Bad attitude? Hue loves that...
-
The upside for him is that he gets to work for a week with the coaching staff of the team with the number one pick. If he makes a good enough impression, Hue could come away saying "wow, this is the guy for us" and he goes first overall. At the moment his rating is all over the place, from first overall in a couple of places down to second round. He could solidify himself as a top pick and make lots of money.
And the downside is we like him but not at #1 so once he falls past us other teams begin to wonder what we saw that we did not love... and that's if we go D with our #1. Just imagine if we went with a different QB?
The #1 overall is the best payday in the draft... for 4 years, but the 5th year option is not desirable as it only delays the biggest payday any quality player will get... his 2nd contract... one that dwarfs any rookie deal.
That's probably true for his pocketbook his career and his draft status. That doesn't correlate to what is best for the Cleveland Browns. And as unfair as it might be that's where my loyalty lies.
And that's why we love you... that and the kilts...
Being a senior?
Doh!
And the downside is we like him but not at #1 so once he falls past us other teams begin to wonder what we saw that we did not love... and that's if we go D with our #1. Just imagine if we went with a different QB?
SO it comes down to - how confident are you in your abilities? Do you feel like you can go in and knock the socks off of the coaching staff? If not you don't deserve to be an NFL QB...
-
I actually see this as a good thing for the Browns. Personally, I don't want Watson, though I don't think he did this to slight the Browns. I hope this does hurt his drat stock enough that if the Browns DO really want him, he's available at #12, or even better, #33. I hope it puts him out of contention for the #1 pick because we need to take Garrett or Allen there. Personally I'd rather the Browns took Trubisky or Kizer.
Both Trubisky and Watson will go Top 5. If not, I owe someone a pitcher of Margaritas. (If Trub goes top 5, Stan owes me....but I am not sure about both of them....perhaps Z.)
Both Trubisky and Watson will go Top 5. If not, I owe someone a pitcher of Margaritas. (If Trub goes top 5, Stan owes me....but I am not sure about both of them....perhaps Z.)
Right now it looks that way but I don't think the Browns take either at #1, which leaves the 49ers and Bears. Either of those teams could end up with Garopolo, and a long shot but possibly Cousins or Romo.
-
Both Trubisky and Watson will go Top 5. If not, I owe someone a pitcher of Margaritas. (If Trub goes top 5, Stan owes me....but I am not sure about both of them....perhaps Z.)
Right now it looks that way but I don't think the Browns take either at #1, which leaves the 49ers and Bears. Either of those teams could end up with Garopolo, and a long shot but possibly Cousins or Romo.
-
myles garrett or trade down i think
I hope Garrett, I think Allen is a good possibility, too. I really hope they don't trade down, though. We need to start drafting some blue-chip impact players.
-
myles garrett or trade down i think
I hope Garrett, I think Allen is a good possibility, too. I really hope they don't trade down, though. We need to start drafting some blue-chip impact players.
-
Both Trubisky and Watson will go Top 5. If not, I owe someone a pitcher of Margaritas. (If Trub goes top 5, Stan owes me....but I am not sure about both of them....perhaps Z.)
Right now it looks that way but I don't think the Browns take either at #1, which leaves the 49ers and Bears. Either of those teams could end up with Garopolo, and a long shot but possibly Cousins or Romo.
-
And the downside is we like him but not at #1 so once he falls past us other teams begin to wonder what we saw that we did not love... and that's if we go D with our #1. Just imagine if we went with a different QB?
SO it comes down to - how confident are you in your abilities? Do you feel like you can go in and knock the socks off of the coaching staff? If not you don't deserve to be an NFL QB...
SO it comes down to - how confident are you in your abilities? Do you feel like you can go in and knock the socks off of the coaching staff? If not you don't deserve to be an NFL QB...
Completely disagree... just as much confidence is shown by standing pat.
Plus Davos was live at the Sr. Bowl and, while this may fall under the category of "towing the line", he said Watson had 15 games of wear and tear on him and needed the time to heal up before preparing for the Combine. That's 15 games worth of tape vs. a gamble on 3 days of practice before a "bowl game".
Desahun...

-
i think it was stupid to ask him. Makes the browns look like assholes. Hey you just won the nat champ by kicking the shit out of OSU than beating Al...but we'd still like you to come to the senior bowl and potentially risk your draft status. Wtf is wrong with the browns?
-
Ultimately I can't think of QB's that aren't asked to try and make it to their #2 if possible (save for Pat White)As opposed to other QBs in this draft locking onto primary targets of their pre-determined passes in the huddle? McNabb played in the Veer Option which was very similar to the style of offense Favre played in before both guys went on to perfect WCOs. Rodgers got stereotyped for being a Tedford system QB and I'm guessing it's why he slid down into the 20s.
My question to you is which of the top QB prospects this year were asked to read progressions?
However that doesn't mean that they do or can.
Ultimately I can't think of QB's that aren't asked to try and make it to their #2 if possible (save for Pat White)
However that doesn't mean that they do or can.
Good point T. That's probably more the case in terms of design.
QBs in college know they can get away with locking onto their primary targets in a world where defenses aren't that complicated/complex so many perfect this bad habit. The oft-labelled "pro ready" Brady Quinn was constantly staring down his primary target Jeff Smarzdija which worked okay until they played teams like LSU or Ohio State. Unfortunately, that never prepared him for a world of reading progressions vrs more complicated defenses in a faster league with less time to throw.
-
I'm not at home but if I felt like it could get the coaches room tape ESPN did and with their angles you can see just how many times Watson missed anticipating a window off of his primary target.
I can think of 3 times alone out of that mesh they run in the bunch trips set.
-
SO it comes down to - how confident are you in your abilities? Do you feel like you can go in and knock the socks off of the coaching staff? If not you don't deserve to be an NFL QB...
Completely disagree... just as much confidence is shown by standing pat.
Plus Davos was live at the Sr. Bowl and, while this may fall under the category of "towing the line", he said Watson had 15 games of wear and tear on him and needed the time to heal up before preparing for the Combine. That's 15 games worth of tape vs. a gamble on 3 days of practice before a "bowl game".
Desahun...

Completely disagree... just as much confidence is shown by standing pat.
Plus Davos was live at the Sr. Bowl and, while this may fall under the category of "towing the line", he said Watson had 15 games of wear and tear on him and needed the time to heal up before preparing for the Combine. That's 15 games worth of tape vs. a gamble on 3 days of practice before a "bowl game".
Desahun...

There is plenty of tape on Watson this year and I watched most of this games, the most part he was just OK, I didn't see a great QB for the first 13 games. The last 2 games he played were by far his best games. So I guess there is something for raising your play in the big games, but he wasn't great in games like Troy or NCSU. No way I draft him in the first round.
-
Smart move by RG4. Don't do anything to help prove you can't play at the next level until after you've signed that big contract.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login