Brock Osweiler Fired
-
New England played its worse game and put up 34 points w/o Kronk against the #1 defense in the league. I'm sorry but what game were you guys watching? Pats are still the favorite to win it all.
-
While Brock Ostrich clearly isn't the answer, not giving up a kickoff return or dropping what should have been a pretty nice TD pass didn't help matters...
As much as I hate to type this, I have a sick feeling Pittsburgh is going to beat NE. Hopefully, I just jinxed the shit out of that happening.
While Brock Ostrich clearly isn't the answer, not giving up a kickoff return or dropping what should have been a pretty nice TD pass didn't help matters...
As much as I hate to type this, I have a sick feeling Pittsburgh is going to beat NE. Hopefully, I just jinxed the shit out of that happening.
LOL, they have to beat my alternate team (the Chiefs) first. The Steelers D isn't as good as the Texans,and Brady rang up 34 on them.
@ghoolie said:
YES YES YES......................... One game, and now we see that Tom Brady is really not that good.
Fucking idiots.
Not that good? Who was dumb enough to post that? At this point in his career, he's playing better than Payton. I can see now why Bill has determined Garropolo is expendable. Tom looks like he's got another 3 years left in him. At which time he can retire as the undisputed GOAT.
i could see the texans making a deal for romo, but who wants osweiler? the bills?
Nobody. His contract is toxic. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/brock-osweiler-9867/ I'll let the cap guys interpret this but no team in their right mind is going to take on his contract, Looks like the Texans are stuck with him because his cap hit in 2017 is $19 million. LOL, digging a little deeper on Sportrac, Brock is due to make more this year than Matt Stafford,and near as much as Tom Brady think he's worth it?
-
When a 6th round pick wins as often he has you tend to take notice. That aligned with his team being caught cheating vs opposition defenses on numerous occasions and then add what happened with the balls last year.
I don't respect anything he's done because I don't believe it was ever at all legitimate. He has an average arm has lost to Peyton in post season three times and one of his wins was in a snow storm. He's a by product of his head coach doing whatever it takes to win matches for me
-
While Brock Ostrich clearly isn't the answer, not giving up a kickoff return or dropping what should have been a pretty nice TD pass didn't help matters...
As much as I hate to type this, I have a sick feeling Pittsburgh is going to beat NE. Hopefully, I just jinxed the shit out of that happening.
LOL, they have to beat my alternate team (the Chiefs) first. The Steelers D isn't as good as the Texans,and Brady rang up 34 on them.
@ghoolie said:
YES YES YES......................... One game, and now we see that Tom Brady is really not that good.
Fucking idiots.
Not that good? Who was dumb enough to post that? At this point in his career, he's playing better than Payton. I can see now why Bill has determined Garropolo is expendable. Tom looks like he's got another 3 years left in him. At which time he can retire as the undisputed GOAT.
i could see the texans making a deal for romo, but who wants osweiler? the bills?
Nobody. His contract is toxic. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/brock-osweiler-9867/ I'll let the cap guys interpret this but no team in their right mind is going to take on his contract, Looks like the Texans are stuck with him because his cap hit in 2017 is $19 million. LOL, digging a little deeper on Sportrac, Brock is due to make more this year than Matt Stafford,and near as much as Tom Brady think he's worth it?
-
Brock is not a good QB. He probably never will be a good Qb. He is way to inaccurate and if you watch his ball flight, the nose is pointing downward most times. That is not the way a good Qb throws the ball
-
-
When a 6th round pick wins as often he has you tend to take notice. That aligned with his team being caught cheating vs opposition defenses on numerous occasions and then add what happened with the balls last year.
I don't respect anything he's done because I don't believe it was ever at all legitimate. He has an average arm has lost to Peyton in post season three times and one of his wins was in a snow storm. He's a by product of his head coach doing whatever it takes to win matches for me
When a 6th round pick wins as often he has you tend to take notice. That aligned with his team being caught cheating vs opposition defenses on numerous occasions and then add what happened with the balls last year.
I don't respect anything he's done because I don't believe it was ever at all legitimate. He has an average arm has lost to Peyton in post season three times and one of his wins was in a snow storm. He's a by product of his head coach doing whatever it takes to win matches for me
I don't agree with this at all. I think the success of that team has been more Brady than BB. BB would have had good defenses...ala 1994 Browns, but without Brady, they would have have been a championship caliber team.
-
I hear that BO is the winningest QB ever that is 6'7" or taller! What do you say about that?
There are a couple of others out there that could match him: Paxton Lynch and Mike Glennon, both 6'7"
I personally think that 6'3" 6'4" is about the right height.
-
yep that ghoolie swan song pick of paxton lynch is looking real good about now.
fuckin reatard.
-
yep that ghoolie swan song pick of paxton lynch is looking real good about now.
fuckin reatard.
