Skip to content

Mock Draft Central

The Browns Board
222 30 7.0k
  • @the-gipper said:

    No more so than wariness of TAMU guys as far as first round picks...hell the whole SEC

    Mingo, Manziel. Richardson. Warren. Couch. We got shit on by the entire SEC. (Well, there was Joe Haden).

    The ACC isn't much better: Erving, Wimbley, K2. Green.

    And fucking Oklahoma St? Gilbert and Weeden. Keeee- riste

    At least the Big Ten gave us JT.

    One school to one NFL team means nothing. Especially when your sample size is 1 or 2. LSU has a DB in the first round practically every year and the only ones I can name based on their NFL performances are Peterson and Mathieu.

    @wargograw said:

    One school to one NFL team means nothing. Especially when your sample size is 1 or 2. LSU has a DB in the first round practically every year and the only ones I can name based on their NFL performances are Peterson and Mathieu.

    Well....maybe the problem has been our scouting department/GMs. No matter where guys come from, SEC, ACC, Big 12 or what school, they seem to come out busts.

    We have had Big Ten busts as well: Braylon And Notre Dame busts: Quinn

    The Pac 10 may not have been so bad: Alex Mack/Danny Shelton

  • Mike Maylock's top 5 per position---QB a bit of a surprise.

    And LSU's White is #5 out of 5 @ CB. Not a #12 overall in that slot.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mike Maylock's top 5 per position---QB a bit of a surprise.

    And LSU's White is #5 out of 5 @ CB. Not a #12 overall in that slot.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

    Again...he says the only question about MT is that he has only started one year. That is all anyone ever says.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Mike Maylock's top 5 per position---QB a bit of a surprise.

    And LSU's White is #5 out of 5 @ CB. Not a #12 overall in that slot.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

    Again...he says the only question about MT is that he has only started one year. That is all anyone ever says.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again...he says the only question about MT is that he has only started one year. That is all anyone ever says.

    And if the pro teams agree then it's a moot point. He will slide.

  • Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again...he says the only question about MT is that he has only started one year. That is all anyone ever says.

    And if the pro teams agree then it's a moot point. He will slide.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And if the pro teams agree then it's a moot point. He will slide.

    If the Browns must go Garrett, it would be great in my opinion if he slid to 12. I don't think it will happen, but that would be good.

    And, oh, yea....I am supposed to be on a Moratorium from all this draft talk. Sorry.

  • Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

    @londonbrown said:

    Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

    Still a lot of data to be filled in there. There, besides height and weight, he only lists hand size for some, and the character issue with Kelly.

    By the way....I heard a couple of guys talking who said that Kelly would be the best QB in this draft were it not for his "character issues". Curious.

  • Yeah not complete for this year yet but updates pretty regularly after combine etc

    Happy to take a flyer on Kelly with a later round pick, he clearly has talent and who knows, might grow up when he reaches the NFL.

  • Yeah not complete for this year yet but updates pretty regularly after combine etc

    Happy to take a flyer on Kelly with a later round pick, he clearly has talent and who knows, might grow up when he reaches the NFL.

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah not complete for this year yet but updates pretty regularly after combine etc

    Happy to take a flyer on Kelly with a later round pick, he clearly has talent and who knows, might grow up when he reaches the NFL.

    And, hopefully his uncle....who had his initial frat boy image became a pretty solid pro and solid citizen...could rub off on him.

    I predict that the Bills draft him as a legacy.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And if the pro teams agree then it's a moot point. He will slide.

    If the Browns must go Garrett, it would be great in my opinion if he slid to 12. I don't think it will happen, but that would be good.

    And, oh, yea....I am supposed to be on a Moratorium from all this draft talk. Sorry.

    @the-gipper said:

    If the Browns must go Garrett, it would be great in my opinion if he slid to 12. I don't think it will happen, but that would be good.

    And, oh, yea....I am supposed to be on a Moratorium from all this draft talk. Sorry.

    LOL! But I did not agree to have a personal moratorium on trolling you. Here fishy fishy. 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    If the Browns must go Garrett, it would be great in my opinion if he slid to 12. I don't think it will happen, but that would be good.

    And, oh, yea....I am supposed to be on a Moratorium from all this draft talk. Sorry.

