My case for Fournette #1 overall
-
This team has some nice young talent on both sides of the ball, but we don't have an identity. We have some interesting playmakers at wide receiver but we obviously don't have a quarterback to utilize their skill sets.
I think Kessler is a fine game manager who is smart and accurate, but will never strike fear in an opposing defense. This year's qb class is filled with developmental guys and long shots. So there is no way with all of the holes on this team do I gamble a high pick on one of them.
I don't think Crowell is a starting running back, he lacks balance and rarely breaks a tackle. Duke Johnson should have been our starter this year to see if he can hold up for a full season as our feature back. Johnson does alot of things very well so he will always have a spot on an nfl roster.
Fournette will also help out our defense by not only keeping them fresh, but it will keep the offense on the sidelines preventing them from getting and keeping the momentum.
I'm usually one of those people that will say running backs are a dime a dozen, but Fournette has a little leveon bell in him and I think making him the center piece of our offense will help out our entire team more than anyone else in this draft.
-
-
Pass. Crowell is a solid enough running back, and Johnson is just as good in different ways. Build the OL, get the unit working well, and the run game will follow naturally. Behind the Oakland/Dallas line those two guys would be putting up huge numbers.
-
Lack of depth on the line has killed us year after year. As far as I'm concerned, they could take 2 ol and 2 dl with the first 4 picks.
-
don't like our running game at all but neither crowell or johnson have an OL to run behind......
RBs last 3-5 years on a good career. franchise QBs can last decades.
there's a math equation there somewhere.
-
Lack of depth on the line has killed us year after year. As far as I'm concerned, they could take 2 ol and 2 dl with the first 4 picks.
Lack of depth on the line has killed us year after year. As far as I'm concerned, they could take 2 ol and 2 dl with the first 4 picks.
Not sure about depth, as to be honest we haven't seen much fall off with our replacements. It's the starting quality (at center, center, we need a new center) that's the biggest problem.
One game we had our starting OL, with a new center, competent center play, and that was against the redskins, and we ran for over 160 yards, nearly six yards per carry. Amazing what competent OL play can do for a run game, regardless of the backs.
-
don't like our running game at all but neither crowell or johnson have an OL to run behind......
RBs last 3-5 years on a good career. franchise QBs can last decades.
there's a math equation there somewhere.
don't like our running game at all but neither crowell or johnson have an OL to run behind......
RBs last 3-5 years on a good career. franchise QBs can last decades.
there's a math equation there somewhere.
And a Kijana Carter, Trent reference too.
Fournette would be a great fit on an established team. Too risky for Cle.
-
don't like our running game at all but neither crowell or johnson have an OL to run behind......
RBs last 3-5 years on a good career. franchise QBs can last decades.
there's a math equation there somewhere.
And a Kijana Carter, Trent reference too.
Fournette would be a great fit on an established team. Too risky for Cle.
-
Can't do it. How many times do our RB's get hit in the damn backfield? This guy can't do anything about that. Don't get me wrong, I think he has an excellent chance to be a spectacular player, but not for our team.
-
Yes! lets draft more fatass lineman.. thats really gotten us to so many superbowls... We cant even pass or catch the football because our QB's blow and our WR's are average at best.. but lets continue drafting fatass lineman.. it has worked so well in the past.. NOT!
-
if he falls to our second first rounder...still no...but its close.
-
if he falls to our second first rounder...still no...but its close.
if he falls to our second first rounder...still no...but its close.
Yep. I'm tempted at #10 or wherever, but, still no. Too many other areas of concern.
-
RB is one of those positions where you can get a lot of value in the later rounds. I know you guys are gonna go "but look at Zeke" and yes, that dude is balling out. But you also gotta realize that Demarcus Murray (drafted in the 3rd round) had very similar stats to Zeke back in 2014. It comes down so much at that position to finding a guy who fits your scheme (see Arian Foster) which is littered in later rounds of the draft.
Don't get me wrong, I like Fournette a whole lot. If the guy was lingering around at the Eagles pick I certainly wouldn't be upset if they scooped him up. But number one overall is a bit steep.
-
I love Fournette, and there's a part of me that believes he's a better prospect than Elliott, but we have far too many pressing needs. I'd rather have one of the Alabama boys on D if either fall to us: Marlon Humphrey or Rueben Foster.
The thought of drafting a combination of Garrett/Allen + Foster/Humphrey with the first two picks gets me pumped for next year.
-
Way I look at it, a guy like Zeke is basically scheme-free. That is, he has the skill set to thrive in any scheme you put him in. Which means wherever he goes, he'll do well. Good for him, and he may end up in the HoF with lots of money.
But, you don't need a guy like that. You need a guy that fits your scheme, and nothing more. Crowell and Johnson could do great things with solid run blocking. Or, you can find a guy with the skill set to match your scheme later on in the draft, or even undrafted. Like Arian Foster going undrafted then finding the perfect home in the ZBS in Houston, or Alfred Morris - he was too slow to be taken higher than the sixth round, but was a perfect fit for Kyle Shannahan's scheme. Or, as mentioned, DeMarco Murray. David Johnson was another third round guy.
-
I love Fournette, and there's a part of me that believes he's a better prospect than Elliott, but we have far too many pressing needs. I'd rather have one of the Alabama boys on D if either fall to us: Marlon Humphrey or Rueben Foster.
The thought of drafting a combination of Garrett/Allen + Foster/Humphrey with the first two picks gets me pumped for next year.
I love Fournette, and there's a part of me that believes he's a better prospect than Elliott, but we have far too many pressing needs. I'd rather have one of the Alabama boys on D if either fall to us: Marlon Humphrey or Rueben Foster.
The thought of drafting a combination of Garrett/Allen + Foster/Humphrey with the first two picks gets me pumped for next year.
I'm all in on that, though I'd argue we have greater needs than ILB, and Foster would be another luxury. Garrett/Allen and Humphrey/DB would be perfect for me.
-
-
you have to fix the oline or you can't run or pass well. have to get the right qb or you can't pass well.
Have to be able to block. Early first round picks have to have immediate, dynamic
impact on your team. If you are the Cowboys, etc... you have the luxury of drafting a qb
that isn't going to start right away, but come on...
the question is, which player can come in and be a game changer, the most dramatic addition to your team?
If could be Trabisky, or Allen, or Garrett, or Foster or Hooker, some other names... with the second pick.
Can you get a dramatic impact edge rusher later? maybe, if you are smart. Can you get a dramatic impact
qb later? yeah, if you are very smart, and extremely lucky, like the Cowboys. I would love for the Browns to have
drafted Elliot. But seriously, with the oline right side, qb situation, may as well not play him much, he would have
been battered all to often behind the los. Nobody fears ignoring the pass game of the Browns. McCown can put
up huge numbers, and they still lose.
They aren't complete enough as a team to compete and win games. First year, it is just what is it. But you never
get there, unless you get started on the right path. We are there. Ya only have one draft a year, so it's ludicrous to
think the sky is falling just because we have a winless team so far.
This next draft is crucial, and it's going to be fascinating.
-
Fournette would be a great second pick in the first rd.
-
While I think he'd be an awesome add to our team......I think our needs are so much deeper elsewhere...so Id avoid picking a RB that high.....Id prefer to wait for some strength on D and an improved OL before I start adding more O skill players...
While I think he'd be an awesome add to our team......I think our needs are so much deeper elsewhere...so Id avoid picking a RB that high.....Id prefer to wait for some strength on D and an improved OL before I start adding more O skill players...
And Mixon may fall to late 2nd earlier 3rd and he would be a nice compliment to Crow
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login