Mock Draft Central
-
Your score is: 10723 (GRADE: B+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 6 (LAC): Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (BALT): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 6 (LAC): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (

Round 5 Pick 7 (LAC): Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (

Round 5 Pick 32: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick (BALT)
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
Man would you look at this beauty! You've got Fournette running behind Thomas, Bitonio, Elflein, Pocic and Robinson with Isidora backing them up. Then you have Desmond King and Justin Evans manning the Safety positions. You have the best TE in Simpson out there who can block and catch. You get a shutdown corner in Jourdan Lewis and a MONSTER DE in Daeshon Hall! Then we clean up the draft by taking an explosive KR/PR/Scatback in Pumphrey and a possession receiver who can pick up the YAC yards in Switzer.
This would be heaven as we also secure another first round selection in next years draft from trading back!
Agree, cal, but he''s "hot".
Haasan Reddick's floor and ceiling have been raised because he has shown that his projected position change is not theoretical, but a plausible, borderline-certain, expectation of an even higher level than was envisioned.Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 5 Pick 7 (LAC): Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (B )My reservations about Robinson aside, you have spent four picks, three of which are prime ones, to overhaul an OL that does not need an overhaul, on players, who with one exception, will play positions they don't upgrade. The exception is Pocic at Center... and he actually looks bad at OG.
All the while you have ignored the Defensive side... and the impact players in the draft.
Gregg Williams would smother you as you slept.
-
I definitely think that if we're going to be bringing in a FRANCHISE QB in the following year then we NEED to overhaul that line.
Thomas won't be around forever and we need to start to find his replacement and train him up before he actually leaves.
Bitonio has been pretty solid but he's coming off an injury.
After that, who do we have that's a lock? We have a bunch of crap shots. A bunch of hopefuls.
I don't want us to come back to where we are now and everyone be afraid of drafting our franchise QB and putting him behind a broken line. We need the best supporting cast and the best line we can get.
Getting Fournette and O.J. Howard to go with Gordon, Pryor and Coleman and a great offensive line is a recipe for success IMO.
Kessler, RG3 and McCown will love you if those are the guys behind that line this year.
I don't know where you are seeing that those guys will not be an upgrade? Robinson, outside of the off the field concerns, is touted as the BEST OL in the draft.
Pocic is a fast and furious run blocking giant and Elflein has impressed for awhile as moving to center and not missing a beat.
I did address the Defensive side of the ball as well. Firstly, I'm of the opposite opinion that our Defense isn't really that bad. They just need an offense to take some of the pressure off of them and actually control the clock and put up some points.
I did address the defense though. King and Evans will step right into the starting spots at Safety on day one and they are electric.
Jourdan Lewis is also a standout CB that can be a #2 possibly even a #1 someday.
Daeshon Hall is an excellent DE. Is he Myles Garrett? No, but I think he is close to that level and he's far far cheaper.
-
Starting Lineup I'm proposing...
QB- Kessler, RG3, McCown
RB- Fournette, Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey - what would it look like with Crowell at FB and Fournette at RB?
WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer, Hawkins
OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Elflein, Pocic, Robinson, Greco, Isidora and Erving waaay back here...
TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve
-----------------------------
DL- Hall, Shelton, Bryant, Nassib, Meder,
LB- Ogbah, Collins, Davis, Kirksey,
CB- Haden, Lewis, Taylor, Calhoun
SS- Evans, Kindred
FS- King, PoyerI've bolded the players that would be taken in this draft and I think it's fairly even.
I took 4 offensive player and 4 defensive players.
I took 4 offensive lineman and fixed our issue there.
I took 9 STARTERS and fixed a lot of problems... because I didn't take any LBs this draft was a fail?
Come on bro-
9 Starters. 10 if you include Pumphrey as starting KR. 11 if you make Switzer you're starting PR.
... so in that vein, The Browns gain 11 Starters and OL depth with the 12th player.
Also, next draft we will also have 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders.... and we can do this all over again.
Next year we take the Franchise QB and the LB.
- Just a thought.
