Skip to content

Bama v Clemson

The Browns Board
74 31 2.7k
  • Man, the thing about Watson that you gotta love is the intangible of showing up big when the stakes are the biggest. The guy balled out in both championship games.

  • Nice win by Clemson. I was rooting for them to pull it out.

  • Big 12 referees suck-that was a terrible no call on the pick to free the wr

    @texasag1969 said:

    Big 12 referees suck-that was a terrible no call on the pick to free the wr

    That's a Steelers staple, they've run that play for years. The key is the picker, all discreet. Not too many refs ever call it, unless it's run by Cle, Detroit, Oakland, or Buffalo.

  • Amazing analysis, Hoorta. Two years, two BCS bowl games against Bama's top defense, puts up over 450 yards of offense in both national title games. You gotta give him a better than "average" rating and "shades of JF". He's going to go top 5 ... probably top 3 ... and maybe #1

    @frenchie said:

    Amazing analysis, Hoorta. Two years, two BCS bowl games against Bama's top defense, puts up over 450 yards of offense in both national title games. You gotta give him a better than "average" rating and "shades of JF". He's going to go top 5 ... probably top 3 ... and maybe #1

    If the Browns draft him, I'll puke.

  • Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.

  • Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.

    Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen. 😆

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.

    Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen. 😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen. 😆

    Lol yep. There's some irony here.

  • Allen def looked like he had a serious case of bositis yesterday

  • OK, for those of you who watched the game. I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

    From the snippet I saw, the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

    But what about the various other players?

    Give your scouting reports.

  • i think last night just answered the question of whether a college team can beat a pro team.

  • i think last night just answered the question of whether a college team can beat a pro team.

    @orangenotbrown said:

    i think last night just answered the question of whether a college team can beat a pro team.

    I think we already knew that answer.

    Zombo

  • I'll add another guy who won't get the fanfare but really intrigued me as a late round pick: Ben Boulware. I was pretty impressed by how much he was called upon to shift defensive players and basically run that defense (pretty well IMO too). There's obvious physical limitations there but he seems to be a guy who could end up being a 7th round or FA pickup.

    On top of that, his postgame speech was awesome. The guy clearly has a passion for the game too and showed leadership qualities.

  • @frenchie said:

    I agree. Maybe all the way to #1.

    He's a heck of a football player.

    And a pretty accurate passer.

    Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    He's a heck of a football player.

    And a pretty accurate passer.

    Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.

    Z

    Watson reminds me of McNabb, but more consistent (game-to-game) ... and skinnier. I think he has the same potential in the NFL.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Watched Allen soak up several double teams last night that he should not have been tasked with taking.

    Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen. 😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Welcome to the world of Myles Garrett Mr. Allen. 😆

    Being doubled by a center and guard vs chipped by a back or TE?

    I'd say there is a difference.

    Edit; I didn't see 3/4 of the game but Bama tried some double eagle looks that just didn't work.

    Really did a disservice to Allen allowing the Oline to reach him that easily with double teams.

  • Well yeah, you're going to get different guys on the double team when you play different positions, and are 30 lbs lighter.

  • Zombo said:

    He's a heck of a football player.

    And a pretty accurate passer.

    Just feels like he's gonna to be average NFL QB, not a great one ... But we've all been wrong about these guys before.

    Z

    Watson reminds me of McNabb, but more consistent (game-to-game) ... and skinnier. I think he has the same potential in the NFL.

    @atenears said:

    Watson reminds me of McNabb, but more consistent (game-to-game) ... and skinnier. I think he has the same potential in the NFL.

    Donovan F. Mcnabb is a borderline Hall of Famer, pretty consistent

  • OK, for those of you who watched the game. I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

    From the snippet I saw, the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

    But what about the various other players?

    Give your scouting reports.

    @the-gipper said:

    I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

    the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

    But what about the various other players?

    Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..

  • @the-gipper said:

    I only saw snippets of it. How did the pro prospects on these two teams perform in this game?

    the one guy that impressed was WR Mike Williams. He made a couple of great catches late in the game.

    But what about the various other players?

    Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..

    @gumby73 said:

    Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..

    Might want to throw in Ryan Anderson in there.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Ranking from CBS, but I thought Watson(19),Reuben Foster(16) & Mike Williams(17) stole the show. Stock should rise...Allen(1)(may fall behind Garrett),CB Humphery(7)(confused on any picks/switches),OT Robinson(9)(may struggle in pass pro) & (14)LB Tim Williams may slide down a few to make room..A Great Hard Hitting Game..

    Might want to throw in Ryan Anderson in there.

    @richiswhere said:

    Might want to throw in Ryan Anderson in there.

    (#62 overall) OLB..He's no sleeper anymore either..Great call

  • I'll add another guy who won't get the fanfare but really intrigued me as a late round pick: Ben Boulware. I was pretty impressed by how much he was called upon to shift defensive players and basically run that defense (pretty well IMO too). There's obvious physical limitations there but he seems to be a guy who could end up being a 7th round or FA pickup.

    On top of that, his postgame speech was awesome. The guy clearly has a passion for the game too and showed leadership qualities.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'll add another guy who won't get the fanfare but really intrigued me as a late round pick: Ben Boulware. I was pretty impressed by how much he was called upon to shift defensive players and basically run that defense (pretty well IMO too). There's obvious physical limitations there but he seems to be a guy who could end up being a 7th round or FA pickup.

    On top of that, his postgame speech was awesome. The guy clearly has a passion for the game too and showed leadership qualities.

    The only physical limitation is his height. For a MLB'er not so important. Zach Thomas was his height and was one of the best LB'ers. I'd take Boulware in a heartbeat. Dude is low and strong like a bull, gets to the point fast too. Dude was reading bama's plays like they were posted on the screen.