Skip to content

My case for Fournette #1 overall

The Browns Board
58 28 2.6k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #37

    Mixon is a player the previous Browns would have ended up drafting. Then, he would be on dope,

    suspended, maybe jail time, etc etc etc.

    Then the same people who wanted to draft him, would bitch and bitch etc etc... forever and 27 more Sundays...

    NO. The Browns now draft comprehensively, including character, love for the game, locker room addition or

    subtraction....all that stuff. Stop the cycle of drafting players who are punks mentally while only looking at college videos and the

    combine.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Just can't see Leonard at #1...

  • I don't think Mixon has even declared yet has he?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't think Mixon has even declared yet has he?

    No he hasn't but he will post Sugar Bowl. He was asked yesterday during his presser if he would come back to OU next year and he said that he was focused on the Bowl game.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    is it possible to declare from behind bars?

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I appreciate you laying out an idea that's different and against the grain, though I strongly disagree with it.

  • It's a possibility that we could take Trubisky first then pick Fournette with our second first.

    The WR position was addressed last season.

    With Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Hawkins, Louis and Payton we should be set. Most WR come to the next level in their second season so really just about all of them could make the jump! That jump would be even further amplified by a solid and dependable starter at both QB and RB.

    I think we've found our long term backup in Kessler, the kids a champ... just not elite. With Trubisky, Kessler and Hogan at QB I would feel pretty comfortable at that position for a while. Then we would have found solutions to QB-HB1/HB2-WR1/2/3/4- and all that really needs tweaked would be the center position. Hell, maybe a healthy and conditioned Erving could make a comeback next season?

    The Defense did a good job early in the season... too many injuries and too many reps killed that unit. Next season with an improved Offense this defense could shine.

    Just a thought.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @poeticg said:

    I think we've found our long term backup in Kessler, the kids a champ... just not elite.

    I agree that that's probably the best way to look at Kessler at this point.

    We should enter the offseason with that mindset.

  • @wargograw said:

    You can't possibly actually believe either of those.

    Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @baconhound said:

    Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

    Ted Ginn is faster than both these guys. Doesn't make him a better RB.

  • @wargograw said:

    You can't possibly actually believe either of those.

    Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @baconhound said:

    Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

    If he was as good as you claim, Perrine wouldn't get anywhere near the carries he's gotten.

    I don't get out the pitchforks over how a coach chooses to discipline his players. I just don't really have the energy to care about stuff like that. Having said that, Stoops is an idiot for doing so much to keep a RB when, as you said, he had two other studs on the roster.

  • @poeticg said:

    I think we've found our long term backup in Kessler, the kids a champ... just not elite.

    I agree that that's probably the best way to look at Kessler at this point.

    We should enter the offseason with that mindset.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @orion said:

    I agree that that's probably the best way to look at Kessler at this point. We should enter the offseason with that mindset.

    Agree as well, but should we draft a QB high and Kess develops into a contender for the long-term starting job as well... that;s a problem I'd like to have for a change.

  • @baconhound said:

    Absolutely if he wasn't sharing carries with Perine his numbers would be off the charts. Mixon is faster than Murray with much better passing catching skills. I'm not sure of measurables but football speed he is faster than Peterson but Peterson is a bulldozer. Therein a reason Stoops sold his soul with Keith Ford & Perine on the roster, Mixon is the real deal.

    If he was as good as you claim, Perrine wouldn't get anywhere near the carries he's gotten.

    I don't get out the pitchforks over how a coach chooses to discipline his players. I just don't really have the energy to care about stuff like that. Having said that, Stoops is an idiot for doing so much to keep a RB when, as you said, he had two other studs on the roster.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @wargograw said:

    If he was as good as you claim, Perrine wouldn't get anywhere near the carries he's gotten.

    I don't get out the pitchforks over how a coach chooses to discipline his players. I just don't really have the energy to care about stuff like that. Having said that, Stoops is an idiot for doing so much to keep a RB when, as you said, he had two other studs on the roster.

    Perine stats are incredible and in 2014 minus Joe Mixon he was phenomenal. If Perine stays healthy, which has been a problem in 15 & 16, he'll be a top 3-5 back in 2017. Stoops did what he did because Keith Ford, who is solid, isn't in the same discussion as Mixon or Perine. Mixon is the real deal and he'll prove it next year on someone's roster in the NFL.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I'm not saying he's not really good, it's just tat you said he was as good as the two best RB prospects of the last decade.

  • I'm not saying he's not really good, it's just tat you said he was as good as the two best RB prospects of the last decade.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @wargograw said:

    I'm not saying he's not really good, it's just tat you said he was as good as the two best RB prospects of the last decade.

    Really believe he is a special player, time will tell.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #49

    We should create the OL first before worrying about the RB.. and we only need one piece: C

    Cooper is in fact as good as his draft position.. Bitonio and Paz have solidified their positions.. Picking 2 from Greco/Drango/Coleman/Reiter to keep as backups in 2017 is a good problem to have. We put one of our top4 picks on Will Ferrell - excuse me, Pat Elflein - and problem solved.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    I wouldn't say 'one piece'. But the second most important part of your offensive line apart from your QB's blindside is the Center.

    Stable center usually = stable line.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #51

    If we are going off topic I'd prefer #1 to be DL/LB and Philly's pick to be OL.

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Crow averaging 4.5 YPC this season... No way we take Fournette unless he falls and that won't happen..

    We need an OL, a better pass rush, and a secondary before we even address our skill positions.

    Crow could easily be at 1000+ yards this season if he had more carries

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    we need better OL not RB, with a good OL opening holes I believe Crow would be in the 1500 yrd range.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Crow's a good back, but let's not get carried away... for once...

  • Crow averaging 4.5 YPC this season... No way we take Fournette unless he falls and that won't happen..

    We need an OL, a better pass rush, and a secondary before we even address our skill positions.

    Crow could easily be at 1000+ yards this season if he had more carries

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #55

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Crow averaging 4.5 YPC this season... No way we take Fournette unless he falls and that won't happen..

    We need an OL, a better pass rush, and a secondary before we even address our skill positions.

    Crow could easily be at 1000+ yards this season if he had more carries

    Right....another one of my season long bitches......why not more carries???......even early in the season, when he was smoking hot, we continued to pass pass pass, even tho the passing game completely sucked.....

    This season we passed almost 70% of the time.....and ran only 30%.....nice balance.....

    @topdawg31 said:

    we need better OL not RB, with a good OL opening holes I believe Crow would be in the 1500 yrd range.

    Lets look at the numbers.....Crow averaged 11 carries per game(pathetic) and has 800 yards......(top backs like Elliot, etc get 16-21 per game)

    So....give it to him 20 times a game and what do you have?.......something closer to 1500 yards.....

    @tour2ma said:

    Crow's a good back, but let's not get carried away... for once...

    I honestly dont think he's a 1500 yr guy.....but the #'s indicate he was vastly under used....

    As was Johnson......

    Our O is so terrible and there was zero attempt to establish a smash mouth running game, even when the early #'s indicated we could be one of the top running teams out there.....

    I know folks will say we passed because we were always playing catch up....but after losing game after game, why not try something else.....why not attempt to establish a run game and control what you can???

    Go with what works.....(we didnt)....we abandoned it, actually.....

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    going away from the run had something to do with being 2nd down and 13 most of the time it was tried. Then it was 3rd and incomplete then scrambled and injured. Fuck we need an OL in a bad way.