Skip to content

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

Locked The Browns Board
665 52 23.6k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    2018 first?

    crazy talk, McFagley. Go back to Bill,Kraft,the guys that carry's the muskets & the cheerleaders from your local Hooters & tell them any additional 1st rounder won't happen & quit cheating so our friend D'Quell Jackson can retire with a fully non-inflatable football..Tell Bill "no days off" is properly cheating also..

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    No, not 2 first rounders.

    1 first rounder. Those guys are all gone golfing in the warm weather.

    The way you fawn over him it seems that JG stands for Jesus Godalmighty. News for you: he ain't quite that good.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/02/18/patriots-have-decision-make-jimmy-garoppolo/raU8vft3WJv5idnGiK4W7N/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

    Not like we've been saying the same stuff 400 posts later. If the Patriots aren't sure, why should the Browns be? Forget about the #12, not happening. 🙂

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Nobody is going to trade a high first for G.

    never going to happen.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    That's the big question...will a team like the 49's or Bears go absolutely bananas and trade away their absurdly high pick for a QB? My brain says, "Hell no, why are we even talking about this?!", but then I think about how important the QB position is. I think, "Trading the #3 pick for Garoppolo is basically the same thing as DRAFTING a QB at #3, so instead of getting a rookie QB there, they'll be getting a guy with at least SOME experience."

    Like I said, I really don't see it happening, but look at the QB's available this draft. Who would you start day 1? Kyle Shanahan is coaching the 49's, and there have been several reports stating he liked Garoppolo coming out of college. What if him coaching the 49's was contingent on the team doing everything they could to trade for Garoppolo? Think about it, why would Shanahan take the job in San Francisco when they're a bigger mess than we are? Kaepernick is all but gone, Blaine Gabbert is...well...he's Blaine Gabbert, and if a new head coach has the choice between drafting a rookie QB, or trading for one he liked coming out of college, AND has some experience...who does he choose?

    I agree, the Bears OR the 49's trading their ridiculously high pick for JG is CRAZY, but then again, did anybody think the Eagles were going to get what THEY got from the Vikings for Bradford?? (I know it's NOWHERE near applies to oranges, but just pointing out how nutso the trade was).

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Funny.

    Brownie fans still believe they can trade for Garappolo without parting with buttloads of draft picks and bags full of cash. Their team has both things in great abundance but Browns fans still believe the team can find a QB cheaply, keep all of it's draft picks, and most importantly...not compromise the 1st overall pick. In short, brownie fans want to have their cake...eat their cake...and fuck their cake too.

    Meanwhile, the Patriots are busy telling anyone who'll listen that they won't trade Garappolo under almost any circumstance, and if you believe them...as MMQB scribe Peter King does...it leaves the Browns with only two serious choices.

    First, grossly overdraft college 1-year wonder Mitch Trubisky...who may not even be worthy of a 1st round pick...and would likely cost you the chance to draft a rare talent at DE. (You should do this.)

    Second, agree to send far too much in trade booty to Cincinnati for AJ McCarron. King specifically mentions pick #33 as a likely starting point, but concedes it will take more to get the job done.

    That's it.

    King barely mentions the possibility of Tyrod Taylor becoming a fresher blacker Tarkenton before dismissing the idea, and he doesn't seem to take seriously the idea of a later drafted QB like a Jake Mahomes as the new starting QB in Cleveland.

    Made it sound like McCarron is the front runner...if not the only serious alternative to Trubisky.

    Again, funny.

  • Funny.

    Brownie fans still believe they can trade for Garappolo without parting with buttloads of draft picks and bags full of cash. Their team has both things in great abundance but Browns fans still believe the team can find a QB cheaply, keep all of it's draft picks, and most importantly...not compromise the 1st overall pick. In short, brownie fans want to have their cake...eat their cake...and fuck their cake too.

