Skip to content

Camp Mahomo

The Browns Board
138 34 4.3k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    I stopped at 'Mel Kipers opinion'.

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    @baconhound said:

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    I put stock in the opinion of anyone that gets paid to evaluate talent. Far better than my homer opinion, even though Kiper has my homer pick ranked as the top QB.

  • @baconhound said:

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    I put stock in the opinion of anyone that gets paid to evaluate talent. Far better than my homer opinion, even though Kiper has my homer pick ranked as the top QB.

    @topdawg31 said:

    I put stock in the opinion of anyone that gets paid to evaluate talent. Far better than my homer opinion, even though Kiper has my homer pick ranked as the top QB.

    Mel's been wrong plenty of times, I always love to point out his memorable mmmmuuuuussssttt draft Hart Lee Dyes (by the Patriots) no less, and turned into a monumental bust. 1,300 yards and 7 tds for their first round investment.

    That said, he's been above average lately calling the first round. But he (and plenty of other) paid draftnicks are ignoring as sure as the sun comes up in the morning qbs always shoot up draft boards. Um, no one even had Wentz in the first round this time last year, and he went #2 overall. If he has Mitch as low- mid first round now- he's top ten, and probably top 5 come April. Book it.

  • Haha I remember Kiper saying he would quit his job if Jimmy Claussen was a bust. Still waiting on that.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I stopped at 'Mel Kipers opinion'.

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    @baconhound said:

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    By your logic, skip bayless has your ear because "he gets paid". No?

  • Haha I remember Kiper saying he would quit his job if Jimmy Claussen was a bust. Still waiting on that.

    @flyin-j said:

    Haha I remember Kiper saying he would quit his job if Jimmy Claussen was a bust. Still waiting on that.

    ^^^ This guy here. Thank you for injecting some sense into this.

  • He also compared JaMarcus Russell to John Elway, said Ricky Stanti and Blaine Gabbert were going to be more successful than Cam Newton, ripped the Colts for taking Faulk over Schuler and Dilfer. He's not that great of an evaluater.

  • He also compared JaMarcus Russell to John Elway, said Ricky Stanti and Blaine Gabbert were going to be more successful than Cam Newton, ripped the Colts for taking Faulk over Schuler and Dilfer. He's not that great of an evaluater.

    @flyin-j said:

    He also compared JaMarcus Russell to John Elway, said Ricky Stanzi and Blaine Gabbert were going to be more successful than Cam Newton, ripped the Colts for taking Faulk over Schuler and Dilfer. He's not that great of an evaluater.

    Thanks for the refresher- my memory is going in my advanced age. 🙂

  • @baconhound said:

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    By your logic, skip bayless has your ear because "he gets paid". No?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    It's also largely the reason we rode one of our old time prolific posters Shepwrite out of here on a rail (he posts on the other board now) for sucking on the Clausen pickle (as well as Joey Harrington) long after it was conclusively proven they were monumental busts. He's hanging on Garropolo's schlong now- nuff' said.

    Ha, ain't it strange all the Johnny Football pumpers have either left, or changed their tune?

  • @baconhound said:

    Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy 😎

    While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    By your logic, skip bayless has your ear because "he gets paid". No?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    By your logic, skip bayless has your ear because "he gets paid". No?

    And the Raiders front office had Russell, Chargers had Leaf #2, etc. Guys getting paid to evaluate talent miss all the time. Kiper and McShay primarily review college football tape, Bayless, Paige, Wilbon, etc are sports personalities. But being so informed you get the distinction.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    It's also largely the reason we rode one of our old time prolific posters Shepwrite out of here on a rail (he posts on the other board now) for sucking on the Clausen pickle (as well as Joey Harrington) long after it was conclusively proven they were monumental busts. He's hanging on Garropolo's schlong now- nuff' said.

    Ha, ain't it strange all the Johnny Football pumpers have either left, or changed their tune?

    @hoorta said:

    It's also largely the reason we rode one of our old time prolific posters Shepwrite out of here on a rail (he posts on the other board now) for sucking on the Clausen pickle (as well as Joey Harrington) long after it was conclusively proven they were monumental busts. He's hanging on Garropolo's schlong now- nuff' said.

    Ha, ain't it strange all the Johnny Football pumpers have either left, or changed their tune?

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Again, Kiper had Jimmy fucking Clausen as his #1 overall draft prospect once.

    I like my track record against both he and McShay. They're TV personalities, nothing more.

    By your logic, skip bayless has your ear because "he gets paid". No?

    And the Raiders front office had Russell, Chargers had Leaf #2, etc. Guys getting paid to evaluate talent miss all the time. Kiper and McShay primarily review college football tape, Bayless, Paige, Wilbon, etc are sports personalities. But being so informed you get the distinction.

    @baconhound said:

    And the Raiders front office had Russell, Chargers had Leaf #2, etc. Guys getting paid to evaluate talent miss all the time. Kiper and McShay primarily review college football tape, Bayless, Paige, Wilbon, etc are sports personalities. But being so informed you get the distinction.