-P.S. - Personally I would take Trubisky #1 overall and trade SF a nice package to move up from 12 where they can grab Watson or Kizer or any other QB they would like while also have extra picks to build their shitty team with...
We get have Trubisky and Fournette... although I'm starting to turn on to Cook as well. I really like McCafferey too. But Fournette unless something crazy comes out, is the Prototype Franchise RB that teams covet for years....
-
Agree, cal, but he''s "hot".
Haasan Reddick's floor and ceiling have been raised because he has shown that his projected position change is not theoretical, but a plausible, borderline-certain, expectation of an even higher level than was envisioned.Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 5 Pick 7 (LAC): Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.) (B )My reservations about Robinson aside, you have spent four picks, three of which are prime ones, to overhaul an OL that does not need an overhaul, on players, who with one exception, will play positions they don't upgrade. The exception is Pocic at Center... and he actually looks bad at OG.
All the while you have ignored the Defensive side... and the impact players in the draft.
Gregg Williams would smother you as you slept.
-
Po...
All reasonable positions with which I simply disagree based upon my evaluations of our roster and the draft class.
- Two years ago there was another Robinson (Greg) who was touted as the best of his OL class... he wasn't. This year's version is better, but so, too, I believe, will be the version of Shon Coleman we will see.
- We have two more years of Joe under contract to replace him... and I think he's re-up. I think we may even see a restructured extension to bring money forward to 2017.
- Two years running Bito has been hurt... As a swami once said, "One is an accident, two is a coincidence, three is a trend." If Bito goes down again this year, color me done... but 'til then.
- You are casting aside demonstrated depth and versatility in Paz and Drango. Other than the Camster you don't have a swingman left on your squad... put another way, you don't have a swingman.
- You draft a one-position player, Pocic, and slot him out of position in favor of a lesser Center.
On the D-side...
- You have one blue-chip-ish pick, King, and move him to an unfamiliar position.
- You add three other nice pieces and expect impact performances.
- ... and our 2016 D was "that bad."
But always good to end on a positive note... I'd love OJH at TE.
-
I don't agree with that at all. We have the first friggen pick. The last thing we need to do is reach.
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.
-
It's a no brainer. The only way I don't draft him is if I don't move down more than maybe 5-6 slots in a trade and I pick up a boat full of picks. I'd take a swap of picks, a first next year, a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year.
I see next years QB class as better than this. Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
Garrett may be a no brainer, but how many times have we heard "next year's qb class is better than this one". Happens almost every year. So we take Garrett and another defensive stud, finish maybe 5-11 or 6-10, and lo and behold, there's another Andrew Luck sitting there for the taking at #1. Too bad we can't get him, because the qb needy team sitting at the pole position isn't listening to any offers.
Garrett may be a no brainer, but how many times have we heard "next year's qb class is better than this one". Happens almost every year. So we take Garrett and another defensive stud, finish maybe 5-11 or 6-10, and lo and behold, there's another Andrew Luck sitting there for the taking at #1. Too bad we can't get him, because the qb needy team sitting at the pole position isn't listening to any offers.
I don't know how many times we have heard it. Since I don't remember, it probably hasn't been that many times.
The reality is next years class does project to be better. By a lot.
-
On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.
-
Has us going Garrett and then O line
-
Has us going Garrett and then O line
Has us going Garrett and then O line
I'd prefer another one of those CB's if Foster is gone @#12.
-
On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.
On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.
Has us going Garrett and then O line
But then it's only "Bucky"....
Was looking at his R1 mock yesterday... seeing who he passed over to tab Ramczyk at #12. OJH is the name that jumped out at me along with Williams, Clemson's now seemingly annual stud WR. But given our WR binge last draft and the relative depth of the two positions in this draft, I think I go TE.
But, God, I still want Foster... even more with the threat of Cinci grabbing him. CAR does seem to me to be a plausible trade partner and even by the more expensive JJ chart a trade-up from 12 to 8 should start around something like: 1.08 <==> 1.12 + 3.Comp + 4.01
There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.
Welcome to the Board and the fray...
