Camp Allen
-
but yeah count me in to camp ogbah. Even if we stay in this stupid 3-4 he's the better pick. Even better if we go to the 4-3 next year as he can play inside and strong side DE. Dude takes the shortest route to the QB of all the pass rushers i see coming out this year.
-
Leaning this way but I'm gonna wait until I see what pick we have, injury status after bowl games, etc. There are a lot of guys I'm cool with right now.
-
Our o line is min 2 years away from being able to keep a rookie from dying before our 1st bye week. So im in no mood for a QB with the 1st pick
-
that makes no sense, as usual. you want to draft oline with the first pick?
-
-
that makes no sense, as usual. you want to draft oline with the first pick?
I'm vexed on many levels. First off, this is a camp allen thread...to which I've said I belong. And that is in large part to do with the fact that there is no, as far as I know, o line prospect that would warrant the 1st pick. Second, what are you not getting about the potential folly of drafting a QB with the 1st pick when we can't get our line situation figured out? This season we've had 4 QB's get hurt....what sense does it make to add another one for next year?
-
To build off Cleve's points - I'm looking at a scenario where the front office trades down a potential top 10 Philly pick (not too far, mind you - 16,17) where we can net an additional 2nd rounder. At that point take Elflein and see where Watson, Mitch and Kizer fall.
If San Fran doesn't go QB at 3 or if Chicago doesn't as well, one of those 3 could very likely be available with our first pick in the 2nd.
Afterwards at that point I look at DB, TE and linebacker. Sorry, not sold on Foster as a top 10 backer. At least, not at the moment.
-
Would anyone be opposed to trading down to the #3 pick? Bortles looks like he might be done in Jax, and they're gonna be looking for a QB. I feel like we can still get Allen with the #3 pick...
-
Would anyone be opposed to trading down to the #3 pick? Bortles looks like he might be done in Jax, and they're gonna be looking for a QB. I feel like we can still get Allen with the #3 pick...
Would anyone be opposed to trading down to the #3 pick? Bortles looks like he might be done in Jax, and they're gonna be looking for a QB. I feel like we can still get Allen with the #3 pick...
IF they offer a trade up, it's for a QB. I MAAAAAAY be willing to listen to that. Because at which point you're still guaranteed Allen or Garrett.
-
But people will say that someone moving up for a QB proves there is a QB worth taking in this draft. And most agree that if there is one, we should take him.
-
Garrett.... And then get a replacement for Wooden Legs Erving
-
That's cool. Make your own thread.
-
-
I'd be happy as a pig in slop with either Allen or Garrett. Either one would be a day one impact player, especially if we can find a way to get Foster as our 2nd #1, another day one impact player. I'm actually happy with a coin flip on the first two, but Foster is one we should consider a trade up for IMO, depending upon where the Philly pick is in the draft.
-
I'd be happy as a pig in slop with either Allen or Garrett. Either one would be a day one impact player, especially if we can find a way to get Foster as our 2nd #1, another day one impact player. I'm actually happy with a coin flip on the first two, but Foster is one we should consider a trade up for IMO, depending upon where the Philly pick is in the draft.
I'd be happy as a pig in slop with either Allen or Garrett. Either one would be a day one impact player, especially if we can find a way to get Foster as our 2nd #1, another day one impact player. I'm actually happy with a coin flip on the first two, but Foster is one we should consider a trade up for IMO, depending upon where the Philly pick is in the draft.
The Philly pick sits at 8 and continues to drop down. Being able to get Foster is looking very likely.
I would be totally on board with an Allen (my preference) or Garrett then Foster first round.
-
I'd be happy as a pig in slop with either Allen or Garrett. Either one would be a day one impact player, especially if we can find a way to get Foster as our 2nd #1, another day one impact player. I'm actually happy with a coin flip on the first two, but Foster is one we should consider a trade up for IMO, depending upon where the Philly pick is in the draft.
The Philly pick sits at 8 and continues to drop down. Being able to get Foster is looking very likely.
I would be totally on board with an Allen (my preference) or Garrett then Foster first round.
The Philly pick sits at 8 and continues to drop down. Being able to get Foster is looking very likely.
I would be totally on board with an Allen (my preference) or Garrett then Foster first round.
Eagles have the Giants (who are trying to maintain the wild card slot) Thursday night home and then they have the Cowboys (who may have already clinched #1 seeding by then) also @ home New Year's Day. Giants will be motivated so let's hope the Boys are too as well.
Chargers have us and then the Chiefs and are currently 5-9. We better hope they don't try to out tank us if war is right about the tank theory.
-
i'd be happy with Allen as the #1 pick, but it makes a little bit too much sense. This is the Browns we're talking about here. Trade down and draft a QB at #22 overall

-
Jarod Allen would be a great pickup although he is getting older.

-
"One said:
Jarod Allen would be a great pickup although he is getting older.

Ok so looking at the keyboard ic that the "e" is on the other side from "o".....so u really think that name is spelled with an "o"? Srsly? And dont claim typo ive already closed the investigation on that
-
"One said:
Jarod Allen would be a great pickup although he is getting older.

Ok so looking at the keyboard ic that the "e" is on the other side from "o".....so u really think that name is spelled with an "o"? Srsly? And dont claim typo ive already closed the investigation on that
Your attempt to make me faulable is futile as I was being coy.Ok so looking at the keyboard ic that the "e" is on the other side from "o".....so u really think that name is spelled with an "o"? Srsly? And dont claim typo ive already closed the investigation on that
Many names will come up as draft day inches forward as we all know but I'm in for a QB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login