Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Stop Saying I told you so

Stop Saying I told you so

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
57 Posts 23 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 5k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #1

    I'm not one who starts thread, but this shit has been driving me crazy on this forum lately. This Browns 2016 team was going to suck, and that was intentionally the plan. To sit here and act holier than thou in so many threads and say shit like "SEE, I told you guys!" is driving me insane. It's just as stupid as Dareus predicting a win against us this week. Look at the better teams in the NFL right now:

    Chiefs

    Raiders

    Titans

    Colts

    Dolphins

    Bucs

    etc.

    You know what these guys did before they got good? They sucked and built through the draft. Three of those teams used top 3 picks on the QB position and lived in the bottom of the barrel until they got that right. They purged mediocre talent and got young guys who can play, but young guys don't instantly play at pro bowl levels. We clearly suck, but the point was to clearly suck. Sure we probably suck more than even I expected, but my personal over/under on wins this season was two. I get being frustrated, and I get the argument of this plan not working with previous regimes. The thing is though, this is the 1st time we've truly executed the reboot the way it should be done, at least IMO. You don't hold on to mediocre to below average veterans in lieu of developing young guys. You tank to get that game changing player.

    The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

    T Canton MikeC flyingfooldougF 3 Replies Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Post of the Year !

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • jrb12711J jrb12711

        I'm not one who starts thread, but this shit has been driving me crazy on this forum lately. This Browns 2016 team was going to suck, and that was intentionally the plan. To sit here and act holier than thou in so many threads and say shit like "SEE, I told you guys!" is driving me insane. It's just as stupid as Dareus predicting a win against us this week. Look at the better teams in the NFL right now:

        Chiefs

        Raiders

        Titans

        Colts

        Dolphins

        Bucs

        etc.

        You know what these guys did before they got good? They sucked and built through the draft. Three of those teams used top 3 picks on the QB position and lived in the bottom of the barrel until they got that right. They purged mediocre talent and got young guys who can play, but young guys don't instantly play at pro bowl levels. We clearly suck, but the point was to clearly suck. Sure we probably suck more than even I expected, but my personal over/under on wins this season was two. I get being frustrated, and I get the argument of this plan not working with previous regimes. The thing is though, this is the 1st time we've truly executed the reboot the way it should be done, at least IMO. You don't hold on to mediocre to below average veterans in lieu of developing young guys. You tank to get that game changing player.

        The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
        #3

        @jrb12711 said:

        You tank to get that game changing player.

        The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

        So you are guaranteeing that we will not fuck up this coming draft? I feel so much better about the "tank plan" now. I mean look how well we did with this past draft.

        BTW if we get #1 overall and trade out of it, I am calling it now. We fucked it up and I told you so.

        jrb12711J Tim Couch Pulls OutT 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • T TexasAg1969

          @jrb12711 said:

          You tank to get that game changing player.

          The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

          So you are guaranteeing that we will not fuck up this coming draft? I feel so much better about the "tank plan" now. I mean look how well we did with this past draft.

          BTW if we get #1 overall and trade out of it, I am calling it now. We fucked it up and I told you so.

          jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @texasag1969 said:

          So you are guaranteeing that we will not fuck up this coming draft? I feel so much better about the "tank plan" now. I mean look how well we did with this past draft.

          BTW if we get #1 overall and trade out of it, I am calling it now. We fucked it up and I told you so.

          Please quote me where I said that. What I did say is that in year one of this regime the plan was to tank, which we have. I get not having faith because of past regimes, but the way to build a football team is through drafting players. I think this regime has the most concrete plan of how to draft said players the Browns have had in a long time.

          This is literally the shit I'm talking about people.

          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 30k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Almost gave a "+1", but couldn't... You lost me at 'the goal".

            "Sucking" was never "the goal". It was a by-product of the process. There's a difference.

            And when the process was compounded by injuries, both too great in number and too focused in at least two key areas... QBs and the OL, the O-fer was in the cards.

            At least I see a difference...

            Good thread though... good place to coalesce thoughts that have surfaced in more than a couple other threads' meanderings...

            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
            jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

              Almost gave a "+1", but couldn't... You lost me at 'the goal".

              "Sucking" was never "the goal". It was a by-product of the process. There's a difference.

              And when the process was compounded by injuries, both too great in number and too focused in at least two key areas... QBs and the OL, the O-fer was in the cards.

              At least I see a difference...

              Good thread though... good place to coalesce thoughts that have surfaced in more than a couple other threads' meanderings...

              jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @tour2ma said:

              Almost gave a "+1", but couldn't... You lost me at 'the goal".

