Skip to content

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

Locked The Browns Board
665 52 23.5k
  • Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.

    Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.

    Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.

    PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.

    Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.

    Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.

    PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.

    Uma: you are making a supposition that any of us here...including the Cleveland Browns may have some interest in McCarron.

    To me, McCarron may at best be the 10th option that I would want the Browns to pursue. There are 3-4 QBs in this draft I would prefer, and at least 5-6 other FA options....if you still include Garropolo.

    Guys like JG, Taylor, even Mike Glennon and Colin Kaepernick..who they can get without a trade. And a couple of others.

  • Hoorta---Everyone may have an opinion but in this example yours isn't equal to that of Mayock or Casserly. They have expertise and experience that none of the floor moppers and lawyers gathered here will ever have. Simply put, nobody values your opinion enough to pay for it. That said, your obscurity guarantees a week from now nobody will remember how silly your tough guy low baller rant sounded.

    Beare---Sounds like McCarron was the Browns 3rd choice, but might have moved up now that New England has pulled Garappolo. So if true, all McCarron needs to move up into the top spot is for the Browns to flail and fail chasing the blacker Tarkenton from Buffalo. That shouldn't take long.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Hoorta---Everyone may have an opinion but in this example yours isn't equal to that of Mayock or Casserly. They have expertise and experience that none of the floor moppers and lawyers gathered here will ever have. Simply put, nobody values your opinion enough to pay for it. That said, your obscurity guarantees a week from now nobody will remember how silly your tough guy low baller rant sounded.

    Beare---Sounds like McCarron was the Browns 3rd choice, but might have moved up now that New England has pulled Garappolo. So if true, all McCarron needs to move up into the top spot is for the Browns to flail and fail chasing the blacker Tarkenton from Buffalo. That shouldn't take long.

    How would you know "which choice" McCarron is for the Browns? If he is on their radar, that blip is about the size of a seagull, not a 747.

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

  • Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    U-Mad-Bitch1? U have no damn clue what the Browns are thinking. U have no damn clue on your real Been-Gals thoughts..Do you really believe any Source "flatly stating" anything this time of the season? now your making up our own choices on a Browns Board..what a life Uown, UMadBitch1,go see if the Zoo is hiring in the Been Gal Tiger feeding BS Department..Theirrr Great!!

  • Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    I agree with beare, I'll say any of this Media stuff means about zero, especially if it came from Mary Kay Cabbot- who has a school girl crush on Garropolo. Misinformation this time of year is rampant,like teams want to get it out in public what they're really thinking? & If Maycock was that great at evaluating talent, he'd be working for a team, not blabbering on ESPN. There was a look back on a site of Maycock's and Kipper's first round picks for the Browns, I did every bit as well as the "experts". For the record I almost puked when they drafted Manziel.

  • @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    I agree with beare, I'll say any of this Media stuff means about zero, especially if it came from Mary Kay Cabbot- who has a school girl crush on Garropolo. Misinformation this time of year is rampant,like teams want to get it out in public what they're really thinking? & If Maycock was that great at evaluating talent, he'd be working for a team, not blabbering on ESPN. There was a look back on a site of Maycock's and Kipper's first round picks for the Browns, I did every bit as well as the "experts". For the record I almost puked when they drafted Manziel.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I agree with beare, I'll say any of this Media stuff means about zero, especially if it came from Mary Kay Cabbot- who has a school girl crush on Garropolo. & If Maycock was that great at evaluating talent, he'd be working for a team, not blabbering on ESPN. There was a look back on a site of Maycock's and Kipper's first round picks for the Browns, I did every bit as well as the "experts". For the record I almost puked when they drafted Manziel.

    Not all entirely true about working for a team. It's possible they don't want to. I know Daniel Jerimiah on NFL network has turned down offers to work for teams because he doesn't want to move his family from southern california. I think the NFL network guys do a great job of breaking down the players. But it's still all a crapshoot anyways.

  • Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.

    Well, apparently you can't read. I don't care what some source says.....sources can be full of shit. Sources just speculate.

    This "Cleveland Source" may just be some dude like me and you stating this. I guaranfuckingtee you that the source was not someone from the Browns. And I read the Cleveland area news, and listen to the Cleveland area talk shows...and I can tell you NO ONE is talking about doing any kind of deal for McCarron...beyond saying "McCarron?....Oh he may be someone to think about". That is it.

    The Browns HAVE talked about the 4 QBs in the draft. They have mentioned certain FA QBs. They HAVE talked about continuing to work with RG and Kessler (I didn't even include them in front of McCarron in the Top 10 Options).

