those wanting garoppolo
-
Wtf has garrapolo done to warrant a 1st and a 4th
That would be a great deal for the Patriots.
-
^^^^^ This.
They do have to be accounted for, But I want something better.
I'm with Nickers- so great Garropolo pumper, get your crystal ball out and tell me what you think Jimmy's ceiling is. It had damn well better be higher than Ryan Tannehill's. That's your classic second tier. If you think he's worth the Eagles pick, and say one of our comp 4ths- that's franchise qb territory. A guy with a 12 year borderline HOF career. Excuse me if I don't see that yet in Jimmy the two start wonder.
That's more than what the Steelers lucked into when they selected Ben with the #11 pick. So I won't be upset if gee wiz Jimmy turns out that good. I want top 10 performance for a top 10 price. Anything less than than that is an assorted flavor of FAIL. Dear Sashi and Depodesta evaluate this limited resume guy very carefully before you pull the trigger on a trade that has the potential to set this franchise back another three years. Might cost you your jobs.
We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.
I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.
It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.
I am saying two things definitively:
1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.
2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.
If you like him, go get him.
Zombo
Zombo said:
We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.
I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.
It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.
I am saying two things definitively:
1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.
2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.
If you like him, go get him.
Zombo
Settling and mortgaging your future for a "so-so" QB like JG is being totally defeatist..
-
If Garrapolo played for anyone but NE would he even be talked about? Let's give a first and a fourth up for Tom Savage instead, he looked ok second half at the weekend. BAFFLING
-
Zombo said:
We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.
I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.
It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.
I am saying two things definitively:
1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.
2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.
If you like him, go get him.
Zombo
Settling and mortgaging your future for a "so-so" QB like JG is being totally defeatist..
Settling and mortgaging your future for a "so-so" QB like JG is being totally defeatist..
It's not morgaging your future....you're trading an extra 1st round pick for a guy who looks to be a pretty good NFL QB in his limited experience. He has more experience than any of the gay QB's y'all are talking about taking in the 1st round so that already puts him ahead. The Rams mortgaged their future for a dimwit QB. The Vikings did the same. Trading an extra 1st rounder for a guy who has looked to be pretty good is not the same thing.
-
Wtf has garrapolo done to warrant a 1st and a 4th
That would be a great deal for the Patriots.
-
Wtf has garrapolo done to warrant a 1st and a 4th
That would be a great deal for the Patriots.
Wtf has garrapolo done to warrant a 1st and a 4th
That would be a great deal for the Patriots.
Indeed it would be, and you can thank the Vikings for setting the inflated price.
Not much, but he's still done more than anybody coming out of college. Man, I hope we get this right. The more I think about it, the less and less I think this will happen. I think we'll poke around a bit, but we won't give up assets. I think we'll draft somebody early in the draft, with the hope they can learn behind RG III.
Exactly. The Browns throw picks at this guy- it's counter to the "we're building through the draft" strategy.
Zombo said:
We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.
I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.
It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.
I am saying two things definitively:
1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.
2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.
If you like him, go get him.
Zombo
Of course we need an upgrade over RG III, who's arguing that? MHO is you're barking up the wrong tree. If if JG is Alex Smith good OK. Smith was a #1 overall pick who took a few years to find his groove. Dalton does not elevate the play around him. Look no farther than this year when the Bungle Brainless trust let all his wr depth take a hike. Mike "Cheapskate" Brown at his finest.
Sorry Z at least in regards to Jimmy G. Your value system is out of kilter. That first and fourth is what a desperate team with a playoff agenda shelled out for Sam Bradford. That isn't the Browns case at all. I'll let you go to pro football reference and compare their respective body of work. If you think it's comparable- you can start the Jimmy Garropolo Man Love Club, just like we had to deal with the Quinn homos. Good Lord Z, you're acting like the second coming of Brett Favre is about to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
You want a value comparison? We gave up a third for Jamie Collins, a genuine, porcupine, certified Pro Bowl linebacker. But the essentially unproven backup quarterback Garropolo is somehow worth way more than that? Kindly get real. Bill got him for a second round pick- we'll give you that back in exchange. We could cover our bet by throwing in some pick escalators based on how well he does- happy now? Throw in a conditional 2018 second on top of it.