              "Sucking" was never "the goal". It was a by-product of the process. There's a difference.

              And when the process was compounded by injuries, both too great in number and too focused in at least two key areas... QBs and the OL, the O-fer was in the cards.

              At least I see a difference...

              Good thread though... good place to coalesce thoughts that have surfaced in more than a couple other threads' meanderings...

              Sure, I'll give you those points especially the thing about injuries. It's a moot point now, but starting 5 QB's in a season is just as much bad luck as it is bad football play.

              MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I take "the point was to suck" a bit differently... the point was to start over, keep the talent that has the expanded

                legit qualities they are looking to build their team with, and move the guys who don't fit.

                The goal is to build a winning TEAM, and the resulting sucking is temporary, expected, but not really "the point"

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • T TexasAg1969

                  @jrb12711 said:

                  You tank to get that game changing player.

                  The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

                  So you are guaranteeing that we will not fuck up this coming draft? I feel so much better about the "tank plan" now. I mean look how well we did with this past draft.

                  BTW if we get #1 overall and trade out of it, I am calling it now. We fucked it up and I told you so.

                  Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @texasag1969 said:

                  So you are guaranteeing that we will not fuck up this coming draft? I feel so much better about the "tank plan" now. I mean look how well we did with this past draft.

                  BTW if we get #1 overall and trade out of it, I am calling it now. We fucked it up and I told you so.

                  So our last draft sucked? You're hanging your hat on that one? Better be careful with that.

                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                    • 33k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Yep, I knew we'd suck. No one believed me, but who's laughing now?

                    Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                    jrb12711J C 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                      Yep, I knew we'd suck. No one believed me, but who's laughing now?

                      jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mld-woody said:

                      Yep, I knew we'd suck. No one believed me, but who's laughing now?

                      I think it's more of that laughing at first that slowly turns into crying type of thing.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • cdl15 cdl15C Very Popular
                        • 2k Posts
                        • 112 Reputation
                        cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I like the way these guys are doing it. Sure its the most painful thing ive ever witnessed, but it actually feels right this time. Purging all the past years mediocre talent has been this teams biggest issue till this year. Browns have been trying to make it work with Trail mix. Weve had 3-4, 5-2, 4-3, and hybrid guys on defense while on offense tryin to make it work with spread, west coast, ground and pound and WildDawg characters. This team has had no identity for over a decade and these guys are basically using the eraser till they have a blank sheet. Sticking with these guys for a long period of time will result in better continuity and at the very least give the next group of guys a better shot at correcting the problem. The next regime will say "Well at least I can see what they were doing."

                        I wonder if Joe Thomas keeps his offensive playbooks that new coaches or coordinators give him. Can you imagine. He opens up a closet door and a chizinsky playbook falls out and he picks it up and is like hold on I think I have the 2nd one he gave me a few later in here. And he just starts going thru a stack of playbooks

                        "We are Americans. We don't quit doing something because it's wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing till it turns out right." Browns maybe the most American Football team ever.
                        Tour2maT T 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 5k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Agree. Some of the pompousness around our fan base is tough to take. All this losing is making fans crazy.

                          Karlis Missed
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 5k Posts
                            • 363 Reputation
                            W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Yep. These guys are f'ing annoying. Even some of those who are NOT jumping off the cliff now predicted that we would suck, so why are the cliffjumpers bragging about how they called it? You made a prediction about as easy to make as "the Patriots will make the playoffs this year if Brady stays healthy." Congrats, geniuses! Now go pat yourself on the back elsewhere. The rest of us want to have meaningful conversation.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                              @texasag1969 said:

                              So you are guaranteeing that we will not fuck up this coming draft? I feel so much better about the "tank plan" now. I mean look how well we did with this past draft.

                              BTW if we get #1 overall and trade out of it, I am calling it now. We fucked it up and I told you so.

                              So our last draft sucked? You're hanging your hat on that one? Better be careful with that.

                              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 23k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                              #14

                              @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                              So our last draft sucked? You're hanging your hat on that one? Better be careful with that.

                              Reread it Tim. I said IF we trade out of #1 overall, then we fucked up. Has nothing to do with the last one, just this one coming up. And if we do that I'm calling it a fuck up now. We need great payers now, not a volume of more players.

                              And yes in the first sentence I do feel we did not do a great job overall. A lot of reaches.

                              Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • T TexasAg1969

                                @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                So our last draft sucked? You're hanging your hat on that one? Better be careful with that.