    Meanwhile, the Patriots are busy telling anyone who'll listen that they won't trade Garappolo under almost any circumstance, and if you believe them...as MMQB scribe Peter King does...it leaves the Browns with only two serious choices.

    First, grossly overdraft college 1-year wonder Mitch Trubisky...who may not even be worthy of a 1st round pick...and would likely cost you the chance to draft a rare talent at DE. (You should do this.)

    Second, agree to send far too much in trade booty to Cincinnati for AJ McCarron. King specifically mentions pick #33 as a likely starting point, but concedes it will take more to get the job done.

    That's it.

    King barely mentions the possibility of Tyrod Taylor becoming a fresher blacker Tarkenton before dismissing the idea, and he doesn't seem to take seriously the idea of a later drafted QB like a Jake Mahomes as the new starting QB in Cleveland.

    Made it sound like McCarron is the front runner...if not the only serious alternative to Trubisky.

    Again, funny.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Funny.

    Brownie fans still believe they can trade for Garappolo without parting with buttloads of draft picks and bags full of cash. Their team has both things in great abundance but Browns fans still believe the team can find a QB cheaply, keep all of it's draft picks, and most importantly...not compromise the 1st overall pick. In short, brownie fans want to have their cake...eat their cake...and fuck their cake too.

    A lot of us want to use that #1 pick on someone we think will be better. Have you not been paying attention there?

    Meanwhile, the Patriots are busy telling anyone who'll listen that they won't trade Garappolo under almost any circumstance, and if you believe them...as MMQB scribe Peter King does...it leaves the Browns with only two serious choices.

    First, grossly overdraft college 1-year wonder Mitch Trubisky...who may not even be worthy of a 1st round pick...and would likely cost you the chance to draft a rare talent at DE. (You should do this.)

    Another Courtney Brown/Kam Wimbley/Barkevious Mingo? You have no clue how good or bad this guy would be.

    Second, agree to send far too much in trade booty to Cincinnati for AJ McCarron. King specifically mentions pick #33 as a likely starting point, but concedes it will take more to get the job done.

    A non sequiter.....not an option...as far a I am concerned. But....since Hue was his coach, you never know. You focus on McCarron....but there are a dozen other guys out there.

    That's it.

    King barely mentions the possibility of Tyrod Taylor becoming a fresher blacker Tarkenton before dismissing the idea, and he doesn't seem to take seriously the idea of a later drafted QB like a Jake Mahomes as the new starting QB in Cleveland.

    Made it sound like McCarron is the front runner...if not the only serious alternative to Trubisky.

    Again, funny.

    Oh, there are any number of other options: drafting a different QB from MT, drafting someone lower in the draft. Picking up some veteran FA.

    ...wait till next year. Start Kessler. Not good options....but options.

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gip---Of course you want to use the 1st overall pick on something else. But doing so almost guarantees you won't get a QB at #12 either. Which means Garappolo would be your best option if he were available, but King agrees he isn't. And that leaves trading for McCarron as your best option, prompting you to blather something about Dick Shiner and a bunch of stupid talk about how you and the rest of the fanboys here wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for a chance to get better.

    Like you just said, not good options...but options.

    Or like I said, funny.

  • Gip---Of course you want to use the 1st overall pick on something else. But doing so almost guarantees you won't get a QB at #12 either. Which means Garappolo would be your best option if he were available, but King agrees he isn't. And that leaves trading for McCarron as your best option, prompting you to blather something about Dick Shiner and a bunch of stupid talk about how you and the rest of the fanboys here wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for a chance to get better.

    Like you just said, not good options...but options.

    Or like I said, funny.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gip---Of course you want to use the 1st overall pick on something else. But doing so almost guarantees you won't get a QB at #12 either. Which means Garappolo would be your best option if he were available, but King agrees he isn't. And that leaves trading for McCarron as your best option, prompting you to blather something about Dick Shiner and a bunch of stupid talk about how you and the rest of the fanboys here wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for a chance to get better.

