Skip to content

Jimmy says.....

The Browns Board
65 23 2.4k
  • Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

  • @mudfly said:

    Then he said they will work work work to get it right.....

    I'll bet they're also working on raising the 2017 ticket prices.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I'll bet they're also working on raising the 2017 ticket prices.

    Nah, after 1-15 no way they can raise prices. Expect a humongous jump after the first winning season though.

  • Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

    @mark-o said:

    Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

    agents overvalue and teams undervalue, what is a #1 WR that gets 1000 yrds worth?

  • Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

    @mark-o said:

    Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really?

    Id say they were at least 2 wins better.....and if we believe the "fire everybody" crowd from last year...possible several games better than that...(7 the year before).....

    My beef, all along, hasnt been that we shoulda kept them....it's been that we shoulda replaced them.....big difference.....

    Simply cutting players then inserting their backups(you know, the guys who couldnt beat them out to begin with?) isnt a good plan for success......

  • Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

    @mark-o said:

    Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

    Re: those FAs, I'd say good for about two more wins. 🙂 If this was a total youth movement, mission accomplished.

  • @mudfly said:

    Then he said they will work work work to get it right.....

    I'll bet they're also working on raising the 2017 ticket prices.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I'll bet they're also working on raising the 2017 ticket prices.

    I can't imagine anyone would be thrilled about any increase in prices after a 1-15 season, 1-7 at home.

    Who do they think they are the Indians? (I understand Tribe ticket packages are doing well.)

  • @mark-o said:

    Only part where I disagree with you is last years free agents. The team only won 3 games with those guys on the team so how good were they really? I'm willing to keep an open mind and wait and see what happens. 4 picks in the top 50, a bazillion dollars under the cap. There are a lot of oportunties to make this team a whole lot better next year.

    Pryor has said before he wants to stay with Hue so hopefully that is the case.

    Re: those FAs, I'd say good for about two more wins. 🙂 If this was a total youth movement, mission accomplished.

    @hoorta said:

    Re: those FAs, I'd say good for about two more wins. 🙂 If this was a total youth movement, mission accomplished.

    Well..if you're using the baseball plan. If you aren't winning, you need to be losing and acquiring young talent and draft picks. That plan works in baseball, we will see if it works in football. Hopefully 4 picks in the top 50 turns into the impact players that it should.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'll bet they're also working on raising the 2017 ticket prices.

    I can't imagine anyone would be thrilled about any increase in prices after a 1-15 season, 1-7 at home.

    Who do they think they are the Indians? (I understand Tribe ticket packages are doing well.)

    @mjp28 said:

    I can't imagine anyone would be thrilled about....a 1-15 season, 1-7 at home.

    Yet....some are......

  • @mudfly said:

    Ok....so Jimmah spoke yesterday....declared the season as a disappointment(IE..not the plan).....and went on to say that they have confidence that the crew that didnt succeed this year will succeed next year......HA!

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Haslam-%E2%80%98We%E2%80%99ve-got-the-right-people-in-place%E2%80%99-to-move-past-%E2%80%98unacceptable%E2%80%99-season-/3e85cc20-65e1-48da-b540-a077f0db7d83

    He pointed to 3 steps we need to take for success.....let's review them, shall we....????

    — Jimmy Haslam on keys to the future-

    No. 1, we’ve got to re-sign our key players.

    Ok.....really????......so, after the debacle that was FA 2016, we will suddenly start to value our own and we have done the things needed to get players to stay?.....Ill believe it when I see it.....

    Sign Bito, Collins, Pryor and Kirksey for a good start.......

    As time passes we all tend to forget that none of the FA's that left wanted to be a part of this shit show, can't put that on them. Don't bring up Schwartz, he fucked up thinking he was better than he is and lost a gamble. By the way where did he go? Now how do we keep Collins and Pryor both? Franchise or overpay?

    @topdawg31 said:

    As time passes we all tend to forget that none of the FA's that left wanted to be a part of this shit show, can't put that on them. Don't bring up Schwartz, he fucked up thinking he was better than he is and lost a gamble. By the way where did he go?

    Schwartz went to Kansas City, where he is now playing for the number 2 seed in the AFC. He lost for sure, bigly.

  • Gabe and Mack are sittin pretty too......and are credited with being a big part of Atlantas success this year....

    Anyone else notice that Gabe is tied with Julio Jones as the top TD producer on that playoff team?....(twice as many as Coleman, in a back up role.... btw)

  • Gabe and Mack are sittin pretty too......and are credited with being a big part of Atlantas success this year....

    Anyone else notice that Gabe is tied with Julio Jones as the top TD producer on that playoff team?....(twice as many as Coleman, in a back up role.... btw)

    @mudfly said:

    Gabe and Mack are sittin pretty too......and are credited with being a big part of Atlantas success this year....