If Garrapolo played for anyone but NE would he even be talked about? Let's give a first and a fourth up for Tom Savage instead, he looked ok second half at the weekend. BAFFLING
Z just can't believe it- but it's mighty dangerous to be giving up serious picks on a limited body of work. Instead maybe we should draft four quarterbacks in the fourth round 2017, and hope we can pull another Dak Prescott out of our ass.
-
our top pick of the second round is kinda like a first rounder......
that I would do for him....
-
Well for once I would say to the FO-"Stick to the fucking plan!"
That does not mean trade away the future.
-
Wtf has garrapolo done to warrant a 1st and a 4th
That would be a great deal for the Patriots.
Indeed it would be, and you can thank the Vikings for setting the inflated price.
Not much, but he's still done more than anybody coming out of college. Man, I hope we get this right. The more I think about it, the less and less I think this will happen. I think we'll poke around a bit, but we won't give up assets. I think we'll draft somebody early in the draft, with the hope they can learn behind RG III.
Exactly. The Browns throw picks at this guy- it's counter to the "we're building through the draft" strategy.
Zombo said:
We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.
I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.
It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.
I am saying two things definitively:
1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.
2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.
If you like him, go get him.
Zombo
Of course we need an upgrade over RG III, who's arguing that? MHO is you're barking up the wrong tree. If if JG is Alex Smith good OK. Smith was a #1 overall pick who took a few years to find his groove. Dalton does not elevate the play around him. Look no farther than this year when the Bungle Brainless trust let all his wr depth take a hike. Mike "Cheapskate" Brown at his finest.
Sorry Z at least in regards to Jimmy G. Your value system is out of kilter. That first and fourth is what a desperate team with a playoff agenda shelled out for Sam Bradford. That isn't the Browns case at all. I'll let you go to pro football reference and compare their respective body of work. If you think it's comparable- you can start the Jimmy Garropolo Man Love Club, just like we had to deal with the Quinn homos. Good Lord Z, you're acting like the second coming of Brett Favre is about to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
You want a value comparison? We gave up a third for Jamie Collins, a genuine, porcupine, certified Pro Bowl linebacker. But the essentially unproven backup quarterback Garropolo is somehow worth way more than that? Kindly get real. Bill got him for a second round pick- we'll give you that back in exchange. We could cover our bet by throwing in some pick escalators based on how well he does- happy now? Throw in a conditional 2018 second on top of it.

If Garrapolo played for anyone but NE would he even be talked about? Let's give a first and a fourth up for Tom Savage instead, he looked ok second half at the weekend. BAFFLING
Z just can't believe it- but it's mighty dangerous to be giving up serious picks on a limited body of work. Instead maybe we should draft four quarterbacks in the fourth round 2017, and hope we can pull another Dak Prescott out of our ass.
Indeed it would be, and you can thank the Vikings for setting the inflated price.
Exactly. The Browns throw picks at this guy- it's counter to the "we're building through the draft" strategy.
Of course we need an upgrade over RG III, who's arguing that? MHO is you're barking up the wrong tree. If if JG is Alex Smith good OK. Smith was a #1 overall pick who took a few years to find his groove. Dalton does not elevate the play around him. Look no farther than this year when the Bungle Brainless trust let all his wr depth take a hike. Mike "Cheapskate" Brown at his finest.
Sorry Z at least in regards to Jimmy G. Your value system is out of kilter. That first and fourth is what a desperate team with a playoff agenda shelled out for Sam Bradford. That isn't the Browns case at all. I'll let you go to pro football reference and compare their respective body of work. If you think it's comparable- you can start the Jimmy Garropolo Man Love Club, just like we had to deal with the Quinn homos. Good Lord Z, you're acting like the second coming of Brett Favre is about to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
You want a value comparison? We gave up a third for Jamie Collins, a genuine, porcupine, certified Pro Bowl linebacker. But the essentially unproven backup quarterback Garropolo is somehow worth way more than that? Kindly get real. Bill got him for a second round pick- we'll give you that back in exchange. We could cover our bet by throwing in some pick escalators based on how well he does- happy now? Throw in a conditional 2018 second on top of it.

Z just can't believe it- but it's mighty dangerous to be giving up serious picks on a limited body of work. Instead maybe we should draft four quarterbacks in the fourth round 2017, and hope we can pull another Dak Prescott out of our ass.
Ya, let's just pull something out of our ass. That's a good game plan.
You act like trading a first round pick for a guy that was a second round pick with three years of seasoning and some good limited results is the most horrifying thing you have ever heard.
The guy can obviously play in this league and his skillset meets Hue's system well.
