OOOOOPSIE!
-
Oh god, you're all over the place here. Deep breathes. Count to 3....
My point being, if you want to shit on Michigan's OOC schedule, OSU's isn't much better. I mean, you're basic argument now is going "nuh uh! CU isn't really 12, because I say so!"
Maybe just calm down, think things over, and realize you don't have to frantically attack Michigan every moment of your life.
-
I'm glad to see meatchicken go down, only because of their insufferable fans (and for the record I don't mean woody, I mean the insufferable fans on various facebook sports groups I belong to) going on about how Michigan is unbeatable. I think Michigan is a bit of a fraud (sorry, woody) and OSU is liable to put them in their place again.
1) Michigan is definitely not unbeatable. Any Michigan fan that thought that has no idea what they're talking about.
2) Michigan is not "a fraud". Unless you thought they were gonna be national champs this year or something.
It is year two of Harbaugh. We're barely using Harbaugh's recruits. We have a 3* QB starting. I wasn't expecting a national title this year... it is ok.
1) Michigan is definitely not unbeatable. Any Michigan fan that thought that has no idea what they're talking about.
2) Michigan is not "a fraud". Unless you thought they were gonna be national champs this year or something.
It is year two of Harbaugh. We're barely using Harbaugh's recruits. We have a 3* QB starting. I wasn't expecting a national title this year... it is ok.
Well maybe fraud was too strong a word, but I think Michigan's offense is really boom or bust. They roll teams with bad defenses but when they run into a good defense their offense definitely struggles. They've been held to 14 and under a couple of times this year and we know that Harbaugh doesn't take his foot off the gas on his opponents. For a team scoring so prolifically it's concerning that they couldn't find the end zone more there. The Buckeyes have a similar issue but they've scored at least 20 in every game so they're finding the end zone a little more in tough games. I expect that may be the difference in the game this year.
-
They are fairly fraudulentish. How many injuries do you guys have Woody?
-
If Ohio State wins out they will get int the CFP....no ifs and or buts.....and it won't matter what Penn St. does.
-
They are fairly fraudulentish. How many injuries do you guys have Woody?
LT and CB. QB might be hurt now.
-
1) Michigan is definitely not unbeatable. Any Michigan fan that thought that has no idea what they're talking about.
2) Michigan is not "a fraud". Unless you thought they were gonna be national champs this year or something.
It is year two of Harbaugh. We're barely using Harbaugh's recruits. We have a 3* QB starting. I wasn't expecting a national title this year... it is ok.
Well maybe fraud was too strong a word, but I think Michigan's offense is really boom or bust. They roll teams with bad defenses but when they run into a good defense their offense definitely struggles. They've been held to 14 and under a couple of times this year and we know that Harbaugh doesn't take his foot off the gas on his opponents. For a team scoring so prolifically it's concerning that they couldn't find the end zone more there. The Buckeyes have a similar issue but they've scored at least 20 in every game so they're finding the end zone a little more in tough games. I expect that may be the difference in the game this year.
Well maybe fraud was too strong a word, but I think Michigan's offense is really boom or bust. They roll teams with bad defenses but when they run into a good defense their offense definitely struggles. They've been held to 14 and under a couple of times this year and we know that Harbaugh doesn't take his foot off the gas on his opponents. For a team scoring so prolifically it's concerning that they couldn't find the end zone more there. The Buckeyes have a similar issue but they've scored at least 20 in every game so they're finding the end zone a little more in tough games. I expect that may be the difference in the game this year.
A few points
- Michigan has only been under 32 twice. Iowa and Wisconsin. (14 and 13).
- We missed 3 FGs against Wisconsin (but seem to be passed that issue)
- Iowa was a terrible offensive performance. No sugar coating that. Our QB git hurt in the second half, but we sucked before that.
- We do actually play a lot of backups in those blowouts. We don't go full Tresselball, but we aren't trying to run it up either.
-
If Ohio State wins out they will get int the CFP....no ifs and or buts.....and it won't matter what Penn St. does.
you are correct. I can't see the committee putting a 2 loss PSU team or a 2 loss Wisconsin above OSUIf Ohio State wins out they will get int the CFP....no ifs and or buts.....and it won't matter what Penn St. does.
