Skip to content

Sheard

The Browns Board
111 14 2.9k
  • @wargograw said:

    I searched Gipson the other day along with all kinds of variations of "judge" and "Cleveland" and found nothing.

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

  • Zombo said:

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

    @wargograw said:

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

    He's an attorney. Judge is his side hustle.

    Zombo

  • @choco said:

    No one gets every move right. No. One.

    seems like you want to argue everytime i say something. fuck.

    no one get's it right everytime but percentage cleveland getting it wrong is greater than every other team with .500 winning record. hell at this point i'll put money on the friign detroit lions drafting better than the browns.....and that was unheard of 15 years ago.

    @miktoxic said:

    seems like you want to argue everytime i say something. fuck.

    no one get's it right everytime but percentage cleveland getting it wrong is greater than every other team with .500 winning record. hell at this point i'll put money on the friign detroit lions drafting better than the browns.....and that was unheard of 15 years ago.

    I miss the Matt Millen era.

    That was fun.

  • @boo-radley said:

    Wait a minute, werent you the Judge caught whittling under his robe during a trial a couple of years ago?

    It was in Ohio. Youre in Ohio. Cayanne county?... no thats not it, Cayahoga county! Yes, thats it. Where do you work?

    I searched Gipson the other day along with all kinds of variations of "judge" and "Cleveland" and found nothing.

    @wargograw said:

    I searched Gipson the other day along with all kinds of variations of "judge" and "Cleveland" and found nothing.

    Are you in legal trouble or are you done with all the foreplay and ready for the real deal?

    <insert steers and queers joke>

  • @wargograw said:

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

    He's an attorney. Judge is his side hustle.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    He's an attorney. Judge is his side hustle.

    But is it true that he has cited himself for contempt several times?

  • OK... just remember...

    Tattaglia's a pimp. It was Barzini all along.

  • @boo-radley said:

    Wait a minute, werent you the Judge caught whittling under his robe during a trial a couple of years ago?

    It was in Ohio. Youre in Ohio. Cayanne county?... no thats not it, Cayahoga county! Yes, thats it. Where do you work?

    I searched Gipson the other day along with all kinds of variations of "judge" and "Cleveland" and found nothing.

    @wargograw said:

    I searched Gipson the other day along with all kinds of variations of "judge" and "Cleveland" and found nothing.

    You wouldn't.

  • @boo-radley said:

    Mingo reminds me of Vernon Gholston.

    Every DL the Browns have drafted in round 1 since 1999 has been a bust. Courtney, Big Money(at least for the Browns he was a bust), Wimbley, Taylor pretty much. Hopefully, Shelton has turned that around.

  • @wargograw said:

    I searched Gipson the other day along with all kinds of variations of "judge" and "Cleveland" and found nothing.

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    Answers: Boo Radley was denying that the Pats and Brady did anything wrong, that they cheated and lied...which they have been adjudicated to have done. He asserted he had "alternative facts". That is why I went off on him.

    And I have admitted I am wrong, many times. Fairly recently even. When I was listing those first round QBs and their "wait" times to start a game, I got a couple wrong about how many games a couple of the waited before starting...including Weeden and Griffin. I thought they waited one game, but they didn't, they missed a game in the season somewhere. Someone went all Kajagoogoo on me over the fact that I made that simple mistake.

    And technically, I am a magistrate. Have done that in 5 different courts. Just one now though.

  • Gipper has mentioned his name at least 800 times on this forum, so I know that he's a real person.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Gipper has mentioned his name at least 800 times on this forum, so I know that he's a real person.

    You know when we had Tashaun I called him my brother from another mother.

    But, that was just metaphorical, not biological.

  • Zombo said:

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

    @wargograw said:

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

    You really that interested? Here it is, it is not something secretive. My name IS Thomas Gipson. My office is in Barberton....which I have referred to many times in talking about James Harrison who went to school at Coventry HS about 2 miles away, and have referred to when talking about Tom Dmitroff....GM of the Falcons, and Josh McDaniels OC of the Patriots, both born at Barberton Citizens Hospital which is about a mile away. ( I was born there as well....just in the older building, not the newer one). As of Thursday Feb. 2 (Groundhog Day) I will have been in practice for 36 years. I serve as the Magistrate in the Doylestown Mayor's Court...have been there for 17 years. In the past I was also Magistrate in Norton for 18 years and Smithville for 5. I have also filled in as a Magistrate in both Barberton and Wadsworth Municipal Courts.(no longer do these. Norton no longer has a MC, and Barberton and Wadsworth have since gone to full time Magistrates, and Smithville was further away and now a more local person handles that). All basically traffic and misdemeanor cases. These courts are all in Summit, Wayne, and Medina Counties, not Cuyahoga.

    Anything else you need/want to know?

  • Zombo said:

    Lol, Gipper is real, I've met him at least a half dozen times, met his wife, he really is an attorney and serves as a judge/justice too.

    Now, I don't know how he ended up getting into it with Boo Radley, I thought old Boo was doing a great job setting the Steelers fans straight, made my life easier. Gipper usually checks out on the weekends, and then comes in swinging Monday morning, and the trivia and surveys are now part of our fabric.

    The fact that he never admits when he is wrong is part of his charm.

    And he has been buddies with Westside Steve since high school.

    That's the story of Gipper.

    Zombo

    Answers: Boo Radley was denying that the Pats and Brady did anything wrong, that they cheated and lied...which they have been adjudicated to have done. He asserted he had "alternative facts". That is why I went off on him.

    And I have admitted I am wrong, many times. Fairly recently even. When I was listing those first round QBs and their "wait" times to start a game, I got a couple wrong about how many games a couple of the waited before starting...including Weeden and Griffin. I thought they waited one game, but they didn't, they missed a game in the season somewhere. Someone went all Kajagoogoo on me over the fact that I made that simple mistake.

    And technically, I am a magistrate. Have done that in 5 different courts. Just one now though.

    @the-gipper said:

    Answers: Boo Radley was denying that the Pats and Brady did anything wrong, that they cheated and lied...which they have been adjudicated to have done. He asserted he had "alternative facts". That is why I went off on him.

    Ahhh, OK. That explains the survey "question" I couldn't wrap my head around.

    Personally, I feel the Pats have pushed the edge a lot and got caught going over the edge (spygate) but there is also a "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" element to the NFL, and nothing they have done abhors me enough to consider them "cheaters" and such. They got busted, but so what? Nothing that makes me alarmed. Just trying to win football games. Falcons got caught doing something too, didn't they? The Browns would be the most pathetic of those who got caught, with the GM texting the coaches ... that was just stupid, did't give us an "edge".

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    Answers: Boo Radley was denying that the Pats and Brady did anything wrong, that they cheated and lied...which they have been adjudicated to have done. He asserted he had "alternative facts". That is why I went off on him.

    Ahhh, OK. That explains the survey "question" I couldn't wrap my head around.

    Personally, I feel the Pats have pushed the edge a lot and got caught going over the edge (spygate) but there is also a "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" element to the NFL, and nothing they have done abhors me enough to consider them "cheaters" and such. They got busted, but so what? Nothing that makes me alarmed. Just trying to win football games. Falcons got caught doing something too, didn't they? The Browns would be the most pathetic of those who got caught, with the GM texting the coaches ... that was just stupid, did't give us an "edge".

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Ahhh, OK. That explains the survey "question" I couldn't wrap my head around.

    Personally, I feel the Pats have pushed the edge a lot and got caught going over the edge (spygate) but there is also a "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" element to the NFL, and nothing they have done abhors me enough to consider them "cheaters" and such. They got busted, but so what? Nothing that makes me alarmed. Just trying to win football games. Falcons got caught doing something too, didn't they? The Browns would be the most pathetic of those who got caught, with the GM texting the coaches ... that was just stupid, did't give us an "edge".

    Zombo

    Hell, I just heard that guy in the front office of the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals got caught hacking the files of the Houston Astros, looking for their scouting reports or some such thing. For this, the Cards lost their #1 and #2 picks in the baseball draft, and got fined a substantial amount...perhaps as much as several million dollars....and, the guy now has a lifetime ban from the MLB....and...is doing a prison sentence for it.

    I get the whole principle of what you are saying: "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" "everybody does it". OK....but for Boo etc.....just don't as a fan deny the fact of what happened when your team is caught.

    Maybe everybody does do it. And the Pats don't really need to do it. They are good enough not to. And the other thing for Boo is: maybe youze guys shouldn't be mad at Goodell for doing his job.....be mad at the Pats for sucking at cheating because they keep getting caught.

  • FYI....as Magistrate, I have had a few "famous" people in front of me:

    I had Maverick Carter in on 3 different occasions. When LeBron lived down on the south side of Wadsworth, he would drive through Norton coming or going and he would speed by doing like 100 in a 35 mph zone. One time he had an attorney in with him, and things worked out. The next couple of times he just came in himself and took care of the ticket. We had some conversations that were friendly...about the Cavs etc. The last time he came in I basically told him that he really had to slow down here or else he could kill someone or himself. I think that helped. He never showed up after that. Of course, maybe LeBron moved by then, not sure.

    Another person was Dean Chance. Cy Young award winning pitcher mostly for the Angels...and a bit with the Mets, Tigers and even Indians. He lived in Wooster (and he died last year of a Heart attack) He actually was caught driving under a suspended license. But that was taken care of. He too was very friendly and apologetic about it.

    The one other guy that was in was Jeff Phelps. Out of towners may not know him but he was a local sportscaster for WUAB. He now does pre and post game shows for the Cavs on FoxSports Ohio and a radio sports talk show. He was not nice about things. He came off as kind of a pluperfect prick in fact. I think he eventually ended up pleading (it was a speeding charge), but not until after he had some unkind words about the police that stopped him.

    These cases were all long ago and were all public record, so no ethical violation is at hand in telling you this stuff.

  • @boo-radley said:

    Why?

    50% of the people on this board could pick a stud in round 1.

    Who the hell knows. Any one of us looking at the CBS draft prospect lists or WalterFootball could have probably drafted better than the Browns over the years.

  • @boo-radley said:

    No, I did not.

    Go back and look.

    I think you did. You clearly to continue to deny it.

    Like always there is more to the story.

    Peoples minds are not going to change regardless.

    Oh? and its some kind of big secret that only you know? Have you told the commissioner? Maybe with your new information he will give the Pats their money back....and give them their draft choices back...and award them the Super Bowl title without having to play the game!!!

  • @boo-radley said:

    No, I did not.

    OK, then you hereby admit then that the Patriots cheated. That Tom Brady cheated. That Tom Brady lied and tried to cover his cheating up. That the other owners have gotten tired of this act, and it is they that came down hard on Goodell to come down hard on the Pats. And that he is simply doing their bidding in having done so.

    Your statement of admission has been duly recorded.

  • @boo-radley said:

    I admit that there is more to the story.

    I admit that sometimes its best to settle to end a distraction.

    Now....everyone knows why I compare you to a Steeler fan. You prevaricate, obfuscate, and turn craven.

  • @boo-radley said:

    I admit that there is more to the story.

    I admit that sometimes its best to settle to end a distraction.

    Now....everyone knows why I compare you to a Steeler fan. You prevaricate, obfuscate, and turn craven.

    @the-gipper said:

    Now....everyone knows why I compare you to a Steeler fan. You prevaricate, obfuscate, and turn craven.

    "Sayeth the craven, "Nevermore!" 😉

  • @wargograw said:

    His name is not Gipson, he's not a judge, or he's some super secret judge protected from presence on the internet. Only possibilities here.

    You really that interested? Here it is, it is not something secretive. My name IS Thomas Gipson. My office is in Barberton....which I have referred to many times in talking about James Harrison who went to school at Coventry HS about 2 miles away, and have referred to when talking about Tom Dmitroff....GM of the Falcons, and Josh McDaniels OC of the Patriots, both born at Barberton Citizens Hospital which is about a mile away. ( I was born there as well....just in the older building, not the newer one). As of Thursday Feb. 2 (Groundhog Day) I will have been in practice for 36 years. I serve as the Magistrate in the Doylestown Mayor's Court...have been there for 17 years. In the past I was also Magistrate in Norton for 18 years and Smithville for 5. I have also filled in as a Magistrate in both Barberton and Wadsworth Municipal Courts.(no longer do these. Norton no longer has a MC, and Barberton and Wadsworth have since gone to full time Magistrates, and Smithville was further away and now a more local person handles that). All basically traffic and misdemeanor cases. These courts are all in Summit, Wayne, and Medina Counties, not Cuyahoga.

    Anything else you need/want to know?

    @the-gipper said:

    You really that interested? Here it is, it is not something secretive. My name IS Thomas Gipson. My office is in Barberton....which I have referred to many times in talking about James Harrison who went to school at Coventry HS about 2 miles away, and have referred to when talking about Tom Dmitroff....GM of the Falcons, and Josh McDaniels OC of the Patriots, both born at Barberton Citizens Hospital which is about a mile away. ( I was born there as well....just in the older building, not the newer one). As of Thursday Feb. 2 (Groundhog Day) I will have been in practice for 36 years. I serve as the Magistrate in the Doylestown Mayor's Court...have been there for 17 years. In the past I was also Magistrate in Norton for 18 years and Smithville for 5. I have also filled in as a Magistrate in both Barberton and Wadsworth Municipal Courts.(no longer do these. Norton no longer has a MC, and Barberton and Wadsworth have since gone to full time Magistrates, and Smithville was further away and now a more local person handles that). All basically traffic and misdemeanor cases. These courts are all in Summit, Wayne, and Medina Counties, not Cuyahoga.

    Anything else you need/want to know?

    I think War needs to look up the difference between a magistrate and a judge. 🙂 And I will testify that Gip is a real person, unless I had a very convincing ghost in the car on the way to the Titans game in Nashville. I can also add he's interested in antiques.