Maybe he'll be mediocre and the first rounder wasn't worth it. Oh well, we tried, instead of just hoping to pull something out of our ass.
First round QBs are 50/50, I give JG a little better odds than that based on his preseason and regular season work.
There is NFL film on him. Three years of preseason and a handful of NFL games including two starts this year. He hasn't sucked yet. He's shown accuracy, live arm, and takes care of the football.
God forbid we spend #10 on him, when there's a decent chance he could be a reliable NFL starter.
We spent an 8 on Gilbert, 6 on Mingo, 3 on Richardson ... God forfucking bid we spend a 10 on a good prospective QB, let's go reach on some soft defenders instead.
Shaking my fucking head at you QB snobs. You are all abhorred at the thought of trading our second #1 for JG but none of you are providing a solution: Trub? Watson? Kiser? Cousins? Or just roll with molasses feet Kessler and hope we pull something out of our ass?
Zombo
-
Indeed it would be, and you can thank the Vikings for setting the inflated price.
Exactly. The Browns throw picks at this guy- it's counter to the "we're building through the draft" strategy.
Of course we need an upgrade over RG III, who's arguing that? MHO is you're barking up the wrong tree. If if JG is Alex Smith good OK. Smith was a #1 overall pick who took a few years to find his groove. Dalton does not elevate the play around him. Look no farther than this year when the Bungle Brainless trust let all his wr depth take a hike. Mike "Cheapskate" Brown at his finest.
Sorry Z at least in regards to Jimmy G. Your value system is out of kilter. That first and fourth is what a desperate team with a playoff agenda shelled out for Sam Bradford. That isn't the Browns case at all. I'll let you go to pro football reference and compare their respective body of work. If you think it's comparable- you can start the Jimmy Garropolo Man Love Club, just like we had to deal with the Quinn homos. Good Lord Z, you're acting like the second coming of Brett Favre is about to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
You want a value comparison? We gave up a third for Jamie Collins, a genuine, porcupine, certified Pro Bowl linebacker. But the essentially unproven backup quarterback Garropolo is somehow worth way more than that? Kindly get real. Bill got him for a second round pick- we'll give you that back in exchange. We could cover our bet by throwing in some pick escalators based on how well he does- happy now? Throw in a conditional 2018 second on top of it.

Z just can't believe it- but it's mighty dangerous to be giving up serious picks on a limited body of work. Instead maybe we should draft four quarterbacks in the fourth round 2017, and hope we can pull another Dak Prescott out of our ass.
Ya, let's just pull something out of our ass. That's a good game plan.
You act like trading a first round pick for a guy that was a second round pick with three years of seasoning and some good limited results is the most horrifying thing you have ever heard.
The guy can obviously play in this league and his skillset meets Hue's system well.
Maybe he'll be mediocre and the first rounder wasn't worth it. Oh well, we tried, instead of just hoping to pull something out of our ass.
First round QBs are 50/50, I give JG a little better odds than that based on his preseason and regular season work.
There is NFL film on him. Three years of preseason and a handful of NFL games including two starts this year. He hasn't sucked yet. He's shown accuracy, live arm, and takes care of the football.
God forbid we spend #10 on him, when there's a decent chance he could be a reliable NFL starter.
We spent an 8 on Gilbert, 6 on Mingo, 3 on Richardson ... God forfucking bid we spend a 10 on a good prospective QB, let's go reach on some soft defenders instead.
Shaking my fucking head at you QB snobs. You are all abhorred at the thought of trading our second #1 for JG but none of you are providing a solution: Trub? Watson? Kiser? Cousins? Or just roll with molasses feet Kessler and hope we pull something out of our ass?
Zombo
Zombo said:
Ya, let's just pull something out of our ass. That's a good game plan.
You act like trading a first round pick for a guy that was a second round pick with three years of seasoning and some good limited results is the most horrifying thing you have ever heard.
The guy can obviously play in this league and his skillset meets Hue's system well.
Maybe he'll be mediocre and the first rounder wasn't worth it. Oh well, we tried, instead of just hoping to pull something out of our ass.
First round QBs are 50/50, I give JG a little better odds than that based on his preseason and regular season work.
There is NFL film on him. Three years of preseason and a handful of NFL games including two starts this year. He hasn't sucked yet. He's shown accuracy, live arm, and takes care of the football.
God forbid we spend #10 on him, when there's a decent chance he could be a reliable NFL starter.
