Skip to content

Camp Mahomo

The Browns Board
138 34 4.3k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    So he's a 6'4 guy that can't understand or execute basic offensive concepts, lacks pocket awareness, solid footwork, can't anticipate Windows in zone coverage and the ability to consistently throw with accuracy...?

    Yeah, he'll shoot right the fuck up some draft boards.

    Your lack of mental capacity is astounding. He can't throw consistently with accuracy? 66% completion percentage this year. He can't execute basic offense? Really? The Air Raid system is pretty basic and here's his stats this year

    5052 yds, 41 TDs 10 INTs

    You should really think before you spill ignorance out of your mouth

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    Your lack of mental capacity is astounding. He can't throw consistently with accuracy? 66% completion percentage this year. He can't execute basic offense? Really? The Air Raid system is pretty basic and here's his stats this year

    5052 yds, 41 TDs 10 INTs

    You should really think before you spill ignorance out of your mouth

    66% completion percentage is nothing special in an Air Raid offense that is almost always sending five men on routes on every play. That's firmly in the "acceptable" range for a college QBs in friendly offenses.

    69+ for a season is really the range where people get wowed - see RG3, Luck, Wilson etc.

    The Air Raid is not a basic NFL offense. It is an offense geared more for the college ranks as it capitalizes on brekdowns in coverage and flooding the field with receiving options to exploit mismatches.

    Cal is notorious for running an Air Raid influenced offense and they haven't kicked out a day one starter QB in some time. Even Rodgers, the crowning jewel of Cal, sat behind Favre and was subject to "QB school" while he learned the nuances of NFL QB play. Boller and Goff both had trouble transitioning, Mahomes will too.

    Basic concepts like three and five step drops from center, hitch timing, play action footwork, and blindside pressure feel aren't taught or needed extensively in the Air Raid, as a majority of your snaps are taken from shotgun.

    The Air Raid is a fringe system offense. It's not gimmicky or completely without base, but it does not translate well to the NFL. The one redeeming quality is that most Air Raid QBs tend to be above average passers, but that's really it.

    I think the ignorance is coming from your end, I'm not really sure you know what you're talking about.

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    lol I'm not about to dig up old articles for you. You have google, do it yourself. He was a problem child in high school and at OSU. He was 3rd string because he was a me guy, and he claims the birth of his daughter is what made him mature and become a man. All of that shit is out there... I'm not going to link you you can do it yourself

    You bring up the point, you supply the supporting evidence. That's how an argument works at a fundamental level.

    Save for the tweet, there is not one thing to be heard about Cardale and his time at tOSU as a negative. He started 3rd string because Miller was #1, JT was #2 being he had been there longer and flat out won the backup job. Unless you're saying EVERY 3rd stringer is in that spot because of negative reasons? Your logic doesn't hold up.

    @wargograw said:

    Letting Barrett play 2 weeks after a DWI is "pulling no punches"? Letting Zeke play a week after he complained about the coaches to the media? Routinely let his players (Percy Harvin in particular) walk all over him?

    I mean, could have been Miles where players are NOT suspended? Barrett was given time away from his team, his fine, placed in the overnight LARC program, his license was revoked for 6 months and he issued a public apology. That's par the course for what I would expect at any school. What would have been your course of action? I'm curious.

    Zeke complained (rightfully so) about the playcalling, not the coaches themselves. Which Urban addressed publicly, Zeke apologized for and they handled behind closed doors. Of all the examples you could bring up, this was a non-issue and you could cite multiple times of it happening throughout a year.

    I'm not familiar with Percy walking over Urban. Examples, by chance?

    @tiamat63 said:

    You bring up the point, you supply the supporting evidence. That's how an argument works at a fundamental level.

    Save for the tweet, there is not one thing to be heard about Cardale and his time at tOSU as a negative. He started 3rd string because Miller was #1, JT was #2 being he had been there longer and flat out won the backup job. Unless you're saying EVERY 3rd stringer is in that spot because of negative reasons? Your logic doesn't hold up.

    I mean, could have been Miles where players are NOT suspended? Barrett was given time away from his team, his fine, placed in the overnight LARC program, his license was revoked for 6 months and he issued a public apology. That's par the course for what I would expect at any school. What would have been your course of action? I'm curious.