    Like you just said, not good options...but options.

    Or like I said, funny.

    Well...if the Browns use #1 on a QB...they won't need to use #12.

    And I don't believe McCarron is a good option...because as I said, trades between division members just don't happen any more. And he isn't the thing we need anyway.

    And JG may be an option...but I said I would not use our #1 #12 or #33 for him......but I certainly may use #52. That is a second round pick....so yes, I would use a second round pick on him. I think #52 would be fair, just and adequate compensation to the Pat for JG.

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gip---You keep acting like a lowball offer is going to move the Patriots or the Bengals. In reality, both teams would be very well served to keep their young backup QB's if they aren't offered inflated compensation. Furthermore, to argue you would use pick #52 in trade but not pick #33 is just proof you don't know the value of what you're bidding on.

    Regardless, to defend the lowball offer strategy you immediately remind me how the Browns could use the 1st overall pick on Trubisky....something you've already admitted nearly everyone here is trying to avoid.

    Seems to me you're trapped in a whirlpool or vortex of stupidity, always steadfastly denying the true cost of the bad options that confront you.

  • Gip---You keep acting like a lowball offer is going to move the Patriots or the Bengals. In reality, both teams would be very well served to keep their young backup QB's if they aren't offered inflated compensation. Furthermore, to argue you would use pick #52 in trade but not pick #33 is just proof you don't know the value of what you're bidding on.

    Regardless, to defend the lowball offer strategy you immediately remind me how the Browns could use the 1st overall pick on Trubisky....something you've already admitted nearly everyone here is trying to avoid.

    Seems to me you're trapped in a whirlpool or vortex of stupidity, always steadfastly denying the true cost of the bad options that confront you.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gip---You keep acting like a lowball offer is going to move the Patriots or the Bengals. In reality, both teams would be very well served to keep their young backup QB's if they aren't offered inflated compensation. Furthermore, to argue you would use pick #52 in trade but not pick #33 is just proof you don't know the value of what you're bidding on.

    Regardless, to defend the lowball offer strategy you immediately remind me how the Browns could use the 1st overall pick on Trubisky....something you've already admitted nearly everyone here is trying to avoid.

    Seems to me you're trapped in a whirlpool or vortex of stupidity, always steadfastly denying the true cost of the bad options that confront you.

    Well, the general consensus around here Uma is the #52 is plenty enough to offer for Garropolo, and even less for McCarron. If you think it's a lowball offer, fine. I've seen too many trades that burned the team thinking the player they got was going to be a stud. MHO is Garropolo and McCarron are fool's gold.

    As usual, the team holding the asset just might be overvaluing it. We don't really need either, playing Kessler is an option. I've already said it would be nuts for the Browns to trade a high pick to the Bengals,so get that thought out of your mind.

  • Gip---You keep acting like a lowball offer is going to move the Patriots or the Bengals. In reality, both teams would be very well served to keep their young backup QB's if they aren't offered inflated compensation. Furthermore, to argue you would use pick #52 in trade but not pick #33 is just proof you don't know the value of what you're bidding on.

    Regardless, to defend the lowball offer strategy you immediately remind me how the Browns could use the 1st overall pick on Trubisky....something you've already admitted nearly everyone here is trying to avoid.

    Seems to me you're trapped in a whirlpool or vortex of stupidity, always steadfastly denying the true cost of the bad options that confront you.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gip---You keep acting like a lowball offer is going to move the Patriots or the Bengals. In reality, both teams would be very well served to keep their young backup QB's if they aren't offered inflated compensation. Furthermore, to argue you would use pick #52 in trade but not pick #33 is just proof you don't know the value of what you're bidding on.

    You just don't get it......It is not a matter of it being a lowball offer....it is a matter of what I, me, myself, moi....put on the commodities that you are asking to be traded for.