-
Lynch could still do OK....but not because Ghoolie says so. Just because.
could... when's that window of opportunity close? think denver is looking to trade for tony homo. that's how much faith they have in lynch.
-
Lynch could still do OK....but not because Ghoolie says so. Just because.
could... when's that window of opportunity close? think denver is looking to trade for tony homo. that's how much faith they have in lynch.
could... when's that window of opportunity close? think denver is looking to trade for tony homo. that's how much faith they have in lynch.
He just finished his rookie year. In many instances it has taken QBs 3-5 years to develop. Some are a lot quicker, but some are not.
Rodgers didn't start for like 3 years. Alex Smith took several years to hit his stride. Any number of other took longer than their rookie season,
-
could... when's that window of opportunity close? think denver is looking to trade for tony homo. that's how much faith they have in lynch.
He just finished his rookie year. In many instances it has taken QBs 3-5 years to develop. Some are a lot quicker, but some are not.
Rodgers didn't start for like 3 years. Alex Smith took several years to hit his stride. Any number of other took longer than their rookie season,
He just finished his rookie year. In many instances it has taken QBs 3-5 years to develop. Some are a lot quicker, but some are not.
Rodgers didn't start for like 3 years. Alex Smith took several years to hit his stride. Any number of other took longer than their rookie season,
make excuses all you want. either you have it or you don't. it's obvious the moment you step on the field.
ask conner cook. manziel. mccoy. weeden.
-
Let Brock be another example of something I tell everyone but no one believes: Quarterbacks can be too tall to play the position.
Seriously, as stupid as it sounds it's been historically true for a long, long time. The best educated guess is being that 2-3 inches taller than 6'5' makes it easier for defenses to read the eyes of the guy, but the theory holds an incredible amount of merit.
-
He just finished his rookie year. In many instances it has taken QBs 3-5 years to develop. Some are a lot quicker, but some are not.
Rodgers didn't start for like 3 years. Alex Smith took several years to hit his stride. Any number of other took longer than their rookie season,
make excuses all you want. either you have it or you don't. it's obvious the moment you step on the field.
ask conner cook. manziel. mccoy. weeden.
make excuses all you want. either you have it or you don't. it's obvious the moment you step on the field.
ask conner cook. manziel. mccoy. weeden.
Well, then, why don't you just go and inform him and the Broncos and the 32 teams in the NFL that he should quit the game and go sell insurance.
-
Let Brock be another example of something I tell everyone but no one believes: Quarterbacks can be too tall to play the position.
Seriously, as stupid as it sounds it's been historically true for a long, long time. The best educated guess is being that 2-3 inches taller than 6'5' makes it easier for defenses to read the eyes of the guy, but the theory holds an incredible amount of merit.
Let Brock be another example of something I tell everyone but no one believes: Quarterbacks can be too tall to play the position.
Seriously, as stupid as it sounds it's been historically true for a long, long time. The best educated guess is being that 2-3 inches taller than 6'5' makes it easier for defenses to read the eyes of the guy, but the theory holds an incredible amount of merit.
Agility tends to go south and height goes north. But height... seeing over the OL... is supposed to offset that. So when a QB plays shorter than his height, like Brock does, it kills what could be an advantage. Then you are left with a less agile QB.
When on top of that your tall QB has an extra long wind-up/slow release...
...and throws 3/4 side-arm...
... or lower which is a real problem.
I swear on the late INT Brock threw vs. NE, the one that sailed high over everyone except a Safety, that I was reminded of the MLB playoffs when an infielder dropped his arm angle and the throw sailed over the First-baseman's head. The analyst went on (and on) about arm physics and why it happens. Anyway... that's Brock in a nutshell.
Edit: And there is way too much to fix with Brock.
I remember being really excited about Tim Couch in '99. Then I heard Chris Palmer, our first QB whispering HC, say, "Tim is a great prospect. We just have to tweak his throwing motion a little."
To which I said, "Oh, shit..."
-
^^^Good Take there. It's amazing how consistently true that fact is over the game's history.
-
^^^Good Take there. It's amazing how consistently true that fact is over the game's history.
^^^Good Take there. It's amazing how consistently true that fact is over the game's history.
Though, Bernie, a tall QB (6'5") with a weird, sidearm throwing motion seemed to do all right. For a while. What I wonder though is whether or not his throwing motion contributed to his arm injuries that he suffered later.
-
^^^Good Take there. It's amazing how consistently true that fact is over the game's history.
Though, Bernie, a tall QB (6'5") with a weird, sidearm throwing motion seemed to do all right. For a while. What I wonder though is whether or not his throwing motion contributed to his arm injuries that he suffered later.
Though, Bernie, a tall QB (6'5") with a weird, sidearm throwing motion seemed to do all right. For a while. What I wonder though is whether or not his throwing motion contributed to his arm injuries that he suffered later.
6'5' is that arbitrary but consistent cutoff point though. The only guy 6'6' or taller who has had a good career is Flacco.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
