Bama v Clemson
-
Terrific game...just amazing. Clemson never quit, and absorbed every punch Bama threw. Clemson ain't afraid to run that "pick play" every time they need a touchdown, LOL.
-
Except Watson's not a senior. I am impressed that he graduated in three years, which means he's no dummy. Ha- Trubisky is though- already graduated. can they put him on the roster at this late time?
Argggggg......
Double Argggggg. If those weren't flagrant pick plays, I don't know what one is.
#1? Watson didn't show me anything so spectacular to warrant moving up that far. Mike Williams bailed him out mucho plenty of times. If they have him rated as the top WR in the draft, I can see why. Shades of JF having Evans as his security blanket- just chuck it up in the same area code, and expect good things to happen. Alabama found out they couldn't cover him one on one- that freed up the other wrs for single coverage. And as Ag pointed out, uncalled pick plays. One of Clemson's TDs was directly attributable to Williams- the 'Bama defender knew he was beat, so he had to grab him, putting the ball on the 2 yard line.
Had to look- Watson's completion % in that game was marginally higher than Trubiski's against Stanford. 63% as opposed to 60% But Mitch's wrs were dropping passes left and right that hit them in the numbers.
Z, there were plenty of off target passes, as well as the nice ones. I also saw Deshawn took helicopter lessons from our pal McCown. OK, impressed he was able to get back up after some of the shots Alabama put on him. Take away his running ability, and he's a very average prospect. I stand by my earlier assessment- he's another RG III some team is going to fall in love with because of his athleticism.
Yes but Phil Sewage has extended an invite to him. Been in local press since it was announced that our 1-15 HC will be running the South team. Some sort of technicality allows Watson to play
Except Watson's not a senior. I am impressed that he graduated in three years, which means he's no dummy. Ha- Trubisky is though- already graduated. can they put him on the roster at this late time?
Argggggg......
Double Argggggg. If those weren't flagrant pick plays, I don't know what one is.
#1? Watson didn't show me anything so spectacular to warrant moving up that far. Mike Williams bailed him out mucho plenty of times. If they have him rated as the top WR in the draft, I can see why. Shades of JF having Evans as his security blanket- just chuck it up in the same area code, and expect good things to happen. Alabama found out they couldn't cover him one on one- that freed up the other wrs for single coverage. And as Ag pointed out, uncalled pick plays. One of Clemson's TDs was directly attributable to Williams- the 'Bama defender knew he was beat, so he had to grab him, putting the ball on the 2 yard line.
Had to look- Watson's completion % in that game was marginally higher than Trubiski's against Stanford. 63% as opposed to 60% But Mitch's wrs were dropping passes left and right that hit them in the numbers.
Z, there were plenty of off target passes, as well as the nice ones. I also saw Deshawn took helicopter lessons from our pal McCown. OK, impressed he was able to get back up after some of the shots Alabama put on him. Take away his running ability, and he's a very average prospect. I stand by my earlier assessment- he's another RG III some team is going to fall in love with because of his athleticism.
Yes but Phil Sewage has extended an invite to him. Been in local press since it was announced that our 1-15 HC will be running the South team. Some sort of technicality allows Watson to play
They changed the rule last year to allow 4 year juniors who have graduated to take part in the senior bowl. Even though Watson has only played 3 years, I believe they are relaxing the rules further to allow 3 year junior graduates to play. I don't see them ever letting 3 year sophmores play though. I don't think they want to encourage rs sophmores to leave for the draft early.
-
Man, the thing about Watson that you gotta love is the intangible of showing up big when the stakes are the biggest. The guy balled out in both championship games.
-
Nice win by Clemson. I was rooting for them to pull it out.
-
Big 12 referees suck-that was a terrible no call on the pick to free the wr
Big 12 referees suck-that was a terrible no call on the pick to free the wr
That's a Steelers staple, they've run that play for years. The key is the picker, all discreet. Not too many refs ever call it, unless it's run by Cle, Detroit, Oakland, or Buffalo.
-
Amazing analysis, Hoorta. Two years, two BCS bowl games against Bama's top defense, puts up over 450 yards of offense in both national title games. You gotta give him a better than "average" rating and "shades of JF". He's going to go top 5 ... probably top 3 ... and maybe #1
Amazing analysis, Hoorta. Two years, two BCS bowl games against Bama's top defense, puts up over 450 yards of offense in both national title games. You gotta give him a better than "average" rating and "shades of JF". He's going to go top 5 ... probably top 3 ... and maybe #1
If the Browns draft him, I'll puke.
-
Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.
-
Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.
-
Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen.

Lol yep. There's some irony here.
-
Allen def looked like he had a serious case of bositis yesterday
-
OK, for those of you who watched the game. I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?
From the snippet I saw, the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.
But what about the various other players?
Give your scouting reports.
-
i think last night just answered the question of whether a college team can beat a pro team.
-
i think last night just answered the question of whether a college team can beat a pro team.
i think last night just answered the question of whether a college team can beat a pro team.
I think we already knew that answer.
Zombo
-
I'll add another guy who won't get the fanfare but really intrigued me as a late round pick: Ben Boulware. I was pretty impressed by how much he was called upon to shift defensive players and basically run that defense (pretty well IMO too). There's obvious physical limitations there but he seems to be a guy who could end up being a 7th round or FA pickup.
On top of that, his postgame speech was awesome. The guy clearly has a passion for the game too and showed leadership qualities.
-
Zombo said:
He's a heck of a football player.
And a pretty accurate passer.
Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.
Z
Watson reminds me of McNabb, but more consistent (game-to-game) ... and skinnier. I think he has the same potential in the NFL.
-
Being doubled by a center and guard vs chipped by a back or TE?Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen.

I'd say there is a difference.
Edit; I didn't see 3/4 of the game but Bama tried some double eagle looks that just didn't work.
Really did a disservice to Allen allowing the Oline to reach him that easily with double teams.
-
Well yeah, you're going to get different guys on the double team when you play different positions, and are 30 lbs lighter.
-
Zombo said:
He's a heck of a football player.
And a pretty accurate passer.
Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.
Z
Watson reminds me of McNabb, but more consistent (game-to-game) ... and skinnier. I think he has the same potential in the NFL.
-
OK, for those of you who watched the game. I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?
From the snippet I saw, the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.
But what about the various other players?
Give your scouting reports.
I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?
the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.
But what about the various other players?
Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..
-
I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?
the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.
But what about the various other players?
Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..
Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..
Might want to throw in Ryan Anderson in there.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login