs after this season.
you'll hear the cry to expand it every season
No one really cares about D-1A football
-
I mean you've got 128 division one FBS schools. There's going to be some longshot teams that play fantastic that ought to have a shot at the playoffs. It will not be difficult to fill out an 8 school bracket with top contenders.
I'd like to make being one of the top two ranked schools actually mean something.
At the very least the 1st round should be home games for the higher ranked team.
I'd like to make being one of the top two ranked schools actually mean something.
At the very least the 1st round should be home games for the higher ranked team.
Western Michigan is undefeated. I know they haven't played anyone but you can say that about most teams. It would be good to see one or two teams per year like that get a shot
-
6 team giving the top two teams byes.
CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that
6 team giving the top two teams byes.
CFB is one of the few sports left where the regular season means something. A 16 team playoff shatters that
Au contraire, you'd see some badass OOC matchups in a 16 team playoff. Everyone would be trying to increase their SOS to get into the "tourney." It would make march madness pale in comparison. It would be awesome.
That said, it's too many games for unpaid players. College teams already play like 33% more snaps than the NFL. So a 12 game regular season is like a 16 game NFL season. Now you're asking them to play a conference championship. You add 3 games (in an 8 team playoff), and that's like 4 NFL games.
So you want kids to play 20 games a year for free? More if you go to 16. Good luck.
I think they need to drop the regular season down go 10-11 games.
-
I'd like to make being one of the top two ranked schools actually mean something.
At the very least the 1st round should be home games for the higher ranked team.
Western Michigan is undefeated. I know they haven't played anyone but you can say that about most teams. It would be good to see one or two teams per year like that get a shot
Western Michigan is undefeated. I know they haven't played anyone but you can say that about most teams. It would be good to see one or two teams per year like that get a shot
Why? So we can all feed bad for them and see how much they don't belong? It's a waste of our time.
-
Western Michigan is undefeated. I know they haven't played anyone but you can say that about most teams. It would be good to see one or two teams per year like that get a shot
Why? So we can all feed bad for them and see how much they don't belong? It's a waste of our time.
Why? So we can all feed bad for them and see how much they don't belong? It's a waste of our time.
They're a ranked team. They may even be above a&m at the moment so I don't know why a&m should get consideration but not them.
-
Gipper probably thinks you're talking about coaches on their family tree.
About the only coaches on the Harbaugh family tree are the family members. The guy he touted is an Urban Meyer guy.....HC of MD, was Meyer's asst. coach at both Utah and Florida, I believe. Or BGSU
-
You can't take a one loss team over 2 loss champ from that same teams conference. Especially when those teams played to OT.
I think OSU still needs some help to make the playoff if the committee values conference championships at all
You can't take a one loss team over 2 loss champ from that same teams conference. Especially when those teams played to OT.
Sure you can. The committee can do whatever it wants. Its stated goal is to get the 4 best teams. Winning a conference is only 1 aspect of that.
I think OSU still needs some help to make the playoff if the committee values conference championships at all
The help they need is to beat Michigan. (and MSU too). That itself will take them over any barrier needed.
-
Without an early bye how does a 6 team work? An 8 team does several things like allow for the P5 teams and several at large teams, 8 just pairs off better and would work.If anything, I'd go to a 6 team playoff first.
And who doesn't think 16 might make some intriguing matchup games, 1/16, 2/15 etc.
And yes first round home games for higher seeded teams.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my YSU Penguins should be back in the D-1AA Sweet Sixteen again under Bo Pelini, they've ONLY made the playoffs once since Tressel left!
Without an early bye how does a 6 team work? An 8 team does several things like allow for the P5 teams and several at large teams, 8 just pairs off better and would work.
And who doesn't think 16 might make some intriguing matchup games, 1/16, 2/15 etc.
And yes first round home games for higher seeded teams.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my YSU Penguins should be back in the D-1AA Sweet Sixteen again under Bo Pelini, they've ONLY made the playoffs once since Tressel left!
I basically agree. 8 teams gets you the P5 automatic qualifiers, plus 3 wildcards. This year, such a system could in fact let you have OSU/Mich and Penn St. all make it, plus Louisville and Clemson.
If you went to 16 teams, then you would probably have to have automatic qualifiers from the Conf USA, the AAC , the MAC , the Sun Belt, the Mountain West also get in. 10 automatic qualifiers, 6 wild cards.
It would work. (it does work for FCS). While no team gets a bye, the top seeded teams would get to perhaps host games vs. Sun Belt/MAC etc. champs.
-
Gipper probably thinks you're talking about coaches on their family tree.
About the only coaches on the Harbaugh family tree are the family members. The guy he touted is an Urban Meyer guy.....HC of MD, was Meyer's asst. coach at both Utah and Florida, I believe. Or BGSU
About the only coaches on the Harbaugh family tree are the family members. The guy he touted is an Urban Meyer guy.....HC of MD, was Meyer's asst. coach at both Utah and Florida, I believe. Or BGSU
And he was under Harbaugh at Stanford and Michigan....
-
I'd like to make being one of the top two ranked schools actually mean something.
At the very least the 1st round should be home games for the higher ranked team.
Western Michigan is undefeated. I know they haven't played anyone but you can say that about most teams. It would be good to see one or two teams per year like that get a shot
Western Michigan is undefeated. I know they haven't played anyone but you can say that about most teams. It would be good to see one or two teams per year like that get a shot
Not if it dilutes the regular season.
Top teams would be able to have 3 losses and it won't matter. I think 16 is way too many and 8 might be too.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login