Skip to content

Pryor injured

The Browns Board
100 26 3.2k
  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    How is one tied to the other? We HAVE to lose all the games this year to win nine or ten 3 or 4 years from now? That makes no sense. Most people were picking them at 4-5 wins here. I thought that optimistic but winning a few this year would be nice. You need to listen to your hero better. Hue said that next year at this time we'll be preparing for the playoffs. And I would say that is a kind of timeline on the plan.

    No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?

    That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.

    @wargograw said:

    No, we don't "HAVE" to, but it was a likely outcome. We want to start over with new, younger players. So they will suck their first couple years. Then they will be good with experience and development. Why is this so hard for you to get?

    That was a dumb thing for Hue to say.

    Why dumb? If he believes it, say it. Or it could be another of those runaway train type quotes that'll have us an interim coach this time next year. It's been awhile since we've been down that road. 0 fer a year and a half will probably do it though. 0-24 sound right?
  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    TP had full practice today. He only need 123 yards to hit 1000. He would then collect on some contract incentives.

    Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.

    And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.

    And then there's team pride....see even for me it not just for the money. 😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.

    And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.

    Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"(RG3)...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK

  • @mjp28 said:

    Right, players also can get regular pay differently injured than on other statuses which even though they get 1/17 pay already for each game can be a "considerable sum" (for us working stiffs) and they'd rather have it....even though they're already rich if they haven't blown it.

    And if the team decides to place a player on injured reserve, it must be a major injury. The NFL defines major injury as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks -- or 42 calendar days -- from the date of injury.

    Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"(RG3)...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK

    @gumby73 said:

    Combine this ^^ with the record number of guys that hit IR this season throughout the league than combined with new IR rule of:: "only 1 guy per team can be brought back from IR per Season to Active Roster"...were not the only FO "so-called" stashing Players & of course The Mighty $Dollars$ that might fill a TANK

    Not all but a lot of injuries this year are the result of lack of strength and conditioning practice time thru the CBA. Those are the preventable ones.

  • the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

  • the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

    @gumby73 said:

    the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

    I agree. The league has made a number of rule changes that detract from viewer fun. The opening hour of commercials help too. Plus with all the replay.....More ads. Yipppeee! And the science channel on Thursday night is more interesting than the game play on NFL Network.
  • @logicisforsquares said:

    This has been an openly tanked season. I would rather have Pryor fresh and ready to go at the beginning of next season without any residual issues.

    This has not been an openly tanked season.

    We suck.

    Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    This has not been an openly tanked season.

    We suck.

    Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.

    Zombo

    Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

  • Zombo said:

    This has not been an openly tanked season.

    We suck.

    Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.

    Zombo

    Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

    I hope he has a good/great game. They crucified him on talk radio today

  • Zombo said:

    This has not been an openly tanked season.

    We suck.

    Playing with an injured finger isn't going to hurt his career.

    Zombo

    Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- you can put a brace on that finger to immobilize it to prevent further damage. Saw he practiced today.

    Yep,TP was limited along with our only LS'er Hughlett. which has only 1 job to do. Long Snap..Hammy Christmas!!..S Trae Elston was sent packing, to move up our last rookie from PS to get a lookzie CB Trey Caldwell..maybe Trey's Parents could use your seats 😉..Hoorta now moved to Browns inactive List saturday

  • it all depends on what kind of money he want's

  • @wargograw said:

    So you'd rather win 3 games this year than 9 or 10 in a couple years. Got it.

    And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.

    How many teams has THAT worked for?

    Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.

    That works EVERY time, doesn't it?

    Yeah. Got it.

    You must be a really big Jags fan then.

    @brownpile said:

    And you would rather have players, coaches and administrators who tank games and mail it in... Yeah. SURE way to build that team you want.

    How many teams has THAT worked for?

    Stoke your team full of people that don't give a rat's behind, except for their own payday.

    That works EVERY time, doesn't it?

    Yeah. Got it.

    You must be a really big Jags fan then.

    It's worked for many times. I don't like the Jags. Raiders are pretty cool though.

  • the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

    @gumby73 said:

    the CBA/Players Union is ruining a great sport. Putting a number on padded practices is ruining good OL play & any live contact, some call tackling..Add "what is a catch" wait "we have a review, but maybe not." the league worries about rating being down.....BS

    Gotta throw Goddell in the mix. He's just a guilty as the CBA for fitting the game
  • Another one bitching about Pryor - this time, Brian Hartline.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000761094/article/terrelle-pryor-finds-another-detractor-in-brian-hartline

    "If I'm building a team, what is [Pryor]?" Hartline asked during an appearance on Columbus radio station 105.7 The Zone (via Ohio.com). "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not because let's put it this way: For me, I want a guy day in and day out I know what I'm getting. You don't know what you're going to get. You don't know who's going to show up. You don't know if he's going to get in trouble. You don't know if he's going to smart off. I need stability. That's so much more important to me.

