Mock Draft Central
-
One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.
Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.
-
NFL Network.... 4 round mock
-
Jiggins, haven't seen that rumor. However, it's not a bad trade and I still would give the pats our number 12, making them even better. The 2nd round pick would be better. We need to strengthen our defense and pass rush as of yesterday, so that needs to be the number 1 priority. I like the Barnet pick, wouldn't be mad about that, but missing on Garret would be a big loss. Adams/hooker, Barnett/Solomon Thomas, Marlon Humphrey/ not sure yet, would be my personal picks.
-
One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.
Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.
One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.
Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.
Does Tenn. own both #5 and #18?
I might be willing to do that. I know a lot of you are enamored with taking Garrett. I am not that enamored.
If the Browns could get 3 of the Top 18 talents in this draft...that would help fill the holes on this team tremendously.
But, then of course, those picks have to be used wisely. No Cam Ervings, Mingos, Gilberts, Manziels, Richardsons, Weedens etc.
But, yea, I would consider it highly. We could get a QB, DB, DL...and still have two picks in round two.
-
One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.
Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.
The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round.
Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works.
Well...
Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600
Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1
Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.
-
The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round.
Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works.
Well...
Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600
Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1
Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.
Well...
Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600
Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1
Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.
I think I would do it in a heartbeat.
You could get either Hooker, Foster or Allen at 5....or MT
Lattimore, Ramczyk, or Tabor at 12 (or MT)
You could get Barnett, Zach Cunningham or Marlon Humphrey at 18
Then we have 33 and 52.
-
NFL.com's Chad Reuter has issued his 4-round mock.
1.1- Myles Garrett, DE
1.12 - Deshaun Watson, QB
2.33 - Quincy Wilson, CB
2.52 - Gerbil Peppers, S
3.65 - Ethan Pocic, C
4.103 - Eddie Vanderdoes, DT
4.136 - Adam Bisnowaty, OT
4.139 - Malachi Dupre, WR
As always who you skip that is still on the board is part of evaluating any mock. In this one Jamal Adams fell all the way through us to the Ravens at #16. But I guess it can be argued they have a QB.
Enjoy...
-
This Mock by Will Brinson of CBS has 3 QBs taken in the Top Ten MT to Browns, Kizer to Jets, Watson to Bills. Has Browns taking Barnett at #12:
-
I would trade the farm to San Francisco for that number two pick.
We would need to keep number one and twelve.
I'm thinking that they would trade us the number two for what? Maybe our first second rounder, one of our third rounders, our first round pick in next years draft and one of our second rounders from next years draft. That's one first rounder, two second rounders and a third rounder. That's a lot I get it. But if we execute it right...
Mitch Trubisky is #1 and Myles Garrett is #2, the probably decide to call them both number one overall, seems as the F.O. liked them both so much that it had to trade everything to secure them both.
The Browns will still have that number twelve selection... We need to be safe here and possibly trade up to seven to take Leo Fournette before Carolina does. We could probably trade 12 and our 2nd second rounder and maybe a fourth and fifth to go from 12 to 7?
If the Browns draft:
Mitch Trubisky
Myles Garrett
Leonard Fournette
That would be amazing.
So we would pretty much be using our first rounder next year to draft Garrett, since there is no way he's there at 12 it's the only way we're going to get him. Then we're using our second rounder to draft Fournette. This only works if you can pretend that we're like almost all the other teams and only have one pick a round.
We would still have our third - sixth round picks this year/ and we would still have our second through seventh round picks for next year.
It may look like we're missing out on a lot of picks but we've been accumulating picks for a while now and I think that now is the time to strike and use those picks. Get Trubisky, Garrett and Fournette and blow the NFL's mind!
-
Your score is: 9052 (GRADE: C-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A-)
Round 1 Pick 3 (CHI): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 5 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
----------------------------
Okay, I was a little wrong on those proposals earlier. I worked it out on first-pick and it ended up costing me way more that I had planned on. But I got it done.
I feel this is the best way forward. In this approach we identify 5 players that ARE GOING TO START AT THOSE POSITIONS.
We could have our Franchise QB - Trubisky with our career backup in Kess, classic.
We get two DE's that worked together in college come back together to do it in the Pros. You have continuity and experience working together. Then you add in Shelton and Ogbah and Nassib and Collins and you have yourself a dangerous front seven.
You have your starting secondary worked out. Haden, Taylor, Bod, Powell, Evans + some others.
Your Defense is solid right there. Couple that with a Defensive Coordinator like Greg Williams... and BAM!
The for the icing on the cake we finally have a runningback that could stick around for a while and challenge Jim Browns records.
That would be a good draft.
Let the team GROW. The last thing we need is more draft picks. We need QUALITY over quantity at this point. Next year we still have a nice bounty of picks to shore up the remaining holes. But with FA and UDFA, this team would be very competitive and exciting to watch. Not only to watch but watch it grow and develop. That would make for an exciting TV show! *hint, hint, wink, nod.*
What do we have to lose?
I would bet my fandom they don't lose more games than last season.
-
First, I think we could stand pat and not lose more games than we did last year.
Second, you may have given up more of 2017 than you thought, but the sim only let's you deal future 1st-rounders.
Third, the reason "it cost so much" was your hanging onto the #12. To do so for Fournette is the biggest flaw in your effort... and that's from a guy who is not in favor of moving up to get Trubs.
The more sims I do, the more mocks I see, I find that #12 is not in the "impact player" zone of this draft. I thought it once was and, depending upon how the actual draft falls, it may yet be.
-
First, I think we could stand pat and not lose more games than we did last year.