    Anyone else notice that Gabe is tied with Julio Jones as the top TD producer on that playoff team?....(twice as many as Coleman, in a back up role.... btw)

    I'm not going to lose sleep over Gabriel - he's in a system that suits him with an MVP candidate QB and one of the best wideouts in the league to draw coverage. I'm guessing Coleman would do just fine in that spot also.

    Mack, it sucks we couldn't keep him but I get being tired of the losing, and he had no intention of sticking around, so I'm not pinning that on Sashi and Co. either. Schwartz though...we created that void ourselves.

  • well....somewhere in this thread, the point was these guys all sucked and our team sucked when they were here.....so no loss

    But my point(and yours too) would be that these guys maybe werent the reasons we sucked.....and maybe we let some good ones go in the purge.....and these guys, who we thought were shit, are producing for far better teams....that got even better with them.....while we got worse without them....

    So....again....they're gone.....but the choices the FO is making are not standing the test of time.....Im sure we have many players who would be better on better teams(ala your point with Gabe).....so do we keep letting them go because we arent good yet?....

    The FO needs to be able to recognize talent when it's here....not when it flourishes elsewhere....lest we repeat the cycle....

  • Ok....so Jimmah spoke yesterday....declared the season as a disappointment(IE..not the plan).....and went on to say that they have confidence that the crew that didnt succeed this year will succeed next year......HA!

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Haslam-%E2%80%98We%E2%80%99ve-got-the-right-people-in-place%E2%80%99-to-move-past-%E2%80%98unacceptable%E2%80%99-season-/3e85cc20-65e1-48da-b540-a077f0db7d83

    He pointed to 3 steps we need to take for success.....let's review them, shall we....????

    — Jimmy Haslam on keys to the future-

    No. 1, we’ve got to re-sign our key players.

    Ok.....really????......so, after the debacle that was FA 2016, we will suddenly start to value our own and we have done the things needed to get players to stay?.....Ill believe it when I see it.....

    Sign Bito, Collins, Pryor and Kirksey for a good start.......

    No. 2, we’ve got to be appropriately aggressive in free agency.

    Ok....really(again)?......what does appropriately mean?.....cause signing one crappy washed up QB and a nobody linebacker aint gonna get it......How about signing some player who will fill holes in the team, instead of replacing big paychecks with little ones.....

    and No. 3, we’ve got to have a great draft......

    Hahahaha....no shit sherlock.....year 2, here we go.......on the edge of my seat, as I expect Shashi(and his group) to suddenly go from clueless to above average instantly......

    Honestly......it's gonna take SEVERAL great drafts to get this team to elite and, right now, there is zero indication that we have the people in place to make that happen.....

    In Jimmys defense....he stood up there like a man and took the hits.....admitted he sucks as an owner.....admitted they keep making bad choices.....admitted this season was a failure.....admitted they are bad custodians of this once great franchise......etc etc etc.....

    Then he said they will work work work to get it right.....

    Somehow, Im not convinced......

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....so Jimmah spoke yesterday....declared the season as a disappointment(IE..not the plan).....and went on to say that they have confidence that the crew that didnt succeed this year will succeed next year......HA!

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Haslam-%E2%80%98We%E2%80%99ve-got-the-right-people-in-place%E2%80%99-to-move-past-%E2%80%98unacceptable%E2%80%99-season-/3e85cc20-65e1-48da-b540-a077f0db7d83

    He pointed to 3 steps we need to take for success.....let's review them, shall we....????

    — Jimmy Haslam on keys to the future-

    No. 1, we’ve got to re-sign our key players.

    Ok.....really????......so, after the debacle that was FA 2016, we will suddenly start to value our own and we have done the things needed to get players to stay?.....Ill believe it when I see it.....

    Really.....if we had just kept Mitchell Schwartz I think this team would have been much better off.

    Sign Bito, Collins, Pryor and Kirksey for a good start.......

    No. 2, we’ve got to be appropriately aggressive in free agency.

    Ok....really(again)?......what does appropriately mean?.....cause signing one crappy washed up QB and a nobody linebacker aint gonna get it......How about signing some player who will fill holes in the team, instead of replacing big paychecks with little ones.....

    LIke a young, veteran quality OL...and maybe a DB or two.

    and No. 3, we’ve got to have a great draft......

    Hahahaha....no shit sherlock.....year 2, here we go.......on the edge of my seat, as I expect Shashi(and his group) to suddenly go from clueless to above average instantly......

    Honestly......it's gonna take SEVERAL great drafts to get this team to elite and, right now, there is zero indication that we have the people in place to make that happen.....

    In Jimmys defense....he stood up there like a man and took the hits.....admitted he sucks as an owner.....admitted they keep making bad choices.....admitted this season was a failure.....admitted they are bad custodians of this once great franchise......etc etc etc.....

    Then he said they will work work work to get it right.....

    Somehow, Im not convinced......

  • @mudfly said:

    Gabe and Mack are sittin pretty too......and are credited with being a big part of Atlantas success this year....