    Zeke complained (rightfully so) about the playcalling, not the coaches themselves. Which Urban addressed publicly, Zeke apologized for and they handled behind closed doors. Of all the examples you could bring up, this was a non-issue and you could cite multiple times of it happening throughout a year.

    I'm not familiar with Percy walking over Urban. Examples, by chance?

    I have no problem with what he does. I'm not one of these people that sits here and criticizes disciplinary actions. I just think it's funny when everyone acts like their coach is a great man and doesn't cheat and doesn't play players that shouldn't be playing, etc. Only the "other guys" do that.

    I don't know what your first sentence means? Les Miles? How is he relevant here? Coincidentally enough, I actually had an LSU chick tell me one night when I talked about a player they bought "we don't pay players, Coach Miles wouldn't allow that." You are the Ohio State version of that girl right now.

    A friend of mine played for Urban Meyer. If you think he's a good guy you're absolutely delusional.

    And Percy Harvin would refuse to work out with the team. He'd tell coaches to f off. Etc. That's just one example. Urban has a long history of playing favorites with good players. Again, I don't care one way or the other. Just not gonna sit here and listen to people say he's some disciplinarian extraordinaire.

  • Joe Thomas prefers meth, not coke. Look it up.

    Cardale never got in serious trouble, but it was little shit that kept him at a military school, then #3 at OSU. Anyways, this thread is about Mahomes, I'm not bickering with you females.

    Mahomes just had wrist surgery, so he probably will go back to school anyways. If he declares, he's going to be a late riser because he's a fucking 6'4 235 Johnny Manziel. Mark my words, if he declares he's going to go high (first 2 rounds) because of his upside

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    If he declares, he's going to be a late riser because he's a fucking 6'4 235 Johnny Manziel. Mark my words, if he declares he's going to go high (first 2 rounds) because of his upside

    Sounds like what's coming to fruition if you ask me...

  • I'm on board the mahomes express...just not at #22. 21 or 23 fine.

  • @hoorta said:

    Mahomes is far from an UDFA project. 🙂 If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.

    1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech

    3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson

    4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

    5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)

    6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

    7. *Luke Falk, Washington State

    8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan

    9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

    10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

    I stopped at 'Mel Kipers opinion'.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I stopped at 'Mel Kipers opinion'.

    Yeah, not a lot of faith in a guy who nearly drowned in Jamarcus Russell/Jimmy Clausen Semen.

  • If it's a QB first round it's Trubisky or bust.

  • 700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

  • 700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

    @cdl15 said:

    700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

    How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

  • Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

  • Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    @cdl15 said:

    Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    Well...you have Brandon Weeden as your avatar. How much credibility can you have at judging QB talent?

    Actually what see in Kizer is basically the new Brandon Weeden. All arm, no touch...not much between the ears.

  • I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

  • Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    @cdl15 said:

    Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    You highlight two of the lowest priority qualities in a starting QB.

    Should tell you something.

  • The Mahomos are on the clock.

    WSS

  • I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

    @bob806 said:

    I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

    Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

    Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

    @hoorta said:

    Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

    I hear you. We all want a better, stable QB situation.

    While the mechanics, velocity, and progressions are important, something tells me Hue keys in on other intangibles, like "is the guy a leader?" It wouldn't shock me if he grabs Watson, a two + year starter.

  • @cdl15 said:

    700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

    How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

    @the-gipper said:

    How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

    Not apples to apples but that same defense surrendered 19 to Auburn in the Bowl Game, which was 7 more than the Tide allowed.

  • Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

  • Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

    🙂

    WSS

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

    🙂

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

    🙂

    WSS

    Fond memory regardless of how short it was Steve. He was best known for beating the Steelers the day Turkey Jones double dribbled Bradshaw off the hard surface.

    Having said that, we never did find out why or how Lambert went from "QBs should wear dresses" after he hit the 180 lb Sipe 5 yards out of bounds to becoming terrified of our QBs. All we know is David Mays was a Dentist and Lambert lost his 2 front teeth during that football season. It felt like an outrageous sequel to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer way back when Santa remembered Cleveland existed.

  • Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Brandon Weeden. Derek Anderson. Big arm does not mean accurate arm or good brain. Now, I don't know if Mahomos is deficient at either....but I would NOT just go with the guy with the best arm. Even the pitcher that throws 100 mph needs to have some movement on his ball to get batters out.