Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
194 43 6.0k
  • You can't force FA's to sign here. I'm not saying we were even looking but it's not like you can just snap your fingers and they come to Cleveland. A lot of people on here like the center they got from Washington and say that Pasztor is improving. If Bitonio doesn't go down at the same time as Reiter how bad is it? I have no answers I'm just thinking out loud.

  • And on the Center thing....look....after the last 2 seasons we KNEW we had OL problems and needed to add depth.....AND, we knew Mack was leaving......and a good chance Schwartz was leaving......

    So, in addition to needing to add depth(say 2 players?).....we now needed to replace 2 quality starters AND add depth.....

    So....what did we do?......

    Gave the C job to a guy who got owned all last season(he wasn't just bad, he was TERRIBLE)......and we backed him up with a UDFA who hasnt played ball since 2012 and another UDFA who wasn't even good enough to hang on the practice squad.....

    In other words.....we did absolutely nothing the address starting or back up C....

    And to replace Schwartz?.....ahhh, we DID draft someone....HOORAY!!!!.......and we had a UDFA back up who, probably, would be ok in a pinch.......only problem is that the guy we drafted isnt good enough or healthy enough to help this team.....

    So.....the OL problem was very visible for 2 years....FO saw it and did nothing.......and, now, they damn near killed a few QB's, including their high dollar FA(RG).......who was worth a big contract AND handing the starting job to......but not worth protecting(this season).....

    Just 2 good FA's on the OL and this team would have won some games.....

    @mudfly said:

    And on the Center thing....look....after the last 2 seasons we KNEW we had OL problems and needed to add depth.....AND, we knew Mack was leaving......and a good chance Schwartz was leaving......

    So, in addition to needing to add depth(say 2 players?).....we now needed to replace 2 quality starters AND add depth.....

    So....what did we do?......

    Gave the C job to a guy who got owned all last season(he wasn't just bad, he was TERRIBLE)......and we backed him up with a UDFA who hasnt played ball since 2012 and another UDFA who wasn't even good enough to hang on the practice squad.....

    In other words.....we did absolutely nothing the address starting or back up C....

    And to replace Schwartz?.....ahhh, we DID draft someone....HOORAY!!!!.......and we had a UDFA back up who, probably, would be ok in a pinch.......only problem is that the guy we drafted isnt good enough or healthy enough to help this team.....

    So.....the OL problem was very visible for 2 years....FO saw it and did nothing.......and, now, they damn near killed a few QB's, including their high dollar FA(RG).......who was worth a big contract AND handing the starting job to......but not worth protecting(this season).....

    Just 2 good FA's on the OL and this team would have won some games.....

    But we got 4 new shiny WRs who have caught how many passes between them this year? Oh right, just a couple or so less than The Duke.

  • You can't force FA's to sign here. I'm not saying we were even looking but it's not like you can just snap your fingers and they come to Cleveland. A lot of people on here like the center they got from Washington and say that Pasztor is improving. If Bitonio doesn't go down at the same time as Reiter how bad is it? I have no answers I'm just thinking out loud.

    @londonbrown said:

    You can't force FA's to sign here. I'm not saying we were even looking but it's not like you can just snap your fingers and they come to Cleveland.

    A lot of people on here like the center they got from Washington and say that Pasztor is improving. If Bitonio doesn't go down at the same time as Reiter how bad is it? I have no answers I'm just thinking out loud.

    We didnt even try dude.....and it didnt have to be a big $$ name FA.....just some old dog who's done it before....Weisnewski and several others were available LATE into FA signing period....and we talked to no one....

    A lot of people liked a lot of our new players....but they're all pretty silent right about now.....

    And....in case you've forgotten, we sucked before Bito went down......(I think we were on QB #5 by the time that happened)....

    Excuse #132,675.......injuries

  • @londonbrown said:

    You can't force FA's to sign here. I'm not saying we were even looking but it's not like you can just snap your fingers and they come to Cleveland.

    A lot of people on here like the center they got from Washington and say that Pasztor is improving. If Bitonio doesn't go down at the same time as Reiter how bad is it? I have no answers I'm just thinking out loud.

    We didnt even try dude.....and it didnt have to be a big $$ name FA.....just some old dog who's done it before....Weisnewski and several others were available LATE into FA signing period....and we talked to no one....

    A lot of people liked a lot of our new players....but they're all pretty silent right about now.....

    And....in case you've forgotten, we sucked before Bito went down......(I think we were on QB #5 by the time that happened)....

    Excuse #132,675.......injuries

    @mudfly said:

    We didnt even try dude.....and it didnt have to be a big $$ name FA.....just some old dog who's done it before....Weisnewski and several others were available LATE into FA signing period....and we talked to no one....

