Skip to content

Camp Mahomo

The Browns Board
138 34 4.3k
  • So QBs can't get better mentally?

    @wargograw said:

    So QBs can't get better mentally?

    They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?

    I can't think of a single one.

  • And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

  • Despite what my username might entail, I'm all for drafting Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd round to be our QB of the future

    I'd love to see the hometown kid Trubisky go #1 overall to the Browns, but I'd much rather be a good team than be witness to a feel good story.


    We have way too many holes as a team and could use our two first round picks to seriously improve our team.

    However, we need to address the QB position at some point. RG3 is tough, but is garbage. Kessler is ok, but more of a risk-averse backup. McCown is ready to retire.

    Let's grab 2 blue chip prospects in the first round, and get a QB with very high upside in the 2nd round.

    Mahomes is big, strong armed, accurate, and mobile. His only knock is the gimmicky offense he plays in at Texas tech. In fact, the offense he plays in is similar to what Derek Carr ran at Fresno state. Scouts even compare him to Carr.

    Lets bolster our lines and let Mahomes, Kessler, and whoever else battle to be the starter next year.

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    Despite what my username might entail, I'm all for drafting Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd round to be our QB of the future

    I'd love to see the hometown kid Trubisky go #1 overall to the Browns, but I'd much rather be a good team than be witness to a feel good story.

    We have way too many holes as a team and could use our two first round picks to seriously improve our team.

    However, we need to address the QB position at some point. RG3 is tough, but is garbage. Kessler is ok, but more of a risk-averse backup. McCown is ready to retire.

    Let's grab 2 blue chip prospects in the first round, and get a QB with very high upside in the 2nd round.

    Mahomes is big, strong armed, accurate, and mobile. His only knock is the gimmicky offense he plays in at Texas tech. In fact, the offense he plays in is similar to what Derek Carr ran at Fresno state. Scouts even compare him to Carr.

    Lets bolster our lines and let Mahomes, Kessler, and whoever else battle to be the starter next year.

    RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.

  • @wargograw said:

    So QBs can't get better mentally?

    They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?

    I can't think of a single one.

    @tiamat63 said:

    They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?

    I can't think of a single one.

    Is anyone advocating taking Mahomes early?

    I wouldn't touch him before the third, probably.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?

    I can't think of a single one.

    Is anyone advocating taking Mahomes early?

    I wouldn't touch him before the third, probably.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Is anyone advocating taking Mahomes early?

    I wouldn't touch him before the third, probably.

    Is this not 'camp mahomes'..? I've seen one poster say take him first round. I've seen another or so say take him as high as the 2nd.

  • Mitch2Pryor said:

    Despite what my username might entail, I'm all for drafting Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd round to be our QB of the future

    I'd love to see the hometown kid Trubisky go #1 overall to the Browns, but I'd much rather be a good team than be witness to a feel good story.

    We have way too many holes as a team and could use our two first round picks to seriously improve our team.

    However, we need to address the QB position at some point. RG3 is tough, but is garbage. Kessler is ok, but more of a risk-averse backup. McCown is ready to retire.

    Let's grab 2 blue chip prospects in the first round, and get a QB with very high upside in the 2nd round.

    Mahomes is big, strong armed, accurate, and mobile. His only knock is the gimmicky offense he plays in at Texas tech. In fact, the offense he plays in is similar to what Derek Carr ran at Fresno state. Scouts even compare him to Carr.

    Lets bolster our lines and let Mahomes, Kessler, and whoever else battle to be the starter next year.

    RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.

    You're conflating toughness with fragility. RG3 may be brittle-boned, but he's a tough S.O.B. The hits he was taking last week were brutal, and yet he kept getting up.

    If you break your coracoid bone in your throwing shoulder, or tear your ACL+MCL, it doesn't matter how tough you are.. you're done for a while

  • who the fuck is Mahomes? we don't need to draft another 3rd string QB. Ole moneyball needs to decide which one is best and draft him #1 overall. Stop this 20 year cycle of hoping we find a russell wilson in the 6th round.

  • Would have no problem with Mahomes as long as he drops to the 4th round or later.

  • @wargograw said:

    So QBs can't get better mentally?

    They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?

    I can't think of a single one.

    @tiamat63 said:

    They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?

    I can't think of a single one.

    Hence "is a decent NFL prospect, especially at a low price."

  • @bob806 said:

    It means something. The Big 12 is wide open WRs in shotgun offenses. Huge adjustments needed by the prospects entering the NFL.

    Just for fun the "best" qbs to come out of the Big 12. http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/112241/ranking-the-big-12s-top-5-all-time-qbs

    @hoorta said:

    That's a sad and horrid list of ineptitude at the QB position.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Is anyone advocating taking Mahomes early?

    I wouldn't touch him before the third, probably.

    Is this not 'camp mahomes'..? I've seen one poster say take him first round. I've seen another or so say take him as high as the 2nd.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Is this not 'camp mahomes'..? I've seen one poster say take him first round. I've seen another or so say take him as high as the 2nd.

    I don't know, I'm not gonna go back and read it. I assumed this was more of the Camp Take BPA for two

    Rounds and then get Mahomes

  • And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

    Zombo said:

    And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

    I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? 🙂

  • Zombo said:

    And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

    I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? 🙂

    Our QB room needs a complete overhaul, I'm game with drafting him late after we get Trubisky at 1 or 2, probably 2 now that the stoolers are sitting everyone on Sunday. Can't wait to hear the stooler fans say we won because they sat their starters when we haven't played any starters since like week 3.

  • And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

    Zombo said:

    And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

    LOL! And to think they set you up for your favorite word. 😆

  • Zombo said:

    And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.

    That was easy.

    easy-button.jpg

    I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? 🙂

    So you're in Camp Mahomo-lite?

  • Not to take away anything from the manager of SWAK are Lipstick, are Trubisky fans now called Mitch's Bitches?

    WSS

  • Not to take away anything from the manager of SWAK are Lipstick, are Trubisky fans now called Mitch's Bitches?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Not to take away anything from the manager of SWAK are Lipstick, are Trubisky fans now called Mitch's Bitches?

    WSS

    I like it.

    Zombo

  • @hoorta said:

    I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not? 🙂

    So you're in Camp Mahomo-lite?

    @tour2ma said:

    So you're in Camp Mahomo-lite?

    4th round is where you take projects Tour. Mahomes qualifies in my book. We have that Washington guy Cousins for a gamble that paid off. 🙂

    Don't see him lasting that long though.

  • @tour2ma said:

    So you're in Camp Mahomo-lite?

    4th round is where you take projects Tour. Mahomes qualifies in my book. We have that Washington guy Cousins for a gamble that paid off. 🙂

    Don't see him lasting that long though.

    @hoorta said:

    4th round is where you take projects Tour. Mahomes qualifies in my book. We have that Washington guy Cousins for a gamble that paid off. 🙂

    Don't see him lasting that long though.

    Projected UDFA's are called reaches in the 4th.

  • @hoorta said:

    4th round is where you take projects Tour. Mahomes qualifies in my book. We have that Washington guy Cousins for a gamble that paid off. 🙂

    Don't see him lasting that long though.

    Projected UDFA's are called reaches in the 4th.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Projected UDFA's are called reaches in the 4th.

    Mahomes is far from an UDFA project. 🙂 If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.

    1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

    2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech

    3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson

    4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

    5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)

    6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

    7. *Luke Falk, Washington State

    8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan

    9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

    10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State