Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Draft Talk #2.

Draft Talk #2.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
48 Posts 16 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jrb12711J jrb12711

    Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 6k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @jrb12711 said:

    Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Mark OM Mark O

      @jrb12711 said:

      Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

      With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

      As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #15

      @mark-o said:

      As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

      I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

      Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The GipperT The Gipper

        @mark-o said:

        As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

        I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

        Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 6k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
        #16

        @the-gipper said:

        I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

        Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #17

          People I would be interested in the Browns targeting with their first 5 picks:

          Trubisky QB

          Hooker DB

          Tabor DB

          Barnett DE

          Williams DE

          Takkarist McKinley OLB

          Gareon Conley DB

          Carlos Watkins DT

          Elflein OC

          Pocic OC/OG

          Adoree Jackson CB

          Marcus Williams DB

          Desmond King DB

          Jourdan Lewis DB

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Mark OM Mark O

            @the-gipper said:

            I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

            Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #18

            @mark-o said:

            Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

            I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

            Mark OM jrb12711J 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The GipperT The Gipper

              @mark-o said:

              Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

              I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

              Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 6k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
              #19

              @the-gipper said:

              I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

              Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                @mark-o said:

                Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

                I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                #20

                @the-gipper said:

                I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                  Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                  hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 20k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                  #21

                  @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                  Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                  Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

                  @tour2ma said:

                  So far so good... lol...

                  Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

                  I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

                  Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                    • 24k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                    #22

                    Yeah these stupid draft games are beyond silly. What kind open ass fgtry are these things? Lets trade out of the 1st round entirely and nab gareet, allen and foster in the 2nd and 3rd rounds omg omg best draft ever!!!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Mark OM Mark O

                      @the-gipper said:

                      I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                      Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #23

                      @mark-o said:

                      Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

                      Yes, about Danielson.

                      But actually, BK was the #1 overall pick in a sense. Remember, the Browns got Kosar by trading for Buffalo's first round draft pick in the Supp draft which was in fact the overall #1 pick that they had to give up.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • jrb12711J jrb12711

                        @the-gipper said:

                        I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                        The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #24

                        @jrb12711 said:

                        The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

                        I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

                        Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

                        Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

                        Alex Smith sat for 9 games

                        Eli Manning sat for 9 games

                        Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

                        Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

                        jrb12711J 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • hoortaH hoorta

                          @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                          Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                          Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

                          @tour2ma said:

                          So far so good... lol...

                          Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

                          I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

                          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 30k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                          #25

                          You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.

                          @hoorta said:

                          Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

                          I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

                          Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.

                          @jrb12711 said:

                          Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

                          With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

                          Yes... and thus the key is the size of the "hypothesis".

                          @mark-o said:

                          If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

                          So if we bat .500 on our two firsts, then you'll be happy?

                          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                          hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                            You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.

                            @hoorta said:

                            Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

                            I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

                            Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.

                            @jrb12711 said:

                            Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

                            With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

                            Yes... and thus the key is the size of the "hypothesis".

                            @mark-o said:

                            If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

                            So if we bat .500 on our two firsts, then you'll be happy?

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #26

                            @tour2ma said:

                            You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.

                            Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.

                            I took it to it's most ludicrous extreme, and then Mark topped me. 🙂

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Mr. Make-Believe Mr. Make-BelieveM Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 719 Posts
                              • 122 Reputation
                              Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
                              #27

                              @ghoolie said:

                              Trubisky

                              I don't often agree with Ghoolie, but when I do, it's about Mitch Trubisky.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                @hoorta said:

                                Please keep it real.

                                So far so good... lol...

                                Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

                                wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 5k Posts
                                • 363 Reputation
                                W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                                #28

                                @tour2ma said:

                                So far so good... lol...

                                Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

                                Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • W wargograw

                                  @tour2ma said:

                                  So far so good... lol...

                                  Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

                                  Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

                                  Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 8k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                  #29

                                  @wargograw said:

                                  Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

                                  If you'll look, mine was sarcastic - it was the straw that broke the camel's back in the other thread that caused him to make this one.