I have a different take on Part 1... there's no risk with Allan at #1, but not much more with Garrett who comes with a higher.
Part 2? Just one of many examples...
-
It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.
-
On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.
Has us going Garrett and then O line
But then it's only "Bucky"....
Was looking at his R1 mock yesterday... seeing who he passed over to tab Ramczyk at #12. OJH is the name that jumped out at me along with Williams, Clemson's now seemingly annual stud WR. But given our WR binge last draft and the relative depth of the two positions in this draft, I think I go TE.
But, God, I still want Foster... even more with the threat of Cinci grabbing him. CAR does seem to me to be a plausible trade partner and even by the more expensive JJ chart a trade-up from 12 to 8 should start around something like: 1.08 <==> 1.12 + 3.Comp + 4.01
There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.
Welcome to the Board and the fray...
I have a different take on Part 1... there's no risk with Allan at #1, but not much more with Garrett who comes with a higher.
Part 2? Just one of many examples...
seeing who he passed over to tab Ramczyk at #12.
But, God, I still want Foster... even more with the threat of Cinci grabbing him. CAR does seem to me to be a plausible trade partner and even by the more expensive JJ chart a trade-up from 12 to 8 should start around something like: 1.08 <==> 1.12 + 3.Comp + 4.01
Carolina maybe the trade-up team.Their real need was a guy like any T named Ramczyk last season. But Foster maybe the back-up plan on a aging Thomas Davis. Luke's only back-up is AJ Klein.Soon to be a FA. Shaq Thompson proves they have a great LB coach. Simply don't see a QB run early that keeps Foster out top 5. but we got time & draft value to keep digging..
-
It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.
I certainly would if Foster is there. But we know how our FO likes quantity over quality. But here are also a ton of really good CBs to chose from @ 12. I can live with that.
-
Foster seems to be that special of a player that would warrant that trade.
but cb is deep, and you would be giving up a rock solid OG/C, and
a good safety....
tough decisions, but the Browns finally have smart people to make them. I'm good
with whatever they decide.
-
Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.
Round 1 Pick 1
Round 1 Pick 12
Round 2 Pick 1
Round 2 Pick 20
Round 3 Pick 1
Round 3 Pick 39
Round 4 Pick 1
Round 4 Pick 36
Round 5 Pick 1
Round 5 Pick 31
Round 5 Pick 34
Round 6 Pick 1
-
Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.
Round 1 Pick 1
Round 1 Pick 12
Round 2 Pick 1
Round 2 Pick 20
Round 3 Pick 1
Round 3 Pick 39
Round 4 Pick 1
Round 4 Pick 36
Round 5 Pick 1
Round 5 Pick 31
Round 5 Pick 34
Round 6 Pick 1
Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.
Round 1 Pick 1
Round 1 Pick 12
Round 2 Pick 1
Round 2 Pick 20
Round 3 Pick 1
Round 3 Pick 39
Round 4 Pick 1
Round 4 Pick 36
Round 5 Pick 1
Round 5 Pick 31
Round 5 Pick 34
Round 6 Pick 1
We already traded away the second 3rd rounder to NE for Jamie Collins and one of the 5th rounders for another trade we made so make sure you are aware of this. Otherwise, you'll be adding 2 guys in places other NFL teams will be selecting.
-
Well that's not good...
Here's what I came up with anyways...
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Desmond King, CB/CB, Iowa (

Round 2 Pick 20: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (A)
Round 3 Pick 39: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (A)
Round 4 Pick 36: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OG, Texas A&M (B-)
Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 34: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (B-)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
I know, 2 FBs right?
-
Excellent draft as usual, PoG.
-
"I'll give the credit to (South defensive coordinator) Gregg Williams, and the way he coached us this week and the mentality he instilled in us," South team defensive end Jordan Willis of Kansas State said. "I think everybody accepted his coaching style and ran with it, and that's why we played the way we played."
So Jackson and Williams get their first victory of the year! That's a good sign. Here's a quote from Jordan Willis on Williams' coaching mentality, hope it carries over to the Browns as well.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login