We spent an 8 on Gilbert, 6 on Mingo, 3 on Richardson ... God forfucking bid we spend a 10 on a good prospective QB, let's go reach on some soft defenders instead.
Shaking my fucking head at you QB snobs. You are all abhorred at the thought of trading our second #1 for JG but none of you are providing a solution: Trub? Watson? Kiser? Cousins? Or just roll with molasses feet Kessler and hope we pull something out of our ass?
Zombo
Poof!! there it is..^^with our 1st rd. draft history I would not even worry about the 2nd 1st rounder. Let our history show I'd be more concerned about the 4th we may lose. but we got one coming back in 2018 for a PUNTER. Andy Lee. in 2017, 3 comp picks? in 4th round & a 6th for Gilbert...Trub,Watson, Bowl matchups won't be easy but the NFL is much tougher for a guy like Jimmy G.I think not. Surely the Bears our thinking Jimmy may want to play back home..Hoorta, forget that couple of glasses of wine. Buy that shi$ by the bottles/cases it's a long way to draft night
BTW-this 5 page topic may never happen, but were damn good at it.. -
Zombo said:
Ya, let's just pull something out of our ass. That's a good game plan.
You act like trading a first round pick for a guy that was a second round pick with three years of seasoning and some good limited results is the most horrifying thing you have ever heard.
The guy can obviously play in this league and his skillset meets Hue's system well.
Maybe he'll be mediocre and the first rounder wasn't worth it. Oh well, we tried, instead of just hoping to pull something out of our ass.
First round QBs are 50/50, I give JG a little better odds than that based on his preseason and regular season work.
There is NFL film on him. Three years of preseason and a handful of NFL games including two starts this year. He hasn't sucked yet. He's shown accuracy, live arm, and takes care of the football.
God forbid we spend #10 on him, when there's a decent chance he could be a reliable NFL starter.
We spent an 8 on Gilbert, 6 on Mingo, 3 on Richardson ... God forfucking bid we spend a 10 on a good prospective QB, let's go reach on some soft defenders instead.
Shaking my fucking head at you QB snobs. You are all abhorred at the thought of trading our second #1 for JG but none of you are providing a solution: Trub? Watson? Kiser? Cousins? Or just roll with molasses feet Kessler and hope we pull something out of our ass?
Zombo
Poof!! there it is..^^with our 1st rd. draft history I would not even worry about the 2nd 1st rounder. Let our history show I'd be more concerned about the 4th we may lose. but we got one coming back in 2018 for a PUNTER. Andy Lee. in 2017, 3 comp picks? in 4th round & a 6th for Gilbert...Trub,Watson, Bowl matchups won't be easy but the NFL is much tougher for a guy like Jimmy G.I think not. Surely the Bears our thinking Jimmy may want to play back home..Hoorta, forget that couple of glasses of wine. Buy that shi$ by the bottles/cases it's a long way to draft night
BTW-this 5 page topic may never happen, but were damn good at it.. Poof!! there it is..^^with our 1st rd. draft history I would not even worry about the 2nd 1st rounder. Let our history show I'd be more concerned about the 4th we may lose. but we got one coming back in 2018 for a PUNTER. Andy Lee. in 2017, 3 comp picks? in 4th round & a 6th for Gilbert...Trub,Watson, Bowl matchups won't be easy but the NFL is much tougher for a guy like Jimmy G.I think not. Surely the Bears our thinking Jimmy may want to play back home..Hoorta, forget that couple of glasses of wine. Buy that shi$ by the bottles/cases it's a long way to draft night
BTW-this 5 page topic may never happen, but were damn good at it.. I declare this to be the Jimmy Garopolo Homo thread. I'm not going to argue with Z anymore about it. My comments on his flaws fell on deaf ears. Not listening to my counter suggestions either. Please keep on giving this guy virtual blow jobs. I have never seen this kind of love given to a freaking backup qb.
Yes Bears, please please be the ones to send Jimmy back home to Chicago.
-
I balked at the price tag, but Zombo has sold me (and THAT is the beauty of messageboards).
You really have to just ask yourself:
1. Do you want a QB with one of our first round picks?
2. Who's the better prospect: Garropollo NOW or Trubisky (or whoever you like) now?
You can't tell me any QB in this draft is a better prospect than JG.
I like Tour's idea. Trade down then trade out.
-
-
London Brown makes a good point. If Jimmy wasn't a patriot we wouldn't care about him at all.
And all the fuss over Dak Prescott I think is misplaced. The Cowboys are a pretty good team and Tony Romo hasn't been a top-flight quarterback for a while. You can replace quarterbacks on good teams. We are expecting a quarterback to make a big difference and I don't know why that is.
Seems like there's this idea that hiring somebody from a good team will make us a good team. It's like hiring Bill Wyman to play bass on your next album and then wondering why you aren't as popular as the Rolling Stones.
That being said I like to Jimmy when he came out okay. RG3 was a hot item when he came out. So?
WSS
-
-
Poof!! there it is..^^with our 1st rd. draft history I would not even worry about the 2nd 1st rounder. Let our history show I'd be more concerned about the 4th we may lose. but we got one coming back in 2018 for a PUNTER. Andy Lee. in 2017, 3 comp picks? in 4th round & a 6th for Gilbert...Trub,Watson, Bowl matchups won't be easy but the NFL is much tougher for a guy like Jimmy G.I think not. Surely the Bears our thinking Jimmy may want to play back home..Hoorta, forget that couple of glasses of wine. Buy that shi$ by the bottles/cases it's a long way to draft night
BTW-this 5 page topic may never happen, but were damn good at it.. I declare this to be the Jimmy Garopolo Homo thread. I'm not going to argue with Z anymore about it. My comments on his flaws fell on deaf ears. Not listening to my counter suggestions either. Please keep on giving this guy virtual blow jobs. I have never seen this kind of love given to a freaking backup qb.
Yes Bears, please please be the ones to send Jimmy back home to Chicago.
I declare this to be the Jimmy Garopolo Homo thread. I'm not going to argue with Z anymore about it. My comments on his flaws fell on deaf ears. Not listening to my counter suggestions either. Please keep on giving this guy virtual blow jobs. I have never seen this kind of love given to a freaking backup qb.
Yes Bears, please please be the ones to send Jimmy back home to Chicago.
My position is that we have a better option than trading anything for this guy..
-
I balked at the price tag, but Zombo has sold me (and THAT is the beauty of messageboards).
You really have to just ask yourself:
1. Do you want a QB with one of our first round picks?
2. Who's the better prospect: Garropollo NOW or Trubisky (or whoever you like) now?
You can't tell me any QB in this draft is a better prospect than JG.
I like Tour's idea. Trade down then trade out.
I balked at the price tag, but Zombo has sold me (and THAT is the beauty of messageboards).
You really have to just ask yourself:
1. Do you want a QB with one of our first round picks?
2. Who's the better prospect: Garropollo NOW or Trubisky (or whoever you like) now?
You can't tell me any QB in this draft is a better prospect than JG.
Yes, I can and will tell you just that: Trubisky is a better prospect. He is the best QB prospect to come out since Winston.
-
Unless it's a future 1st round pick, beyond 2017, no way. With 2 top 10 picks, the Browns can get 2 defensive studs, some combination of :
1. Garrett or Allen
and
2. Foster/Cunningham/Williams/Adams
Hell, seen some rumblings that project some of the QBs dropping to the 2nd round. So we know as much about the current draft eligible QBs as we do about Jimmy G. Nobody knows it's they're worth reaching for.
Trading away a high pick for a QB, regardless of his talent, and putting him behind that offensive line, is a waste. He'll end up in the hospital in preseason.
Side note : Last backup QB I can think of that got traded for a high pick, and ended up being worth anything, was Favre (who was a 2nd round draft pick), when GB gave Atlanta a 1st ... And I think at that time, he hadn't played for Atlanta at all and not much was known about his NFL potential.
-
Unless it's a future 1st round pick, beyond 2017, no way. With 2 top 10 picks, the Browns can get 2 defensive studs, some combination of :
1. Garrett or Allen
and
2. Foster/Cunningham/Williams/Adams
Hell, seen some rumblings that project some of the QBs dropping to the 2nd round. So we know as much about the current draft eligible QBs as we do about Jimmy G. Nobody knows it's they're worth reaching for.
Trading away a high pick for a QB, regardless of his talent, and putting him behind that offensive line, is a waste. He'll end up in the hospital in preseason.
Side note : Last backup QB I can think of that got traded for a high pick, and ended up being worth anything, was Favre (who was a 2nd round draft pick), when GB gave Atlanta a 1st ... And I think at that time, he hadn't played for Atlanta at all and not much was known about his NFL potential.
