Skip to content

Browns "elite" O-line

The Browns Board
46 23 1.5k
  • Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.

    That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.

    That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.

    Agreed. Let's just get Elflein or Pocic and let whoever wins the battle get the spot.

  • Edited: Cooper SO not going to be the man at RG next year.

    Zombo said:

    Edited: Cooper SO not going to be the man at RG next year.

    Why do you say that?

  • Zombo said:

    Edited: Cooper SO not going to be the man at RG next year.

    Why do you say that?

  • Center has to be addressed. That simple. Ervings body of work in two years doesn't point to giving us the ability to ignore the position moving forward. Especially if there are potentially great centers available via draft.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.

    That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.

    "I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field." That's not saying much TC. I still think we need an upgrade at center. Too bad Mack wanted out of town. I really do see us drafting OL with one of the two second round picks.

    @hoorta said:

    "I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field." That's not saying much TC. I still think we need an upgrade at center. Too bad Mack wanted out of town. I really do see us drafting OL with one of the two second round picks.

    I think he's actually coming into his own a bit. I would still advocate for a 3rd round center for competition sake, but Erving has played remarkably better in the last two-three games and he's....dare I say it....earned a chance to compete for the starting nod next season.

    Erving is currently getting the Schwartz treatment - bad early career left him as the butt of jokes to the point that it shrouded his actual good play when it ultimately happened. He was the second highest rated offensive player against Buffalo. The game is coming along.

    I think Hue is invested heavily in Erving at this point and we'all see him at starting C next season.

  • Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.

    That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.

    That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.

    All I can is we fundamentally disagree here. Erving is turning into the defintion of a bust.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Erving will be our starting center next year, we'll return Greco and Bito and Pasztor.

    That's a perfectly acceptable line. Erving has grown over the past three games to the point that I don't physically vomit when I see him on the field.

    All I can is we fundamentally disagree here. Erving is turning into the defintion of a bust.

    @jrb12711 said:

    All I can is we fundamentally disagree here. Erving is turning into the defintion of a bust.

    Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    All I can is we fundamentally disagree here. Erving is turning into the defintion of a bust.

    Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

    Yes, I have watched him TC. He's advanced from a total pile of crap, to just on the low side of mediocre.

    Not addressed to you- but some folks here think if a player suits up and gets on the field, he must be OK at least.

    I wouldn't be all that shocked if we have two new starters on OL next year. Other than JT and Bito, IMHO- we could upgrade at all the other spots.

  • Erving is at least improving. Until the trajectory turns back downward, why not keep riding the wave?

  • he's improving but he set the bar at an all time low with his play before the past few games.

  • Erving is at least improving. Until the trajectory turns back downward, why not keep riding the wave?

    @wargograw said:

    Erving is at least improving. Until the trajectory turns back downward, why not keep riding the wave?

    I'm with you. I would not cut him yet. See how he does this last week and all preseason first. (But still draft a pure quality center or get a FA one)

  • @jrb12711 said:

    All I can is we fundamentally disagree here. Erving is turning into the defintion of a bust.

    Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

    Just to expand on what was said above, if this was end of year one I would be a lot more in your camp. The problem, his bad tape is still AWFUL. You can put lipstick on a pig but it isn't going to help that much in the end.

  • But the older his "bad tape" gets... the less relevant it is...

    I've no doubt Cam will be in camp next summer competing for his job.

  • Tour, any chance you'd have the time to do some analysis of just Cam's last few games? It'd be so head-slapping stupid to see him succeed somewhere else just like our last hi-drafted OL starter misadventures [schwartz/mack]. I'm happy to withhold judgement and let his learning curve speak for itself.. the NFL is a job for a reason.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Have you actually watched him play recently or are you just going with what people on message boards say?

    Just to expand on what was said above, if this was end of year one I would be a lot more in your camp. The problem, his bad tape is still AWFUL. You can put lipstick on a pig but it isn't going to help that much in the end.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Just to expand on what was said above, if this was end of year one I would be a lot more in your camp. The problem, his bad tape is still AWFUL. You can put lipstick on a pig but it isn't going to help that much in the end.

    I'm not debating it was a bad pick. It was. Year one, Erving was fat and didn't understand the offense. He came to camp this year in fantastic shape and this has essentially been his real rookie year....and he's shown progress. He will be contending for the starting job next season and there's a chance he wins it.

    We're not drafting 3 OL this year, as much as people on here want to shit themselves over it. Just ain't gonna happen.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Just to expand on what was said above, if this was end of year one I would be a lot more in your camp. The problem, his bad tape is still AWFUL. You can put lipstick on a pig but it isn't going to help that much in the end.

    I'm not debating it was a bad pick. It was. Year one, Erving was fat and didn't understand the offense. He came to camp this year in fantastic shape and this has essentially been his real rookie year....and he's shown progress. He will be contending for the starting job next season and there's a chance he wins it.

    We're not drafting 3 OL this year, as much as people on here want to shit themselves over it. Just ain't gonna happen.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not debating it was a bad pick. It was. Year one, Erving was fat and didn't understand the offense. He came to camp this year in fantastic shape and this has essentially been his real rookie year....and he's shown progress. He will be contending for the starting job next season and there's a chance he wins it.

    We're not drafting 3 OL this year, as much as people on here want to shit themselves over it. Just ain't gonna happen.

    I mean I don't disagree with that. All I'm saying is that OL just like a lot of areas (seen above) is one where we can easily stand to improve. I'd be fine taking such a dude in the 2nd round with the Titans pick in particular.

  • So I heard on 92.3 today that Cam"turnstyle" Erving may be moving to right tackle this week. Is this his last audition?

  • So I heard on 92.3 today that Cam"turnstyle" Erving may be moving to right tackle this week. Is this his last audition?

    @topdawg31 said:

    So I heard on 92.3 today that Cam"turnstyle" Erving may be moving to right tackle this week. Is this his last audition?

    He is practicing at RT ... I guess the QB will get killed from a different angle instead of up the gut this week.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/12/cameron_erving_spends_time_at.html

    Zombo

  • RT might be a good spot for Erving if we find a C in the draft.

  • well....RT is his natural position, so it only makes sense to me....

    The fact is, he only played 5 games at center in college....so to those that think it's his natural position....not so....

    And the Browns.....who drafted a RT to play C..... then turned around and started him out at G are whacky doodle doo.....