    Whom do they review footage for? The same company that pays Bayless. Kiper and McShay just try to sound a little more in-depth. Connect with the average joe. They don't scout for any team I'm aware of. Do they pour over tape? Highly doubtful. Because there's no fucking way you call Clausen your #1 overall pick, then he drops several rounds only to be a career 3rd stringer. The disconnect from reality is incredible at that point.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

    Have to have an NFL skillset before you piss it away.

  • Count me in. Personally? I think he's the best qb in this draft. I just don't think he lasts past round 1. If we miss an opportunity to get him, the Browns will have fucked up yet again. That is, if he declares.

  • @hoorta said:

    It's also largely the reason we rode one of our old time prolific posters Shepwrite out of here on a rail (he posts on the other board now) for sucking on the Clausen pickle (as well as Joey Harrington) long after it was conclusively proven they were monumental busts. He's hanging on Garropolo's schlong now- nuff' said.

    Ha, ain't it strange all the Johnny Football pumpers have either left, or changed their tune?

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

    Ag, we love ya. You're family now....

  • @hoorta said:

    It's also largely the reason we rode one of our old time prolific posters Shepwrite out of here on a rail (he posts on the other board now) for sucking on the Clausen pickle (as well as Joey Harrington) long after it was conclusively proven they were monumental busts. He's hanging on Garropolo's schlong now- nuff' said.

    Ha, ain't it strange all the Johnny Football pumpers have either left, or changed their tune?

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

    time to move on as our A&M special agent again. Myles Garrett may declare as Mild Buurrrrrett... can we rebuild him with a warm AG Hoodie?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not yet. Still waiting on a sober JM to try again. Nothing worse than talent diving in a bottle.

    time to move on as our A&M special agent again. Myles Garrett may declare as Mild Buurrrrrett... can we rebuild him with a warm AG Hoodie?

    @gumby73 said:

    time to move on as our A&M special agent again. Myles Garrett may declare as Mild Buurrrrrett... can we rebuild him with a warm AG Hoodie?

    I have warmed up to Allen as our 1st choice since I think we beat the Steelers this weekend. Garrett goes to SF and we should get one of the other quality speed rushers as a our 2nd #1 so our D becomes a power that gets us in the playoffs. Find a true center in round 2 along with one of those QB's for the T-shirt.

    And pay our mid-season steal from NE (or franchise him). He's our best D player on the field.

  • @gumby73 said:

    time to move on as our A&M special agent again. Myles Garrett may declare as Mild Buurrrrrett... can we rebuild him with a warm AG Hoodie?

    I have warmed up to Allen as our 1st choice since I think we beat the Steelers this weekend. Garrett goes to SF and we should get one of the other quality speed rushers as a our 2nd #1 so our D becomes a power that gets us in the playoffs. Find a true center in round 2 along with one of those QB's for the T-shirt.

    And pay our mid-season steal from NE (or franchise him). He's our best D player on the field.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I have warmed up to Allen as our 1st choice since I think we beat the Steelers this weekend. Garrett goes to SF and we should get one of the other quality speed rushers as a our 2nd #1 so our D becomes a power that gets us in the playoffs. Find a true center in round 2 along with one of those QB's for the T-shirt.

    And pay our mid-season steal from NE (or franchise him). He's our best D player on the field.

    You don't think the 49ers want a quarterback? I would think they would be dying to shitcan that blight on the league they have now.

    WSS

  • SF needs a QB, but they also have a lot of other needs. I would not be shocked to see them trade down as we did last year.

    As for Kiper... he's entertaining in a fashion. He stirs up interest and conversation. That's his primary job. I've little doubt he watches more tape in a year than I do in a decade.... maybe two. Plus he talks to coaches, scouts, mascots, whatever to help form his opinions... and in the end that's all they are.

    Personally I like/value McShay's takes more. Seem to have more depth... and a lot less attitude. Ditto Mayock whose OL evaluations I particularly like.

  • My preference in the last couple of years is Maylock, then McShay and lastly for Twilight Zone entertainment, Kiper. 😁

  • Go to the play at 2:40. Are you kidding me?

    I know arm talent isn't everything (Brandon Weeden) but talk about a guy who's throws could cut through Cleveland's December winds. Big, mobile, durable and accurate too. Yes, he'd have to learn to call plays in the huddle and work on his footwork.. However Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr came from similar offenses and had to make the adjustments to the NFL and have.

  • Go to the play at 2:40. Are you kidding me?

    I know arm talent isn't everything (Brandon Weeden) but talk about a guy who's throws could cut through Cleveland's December winds. Big, mobile, durable and accurate too. Yes, he'd have to learn to call plays in the huddle and work on his footwork.. However Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr came from similar offenses and had to make the adjustments to the NFL and have.

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    Go to the play at 2:40. Are you kidding me?

    I know arm talent isn't everything (Brandon Weeden) but talk about a guy who's throws could cut through Cleveland's December winds. Big, mobile, durable and accurate too. Yes, he'd have to learn to call plays in the huddle and work on his footwork.. However Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr came from similar offenses and had to make the adjustments to the NFL and have.

    It's shocking that he was able to evade that feared LA Tech pass rush and find the open guy against the shutdown LA Tech secondary. He has my vote.