    LOL! But I did not agree to have a personal moratorium on trolling you. Here fishy fishy. 😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! But I did not agree to have a personal moratorium on trolling you. Here fishy fishy. 😆

    Shit. Hardly. You get swallowed whole.

  • Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

    @londonbrown said:

    Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

    Remember seeing it last year... good compilation. Thanks for the reminder.

  • One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.

    Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.

  • Jiggins, haven't seen that rumor. However, it's not a bad trade and I still would give the pats our number 12, making them even better. The 2nd round pick would be better. We need to strengthen our defense and pass rush as of yesterday, so that needs to be the number 1 priority. I like the Barnet pick, wouldn't be mad about that, but missing on Garret would be a big loss. Adams/hooker, Barnett/Solomon Thomas, Marlon Humphrey/ not sure yet, would be my personal picks.

  • One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.

    Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.

    Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.

    Does Tenn. own both #5 and #18?

    I might be willing to do that. I know a lot of you are enamored with taking Garrett. I am not that enamored.

    If the Browns could get 3 of the Top 18 talents in this draft...that would help fill the holes on this team tremendously.

    But, then of course, those picks have to be used wisely. No Cam Ervings, Mingos, Gilberts, Manziels, Richardsons, Weedens etc.

    But, yea, I would consider it highly. We could get a QB, DB, DL...and still have two picks in round two.

  • One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.

    Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round.

    Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works.

    Well...

    Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600

    Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1

    Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round.

    Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works.

    Well...

    Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600

    Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1

    Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well...

    Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600

    Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1

    Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.

    I think I would do it in a heartbeat.

    You could get either Hooker, Foster or Allen at 5....or MT

    Lattimore, Ramczyk, or Tabor at 12 (or MT)

    You could get Barnett, Zach Cunningham or Marlon Humphrey at 18

    Then we have 33 and 52.

  • NFL.com's Chad Reuter has issued his 4-round mock.

    1.1- Myles Garrett, DE

    1.12 - Deshaun Watson, QB

    2.33 - Quincy Wilson, CB

    2.52 - Gerbil Peppers, S

    3.65 - Ethan Pocic, C

    4.103 - Eddie Vanderdoes, DT

    4.136 - Adam Bisnowaty, OT

    4.139 - Malachi Dupre, WR

    As always who you skip that is still on the board is part of evaluating any mock. In this one Jamal Adams fell all the way through us to the Ravens at #16. But I guess it can be argued they have a QB.

    Enjoy...

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786173/article/reuter-4round-mock-draft-talent-drops-with-early-qb-run

  • This Mock by Will Brinson of CBS has 3 QBs taken in the Top Ten MT to Browns, Kizer to Jets, Watson to Bills. Has Browns taking Barnett at #12:

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-three-quarterbacks-taken-in-top-10-by-browns-jets-and-bills/

  • I would trade the farm to San Francisco for that number two pick.

    We would need to keep number one and twelve.

    I'm thinking that they would trade us the number two for what? Maybe our first second rounder, one of our third rounders, our first round pick in next years draft and one of our second rounders from next years draft. That's one first rounder, two second rounders and a third rounder. That's a lot I get it. But if we execute it right...

    Mitch Trubisky is #1 and Myles Garrett is #2, the probably decide to call them both number one overall, seems as the F.O. liked them both so much that it had to trade everything to secure them both.

    The Browns will still have that number twelve selection... We need to be safe here and possibly trade up to seven to take Leo Fournette before Carolina does. We could probably trade 12 and our 2nd second rounder and maybe a fourth and fifth to go from 12 to 7?

    If the Browns draft:

    Mitch Trubisky

    Myles Garrett

    Leonard Fournette

    That would be amazing.

    So we would pretty much be using our first rounder next year to draft Garrett, since there is no way he's there at 12 it's the only way we're going to get him. Then we're using our second rounder to draft Fournette. This only works if you can pretend that we're like almost all the other teams and only have one pick a round.

    We would still have our third - sixth round picks this year/ and we would still have our second through seventh round picks for next year.

    It may look like we're missing out on a lot of picks but we've been accumulating picks for a while now and I think that now is the time to strike and use those picks. Get Trubisky, Garrett and Fournette and blow the NFL's mind!