Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
85 29 3.6k
  • gotta say....Hue makes some bone headed calls.....

    first we go for it on 4 and 1 at our own 20...early in the game.....(he got very lucky on that bad call)....

    then he calls a flea flicker from his own end zone.....

    then he doesnt go for 4th and 1, when he's losing big and the half is about to end...

    bad play calling for sure....boneheaded shit right there

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mudfly said:

    gotta say....Hue makes some bone headed calls.....

    first we go for it on 4 and 1 at our own 20...early in the game.....(he got very lucky on that bad call)....

    then he calls a flea flicker from his own end zone.....

    then he doesnt go for 4th and 1, when he's losing big and the half is about to end...

    bad play calling for sure....boneheaded shit right there

    R Glass throws a terrific flea flicker into triple coverage. I counted TWO "as Sam Snead would have called" worm burners directly into the dirt that brought back memories of Akilli Smith.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You guys figure the 2016 browns are the single worst team in NFL history?

    They're certainly in the conversation now.

    @orion said:

    Thank you for posting the birds eye view.

    I say, give RG3 one more chance to prove how bad he is and then start Kessler for the final two.

    There's little doubt R Glass sucks, but it will probably take Hueless the Clueless another game or two to admit Griffins sucks, and he made a humongous mistake signing him. If he wants McCarron- he should be fired.

    @mark-o said:

    Can we actually start Kessler? Does he know what day it is yet or what his name is?

    Kess has cleared the concussion protocol- and from what I can tell he was active. It's so bad Mark- I was almost wishing Griffin would get hurt again to put him out of his misery. He just flat out sucks. I don't give a damn if he can throw 60 yard rockets- into triple coverage.

  • Look on the bright side: at least our elite O-Line played good today...

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Look on the bright side: at least our elite O-Line played good today...

    funny shit!

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #48

    RG3s deep balls were so ugly. I thought that was the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

    Come to think of it everything he threw was ugly

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Did you guys see Adam Jones post game comments about T. Pryor? Used a garbage can to describe him. Fuck that worthless pos. He should be in prison

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Today was the first snaps I've seen since the Giants game, and I watched our first 2 offensive and 2 defensive series, then I used my DTV NFL package to watch some real NFL teams...... Unfortunately, probably something I'll do for the next few years the way the organization looks.

  • I know it's his first game back, I know it was snowy, blah blah blah. But, do we really need to see three more games of RG3? And I don't mean for 'evaluation' purposes. I mean, do I have to watch that shit three more times? Fuck me, that was an awful showing (all round).

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @gftchris said:

    I know it's his first game back, I know it was snowy, blah blah blah. But, do we really need to see three more games of RG3? And I don't mean for 'evaluation' purposes. I mean, do I have to watch that shit three more times? Fuck me, that was an awful showing (all round).

    I do... Yes, there was a lot of bad, but in our one TD drive there was a fleeting glimpse of what he once was... a real, NFL-grade QB.

    When we came out series one with the read-option and moving pocket, I honestly thought, "Here we go." Then all that disappeared... at least it did for the rest of the first half. Worse yet it was replaced by pocket originated bombs by a QB who clearly had grip issues. I'm pretty sure RG had more punts for a better average than our Punter, good old "what's his face".

    Then came our drive... readin', rollin' and rockin'... with sneakin' cherry on top...

    Hell, yes... I want to see more of that... or at least give RG the chance to show it to me.

    @nickers said:

    I went to the game. RG3 looks worse in person.. I saw so many targets open he flat out missed because he was too busy trying to force things.. cut him now!

    Guess you had to be there 'cause what came thru the tube was total uncertainty of what he was seeing.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #52

    Damn Jets tie up SF with less than a min. to go. Looks like a tank.

  • @mark-o said:

    Can we actually start Kessler? Does he know what day it is yet or what his name is?

    Kessler could've played. Hue played his offseason hand picked starter. And I bet he starts him next week too.

    I swear he likes RG3 because he'll heave the ball long....and Kessler doesn't like to do that when the receivers are covered.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @orion said:

    Kessler could've played.

    I'd hope so since he was our only other active QB today...