    Me, myself and I...have no interest in paying more than #52 for JG (that does not mean the Browns FO may not go higher)

    And I, me, myself put "the value" on whatever it is that I am bidding on. And that value for JG is #52. (again, maybe that is not what the Browns FO values it at)

    Again....what is it that YOU don't understand? You don't understand my thinking.....or you don't understand why my thinking doesn't match up with yours? I can't speak to the former...but the latter would be: because you are obtuse.

    Regardless, to defend the lowball offer strategy you immediately remind me how the Browns could use the 1st overall pick on Trubisky....something you've already admitted nearly everyone here is trying to avoid.

    And I need to remind you that I don't give a flying fuck what nearly everyone else on here would do. I, me, myself....would use that #1 pick on MT...because I...me, myself, value his talents that high.

    You don't have to agree with me. You just have to not be obtuse and realize that this is what I...me, myself...think.

    Now...my hope is NOT that you agree with me...or that everyothermotherfucker on this board agree with me....but that the Browns FO agree with me.

    Am I saying that I am optimistic that they will do so? No, not really.

    Seems to me you're trapped in a whirlpool or vortex of stupidity, always steadfastly denying the true cost of the bad options that confront you.

    Your ignorance....your dullness of wit......your failure to comprehend simple concepts is beyond measure.

    This is what I....The Gipper...believe.

    Why are you so goddamn dumb as to not understand that?

    If the cost of getting JG is #12...or #33....I don't want the Browns to do it. How can I make that more simple for you to understand?

    If the cost of getting AJ McCarron is similar....I don't want the Browns to do it. How can I make that more simple for you to understand?

    I do want them to Take Trubisky with the #1 pick. That is a cost that I do want to Browns to make. How can I make that more simple for you to understand?

    As for the other options: Taylor, or some other drafted QB, I have not developed my thoughts on what I would want the Browns to give up for them.

    It is not my current priority to assess those factors. How can I make that more simple for you to understand?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Youre dead on. Belichick wont give Garropolo away like Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones.

    If no team steps up now BB will just wait until pre season and see if another Teddy Twatwater situation arises. Look for Garrapolo to get a lot of snaps in pre season games.

    And that is fine. I do NOT want the Browns to overpay for that commodity.

    I mean...I REFUSE to pay $9.00 for a beer at the stadium.

    I don't think Umadogg gets it. He thinks, apparently, that I HAVE to buy that $9.00 beer. I DO NOT have to buy a fucking $9.00 beer. I do not have to buy JG for the #1, 12, or 33 pick.

    I may pay $4.00 for that beer....and that is still twice what it should be. I may pay #52 for JG...and that may still be twice what he is worth...but like the $4.00 beer I may go ahead and get it/him.

    I will do without beer at $9.00. I will do without JG/McC...for whatever it seems that Umadogg believes that I MUST pay for them.

    I will do without them.

    There are other options: I can till I get home or to the bar afterward to buy beer.

    I can acquire another QB for a more realistic price. I can draft a QB.

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gipper---Nobody gives a crap what you personally would do. You're just some traffic court judge hiding in his office avoiding work.

    Constantly tossing out low ball offers is just another way of avoiding serious debate. A bunch of fanboys pretending how tough they'd be in negotiations.

    And small wonder you're in favor of drafting Trubisky 1st overall, the one strategy that everyone from Polian to Casserly to King agrees is the worst.

    How many times are you guys going to convince yourself you're being smart by drafting the lesser player?

  • Gipper---Nobody gives a crap what you personally would do. You're just some traffic court judge hiding in his office avoiding work.

    Constantly tossing out low ball offers is just another way of avoiding serious debate. A bunch of fanboys pretending how tough they'd be in negotiations.

    And small wonder you're in favor of drafting Trubisky 1st overall, the one strategy that everyone from Polian to Casserly to King agrees is the worst.

    How many times are you guys going to convince yourself you're being smart by drafting the lesser player?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Nobody gives a crap what you personally would do. You're just some traffic court judge hiding in his office avoiding work.