    "I need a guy that runs routes. I need stability. I need constant production. Is he a No. 2? OK, yeah. I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. So I'm very apprehensive as a Cleveland Browns guy to give out a contract. Listen, you had one year. You're a flash in the pan. You're trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I'm going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you're going to work harder? Uh, I think I'm going to bet against that if I'm a betting man."

  • Another one bitching about Pryor - this time, Brian Hartline.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000761094/article/terrelle-pryor-finds-another-detractor-in-brian-hartline

    "If I'm building a team, what is [Pryor]?" Hartline asked during an appearance on Columbus radio station 105.7 The Zone (via Ohio.com). "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not because let's put it this way: For me, I want a guy day in and day out I know what I'm getting. You don't know what you're going to get. You don't know who's going to show up. You don't know if he's going to get in trouble. You don't know if he's going to smart off. I need stability. That's so much more important to me.

    "I need a guy that runs routes. I need stability. I need constant production. Is he a No. 2? OK, yeah. I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. So I'm very apprehensive as a Cleveland Browns guy to give out a contract. Listen, you had one year. You're a flash in the pan. You're trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I'm going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you're going to work harder? Uh, I think I'm going to bet against that if I'm a betting man."

    @gftchris said:

    Another one bitching about Pryor - this time, Brian Hartline.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000761094/article/terrelle-pryor-finds-another-detractor-in-brian-hartline

    I heard that interview as well as many opinions after. I think TP can be a good one but will he be a Jones or Brown or Green? Plus he can't do it alone. Cover Pryor and you pretty much got the pass covered. I'm thinking the FO screws him, but I'm cynical.
  • I'm beginning to think there are too many people bitching about Pryor for it to be a case of sour grapes or whatever. Plus, he does disappear for games at a time. I'd keep him, but he doesn't deserve Green/Jones/Brown money.

  • So whats everyones cutoff for Pryor's contract?

    To put it in perspective, Marvin Jones is getting paid 5 years, $40 million + 8mill signing bonus. Ideally, he signs for Marvin Jones money.

    However, given our current state to keep talent and add building blocks (i hope), we're probably going to be overpaying for Pryor, somewhere north of 50-55 million. And truthfully, the guy would be a fantastic #2, but I don't think he's worth 50-55 mill.

  • So whats everyones cutoff for Pryor's contract?

    To put it in perspective, Marvin Jones is getting paid 5 years, $40 million + 8mill signing bonus. Ideally, he signs for Marvin Jones money.

    However, given our current state to keep talent and add building blocks (i hope), we're probably going to be overpaying for Pryor, somewhere north of 50-55 million. And truthfully, the guy would be a fantastic #2, but I don't think he's worth 50-55 mill.

    @secondwave said:

    So whats everyones cutoff for Pryor's contract?

    To put it in perspective, Marvin Jones is getting paid 5 years, $40 million + 8mill signing bonus. Ideally, he signs for Marvin Jones money.

    However, given our current state to keep talent and add building blocks (i hope), we're probably going to be overpaying for Pryor, somewhere north of 50-55 million. And truthfully, the guy would be a fantastic #2, but I don't think he's worth 50-55 mill.

    If I were calling the shots I'd wave goodbye. I think he is living in the Jordan Cameron & Gary Barnidge zone, a solid player on a horrendous team. In the NBA he'd be called a looter in a riot. If Coleman is a top 15 player and you have glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball I'm not sure overpaying a #2 WR is wise.

  • $50 to $52MM , heavily weighted with incentives. Have to get him to work the whole off season to continue to perfect the position.

  • I think he has character issues. giving him that fat of a contract is too risky. I'd rather franchise his ass if we can sign collins.

    when pryor was at OSU, so was my best friend and a couple of times pryor went to his frat parties and made a total asshole of himself. Hopefully he's grown up and changed since then, but back then he was incredibly self-centered. He needs to prove his worth to us because a couple good games aren't good enough. Do you think the patriots would give him 50 million?

  • ....Pryor leads the Browns with 67 catches for 877 yards and four touchdowns....

    Yeah #2 numbers on a disfunctional team and yeah he was a #1 assh*le at OSU.