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

  • I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @bbedward said:

    I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

    The pass wasn't good. The play call was just fine.

  • @bbedward said:

    I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

    The pass wasn't good. The play call was just fine.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @mark-o said:

    The pass wasn't good. The play call was just fine.

    I'm not really a fan of trickery like that in your own end zone

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #57

    And 49ers lost in OT

  • @bbedward said:

    I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

    The pass wasn't good. The play call was just fine.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #58

    @mark-o said:

    The pass wasn't good. The play call was just fine.

    And the play design? Looked like a 2-man route with both WRs running flies.

    Hard to run a fly with any run deception. Hard to find a secondary without bending the other route to the fly.

  • @orion said:

    Thank you for posting the birds eye view.

    On TV we DID see a bunch of replays where we could see a guy (or 2) open...and him seeing them...but wanting more...then coming back to them late with bad throws.

    He throws the ball long into crowds (like Hue seems to want since he benched Kessler after a half of not throwing the ball long into crowds).

    I say, give RG3 one more chance to prove how bad he is and then start Kessler for the final two.

    Can we actually start Kessler? Does he know what day it is yet or what his name is?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #59

    @mark-o said:

    Can we actually start Kessler? Does he know what day it is yet or what his name is?

    On a hard frozen tundra..doubt it. I was shocked to see both JMc & Hogan both inactive though

  • @mark-o said:

    The pass wasn't good. The play call was just fine.

    And the play design? Looked like a 2-man route with both WRs running flies.

    Hard to run a fly with any run deception. Hard to find a secondary without bending the other route to the fly.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @tour2ma said:

    And the play design? Looked like a 2-man route with both WRs running flies.

    Hard to run a fly with any run deception. Hard to find a secondary without bending the other route to the fly.

    well...that's another story. I guess you keep more guys in to block so you only have 2 receiver but there should've been a different option other than just heaving it up or run the play on 3rd down so it's like a long punt if it gets intercepted.

  • I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @bbedward said:

    I liked the flea flicker bomb at our own 1 yard line on first down

    Ed, you just don't understand football strategy. I mean, what defensive coordinator has a game plan for a 60 yard flea flicker Madden-bomb INTO triple coverage? Pure genius move on RG3's part.

  • Did you guys see Adam Jones post game comments about T. Pryor? Used a garbage can to describe him. Fuck that worthless pos. He should be in prison

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @medicineman said:

    Did you guys see Adam Jones post game comments about T. Pryor? Used a garbage can to describe him. Fuck that worthless pos. He should be in prison

    Can someone explain to me how this "feud" even started other than Pacman being the usual piece of shit that he is? Pacman tried to call him out, TP took the high road and today had a bad day because his QB sucked ass. I mean it just comes off extremely stupid to me especially talking shit to a dude on a winless team who hasn't even been talking shit about it.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #63

    Not the first time either that a corner has called out pryor.

  • RG3s deep balls were so ugly. I thought that was the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

    Come to think of it everything he threw was ugly

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @bbedward said:

    RG3s deep balls were so ugly. I thought that was the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

    Come to think of it everything he threw was ugly

    this is coachie coach's man....i knew baby huey was a jackass...he's a dumbass coach....another one of these coaches that should be an assistant and not a hc....but then again, we are stuck with this shit because no one wants to come here and coach this piece of shit franchise run by a fucking moron...

  • Not the first time either that a corner has called out pryor.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Sometimes the depth of analysis around here is...

    @gftchris said:

    Not the first time either that a corner has called out pryor.

    And won't be the last... not until his route tree is fully developed.

    Plus he's a glider... a long-striding WR just as he was a long-striding QB at THE... Nothing wrong with that on a good surface, but issue show up on poorer ones. Our field did not look that bad yesterday, but I did see chunks of turf fly on several occasions so it seemed a little loose.

    A poor track is just not going to impact quick, short striders as much... ones that "keep their feet under them"... players like Jones, a DB who can still play.

    Don't like his off-field personality? Simple fix... beat him on the field.

    For the record in Cinci TP only caught 2 of 4 targets for 18 yds from Kessler/Hogan. Some match ups are simply tougher than others.