    Constantly tossing out low ball offers is just another way of avoiding serious debate. A bunch of fanboys pretending how tough they'd be in negotiations.

    And small wonder you're in favor of drafting Trubisky 1st overall, the one strategy that everyone from Polian to Casserly to King agrees is the worst.

    How many times are you guys going to convince yourself you're being smart by drafting the lesser player?

    There's really no debate- I'd call it a standoff, and you're not going to change Gip's mind. There's no right or wrong in the discussion. You think your commodity is worth X, and Gip (and most Browns fans) thinks it's worth Y. Garropolo and McCarron are far from being the Browns only options. So tough if we think the Browns FO just may value another commodity higher at the given asking price. & FWIW, based on last year they seem to highly value draft picks.

    It's as simple as this to my mind. You're saying (maybe) the Bengals shopped McCarron last year. Didn't get what you wanted. No difference to someone putting a house up for sale at $250,000 and all the offers came in at $150,000. So you decide to keep the house. Looks like you overvalued the house, or just maybe you think you're going to get what you want next year. Personally, I wouldn't count on it.

    Takes two to agree on a price, and you and me aren't the ones handling the negotiations. 🙂

  • Gipper---Nobody gives a crap what you personally would do. You're just some traffic court judge hiding in his office avoiding work.

    Constantly tossing out low ball offers is just another way of avoiding serious debate. A bunch of fanboys pretending how tough they'd be in negotiations.

    And small wonder you're in favor of drafting Trubisky 1st overall, the one strategy that everyone from Polian to Casserly to King agrees is the worst.

    How many times are you guys going to convince yourself you're being smart by drafting the lesser player?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Nobody gives a crap what you personally would do. You're just some traffic court judge hiding in his office avoiding work.

    Constantly tossing out low ball offers is just another way of avoiding serious debate. A bunch of fanboys pretending how tough they'd be in negotiations.

    And small wonder you're in favor of drafting Trubisky 1st overall, the one strategy that everyone from Polian to Casserly to King agrees is the worst.

    How many times are you guys going to convince yourself you're being smart by drafting the lesser player?

    Of course nobody in a position of power in the Browns gives a shit what I think.....and they give even less of a shit about what you think. Your overinflation of the value of certain commodities is BY NO MEANS guaranteed to happen.

    And you have never, ever apparently engaged in any serious kind of negotiation....the kind that I do all the time as an attorney.

    In EVERY negotiation there is ALWAYS a lowball offer made. I mean, clearly you never learned this in your job as a garbage collector.

    And....fyi, both Polian and Casserly also said that drafting the QBs last year high....Wentz and Goff....was a bad strategy.

    Now we know how certain NFL FOs took their advice to heart, don't we.

    And...you, nor I have no fucking clue who the lesser player is going to be.

    I mean, clearly the Browns have drafted lesser players than they projected they were drafting.

    I mean, you are really doing your best Ace Ventura impression...talking out of your ass and all.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    I hear Trubinsky is very raw.

    Again....the only knock anyone has ever said against him is that he is "inexperienced". Sure, he is that. You got anything else?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Youre dead on. Belichick wont give Garropolo away like Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones.

    If no team steps up now BB will just wait until pre season and see if another Teddy Twatwater situation arises. Look for Garrapolo to get a lot of snaps in pre season games.

    Backups get lots of preseason snaps... Revelatory post.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    Im guessing JG gets more than usual.

    Jacoby Brissett may get more yet. If they do trade JG somewhere before the season...which they may try to do, then he will be out of their picture and Brissett may be in. If they don't trade JG, they may still give Brissett tons of reps....as they may still try to move JG even during the preseason...(as you say...in case someone loses their QB and IS willing to pay a high price for him ala Bradford)...and they will still want to groom Brissett in any case.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Jeez oh Pete! 23 pages on New England's shitty backup Quarterback. For fucks sake.

    Just Draft Trubisky.