Skip to content

Greg Williams Hired

The Browns Board
111 40 4.1k
  • Excellent news.

  • Brace yourselves

    The 4-3 is coming

  • Brace yourselves

    The 4-3 is coming

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Brace yourselves

    The 4-3 is coming

    So it's Garrett then. 😁

  • Seems like we drafted for the 4-3 last year. Ahead of the curve, finally?

    Z

  • Pardone' me for a moment... why is it Garrett if it's a 4-3 base? Allen can do both.

    I'm not sold on Garrett's intensity. Allen outshines him in that regard bigtime. Allen is

    a wrecking crew by himself - Garrett reminds me of Courtney Brown or Mingo.

    just my dumb opinion. But If I was picking, Allen is the guy I'm drafting. He plays violently,

    aggressively like Danny Shelton does - same kind of attitude. Not seeing that at all with

    Garrett. Allen's speed/quickness is amazing for his size.

  • Pardone' me for a moment... why is it Garrett if it's a 4-3 base? Allen can do both.

    I'm not sold on Garrett's intensity. Allen outshines him in that regard bigtime. Allen is

    a wrecking crew by himself - Garrett reminds me of Courtney Brown or Mingo.

    just my dumb opinion. But If I was picking, Allen is the guy I'm drafting. He plays violently,

    aggressively like Danny Shelton does - same kind of attitude. Not seeing that at all with

    Garrett. Allen's speed/quickness is amazing for his size.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Pardone' me for a moment... why is it Garrett if it's a 4-3 base? Allen can do both.

    I'm not sold on Garrett's intensity. Allen outshines him in that regard bigtime. Allen is

    a wrecking crew by himself - Garrett reminds me of Courtney Brown or Mingo.

    just my dumb opinion. But If I was picking, Allen is the guy I'm drafting. He plays violently,

    aggressively like Danny Shelton does - same kind of attitude. Not seeing that at all with

    Garrett. Allen's speed/quickness is amazing for his size.

    +1

    Draft football players, not combine warriors. Not negating Garrett's play, just alarming how Cam Robinson shut him down.

    If it were between the two though, this analytics driven front office will likely go with Garrett. Sashi and Co. are obsessed wth SPARQ scores on prospects. But so has Seattle the past few years, and their drafts have been pretty stellar.

    Also, I recall Gregg Williams saying he doesn't need the best athletes, he just needs "fucking football players". To me, Allen is more of a "fucking football player" than Garrett.

    We're going to hear a lot of the word fuck from our D.C. when we are on Hard Knocks this season.

    And lastly.. I still think we're going Trubisky #1 (if we don't get Garoppolo)

  • I'll give the first player to knock Big Ben out of the game a dollar three eighty.

  • Hey Zombo, or any other mods..

    Can we get an auto correct to turn Gregg Williams into The Hitman? It seems fitting.

    Great fucking hire

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Pardone' me for a moment... why is it Garrett if it's a 4-3 base? Allen can do both.

    I'm not sold on Garrett's intensity. Allen outshines him in that regard bigtime. Allen is

    a wrecking crew by himself - Garrett reminds me of Courtney Brown or Mingo.

    just my dumb opinion. But If I was picking, Allen is the guy I'm drafting. He plays violently,

    aggressively like Danny Shelton does - same kind of attitude. Not seeing that at all with

    Garrett. Allen's speed/quickness is amazing for his size.

    +1

    Draft football players, not combine warriors. Not negating Garrett's play, just alarming how Cam Robinson shut him down.

    If it were between the two though, this analytics driven front office will likely go with Garrett. Sashi and Co. are obsessed wth SPARQ scores on prospects. But so has Seattle the past few years, and their drafts have been pretty stellar.

    Also, I recall Gregg Williams saying he doesn't need the best athletes, he just needs "fucking football players". To me, Allen is more of a "fucking football player" than Garrett.

    We're going to hear a lot of the word fuck from our D.C. when we are on Hard Knocks this season.

    And lastly.. I still think we're going Trubisky #1 (if we don't get Garoppolo)

    Mitch2Pryor said:

    +1

    Draft football players, not combine warriors. Not negating Garrett's play, just alarming how Cam Robinson shut him down.

    If it were between the two though, this analytics driven front office will likely go with Garrett. Sashi and Co. are obsessed wth SPARQ scores on prospects. But so has Seattle the past few years, and their drafts have been pretty stellar.

    Also, I recall Gregg Williams saying he doesn't need the best athletes, he just needs "fucking football players". To me, Allen is more of a "fucking football player" than Garrett.

    We're going to hear a lot of the word fuck from our D.C. when we are on Hard Knocks this season.

    And lastly.. I still think we're going Trubisky #1 (if we don't get Garoppolo)

    I am all in on Gregg "I need Fucking Football Players" Williams! And +111 Cal! Allen if we go D @#1! Trubisky if we go O @$1 either way is AOK with me! GREAT FUCKING HIRE JIMMAH!!!

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • My god, i get to see the 4-3 again. But ok kids, this defense is sophisticated. Especially for the lb'ers and secondary. If it works right it competes with lebeaus blitzburg

  • My god, i get to see the 4-3 again. But ok kids, this defense is sophisticated. Especially for the lb'ers and secondary. If it works right it competes with lebeaus blitzburg

    @clevfan4life said:

    My god, i get to see the 4-3 again. But ok kids, this defense is sophisticated. Especially for the lb'ers and secondary. If it works right it competes with lebeaus blitzburg

    You've been watching it about 60-65% of our snaps this year.

  • Shelton stay?

  • @beare said:

    dude mike waufle is a fucking badass. I want him coaching our line.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    My god, i get to see the 4-3 again. But ok kids, this defense is sophisticated. Especially for the lb'ers and secondary. If it works right it competes with lebeaus blitzburg

    You've been watching it about 60-65% of our snaps this year.

    @tiamat63 said:

    You've been watching it about 60-65% of our snaps this year.

    Not sure if its that high % but in any case it always seemed like we woyld start in the 4-3 then gravitate toward the 3-4 as the game wore on. Reason peob being is that the 4-3 guys were rooks and we didnt have 4-3 DE subs. So the looks changed with the substitutions which always bothered me

    With williams our rotation wont change the base defense, which i like better

  • Shelton stay?

    @mld-woody said:

    Shelton stay?

    Ofc. Haloti is playing in detroits 4-3. He'll probably be more of a presence in the backfield under williams who i think single gaps his interior guys.

  • I'm going to call it right now that next year we have a top 10 defense in points allowed.

  • Connecting some dots here, I think Browns will go with Allen.

    - Jim Donovan reported on CBD that Sashi Brown and Co. scouted at Alabama game and they were blown away by Allen.

    - Rams with Williams drafted a DT in Aaron Donald in 2014, the same year and shortly after they hired Williams.

    - Browns have Nassib and Ogbah who can play as 4-3 DE, making Garrett less necessary.

    - Good possibility the Browns will get extended time with Allen coaching the south in senior bowl. Meaning they will get to know him better than Garrett.

    My guess is they lured Williams with the prospect of having the #1 pick go to defense and Williams will lure Waufle with the prospect of getting to coach Allen.

  • I'm going to call it right now that next year we have a top 10 defense in points allowed.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    I'm going to call it right now that next year we have a top 10 defense in points allowed.

    Until after 4 games we don't, and you call for Williams' firing, of course.

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    I'm going to call it right now that next year we have a top 10 defense in points allowed.

    Until after 4 games we don't, and you call for Williams' firing, of course.

    @wargograw said:

    Until after 4 games we don't, and you call for Williams' firing, of course.

    This haha.