    McCarron? Not a fucking word. Of course, certainly they can not talk about McCarron because he is under contract....but there are a HUNDRED other "Cleveland sources" that haven't mentioned a peep about McCarron.

    I think it is pretty clear merely that YOU are the one playing some bullshit Belichick like game and it is you promoting the trade of McCarron.

    Why? Perhaps because he actually sucks swamp water, and you know it and you just would like to see your team dump your garbage on us for some ridiculous price.

  • Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.

    Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.

    Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.

    PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.

    First, I'll be the judge of when you grow tiresome, thank you.

    Second, are you claiming that the shift from "true value" to "value" was a "grammatical error"?

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gumby---My goodness, you're a mess. Do other posters respond to your posts, and if so...how? Who translates? Have you been officially diagnosed? What flavor Jell-O are they serving in the cafeteria today?

    Hoorta---Of course you agree with Beare. He's good people. I can sense that. As for your rant about the media, if you value their input at zero then you're knowingly making your opinions on less than zero information. Furthermore, nobody is suggesting you swallow everything whole. Treat it as speculation from an inconsistent source.

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?

    Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.

  • Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?

    Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?

    Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.

    If you really want to be a cunt the process is that you must come and suck my dick.

    Doing such a move just evidences your cowardice. You can't win an argument, so you chicken out. Chicken. Go ahead. Go away. But if you block me...you are blocking your best "source" of information

    And I don't know say Beare is a liar....I am only saying that "ONE" single "Cleveland" source saying that McCarron is high on the Browns list don't mean shit. That "source" may be just some writer that has no more credibility than you or I. Like I said...I read a hundred "sources" that don't have the thought of McCarron at all on their mine. No more than the entire list of FA QBs out there.

  • Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?

    Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.

    Not inclined to reply since you took a shot at my bud, gumby... but since it's for your friend...

    Click on your screen name at top right of page. The lower right option in the drop down menu will be "Manage Ignore Prefs".

  • @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.

    Not inclined to reply since you took a shot at my bud, gumby... but since it's for your friend...

    Click on your screen name at top right of page. The lower right option in the drop down menu will be "Manage Ignore Prefs".

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Not inclined to reply since you took a shot at my bud, gumby... but since it's for your friend...

    Click on your screen name at top right of page. The lower right option in the drop down menu will be "Manage Ignore Prefs".

  • U Umadogg1 wrote on last edited by

    Gipper---Relax, it's my friend who wants to block you. I happen to like the taste of low hanging fruit. Also, we may be only talking about one media source in this example, but even that is proof enough that I'm not the one making things up. What's more, you were pretty quick to embrace a dubious source from the radio when you thought it supported your rant about 1962 still mattering.

    Tour---You have every right to defend your friend Gumby. He's very high achieving.

  • Gipper---Relax, it's my friend who wants to block you. I happen to like the taste of low hanging fruit. Also, we may be only talking about one media source in this example, but even that is proof enough that I'm not the one making things up. What's more, you were pretty quick to embrace a dubious source from the radio when you thought it supported your rant about 1962 still mattering.

    Tour---You have every right to defend your friend Gumby. He's very high achieving.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Relax, it's my friend who wants to block you. I happen to like the taste of low hanging fruit. Also, we may be only talking about one media source in this example, but even that is proof enough that I'm not the one making things up. What's more, you were pretty quick to embrace a dubious source from the radio when you thought it supported your rant about 1962 still mattering.

    Tour---You have every right to defend your friend Gumby. He's very high achieving.

    Well...I simply reported what I heard..from a named source guy that works for The Sporting News......something what has overwhelmingly been part of the Bengal/Browns dynamic for all these years...that everyone knows.

    That is different than one source saying the Browns are hot after McCarron.

    And 1962 DOES still matter....mostly to Mike Brown. Go ahead and ask him of you don't believe the reports.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Jimmy G Peace out imstagram post tonight

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BRMsEkqhhLg/

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Page isn't available. Summary? Suicide?

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Hmm link works for me, He posted pic of Him on Pats uniform with peace sign. People speculating it's "peace out" lol, who knows since it's silly season.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    well if he is being traded to the browns hopefully we gave up as little as possible

  • Hmm link works for me, He posted pic of Him on Pats uniform with peace sign. People speculating it's "peace out" lol, who knows since it's silly season.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @jcam222 said:

    People speculating it's "peace out" lol, who knows since it's silly season.

    surely the great sports writer McFagley of the San Francisco Chronicle has him on the front page going #2 to the 49'ers after this photo..Gays 😍 Italians