Second, you may have given up more of 2017 than you thought, but the sim only let's you deal future 1st-rounders.
Third, the reason "it cost so much" was your hanging onto the #12. To do so for Fournette is the biggest flaw in your effort... and that's from a guy who is not in favor of moving up to get Trubs.
The more sims I do, the more mocks I see, I find that #12 is not in the "impact player" zone of this draft. I thought it once was and, depending upon how the actual draft falls, it may yet be.
The more sims I do, the more mocks I see, I find that #12 is not in the "impact player" zone of this draft. I thought it once was and, depending upon how the actual draft falls, it may yet be.
Right....I have about 7 players on my hit list for the top 2 picks....which means, depending how they fall, we will get 1 for sure....but not likely 2.....I tend to rank players in groups, instead of individually, so I have 3 Id take at #1.....and 4 that Id hope to get at #12.....which means I can trade back to #3 and still get one of my coveted players......also gives me fuel to move up from #12 to tap the second...
So....Id advocate a short trade back.....then a trade up.....Id also spend next years #1 to obtain another first this year. As bad as we were, added to the prospect that we will be better this season, means next years #1 is at it's highest value right now. If we do well, then that value drops.....PLUS, we are committed to the young guys now, so why not get a head start on next years pick?
Just did a mock, using the above tactics and feel it went well....got 2 of my top 3(Garrett & Adams)....and 3 of my top 7(Williams was #6)......all players I feel are elite type impact players....
And the most amazing aspect???..........I picked a WR at #15.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.....
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 7 (LAC): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)
My theory on the late picks.....Rogers and Gonzalez are that Im picking the best(at their positions), rather than picking to 30th best.......
-
I don't really see the Titans going for something like that, as I believe they are targeting a potential WR star with one of their picks. Mariota needs a badass stud to toss it to, and once he gets that, he may truly be a force.
-
The more sims I do, the more mocks I see, I find that #12 is not in the "impact player" zone of this draft. I thought it once was and, depending upon how the actual draft falls, it may yet be.
Right....I have about 7 players on my hit list for the top 2 picks....which means, depending how they fall, we will get 1 for sure....but not likely 2.....I tend to rank players in groups, instead of individually, so I have 3 Id take at #1.....and 4 that Id hope to get at #12.....which means I can trade back to #3 and still get one of my coveted players......also gives me fuel to move up from #12 to tap the second...
So....Id advocate a short trade back.....then a trade up.....Id also spend next years #1 to obtain another first this year. As bad as we were, added to the prospect that we will be better this season, means next years #1 is at it's highest value right now. If we do well, then that value drops.....PLUS, we are committed to the young guys now, so why not get a head start on next years pick?
Just did a mock, using the above tactics and feel it went well....got 2 of my top 3(Garrett & Adams)....and 3 of my top 7(Williams was #6)......all players I feel are elite type impact players....
And the most amazing aspect???..........I picked a WR at #15.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.....
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 7 (LAC): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)
My theory on the late picks.....Rogers and Gonzalez are that Im picking the best(at their positions), rather than picking to 30th best.......
And the most amazing aspect???..........I picked a WR at #15.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.....
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 7 (LAC): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)
Nicely done Mud. But, how in the H, did you get Philly to trade out of the likes of WR Mike Williams? Or any WR. They need like 4 of them. Remember what you gave up & what Philly took where?
-
A scenario I can't see playing out, this one has us taking Jamal Adams #1 overall. Then says Garrett falling to the 49ers is a 'dream scenario'.
http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/02/20/2017-nfl-mock-draft-a-new-no-1-for-the-browns/
Everyone knows the 49ers need a QB the same as we do, and that they don't have another high first round pick, yet almost any mock draft with us taking anyone except Garrett sees the 49ers taking him instead. Please don't overthink this, Sashi.
-
A safety at #1 could finish Ghoolie off
-
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000788788/Scouts-combine-for-2017-mock-draft
NFL Network has us taking 2 top players in the draft...there is more chance of Tour and I going 1 and 12 than this happening tho
-
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000788788/Scouts-combine-for-2017-mock-draft
NFL Network has us taking 2 top players in the draft...there is more chance of Tour and I going 1 and 12 than this happening tho
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000788788/Scouts-combine-for-2017-mock-draft
NFL Network has us taking 2 top players in the draft...there is more chance of Tour and I going 1 and 12 than this happening tho
Garrett AND!!!??? Allen-Browns wet dream!!

-
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A)
Round 1 Pick 2 (S.F.): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M

Round 5 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OG, Texas A&M (

Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A-)
Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
1a- Garrett- the chosen one.
1b- Trubisky- traded 12, 2nd rounder and a first next year for our QB.
2- McCafferey- Underrated and overlooked, he's a dangerous RB that will change the game.
3- Elflein- Here's our Center.
4a- Evans- He's going to be a Superstar, he's got the talent. Starter.
4b- Hall- The bookend to the other side of the line or a nice rotational with Nassib.
5a- Gennesey- nice solid OG that can step in at RG if Greco needs more time.
5b- Switzer- nice possession receiver with speed and shiftyness, will move to the slot.
5c- Sprinkle- Huge TE target with good blocking skills. He can step in and be productive. Barnidge-DeValve-Sprinkle
6- Rogers- projected as the best FB in the draft. We need one and he's it.
With Elflein, Gennesey, Sprinkle and Rogers our blocking on the offensive side of the ball will be grades better. It should by Trubisky time to find Gordon, Pryor, Coleman and Switzer wide open and provide nice holes for MC to run free. Our Defense has already received an upgrade by picking up Greg Williams, then getting the injured guys back and adding Garrett, Evans and Hall- all starters- we're going to be a very dangerous team.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login