Skip to content

Camp Mahomo

The Browns Board
138 34 4.3k
  • 700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cdl15 said:

    700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

    How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by

    Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

  • Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @cdl15 said:

    Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    Well...you have Brandon Weeden as your avatar. How much credibility can you have at judging QB talent?

    Actually what see in Kizer is basically the new Brandon Weeden. All arm, no touch...not much between the ears.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

  • Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @cdl15 said:

    Fair enough on the defense bit. But make no mistake they were a top 5 team with an impressive 10 game winning streak.

    IMO opinion Mahomes not only has the best arm in the draft he also is the most elusive in the pocket. Honestly I'll take any of them but Trubisky. I foresee a the bust label all over that dude

    You highlight two of the lowest priority qualities in a starting QB.

    Should tell you something.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    The Mahomos are on the clock.

    WSS

  • I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

    Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

  • @bob806 said:

    I'm not a Peter King fan but here's an interesting article about Mahomes

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/01/nfl-draft-patrick-mahomes-ii-texas-tech-quarterback-first-round-prospect

    Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Read the article. Shoulda stuck to baseball. 95 mph fastball. Best arm in this draft class? Um sure. I said it way back- bigger version of Manziel with a better arm, and none of the off field baggage. Lousy mechanics duly noted. If he's still there in the second round- maybe.

    I hear you. We all want a better, stable QB situation.

    While the mechanics, velocity, and progressions are important, something tells me Hue keys in on other intangibles, like "is the guy a leader?" It wouldn't shock me if he grabs Watson, a two + year starter.

  • @cdl15 said:

    700+ passing yards against one of the best teams in the country was spectacular

    How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    How can a team that gives up 700 passing yards be one of the best teams in the country. I would say that is a team that pretty much sucked at playing defense.

    Not apples to apples but that same defense surrendered 19 to Auburn in the Bowl Game, which was 7 more than the Tide allowed.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

  • Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

    🙂

    WSS

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

    🙂

    WSS

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Three words. Dr. Dave Mays.

    🙂

    WSS

    Fond memory regardless of how short it was Steve. He was best known for beating the Steelers the day Turkey Jones double dribbled Bradshaw off the hard surface.

    Having said that, we never did find out why or how Lambert went from "QBs should wear dresses" after he hit the 180 lb Sipe 5 yards out of bounds to becoming terrified of our QBs. All we know is David Mays was a Dentist and Lambert lost his 2 front teeth during that football season. It felt like an outrageous sequel to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer way back when Santa remembered Cleveland existed.

  • Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Brandon Weeden. Derek Anderson. Big arm does not mean accurate arm or good brain. Now, I don't know if Mahomos is deficient at either....but I would NOT just go with the guy with the best arm. Even the pitcher that throws 100 mph needs to have some movement on his ball to get batters out.

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    Lived in cleveland my whole life. If we draft blue chip players instead of reaching on a QB in the first round, what QB are we gonna get in the 2nd that's better?

    Because we're tired of shopping in the bargain bin? I've watched some of Mahomes, and read the critiques. My 0.02? He's a bigger, maybe more mobile version of Johnny Football. Without the drinking problem. Mechanics are a mess. & yes I'm aware Walter Football mocked him to the Browns in the second round. Why would we want to draft a Griffin clone?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Because we're tired of shopping in the bargain bin? I've watched some of Mahomes, and read the critiques. My 0.02? He's a bigger, maybe more mobile version of Johnny Football. Without the drinking problem. Mechanics are a mess. & yes I'm aware Walter Football mocked him to the Browns in the second round. Why would we want to draft a Griffin clone?

    .

    His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

  • @hoorta said:

    Because we're tired of shopping in the bargain bin? I've watched some of Mahomes, and read the critiques. My 0.02? He's a bigger, maybe more mobile version of Johnny Football. Without the drinking problem. Mechanics are a mess. & yes I'm aware Walter Football mocked him to the Browns in the second round. Why would we want to draft a Griffin clone?

    .

    His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

    Vag... prune your inbox...

  • @londonbrown said:

    Mahomes tied the record for ball velocity measured with the radar gun at combine. Fair to say this guy has an arm...

    Brandon Weeden. Derek Anderson. Big arm does not mean accurate arm or good brain. Now, I don't know if Mahomos is deficient at either....but I would NOT just go with the guy with the best arm. Even the pitcher that throws 100 mph needs to have some movement on his ball to get batters out.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Brandon Weeden. Derek Anderson. Big arm does not mean accurate arm or good brain. Now, I don't know if Mahomos is deficient at either....but I would NOT just go with the guy with the best arm. Even the pitcher that throws 100 mph needs to have some movement on his ball to get batters out.

    I agree with this sentiment, but I will say, even though Mahomes has some funky mechanics, he still delivers the ball accurately more often than not. My main concern with Pat is his ability to process information at the NFL level.

  • @hoorta said:

    Because we're tired of shopping in the bargain bin? I've watched some of Mahomes, and read the critiques. My 0.02? He's a bigger, maybe more mobile version of Johnny Football. Without the drinking problem. Mechanics are a mess. & yes I'm aware Walter Football mocked him to the Browns in the second round. Why would we want to draft a Griffin clone?

    .

    His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    .

    His mechanics can be fixed and he knows they aren't great. I think with time to learn he could end up being the best QB in this class, easy.

    WOW! Last time I saw this kid at the combines, he looked sleepier than Dracula in daylight. The first thing that came to mind was does someone want to get this kid a cup of coffee to power down? This kid's arm doesn't look sleepy at all. Who said he has a weak arm?

    I haven't seen that many lasers off the back foot since Brett Favre turned unique into common place up in GB. He's got really good vision and pocket presence I was not expecting. There's also a slight blend of Tony Romo in this guy...

    Here I was talking myself into an alternative like Webb later in the draft and now I see why this kid beat him out. I'll be honest, I was dismissing him up until now.