Skip to content

Mock Draft Central

The Browns Board
222 30 7.0k
  • Well that's not good...

    Here's what I came up with anyways...

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Desmond King, CB/CB, Iowa ( 😎

    Round 2 Pick 20: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (B+)

    Round 3 Pick 1: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (A)

    Round 3 Pick 39: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 36: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OG, Texas A&M (B-)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 34: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (B-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2019 Round 1 Pick

    I know, 2 FBs right?

  • Excellent draft as usual, PoG.

  • "I'll give the credit to (South defensive coordinator) Gregg Williams, and the way he coached us this week and the mentality he instilled in us," South team defensive end Jordan Willis of Kansas State said. "I think everybody accepted his coaching style and ran with it, and that's why we played the way we played."

    So Jackson and Williams get their first victory of the year! That's a good sign. Here's a quote from Jordan Willis on Williams' coaching mentality, hope it carries over to the Browns as well.

  • It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    Heard that with the Sr. Bowl win Hue's 2017 win total now equals his 2016's...

    Funny enough that I chuckled as I winced...

    @wargograw said:

    It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    Absolutely, but bear in mind it's only a reasonable opening bid per the most generous chart when trading down. Once word of CAR being open to move the pick gets out, the price will rise.

    @poeticg said:

    Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Obviously based upon projections of awards that come out of a very complicated calculation that the NFL for some reason keeps secret.

    @flugel said:

    We already traded away the second 3rd rounder to NE for Jamie Collins and one of the 5th rounders for another trade we made so make sure you are aware of this. Otherwise, you'll be adding 2 guys in places other NFL teams will be selecting.

    Which I think the game is already reflecting since it only lists a single R3 comp and almost every projections has us receiving two.

    Oddly though it does not credit the Pats with the one they are due from us.

  • Heard that with the Sr. Bowl win Hue's 2017 win total now equals his 2016's...

    Funny enough that I chuckled as I winced...

    @wargograw said:

    It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    Absolutely, but bear in mind it's only a reasonable opening bid per the most generous chart when trading down. Once word of CAR being open to move the pick gets out, the price will rise.

    @poeticg said:

    Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Obviously based upon projections of awards that come out of a very complicated calculation that the NFL for some reason keeps secret.

    @flugel said:

    We already traded away the second 3rd rounder to NE for Jamie Collins and one of the 5th rounders for another trade we made so make sure you are aware of this. Otherwise, you'll be adding 2 guys in places other NFL teams will be selecting.

    Which I think the game is already reflecting since it only lists a single R3 comp and almost every projections has us receiving two.

    Oddly though it does not credit the Pats with the one they are due from us.

    @tour2ma said:

    Heard that with the Sr. Bowl win Hue's 2017 win total now equals his 2016's...

    He has won two out three with the only loss in OT. Only Belichick and Quinn have more steam.

    Zombo

  • lol...

  • I decided to give the Fanspeak simulator a try and this is what I got. In my opinion it fills most of our needs and adds a lot of players who could be contributors from Day 1

    Round 1, Pick 1-Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M

    Round 1, Pick 12-Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

    Round 2, Pick 1-Desmond King, CB, Iowa

    Round 2, Pick 20-DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

    Round 3, Pick 1-Pat Elflein, OG, Ohio State

    Round 4, Pick 1-Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

    Round 4, Pick 36-Isaac Rochell, DT, Notre Dame

    Round 5, Pick 1-Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

    Round 5, Pick 31-Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut

    Round 5, Pick 36-Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina

    Round 6, Pick 1-Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon

  • King is said to be a fs in the pros, kizer isn't the qb I would draft anywhere, Zay and Obi

    will be long gone, in the third? round maybe...

    nah. Don't need a late DL, need a cb and a fs. It's just tough to do a mock this year,

    much less this early.

  • Not enough offensive linemen

  • I really am interested in Obi, though.

  • Kizer will be gone by then I bet

  • don't be starting new draft threads all over the place. Mock draft central please.

  • Don't think this one's been posted yet, but I'm quite happy with it (in part because I'm getting ready to board the Mahomes train)

    http://nflmocks.com/2017/01/29/cleveland-browns-3-round-mock-draft/

    1. Garrett

    2. Lattimore CB - OSU

    3. McDowell DT - Michigan State

    4. Mahomes QB - Texas Tech

    5. Baker FS - Washington

    It fits with my opinion that we're only a QB away on offense but not to use a top top pick on one, and fills a lot of holes with instant starters on D, seriously upgrades the secondary and DL.

  • If we draft Mahomes in the second round, who would you want starting the season at QB? It'd be awesome if Mahomes grabbed the position early with superior play, but that's pretty rare. Assuming Mahomes needs time to develop, what do you see our starting QB situation looking like? Kessler? RG III? Possibly Tyrod Taylor?