    A lot of people liked a lot of our new players....but they're all pretty silent right about now.....

    And....in case you've forgotten, we sucked before Bito went down......(I think we were on QB #5 by the time that happened)....

    Excuse #132,675.......injuries

    Soooo....see ya?

  • @mudfly said:

    We didnt even try dude.....and it didnt have to be a big $$ name FA.....just some old dog who's done it before....Weisnewski and several others were available LATE into FA signing period....and we talked to no one....

    A lot of people liked a lot of our new players....but they're all pretty silent right about now.....

    And....in case you've forgotten, we sucked before Bito went down......(I think we were on QB #5 by the time that happened)....

    Excuse #132,675.......injuries

    Soooo....see ya?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Soooo....see ya?

    Nope......Ive been here 46 years now

    And I will stay till they get it right......

    And, when they fuck up over and over.....Ill say it.....

    Over and over.....

  • And I'd expect no less... 😉

    With the exception of RG and Davis, it appears that UFAs were simply not part of the plan and I'm fine with that. But we really do not know who else was contacted to gauge their interest... do we?

    I think we'd agree that the more desirable the UFA, the less interested they were in us. Hell, we even spent a late-third rounder to try to get the inside track with one of 2017's big names... even if takes the tag to do it... and it well may.

    I honestly don't expect much more UFA activity this coming year. Some resigns... a couple middling vets... a tag... that's about it. The focus will continue to be building a core thru the draft and sift process.

    As for Center... all I can say is Cam must be one practice-nailing MoFo to still be starting at this stage... at least vs. the alternatives we have. But he with his price tag had to be given every chance to make it.

  • And I'd expect no less... 😉

    With the exception of RG and Davis, it appears that UFAs were simply not part of the plan and I'm fine with that. But we really do not know who else was contacted to gauge their interest... do we?

    I think we'd agree that the more desirable the UFA, the less interested they were in us. Hell, we even spent a late-third rounder to try to get the inside track with one of 2017's big names... even if takes the tag to do it... and it well may.

    I honestly don't expect much more UFA activity this coming year. Some resigns... a couple middling vets... a tag... that's about it. The focus will continue to be building a core thru the draft and sift process.

    As for Center... all I can say is Cam must be one practice-nailing MoFo to still be starting at this stage... at least vs. the alternatives we have. But he with his price tag had to be given every chance to make it.

    @tour2ma said:

    And I'd expect no less... 😉

    With the exception of RG and Davis, it appears that UFAs were simply not part of the plan and I'm fine with that. But we really do not know who else was contacted to gauge their interest... do we?

    I think we'd agree that the more desirable the UFA, the less interested they were in us. Hell, we even spent a late-third rounder to try to get the inside track with one of 2017's big names... even if takes the tag to do it... and it well may.

    I honestly don't expect much more UFA activity this coming year. Some resigns... a couple middling vets... a tag... that's about it. The focus will continue to be building a core thru the draft and sift process.

    As for Center... all I can say is Cam must be one practice-nailing MoFo to still be starting at this stage... at least vs. the alternatives we have. But he with his price tag had to be given every chance to make it.

    Tour- I don't much care how great you look in practice, live game tape is way more instructive. And if we notice some of Cam's (as Mud would say) TURRIBLE screw ups, the coaches sure as hell have to have seen it. You can't "coach up" instincts. Salary and draft position shouldn't make a lick of difference to this FO & coaching staff, considering all the high priced former players like Kruger we sent packing. Really at this point do you hold any hope Cam will improve to the point he's 1\2 decent? You take a center in the first round he had better be great- like Alex Mack. This is looking more and more like another major Ray Farmer screw up.

  • You replied as if I was defending Cam. When have I ever done that?

    I simply speculated on the only reason that could explain his continued presence on the field.

  • You replied as if I was defending Cam. When have I ever done that?

    I simply speculated on the only reason that could explain his continued presence on the field.

    @tour2ma said:

    I simply speculated on the only reason that could explain his continued presence on the field.

    Ive had a hard time trying to fathom some of those reasons myself.....with a number of players......

    Some start and I cant figure why.....some sit and I cant figure why......some were cut and some were retained and I cant figure why....

    Which leaves me with nothing to question except talent evaluation.......

  • You replied as if I was defending Cam. When have I ever done that?

    I simply speculated on the only reason that could explain his continued presence on the field.

    @tour2ma said:

    You replied as if I was defending Cam. When have I ever done that?

    I simply speculated on the only reason that could explain his continued presence on the field.

    Didn't mean it that way at all Tour. No logical reason for Cam to be starting. Shon Coleman another great analytics pick, huh?