Unless it's a future 1st round pick, beyond 2017, no way. With 2 top 10 picks, the Browns can get 2 defensive studs, some combination of :
1. Garrett or Allen
and
2. Foster/Cunningham/Williams/Adams
Hell, seen some rumblings that project some of the QBs dropping to the 2nd round. So we know as much about the current draft eligible QBs as we do about Jimmy G. Nobody knows it's they're worth reaching for.
Trading away a high pick for a QB, regardless of his talent, and putting him behind that offensive line, is a waste. He'll end up in the hospital in preseason.
Side note : Last backup QB I can think of that got traded for a high pick, and ended up being worth anything, was Favre (who was a 2nd round draft pick), when GB gave Atlanta a 1st ... And I think at that time, he hadn't played for Atlanta at all and not much was known about his NFL potential.
I saw Favre play a few games in college.. I knew then he was gonna be a star... And I do believe he played a handful of games for Atlanta before being traded.
-
Unless it's a future 1st round pick, beyond 2017, no way. With 2 top 10 picks, the Browns can get 2 defensive studs, some combination of :
1. Garrett or Allen
and
2. Foster/Cunningham/Williams/Adams
Hell, seen some rumblings that project some of the QBs dropping to the 2nd round. So we know as much about the current draft eligible QBs as we do about Jimmy G. Nobody knows it's they're worth reaching for.
Trading away a high pick for a QB, regardless of his talent, and putting him behind that offensive line, is a waste. He'll end up in the hospital in preseason.
Side note : Last backup QB I can think of that got traded for a high pick, and ended up being worth anything, was Favre (who was a 2nd round draft pick), when GB gave Atlanta a 1st ... And I think at that time, he hadn't played for Atlanta at all and not much was known about his NFL potential.
Side note : Last backup QB I can think of that got traded for a high pick, and ended up being worth anything, was Favre (who was a 2nd round draft pick), when GB gave Atlanta a 1st ... And I think at that time, he hadn't played for Atlanta at all and not much was known about his NFL potential.
Trent Green acquired by the Chiefs for the 12th overall pick from the Rams. Started 88 consecutive games for them, two playoff seasons, 3 4,000yard seasons, two Pro Bowls
Mark Brunell for a 3rd and 5th (3 pro Bowls, 3 playoffs)
Alex Smith for a 2nd and 2nd (Pro bowl, 4 consecutive winning years)
Matt Hasslebeck for moving up 7 spots in the first and a third. (super bowl, 3 pro bowls)
Brad Johnson for a first and a third (super bowl, two pro bowls)
Not Hall of Famers, but a collective 11 Pro Bowls and two Super Bowl appearances since the last time we had any stability at all at the position.
We need a starting QB and we have a shitload of draft picks. I hope we don't sit back and watch other teams land starters while we dick around with reclamation projects and middle round reaches.
Garappolo will be starting for someone next year. I don't know if that team will be fools or kings, but if we throw Grif and Kess back out there then we are not really trying.
If Trubisky is a great as some seem to think, then I'm all in on that too.
My model for this team, and perhaps our Brass' too, is the 1989 Cowboys. Coming off a 3-13 team under Landry, Jimmy Johnson cut bait with all the vets and went young, young, young and got a treasure trove of draft picks
The result?
1-15
7-9
11-5 Playoffs
13-3 Super Bowl
But now, Jimmy didn't fuck around at the QB position when he took over. He drafted Aikman first overall and then, just to be sure, drafted Steve Walsh with a first round supplemental pick the same year.
Two first round picks to make sure he got the position right ... and you fuckers are afraid to spend one on the position.
I don't know if there is an Aikman in the draft, I don't know if Jimmy Garapollo is a 10 year Pro Bowl type guy ... but we need to stop fucking around at the most important position in sports. We've brought in about 30 losers while the other three teams in the division trot out the same quarterback and the same coach every freaking year and never draft in the Top 10 ... because they got it right.
Now get it right. Like Trub? draft him. Like Jimmy G? trade for him. Fuck, go ahead trade for Jimmy, draft Mahomo and bring Kessler back too.
But if we are still fucking around with RG3 and Kessler in year two of the plan ... then it's not really a plan.
It doesn't take five fucking years to get good in this league, it can be done in two ... But you gotta get the coach and the QB right. So this coach better get cast a big ol' line in the QB pool this year, because no one has more draft collateral, and no one needs a QB more.
Zombo
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login