    Here's where I think I am with our QB debacle (at least for today, LOL). I either want one of the top three candidates, or I want Jimmy Garappolo and/or Tyrod Taylor. I wouldn't mind seeing RG III, as he isn't that expensive, and I feel his injury to begin the season was a fluke and horrible luck. I'd also be on board trading for Garopplo and NOT drafting a QB at all.

  • I like how you think chris.

  • 1. Garrett


    2. Lattimore CB - OSU


    3. McDowell DT - Michigan State


    4. Mahomes QB - Texas Tech


    5. Baker FS - Washington


    *************************************


    That's pretty good, Chris, except the McDowell pick. The kid doesn't


    love football - imho, seems he is very talented, but attitude makes him


    seriously polarizing. He's dropping down draft boards.


    I'm coming around to Garrett - I have doubts about how stalwart he is


    vs the run... I tend to lean towards Allen, He is a trainwreck to offenses - not


    a very fast qb getter.


    Personally, I would love to find a terrific lb, or OT to add at the top of the second.


  • lol in my dream last night we took Marlon Humphreys #1 hahaha

    Then we took Mike Williams at 12

    How pissed would you guys be if that actually happened?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.

    And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".

    There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.

    @goozer said:

    There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.

    Not sure what you don't get. You need a player at a position. There is a quality player out there that position worthy of being taken. You don't take him, ergo, you have reached for that other player....even if he is equally or even higher rated.

  • 1: R1P1

    EDGE MYLES GARRETT

    TEXAS A&M

    12: R1P12

    LB REUBEN FOSTER

    ALABAMA

    33: R2P1

    TE O.J. HOWARD

    ALABAMA

    52: R2P20

    S EDDIE JACKSON

    ALABAMA

    65: R3P1

    CB JOURDAN LEWIS

    MICHIGAN

    106: R4P1

    C ETHAN POCIC

    LSU

    141: R4P36

    WR MALACHI DUPRE

    LSU

    146: R5P1

    DL TANOH KPASSAGNON

    VILLANOVA

    176: R5P31

    QB BRADY GUSTAFSON

    MONTANA

    180: R5P35

    RB COREY CLEMENT

    WISCONSIN

    186: R6P1

    WR SPEEDY NOIL

    TEXAS A&M

  • If we draft Mahomes in the second round, who would you want starting the season at QB? It'd be awesome if Mahomes grabbed the position early with superior play, but that's pretty rare. Assuming Mahomes needs time to develop, what do you see our starting QB situation looking like? Kessler? RG III? Possibly Tyrod Taylor?

    Here's where I think I am with our QB debacle (at least for today, LOL). I either want one of the top three candidates, or I want Jimmy Garappolo and/or Tyrod Taylor. I wouldn't mind seeing RG III, as he isn't that expensive, and I feel his injury to begin the season was a fluke and horrible luck. I'd also be on board trading for Garopplo and NOT drafting a QB at all.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    If we draft Mahomes in the second round, who would you want starting the season at QB? It'd be awesome if Mahomes grabbed the position early with superior play, but that's pretty rare. Assuming Mahomes needs time to develop, what do you see our starting QB situation looking like? Kessler? RG III? Possibly Tyrod Taylor?

    Here's where I think I am with our QB debacle (at least for today, LOL). I either want one of the top three candidates, or I want Jimmy Garappolo and/or Tyrod Taylor. I wouldn't mind seeing RG III, as he isn't that expensive, and I feel his injury to begin the season was a fluke and horrible luck. I'd also be on board trading for Garopplo and NOT drafting a QB at all.

    If we draft Mahomes, I probably cut RG3. Could also cut McCown if that hasn't already happened though of the two, he'd be the one to get picked up by, say, the 49ers to back up their new QB. I don't think I want him starting day one, I think he makes too many risky decisions and would get baited into a whole lot of throws, especially against the defences within our division, but he's got a whole lot of potential. I know it's a small part, but his arm strength is phenomenal as it is, and his footwork is horrible. His pocket presence is pretty good from what I see, though he can sometimes take off a little too eagerly when he could just take a couple of steps and make a pass, but when he does take off, he keeps his eyes downfield, and is big enough (6'3", 230lbs) that he can take a hit.

    That's not to say none of that applies to other QBs in this draft, but if you're going to take a guy who's got to sit and learn for a year why take him high? I understand that 'high or not at all' approach and I'm usually fully behind it, just I keep seeing more and more I like from Mahomes. If we're going to be run first, having a relatively mobile QB that can make accurate and deep throws on the run allows us to really get in to heavy play action. RG3 can do it but can't necessarily do much else.

    Kessler can be the 'won't lose you games' QB to allow the team to grow into wins, and Mahomes could in a year or two come in and be the 'will win you games' QB (at which point we could also trade Kessler if he leads us to anything respectable like 7-9 or 8-8 in the meantime).