    Anyone else notice that Gabe is tied with Julio Jones as the top TD producer on that playoff team?....(twice as many as Coleman, in a back up role.... btw)

    I'm not going to lose sleep over Gabriel - he's in a system that suits him with an MVP candidate QB and one of the best wideouts in the league to draw coverage. I'm guessing Coleman would do just fine in that spot also.

    Mack, it sucks we couldn't keep him but I get being tired of the losing, and he had no intention of sticking around, so I'm not pinning that on Sashi and Co. either. Schwartz though...we created that void ourselves.

    @gftchris said:

    I'm not going to lose sleep over Gabriel - he's in a system that suits him with an MVP candidate QB and one of the best wideouts in the league to draw coverage. I'm guessing Coleman would do just fine in that spot also.

    So.....Gabe, as a Browns Rookie(with shit for a QB) had 36 catches for 621 yds...and as a Falcon has 35 catches for 529.....

    and you want to say thats because he has Matt Ryan?......why was he able to do that with Hoyer, Manziel and Austin at QB then?

    Coleman wouldnt be any better elsewhere......truly good players show up, no matter what team they're on.....

  • @topdawg31 said:

    As time passes we all tend to forget that none of the FA's that left wanted to be a part of this shit show, can't put that on them. Don't bring up Schwartz, he fucked up thinking he was better than he is and lost a gamble. By the way where did he go?

    Schwartz went to Kansas City, where he is now playing for the number 2 seed in the AFC. He lost for sure, bigly.

    @gftchris said:

    Schwartz went to Kansas City, where he is now playing for the number 2 seed in the AFC. He lost for sure, bigly.

    he didn't get near the money he thought he was worth is my point.

  • I think the only guy they didn't recognise was Gabe, and even that wasn't exactly clear cut. And let's be honest here, we didn't cut antonio brown or indeed julio, or beckham, we didn't cut a pro-bowl guy, we cut a guy.

    How are you feeling about keeping Crowell? Because suppose he gets lost in the shuffle this offseason, and then goes elsewhere and has another ~1000 yard season with 7 TDs. I'd be more upset to see that happen.

  • I think the only guy they didn't recognise was Gabe, and even that wasn't exactly clear cut. And let's be honest here, we didn't cut antonio brown or indeed julio, or beckham, we didn't cut a pro-bowl guy, we cut a guy.

    How are you feeling about keeping Crowell? Because suppose he gets lost in the shuffle this offseason, and then goes elsewhere and has another ~1000 yard season with 7 TDs. I'd be more upset to see that happen.

    @gftchris said:

    How are you feeling about keeping Crowell? Because suppose he gets lost in the shuffle this offseason, and then goes elsewhere and has another ~1000 yard season with 7 TDs. I'd be more upset to see that happen.

    Crow has 800+ on a shit team that abandons the run frequently. A good line and a good QB and I bet he makes the pro bowl.

  • I think the only guy they didn't recognise was Gabe, and even that wasn't exactly clear cut. And let's be honest here, we didn't cut antonio brown or indeed julio, or beckham, we didn't cut a pro-bowl guy, we cut a guy.

    How are you feeling about keeping Crowell? Because suppose he gets lost in the shuffle this offseason, and then goes elsewhere and has another ~1000 yard season with 7 TDs. I'd be more upset to see that happen.

    @gftchris said:

    I think the only guy they didn't recognise was Gabe, and even that wasn't exactly clear cut. And let's be honest here, we didn't cut antonio brown or indeed julio, or beckham, we didn't cut a pro-bowl guy, we cut a guy.

    How are you feeling about keeping Crowell? Because suppose he gets lost in the shuffle this offseason, and then goes elsewhere and has another ~1000 yard season with 7 TDs. I'd be more upset to see that happen.

    Eh....it was pretty clear cut to me.....none the less, Ill try to move on....

    And yeah....Id be pretty upset if they screw the pooch with Crow......this FO has a lot of catching up to do in the FA game....so he better get to work sealing up our existing home grown talent.......(and Shashi was supposed to be a contract expert....so lets see him execute a few good ones)

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'll bet they're also working on raising the 2017 ticket prices.

    I can't imagine anyone would be thrilled about any increase in prices after a 1-15 season, 1-7 at home.

    Who do they think they are the Indians? (I understand Tribe ticket packages are doing well.)

    @mjp28 said:

    I can't imagine anyone would be thrilled about any increase in prices after a 1-15 season, 1-7 at home.

    Who do they think they are the Indians? (I understand Tribe ticket packages are doing well.)

    I hear ya. Owners make most of their money from shared revenues off of the TV contracts so let's hope there isn't a big urgency to increase season ticket prices for a 1-15 product.

  • Sounds like 3 things we should have done last year...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Sounds like 3 things we should have done last year...

    WSS

    we should have been doing it all along.

    took him 3 years to learn 3 things.