                                Reread it Tim. I said IF we trade out of #1 overall, then we fucked up. Has nothing to do with the last one, just this one coming up. And if we do that I'm calling it a fuck up now. We need great payers now, not a volume of more players.

                                And yes in the first sentence I do feel we did not do a great job overall. A lot of reaches.

                                Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 8k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @texasag1969 said:

                                Reread it Tim. I said IF we trade out of #1 overall, then we fucked up. Has nothing to do with the last one, just this one coming up. And if we do that I'm calling it a fuck up now. We need great payers now, not a volume of more players.

                                And yes in the first sentence I do feel we did not do a great job overall. A lot of reaches.

                                I agree with this coming draft, save for a truly blockbuster deal.

                                I think we nabbed more than a handful of long term starters and role players in this last draft, which we did not have prior. I count four guys off the top of my head who could turn into easy long term starters for us.

                                I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                T miktoxicM 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 5k Posts
                                  • 363 Reputation
                                  W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I don't understand why the same people saying "we have needs everywhere, our roster blows, not one position is set, etc." are the same ones saying they will blow up a mall if we trade back.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                    I'm not one who starts thread, but this shit has been driving me crazy on this forum lately. This Browns 2016 team was going to suck, and that was intentionally the plan. To sit here and act holier than thou in so many threads and say shit like "SEE, I told you guys!" is driving me insane. It's just as stupid as Dareus predicting a win against us this week. Look at the better teams in the NFL right now:

                                    Chiefs

                                    Raiders

                                    Titans

                                    Colts

                                    Dolphins

                                    Bucs

                                    etc.

                                    You know what these guys did before they got good? They sucked and built through the draft. Three of those teams used top 3 picks on the QB position and lived in the bottom of the barrel until they got that right. They purged mediocre talent and got young guys who can play, but young guys don't instantly play at pro bowl levels. We clearly suck, but the point was to clearly suck. Sure we probably suck more than even I expected, but my personal over/under on wins this season was two. I get being frustrated, and I get the argument of this plan not working with previous regimes. The thing is though, this is the 1st time we've truly executed the reboot the way it should be done, at least IMO. You don't hold on to mediocre to below average veterans in lieu of developing young guys. You tank to get that game changing player.

                                    The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

                                    Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Great thread!

                                    You are EXACTLY right....This IS the first time we've done this "reboot" the way it should be done, so we are actually soon to be entering year 2, not year 18. I'm with you, let's give this a chance....Maybe even by ATTENDING the games & SUPPORTING the Team put on the field.

                                    Mike

                                    @jrb12711 said:

                                    I'm not one who starts thread, but this shit has been driving me crazy on this forum lately. This Browns 2016 team was going to suck, and that was intentionally the plan. To sit here and act holier than thou in so many threads and say shit like "SEE, I told you guys!" is driving me insane. It's just as stupid as Dareus predicting a win against us this week. Look at the better teams in the NFL right now:

                                    Chiefs

                                    Raiders

                                    Titans

                                    Colts

                                    Dolphins

                                    Bucs

                                    etc.

                                    You know what these guys did before they got good? They sucked and built through the draft. Three of those teams used top 3 picks on the QB position and lived in the bottom of the barrel until they got that right. They purged mediocre talent and got young guys who can play, but young guys don't instantly play at pro bowl levels. We clearly suck, but the point was to clearly suck. Sure we probably suck more than even I expected, but my personal over/under on wins this season was two. I get being frustrated, and I get the argument of this plan not working with previous regimes. The thing is though, this is the 1st time we've truly executed the reboot the way it should be done, at least IMO. You don't hold on to mediocre to below average veterans in lieu of developing young guys. You tank to get that game changing player.

                                    The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

                                    Great thread!

                                    You are EXACTLY right....This IS the first time we've done this "reboot" the way it should be done, so we are actually soon to be entering year 2, not year 18. I'm with you, let's give this a chance....Maybe even by ATTENDING the games & SUPPORTING the Team put on the field.

                                    Mike

                                    IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 5k Posts
                                      • 363 Reputation
                                      W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      A message so good it had to be said twice!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                        Yep, I knew we'd suck. No one believed me, but who's laughing now?

                                        Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                                        • 24k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @mld-woody said:

                                        Yep, I knew we'd suck. No one believed me, but who's laughing now?

                                        Ic wut you did there. <golf clap>

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Pumpkin Eater P
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 297 Reputation
                                          P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Building through the draft means drafting good players, not skipping over can't miss prospects for some no name butterfinger wr

                                          :neutral_face:
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate