Skip to content

NFL Divisional shake up- changes needed

Locked The Browns Board
45 8 1.3k
  • I wouldn't mind going to the "cleveland tigers".

    @clevfan4life said:

    I wouldn't mind going to the "cleveland tigers".

    You realize that Bengals are tigers, right?

    Zombo

  • @ghoolie said:

    Cleveland does not have 13 fucking titles. They have the 1964 NFL Championship and 12 Boyscout Badges earned with leather helmets

    I should think that we could go back to the 1950's and have 4 titles to our credit.

    The Browns in Cleveland are a fake team. The Browns are in Baltimore and are now called the Ravens.

    There are other ways for someone to say, "Whoh, that's not my team any more!" The team doesn't have to move. The owner could sell the team...and change the entire front office...and start hacking the players off the team for new ones....this owner could change the uniforms into clown outfits...

    What if the Browns never moved? And Art ended up selling the team to Haslam? - "Hey, that's not the organization that 'I' rooted for. MY team's gone and dead forever"

  • Since we can claim areas now for titles, let's just lump west PA in there and get Pittsburghs too.

    Maybe extend out to the coast and up to Canada and grab all of NE's as well.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Since we can claim areas now for titles, let's just lump west PA in there and get Pittsburghs too.

    Maybe extend out to the coast and up to Canada and grab all of NE's as well.

    NFL uses the 75 mile radius as a teams natural market. You know that from the blackout rules. In a few areas there is some overlap.

    I don't know if you have ever lived in Northeast Ohio, but if you are trying to claim that Akron and Canton are not part of the greater Cleveland market area, well, you just know nothing Jon Snow.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Cleveland does not have 13 fucking titles. They have the 1964 NFL Championship and 12 Boyscout Badges earned with leather helmets playing mostly opponents who were confined to an iron lung. They didn't even have jackstraps in those days, they used hollowed out orange halves held on by rubber bands.

    NOrtheast Ohio owns 13 Pro Football Championships. No Steelerfag thought process can ever change the truth.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Cleveland does not have 13 fucking titles. They have the 1964 NFL Championship and 12 Boyscout Badges earned with leather helmets

    I should think that we could go back to the 1950's and have 4 titles to our credit.

    The Browns in Cleveland are a fake team. The Browns are in Baltimore and are now called the Ravens.

    There are other ways for someone to say, "Whoh, that's not my team any more!" The team doesn't have to move. The owner could sell the team...and change the entire front office...and start hacking the players off the team for new ones....this owner could change the uniforms into clown outfits...

    What if the Browns never moved? And Art ended up selling the team to Haslam? - "Hey, that's not the organization that 'I' rooted for. MY team's gone and dead forever"

    @orion said:

    I should think that we could go back to the 1950's and have 4 titles to our credit.

    We go back to the 1920 season when the NFL was formed...and we have 13 titles to our credit.

    To deny that fact would be like saying that Al Smith and Wendell Wilkie and Thomas Dewey and Adlai Stevenson and George McGovern actually became Presidents of the USA. You can't change historical facts

    There are other ways for someone to say, "Whoh, that's not my team any more!" The team doesn't have to move. The owner could sell the team...and change the entire front office...and start hacking the players off the team for new ones....this owner could change the uniforms into clown outfits...

    What if the Browns never moved? And Art ended up selling the team to Haslam? - "Hey, that's not the organization that 'I' rooted for. MY team's gone and dead forever"

    I don't know, with some it seems like they must think that every time there is a change in ownership, or a change in a GM, or a change in a coach that " that's not the team it used to be".

    Well, once upon a time the SF 49ers were owned by Ed DeBartolo and were the best team in the game. Now they are owned by Jed York are about the worst team in the game. Does that mean that the 49ers are not longer the 49ers....just because ownership changed and they now suck?

    Absurd.

  • @orion said:

    I should think that we could go back to the 1950's and have 4 titles to our credit.

    We go back to the 1920 season when the NFL was formed...and we have 13 titles to our credit.

    To deny that fact would be like saying that Al Smith and Wendell Wilkie and Thomas Dewey and Adlai Stevenson and George McGovern actually became Presidents of the USA. You can't change historical facts

    There are other ways for someone to say, "Whoh, that's not my team any more!" The team doesn't have to move. The owner could sell the team...and change the entire front office...and start hacking the players off the team for new ones....this owner could change the uniforms into clown outfits...

    What if the Browns never moved? And Art ended up selling the team to Haslam? - "Hey, that's not the organization that 'I' rooted for. MY team's gone and dead forever"

    I don't know, with some it seems like they must think that every time there is a change in ownership, or a change in a GM, or a change in a coach that " that's not the team it used to be".

    Well, once upon a time the SF 49ers were owned by Ed DeBartolo and were the best team in the game. Now they are owned by Jed York are about the worst team in the game. Does that mean that the 49ers are not longer the 49ers....just because ownership changed and they now suck?

    Absurd.

    @the-gipper said:

    @orion said:

    I don't know, with some it seems like they must think that every time there is a change in ownership, or a change in a GM, or a change in a coach that " that's not the team it used to be".

    Well, once upon a time the SF 49ers were owned by Ed DeBartolo and were the best team in the game. Now they are owned by Jed York are about the worst team in the game. Does that mean that the 49ers are not longer the 49ers....just because ownership changed and they now suck?

    Absurd.

    Quite right. Absurd.

    We all could have said, 'Hey, that's not my team anymore.' when Belleyache kicked Kosar out and inserted Todd Philcox.

    It is what it is. You're either a Browns fan, or you're not. If not, then ya can go root for the Cowboys or the reigning super bowl champ like every other non-committal.

  • The USA has 50 Super Bowl victories.

    The Browns are part of the USA.

    The Browns have 50 Super Bowl victories.

  • The USA has 50 Super Bowl victories.

    The Browns are part of the USA.

    The Browns have 50 Super Bowl victories.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The USA has 50 Super Bowl victories.

    The Browns are part of the USA.

    The Browns have 50 Super Bowl victories.

    I mean, if you are a rootless vagabond with no ties to a particular location....or if you are a FRAK, you can perhaps have that attitude.

    But most of us have an identity with our home towns, home regions.

    A person without an identity with a place, culture or origin is like a tree without roots.

    In other words, Tumbleweed.

    How do you like blowing in the wind?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The USA has 50 Super Bowl victories.

    The Browns are part of the USA.

    The Browns have 50 Super Bowl victories.

    I mean, if you are a rootless vagabond with no ties to a particular location....or if you are a FRAK, you can perhaps have that attitude.

    But most of us have an identity with our home towns, home regions.

    A person without an identity with a place, culture or origin is like a tree without roots.

    In other words, Tumbleweed.

    How do you like blowing in the wind?

    @the-gipper said:

    I mean, if you are a rootless vagabond with no ties to a particular location....or if you are a FRAK, you can perhaps have that attitude.

    But most of us have an identity with our home towns, home regions.

    A person without an identity with a place, culture or origin is like a tree without roots.

    In other words, Tumbleweed.

    How do you like blowing in the wind?

    I'm from America. That's my identity. The Browns are from America too. We have 50 Super Bowl rings. Tied for the best in the league!
  • Gipper, when most fans of a team don't want to claim certain "titles," you should probably just give it up.

  • Gipper, when most fans of a team don't want to claim certain "titles," you should probably just give it up.

    @wargograw said:

    Gipper, when most fans of a team don't want to claim certain "titles," you should probably just give it up.

    Facts are facts. Truth is truth. In the history of Pro Football going back to 1920, Northeast Ohio has won 13 Championships. I can list them if you would like. It doesn't matter what people think, or claim, or have an attachment to.

    Its like saying: "I didn't vote for Donald Trump, I don't like Donald Trump, I don't want to claim him as my President ergo, he is not my President". Well....he IS, whether you like it, or claim it or not.

    Facts are fact, Truth is truth.

  • And we are the good ol' Northeast Ohio Browns

  • And we are the good ol' Northeast Ohio Browns

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And we are the good ol' Northeast Ohio Browns

    That is absolutely true. I would venture to say that 85-90% of people that attend the games live outside of Cleveland proper.

    I suspect this could be verified if just the zip codes of all season ticket holders were published.

  • I do love the way "Northeast Ohio" is painted across the front of the jerseys. It's a nice touch.

  • I do love the way "Northeast Ohio" is painted across the front of the jerseys. It's a nice touch.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I do love the way "Northeast Ohio" is painted across the front of the jerseys. It's a nice touch.

    I mean, a ton of teams don't even play in the city in which they have on their jerseys:

    The East Rutherford Jets/Giants

    The Orchard Park Bills

    The Landover Redskins

    The Miami Gardens Dolphins

    The Independence Chiefs

    The Arlington Cowboys

    The Glendale Cardinals

    Neither LA team will actually play in LA.

    Not to speak of teams that use an entire state: Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings. New England Patriots (Not even a state), Arizona Cardinals.

    Yes, despite bearing the name of a particular city, all NFL...hell, all major league sports teams are really regional entities.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I do love the way "Northeast Ohio" is painted across the front of the jerseys. It's a nice touch.

    I mean, a ton of teams don't even play in the city in which they have on their jerseys:

    The East Rutherford Jets/Giants

    The Orchard Park Bills

    The Landover Redskins

    The Miami Gardens Dolphins

    The Independence Chiefs

    The Arlington Cowboys

    The Glendale Cardinals

    Neither LA team will actually play in LA.

    Not to speak of teams that use an entire state: Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings. New England Patriots (Not even a state), Arizona Cardinals.

    Yes, despite bearing the name of a particular city, all NFL...hell, all major league sports teams are really regional entities.

    @the-gipper said:

    I mean, a ton of teams don't even play in the city in which they have on their jerseys:

    The East Rutherford Jets/Giants

    The Orchard Park Bills

    The Landover Redskins

    The Miami Gardens Dolphins

    The Independence Chiefs

    The Arlington Cowboys

    The Glendale Cardinals

    Neither LA team will actually play in LA.

    Not to speak of teams that use an entire state: Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings. New England Patriots (Not even a state), Arizona Cardinals.

    Yes, despite bearing the name of a particular city, all NFL...hell, all major league sports teams are really regional entities.

    But you don't see those teams claiming titles won by other teams in their area, do you?

    Or do the Jets get a ring every time the Giants win?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, a ton of teams don't even play in the city in which they have on their jerseys:

    The East Rutherford Jets/Giants

    The Orchard Park Bills

    The Landover Redskins

    The Miami Gardens Dolphins

    The Independence Chiefs

    The Arlington Cowboys

    The Glendale Cardinals

    Neither LA team will actually play in LA.

    Not to speak of teams that use an entire state: Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings. New England Patriots (Not even a state), Arizona Cardinals.

    Yes, despite bearing the name of a particular city, all NFL...hell, all major league sports teams are really regional entities.

    But you don't see those teams claiming titles won by other teams in their area, do you?

    Or do the Jets get a ring every time the Giants win?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    But you don't see those teams claiming titles won by other teams in their area, do you?

    Or do the Jets get a ring every time the Giants win?

    You are confusing a "team title" with a "city/region" title. No, the Giants don't claim the Jets titles, nor vice versa....but New York claims them both.

    I mean, would you be one of those that says something like "Baltimore cannot claim that its team won titles when it was the Colts that won that title back in the day....those now belong to Indianapolis". Absurd beyond belief.

    FYI, it is the "Cleveland" and not "the Browns" that make that franchise a public trust of this entire area.

    I mean....you are, or were from South Carolina...or was it the Outer Banks. And we have a team called the "Carolina Panthers". It claims all of two states apparently as its "home" base.

    The Cleveland Browns claim all of Northeast Ohio as its home market area. Don't believe me, call and ask them.

    And the fact that franchises may have come and gone (moved or gone defunct) makes it no less so. Teams from this area are all part of this area's history. Browns, Bulldogs, Pros, Rams. It don't matter. They are or were all Northeast Ohio teams.

    I mean, do you think that when the Cavs played in Richfield that they were any less "Greater Cleveland's" team. No.

    I don't know. From what I gather, you have never lived here. Maybe you have loyalty to just the one team that you decided to become a fan of. But that is NOT the feeling of the natives around here.

    I mean, I live closer to both Akron and Canton than Cleveland. Does that mean, by your reckoning that I can't be a fan of Cleveland teams...because, after all, I am not from Cleveland?

    No, again, maybe it it your non-residency that gives you such a narrow point of view.

    But...that ain't "Us".

  • Okay, cool. So I claim all titles won in America, then...since we're just making shit up.

    Glad we got to the bottom of this.

  • Okay, cool. So I claim all titles won in America, then...since we're just making shit up.

    Glad we got to the bottom of this.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Okay, cool. So I claim all titles won in America, then...since we're just making shit up.

    Glad we got to the bottom of this.

    Again, can't help it that you are a rootless tool.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Okay, cool. So I claim all titles won in America, then...since we're just making shit up.

    Glad we got to the bottom of this.

    Again, can't help it that you are a rootless tool.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, can't help it that you are a rootless tool.

    But at least I claim all those championships.