Skip to content

How do you eat your chili?

Barber Shop Talk
39 11 3.3k
  • @westside-steve said:

    Proper Texas Chili has no beans.

    WSS

    Don't like it without beans, and I'm not from Texas.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Don't like it without beans, and I'm not from Texas.

    You have to have beans or its basically just a hot dog topping.

    BTW many chilies make good hot dog toppings beans or not, ever try it?

    ....Which reminds me New Year is coming up and pork & sauerkraut a staple in our house! Then extra sauerkraut for hot dogs with some Tabasco, oh yeah!

  • @one-post said:

    Kidney beans tastes like shit...that's why they call them kidney beans.

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......

    Never had red beans and rice and...I'll never eat top ramen ever again.
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......

    Never had red beans and rice and...I'll never eat top ramen ever again.
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @one-post said:

    Never had red beans and rice and...I'll never eat top ramen ever again.

    Try it at Popeyes Fried Chicken. Fkg great.

    @mjp28 said:

    You have to have beans or its basically just a hot dog topping.

    BTW many chilies make good hot dog toppings beans or not, ever try it?

    ....Which reminds me New Year is coming up and pork & sauerkraut a staple in our house! Then extra sauerkraut for hot dogs with some Tabasco, oh yeah!

    My Grandmother made Pork, dumplings and sauerkraut every New Years day when I was growing up. Fortunately, my wife learned from her and my aunt (both passed) on how to make it, so she now makes it every new years.

  • @one-post said:

    Kidney beans tastes like shit...that's why they call them kidney beans.

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......

    That's coincidental. Cleve call his partner honey buns and he likes raw men.

    WSS

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......

    That's coincidental. Cleve call his partner honey buns and he likes raw men.

    WSS

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    That's coincidental. Cleve call his partner honey buns and he likes raw men.

    WSS

    And Cleve's partner is so long he can tickle his kidneys. 🙂
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    The wife made a big pot of chili in her dutch oven this week, she likes to tweak things around occasionally or just check what's in the freezer that might be good in soups, stews or chili.

    She put in regular ground turkey but had some Italian mild turkey sausage links (looks like keilbassi) and sliced up the links into bite sized pieces and added it to the pot. Not bad gives the chili a different texture and taste.

    I like hot but she's not a spicy person so I added a Wendy's HOT chili seasoning in the gold foil package to my dish....I think there's a good bowl left for me tonight. 🙂

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @boo-fagley said:

    Fritos on chili is good.

    Chili and cornbread too.

    That's my wife's favorite, she also just found a recipe for chili with cornbread cooked in it in layers....new one for me. (maybe cook then layer?)

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #35

    In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

  • In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gftchris said:

    In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

    In-laws? 😕

  • In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @gftchris said:

    In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

    My Mom used to make ribs and saurkraut, baked in the oven. Was good. Haven't had it in quite some time, and probably never will since know one else knows the recipe.

  • @gftchris said:

    In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

    My Mom used to make ribs and saurkraut, baked in the oven. Was good. Haven't had it in quite some time, and probably never will since know one else knows the recipe.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My Mom used to make ribs and saurkraut, baked in the oven. Was good. Haven't had it in quite some time, and probably never will since know one else knows the recipe.

    Oh yeah! My wife who's an excellent cook makes ribs with sauerkraut every New Year plus several times during the year. She has a great way of preparing the kraut, I'll have to ask her when she gets home.

    I like plenty of kraut left offer to have with hot dogs on a bun with yellow mustard and Tabasco sauce....uuummmmm.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My Mom used to make ribs and saurkraut, baked in the oven. Was good. Haven't had it in quite some time, and probably never will since know one else knows the recipe.

    Oh yeah! My wife who's an excellent cook makes ribs with sauerkraut every New Year plus several times during the year. She has a great way of preparing the kraut, I'll have to ask her when she gets home.

    I like plenty of kraut left offer to have with hot dogs on a bun with yellow mustard and Tabasco sauce....uuummmmm.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yeah! My wife who's an excellent cook makes ribs with sauerkraut every New Year plus several times during the year. She has a great way of preparing the kraut, I'll have to ask her when she gets home.

    I like plenty of kraut left offer to have with hot dogs on a bun with yellow mustard and Tabasco sauce....uuummmmm.

    Put up the recipe if you can.