Skip to content

What would you think of our top 3-4 picks going D

The Browns Board
146 26 4.6k
  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #1

    1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Fuck that, I've been waiting since Kosar left for a fucking QB, Pick one then go D with 1B and 2a then OL

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #3

    You want #1 overall to go QB? With this year's crop? I'm not sure I see value there.

  • 1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @frenchie said:

    1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    Funny, a dozen years ago or so on these forums, we touted drafting several Safeties and we had an old buzzard on here (Rich4Eagle) that use to proclaim that "Safeties are a dime a dozen". I wonder if he'd cringe still at the thought of drafting two within the first 33 picks?

    I like to refer to Safeties as "the Eraser" a good one can erase many mistakes in blown coverages and we've sure missed that over the years.

    I'm all for going all defense. Time to make the opposing teams pretty boy QB look like shit when they come to Cleveland, as opposed to the other way around.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I'm down.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Yes please. Garrett-Hooker-Jackson would make me a happy man.

  • 1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @frenchie said:

    1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

  • @frenchie said:

    1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    Ogbah is just as good as Barnett IF he has that great pass rusher on the other end. I'm still ok with that being either Allen or Garrett. Then find a way to get Foster @ #12 or, God forbid the Browns think outside the box, trade up to get him if need be.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    Ogbah is just as good as Barnett IF he has that great pass rusher on the other end. I'm still ok with that being either Allen or Garrett. Then find a way to get Foster @ #12 or, God forbid the Browns think outside the box, trade up to get him if need be.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ogbah is just as good as Barnett IF he has that great pass rusher on the other end. I'm still ok with that being either Allen or Garrett. Then find a way to get Foster @ #12 or, God forbid the Browns think outside the box, trade up to get him if need be.

    I think Foster is a slight luxury given the holes in the secondary, but I wouldn't be livid.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Ogbah is just as good as Barnett IF he has that great pass rusher on the other end. I'm still ok with that being either Allen or Garrett. Then find a way to get Foster @ #12 or, God forbid the Browns think outside the box, trade up to get him if need be.

    I think Foster is a slight luxury given the holes in the secondary, but I wouldn't be livid.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @gftchris said:

    I think Foster is a slight luxury given the holes in the secondary, but I wouldn't be livid.

    Understand. But I think our secondary vastly improves when QB's are running for their lives. Tired of seeing ours having to cover 5-7 seconds at a time. Nobody is that good.

  • @gftchris said:

    I think Foster is a slight luxury given the holes in the secondary, but I wouldn't be livid.

    Understand. But I think our secondary vastly improves when QB's are running for their lives. Tired of seeing ours having to cover 5-7 seconds at a time. Nobody is that good.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @texasag1969 said:

    Understand. But I think our secondary vastly improves when QB's are running for their lives. Tired of seeing ours having to cover 5-7 seconds at a time. Nobody is that good.

    True, but Foster isn't an edge rusher. He could be very good and like I say, I won't be upset, but it's not as big of an overall team upgrade as getting an equivalent calibre DB (particularly safety).

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Understand. But I think our secondary vastly improves when QB's are running for their lives. Tired of seeing ours having to cover 5-7 seconds at a time. Nobody is that good.

    True, but Foster isn't an edge rusher. He could be very good and like I say, I won't be upset, but it's not as big of an overall team upgrade as getting an equivalent calibre DB (particularly safety).

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @gftchris said:

    True, but Foster isn't an edge rusher. He could be very good and like I say, I won't be upset, but it's not as big of an overall team upgrade as getting an equivalent calibre DB (particularly safety).

    Some decent ones will still be there at pick #33 IMO.

  • @gftchris said:

    True, but Foster isn't an edge rusher. He could be very good and like I say, I won't be upset, but it's not as big of an overall team upgrade as getting an equivalent calibre DB (particularly safety).

    Some decent ones will still be there at pick #33 IMO.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @texasag1969 said:

    Some decent ones will still be there at pick #33 IMO.

    Some decent everything will still be there. Possibly even one of the 'top 3' QBs (as it stands). Certainly a pass rusher. But we're seriously lacking in star calibre in the secondary, while the front seven, if we keep collins and add garrett, has it in abundance. Garrett and Ogbah could be like Houston and Hali...

  • 1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @frenchie said:

    1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    While there is merit....and need...to go all out on defense, we still need that QB, plus at least one OL needs to be taken high.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    If D for the first three is the way our Board falls, then so be it.

    Personally Allen - Foster - Baker works better for me. Perfect front to back and inside out line up with virtually zero bust potential and a very, very high ceiling.

    That said... Baker lasting to #33 is problematic and King even later is a pipe dream.

    I can see Allen - Foster - Kizer - Maye (Florida FS) as a possible combo... albeit with bust potential introduced.

  • @frenchie said:

    1. OLB Myles Garrett

    2. S Jamal Adams

    33. FS Budda Baker

    and let's throw in:

    Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

    Thoughts?

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mark-o said:

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

    Yes. A UT Vol. Kid just broke Reggie Whites sack total for all-time sack leader at UT.

    When you start knocking Reggie White down a notch, you can't be a slouch.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    BPA

    ...hard to miss a hole on either side of the ball.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I'd love to see Foster fall to 12. My professional scouting report on him reads as such:

    Reuben Foster is good at fucking shit up.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #20

    @mark-o said:

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

    You don't want Barnett in the first round.

    Edit: as said above, Ogbah is fine where he is. You'd be drafting depth as your first pick. You need a premier edge rusher of interior force. Derek is neither of those.