-
A big ten championship PSU that beat OSU head to head?
-
A big ten championship PSU that beat OSU head to head?
Yes. With (if) a victory over Michigan....a no brainer.
-
PSU will have 2 loses. Not going to be ahead of OSU
-
Just saw meat chicken QB out with broken collarbone
-
Just saw meat chicken QB out with broken collarbone
Yep. That is very, very not good. I don't see how we beat OSU now.
-
PSU will have 2 loses. Not going to be ahead of OSU
PSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.
I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.
-
colorado i believe is not a top 20 team guess i'll find out in the next few weeks if they belong or not they have home games vs the cougers and the utes,so for them i guess there is allready room for celebration being that this will be their first winning season since 2004,which i am sure that is what michigan was banking on when they scheduled them
oh and as far as the occ you claim to be so much better than OSU do you ever look at whet level of competition these other teams played ? of course you hav'nt
-
PSU will have 2 loses. Not going to be ahead of OSU
PSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.
I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.
PSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.
I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.
as I said penn state is over rated (you really don't listen do you) Wisconsins D will punch right through their porous o-line, win bye 2 scores
-
PSU will have 2 loses. Not going to be ahead of OSU
PSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.
I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.
can never say never, but if OSU wins out and PSU wins out. OSU will have a better record against a tougher schedule. Plus the committee is supposed to take the 4 best teams. I don't care if PSU beat OSU. Everyone knows OSU is a better team then PSUPSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.
I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.
-
colorado i believe is not a top 20 team guess i'll find out in the next few weeks if they belong or not they have home games vs the cougers and the utes,so for them i guess there is allready room for celebration being that this will be their first winning season since 2004,which i am sure that is what michigan was banking on when they scheduled them
oh and as far as the occ you claim to be so much better than OSU do you ever look at whet level of competition these other teams played ? of course you hav'nt
colorado i believe is not a top 20 team guess i'll find out in the next few weeks if they belong or not they have home games vs the cougers and the utes,so for them i guess there is allready room for celebration being that this will be their first winning season since 2004,which i am sure that is what michigan was banking on when they scheduled them
oh and as far as the occ you claim to be so much better than OSU do you ever look at whet level of competition these other teams played ? of course you hav'nt
You have a terrible time with reading comprehension, huh? You'd fit in well over on the political board.
Please tell me where I claimed Michigan's OOC was "so much better" than OSUs.
I'll wait.
-
can never say never, but if OSU wins out and PSU wins out. OSU will have a better record against a tougher schedule. Plus the committee is supposed to take the 4 best teams. I don't care if PSU beat OSU. Everyone knows OSU is a better team then PSUPSU has a win over OSU. They'd also have a Big Ten title.
I don't think it is as cut and dry as you think.
can never say never, but if OSU wins out and PSU wins out. OSU will have a better record against a tougher schedule. Plus the committee is supposed to take the 4 best teams. I don't care if PSU beat OSU. Everyone knows OSU is a better team then PSU
Then they should have beaten them.
And remember, PSU will get one more game to play than OSU.
-
They are fairly fraudulentish. How many injuries do you guys have Woody?
LT and CB. QB might be hurt now.
LT and CB. QB might be hurt now.
Ok so not that beat up and only 9-1. The schedule is not that difficult. MSU sucks this year. Haven't played OSU yet. Colorado's had a nice year but come on. They'd have a losing record in 2 or 3 other conferences.
The only nice wins are PSU and Wisconsin. Solid wins, to be sure. But when the rest of the schedule is tougher, it just tests your depth so much.
Also, I told some friends during the Michigan-Rutgers game that this ridiculous amount of attention to detail and try-hard in OOC games is going to make them lose a random game they shouldn't. Even Saban has had a ton of cupcake games where they came out slow. I think he talked last year about how a few years back Georgia State came in their house and "ran on us like s**t through a tin horn, man."
No team can dominate every team on the schedule from start to finish. You're gonna have to look sloppy and win a tight game or two and/or only beat your cupcakes by 20 points.
Obviously you can't tell your team to play badly and I don't expect Harbaugh to but I think there's a culture of expectation that is a good thing, but can hurt you in situations like these. It's ok to give up a first down.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login