                                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                                    @jrb12711 said:

                                    The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

                                    I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

                                    Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

                                    Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

                                    Alex Smith sat for 9 games

                                    Eli Manning sat for 9 games

                                    Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

                                    Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

                                    jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                    #30

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

                                    Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

                                    Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

                                    Alex Smith sat for 9 games

                                    Eli Manning sat for 9 games

                                    Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

                                    Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

                                    Literally every QB you mentioned other than Stafford was drafted before or in the same year as Aaron Rodgers, which is literally why I said it's been a long time. I know you love your history but the game changes quickly, and looking at nearly 15 year old examples in some cases doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

                                      Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

                                      Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

                                      Alex Smith sat for 9 games

                                      Eli Manning sat for 9 games

                                      Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

                                      Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

                                      Literally every QB you mentioned other than Stafford was drafted before or in the same year as Aaron Rodgers, which is literally why I said it's been a long time. I know you love your history but the game changes quickly, and looking at nearly 15 year old examples in some cases doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #31

                                      @jrb12711 said:

                                      Literally every QB you mentioned other than Stafford was drafted before or in the same year as Aaron Rodgers, which is literally why I said it's been a long time. I know you love your history but the game changes quickly, and looking at nearly 15 year old examples in some cases doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

                                      I only gave you the #1 overall picks, and only Carr. Winston, Newton, Luck and Bradford started right out. And imo Bradford and Carr should have waited.

                                      Your premise went beyond #1 picks, you said ANY first round pick should not wait., yet, except for those 3 and a few others nearly ALL first round QB picks waited some: (Wentz/Flacco/Ryan did not)

                                      Lynch full year so far

                                      Goff 11 games

                                      Mariota 4 games

                                      Manziel....what the fuck ever

                                      Brigdeport..4 games

                                      Bortles...3 games

                                      EJ Manual 6 games

                                      Griffin 1 game

                                      Weeden 1 game

                                      Locker full year

                                      Gabbert 2 games

                                      Ponder 6 games

                                      Tebow 13 games

                                      Sanchez 1 game

                                      Josh Freeman 7 games

                                      Quinn full year

                                      Vince Young 3 games

                                      Leinert 5 games

                                      Cutler 11 games

                                      Jason Campbell 9 games.

                                      Rodgers.....3 years!!

                                      OK, some of these sucked so bad they maybe never should have been allowed to start, but that is hindsight.

                                      Fact is, even history since Rodgers was drafted, most 1st round QBs had a waiting period.

                                      Success if certainly variable.

                                      Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                        @wargograw said:

                                        Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

                                        If you'll look, mine was sarcastic - it was the straw that broke the camel's back in the other thread that caused him to make this one.

                                        wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 5k Posts
                                        • 363 Reputation
                                        W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                                        #32

                                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                        If you'll look, mine was sarcastic - it was the straw that broke the camel's back in the other thread that caused him to make this one.

                                        I know. I laughed. I just don't know why hoorta then took it seriously.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 658 Reputation
                                          PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
                                          #33

                                          The Cleveland Browns should just say screw it.

                                          Take Trubisky first overall and let the world laugh and say how we wasted the first overall pick on a QB that played for one year. Then we trade up slightly from 12, who cares what it takes to get there but get there. Then you select Leonard Fournette. The world will laugh and say... didn't they learn their lesson when they traded up to select Trent Richardson. So on and so forth. But, the real joke will be on them once the season starts, for the Browns will take the field with a QB that seems to have all the tools and character to be a franchise QB. A guy they can lean on and build around for the next several seasons, sink or swim.

                                          With Fournette we will replace our over-achieving 6th round selection 'The Crow' ka ka kaaaa !!!

                                          Leonard is no ordinary runningback... that's actually a question I'd like to ask Jim Brown. But we've seen what a GREAT RB like Elliot can do for a football team. I've seen Fournette do some incredible things. There is no reason that his ability would just disappear in the pros, there is no evidence that the NFL will be too big for him. He'd be a pleasure to watch slicing through defenses like a hot 'orange helmet' through butter.

                                          We then should consider trading up some from the second round. Our first pick is practically a first rounder as well. Shoot, if even a single player is overdrafted by a team then it truly would be another first rounder. I don't know if we need to trade up but if we did we need to secure the best damn center in the draft. Can't have what happened last year happen again. Fortify that line in front of our new QB and RB combo. Hmmm, that would be 3 rookies in a row huh? C - QB - RB .... I guess it would be pushing it... but from the look of those particular players, I think they could handle it.

                                          You may think I'm forgetting about our Defense... well to an extent I am. I think that our Defense is actually a good Defense on paper. I think the players are decent and with a switch to more of a 4-3 we could be okay if we could actually threaten a team with putting some points on the board on Offense.

                                          I would like that CB King to move to Safety, I think he would be like an Ed Reed by 2020. We should actually take Jourdan Lewis and Kevin King as well.

                                          If anybody doesn't think that we have the ability to secure the above players... let me assure you that we do. It can be done. We have the resources now we just need the want to. Upgrading the Offense and upgrading the backend of the Defensive Secondary would do wonders for this team.

                                          If we did what I just said there wouldn't be any reason the Browns couldn't win 8-10 games next year.

                                          The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate