Skip to content

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

Locked The Browns Board
665 52 23.5k
  • Jimmy G Peace out imstagram post tonight

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BRMsEkqhhLg/

  • Page isn't available. Summary? Suicide?

  • Hmm link works for me, He posted pic of Him on Pats uniform with peace sign. People speculating it's "peace out" lol, who knows since it's silly season.

  • well if he is being traded to the browns hopefully we gave up as little as possible

  • Hmm link works for me, He posted pic of Him on Pats uniform with peace sign. People speculating it's "peace out" lol, who knows since it's silly season.

    @jcam222 said:

    People speculating it's "peace out" lol, who knows since it's silly season.

    surely the great sports writer McFagley of the San Francisco Chronicle has him on the front page going #2 to the 49'ers after this photo..Gays 😍 Italians

  • Say no to Garoppolo

  • Well everyone here in New England is agreeing with the most recent information floating about the Combine that NE will NOT trade Garoppolo.

  • Everything on the internet (so it must be true, right?) says the Browns are going hard for Tyrod Taylor. I haven't seen ANYTHING about us going for Garoppolo, which makes me sad. Here's how I see it going down: Browns sign Tyrod Taylor after the Bills officially cut him loose. Browns then draft a QB during the first two rounds, and that guy holds the clipboard and learns while we start Tyrod for a year...maybe more depending on how he plays. If Tyrod remains healthy, like he usually does, and puts up similar numbers (say 20 TD's and 7 picks), the Browns could go from 1 win all the way to....what...5? 6? I don't think we'll have a WORSE defense, and I like our RB's. If we somehow manage to keep Pryor, I actually think 5 or 6 wins is realistic, and something to be proud of. Without Pryor...well....I don't want to think about it.

    I still want Garoppolo...want him very badly. But I see NOTHING to suggest that we want him, or that he'll even be available.

  • Everything on the internet (so it must be true, right?) says the Browns are going hard for Tyrod Taylor. I haven't seen ANYTHING about us going for Garoppolo, which makes me sad. Here's how I see it going down: Browns sign Tyrod Taylor after the Bills officially cut him loose. Browns then draft a QB during the first two rounds, and that guy holds the clipboard and learns while we start Tyrod for a year...maybe more depending on how he plays. If Tyrod remains healthy, like he usually does, and puts up similar numbers (say 20 TD's and 7 picks), the Browns could go from 1 win all the way to....what...5? 6? I don't think we'll have a WORSE defense, and I like our RB's. If we somehow manage to keep Pryor, I actually think 5 or 6 wins is realistic, and something to be proud of. Without Pryor...well....I don't want to think about it.

    I still want Garoppolo...want him very badly. But I see NOTHING to suggest that we want him, or that he'll even be available.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Everything on the internet (so it must be true, right?) says the Browns are going hard for Tyrod Taylor. I haven't seen ANYTHING about us going for Garoppolo, which makes me sad. Here's how I see it going down: Browns sign Tyrod Taylor after the Bills officially cut him loose. Browns then draft a QB during the first two rounds, and that guy holds the clipboard and learns while we start Tyrod for a year...maybe more depending on how he plays. If Tyrod remains healthy, like he usually does, and puts up similar numbers (say 20 TD's and 7 picks), the Browns could go from 1 win all the way to....what...5? 6? I don't think we'll have a WORSE defense, and I like our RB's. If we somehow manage to keep Pryor, I actually think 5 or 6 wins is realistic, and something to be proud of. Without Pryor...well....I don't want to think about it.

    I still want Garoppolo...want him very badly. But I see NOTHING to suggest that we want him, or that he'll even be available.

    don't walk on the off season landmines. Lets walk around them..#1-Sure JG has a price. 800k & show up at training camp as a back-up with repeat champs or decide about the millions now.BB knows his players wants & far before camp.#2. New HC Todd McDermot has handled the Tyrod Taylor issue perfectly with the Bills media since his arrival.But has the media & the Bills organization blown it to deep for Tyrod before McDermot got there? Money talks & I think the new HC has a say & they pay Tyrod cause at 17M/yr who else you paying?#3.none of our QB's hold a clipboard for long 😕.Unless Mitch or Watson can fall into a non reach pick. Kessler is everything about a QB after those top 2. I count 3-4 QB's in next seasons draft that our non-reachable in top 10 picks next season. I don't think we can be that good next season to blow that..#4.I think we sign Pryor after he chases money values with Drew, that we will have a chance to match cause he's only here if Hue is. I'd be more worried about losing Crow at this point.1 landmine at a time. It's been FO issues for so many years now. Sashi clock has no snooze alarms..Go Browns!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not inclined to reply since you took a shot at my bud, gumby... but since it's for your friend...

    Click on your screen name at top right of page. The lower right option in the drop down menu will be "Manage Ignore Prefs".

    @the-gipper said:

    na Gipper..My chickens were named by Von Miller & Derek Wolfe new TV ad. Von says Chickens are 😎

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Then that means he is being traded.

    If you look at how Pats traded Cassel, I believe they waited until his contract was up, franchise tagged him, then traded. They might do same here.

  • If the recent reports are accurate that the Patriots are seeking TWO first round draft picks for Garoppolo (one this year, one next year), then the deal is completely off the table in my mind. First of all, the Browns first round draft pick is different than most other teams, as it's almost a certainty to be in the top ten, possibly much higher. If we DID get Garoppolo, then maybe we find ourselves in the teens, but our track record suggests that we're going to have a very high selection. No way in HELL we can give that type of compensation up, right? Now, we DO have two SECOND rounders next year, so hopefully that will suffice. As crazy as it seems, I would be willing to part with our #12 pick and one of our second rounders next year for Garoppolo. Tyrod Taylor is off the list, we're not getting Romo (don't want him anyways), no Kaepernick, probably no Cutler (don't like him either)....so that begs the question of, "Just who in the HELL can we pick up to play QB in 2017?"

    Virtually every analyst I've read says there is not a rookie QB in this class that can play right away. Can they all be wrong? Certainly. Carson Wentz wasn't supposed to play right away, and he did alright, AND got a wealth of experience. We could get lucky, but I don't exactly hold my breath for that in Cleveland. We need a rookie, AND we need a veteran. Now, Garoppolo BARELY qualifies as a veteran, but even with his limited playing time, he still has time in the LEAGUE. He's still prepared as a starter, learned NFL offenses, adjusted to the speed of the game, etc. He knows what it takes to win a game, and although winning a game in New England and winning a game in Cleveland are vastly different animals, he'd still have a massive leg up on ANY rookie.

  • If the recent reports are accurate that the Patriots are seeking TWO first round draft picks for Garoppolo (one this year, one next year), then the deal is completely off the table in my mind. First of all, the Browns first round draft pick is different than most other teams, as it's almost a certainty to be in the top ten, possibly much higher. If we DID get Garoppolo, then maybe we find ourselves in the teens, but our track record suggests that we're going to have a very high selection. No way in HELL we can give that type of compensation up, right? Now, we DO have two SECOND rounders next year, so hopefully that will suffice. As crazy as it seems, I would be willing to part with our #12 pick and one of our second rounders next year for Garoppolo. Tyrod Taylor is off the list, we're not getting Romo (don't want him anyways), no Kaepernick, probably no Cutler (don't like him either)....so that begs the question of, "Just who in the HELL can we pick up to play QB in 2017?"

    Virtually every analyst I've read says there is not a rookie QB in this class that can play right away. Can they all be wrong? Certainly. Carson Wentz wasn't supposed to play right away, and he did alright, AND got a wealth of experience. We could get lucky, but I don't exactly hold my breath for that in Cleveland. We need a rookie, AND we need a veteran. Now, Garoppolo BARELY qualifies as a veteran, but even with his limited playing time, he still has time in the LEAGUE. He's still prepared as a starter, learned NFL offenses, adjusted to the speed of the game, etc. He knows what it takes to win a game, and although winning a game in New England and winning a game in Cleveland are vastly different animals, he'd still have a massive leg up on ANY rookie.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    If the recent reports are accurate that the Patriots are seeking TWO first round draft picks for Garoppolo (one this year, one next year), then the deal is completely off the table in my mind. First of all, the Browns first round draft pick is different than most other teams, as it's almost a certainty to be in the top ten, possibly much higher. If we DID get Garoppolo, then maybe we find ourselves in the teens, but our track record suggests that we're going to have a very high selection. No way in HELL we can give that type of compensation up, right? Now, we DO have two SECOND rounders next year, so hopefully that will suffice. As crazy as it seems, I would be willing to part with our #12 pick and one of our second rounders next year for Garoppolo. Tyrod Taylor is off the list, we're not getting Romo (don't want him anyways), no Kaepernick, probably no Cutler (don't like him either)....so that begs the question of, "Just who in the HELL can we pick up to play QB in 2017?"

    Virtually every analyst I've read says there is not a rookie QB in this class that can play right away. Can they all be wrong? Certainly. Carson Wentz wasn't supposed to play right away, and he did alright, AND got a wealth of experience. We could get lucky, but I don't exactly hold my breath for that in Cleveland. We need a rookie, AND we need a veteran. Now, Garoppolo BARELY qualifies as a veteran, but even with his limited playing time, he still has time in the LEAGUE. He's still prepared as a starter, learned NFL offenses, adjusted to the speed of the game, etc. He knows what it takes to win a game, and although winning a game in New England and winning a game in Cleveland are vastly different animals, he'd still have a massive leg up on ANY rookie.

    Again....why do we need a rookie QB to play right away? Even if we were to take one at #1. Its not like this team would be ready to challenge for a playoff spot before another year or two.

    We need a QB for the long haul....NOT one that is ready to go on September 10, 2017.

    In the past we got a player that was the equivalent of the first pick in the draft in Bernie Kosar. He did not start until the middle of his rookie year. Smart decision. We also got Tim Couch with the first pick in the draft...and started him after one game. Bad decision in my opinion.

    So, why this demand for instant gratification? It is foolish in my opinion for people to have that thought process.

    So, whether we go with a guy at #1 or #12...or whatever....patience is a virtue.

  • If the recent reports are accurate that the Patriots are seeking TWO first round draft picks for Garoppolo (one this year, one next year), then the deal is completely off the table in my mind. First of all, the Browns first round draft pick is different than most other teams, as it's almost a certainty to be in the top ten, possibly much higher. If we DID get Garoppolo, then maybe we find ourselves in the teens, but our track record suggests that we're going to have a very high selection. No way in HELL we can give that type of compensation up, right? Now, we DO have two SECOND rounders next year, so hopefully that will suffice. As crazy as it seems, I would be willing to part with our #12 pick and one of our second rounders next year for Garoppolo. Tyrod Taylor is off the list, we're not getting Romo (don't want him anyways), no Kaepernick, probably no Cutler (don't like him either)....so that begs the question of, "Just who in the HELL can we pick up to play QB in 2017?"

    Virtually every analyst I've read says there is not a rookie QB in this class that can play right away. Can they all be wrong? Certainly. Carson Wentz wasn't supposed to play right away, and he did alright, AND got a wealth of experience. We could get lucky, but I don't exactly hold my breath for that in Cleveland. We need a rookie, AND we need a veteran. Now, Garoppolo BARELY qualifies as a veteran, but even with his limited playing time, he still has time in the LEAGUE. He's still prepared as a starter, learned NFL offenses, adjusted to the speed of the game, etc. He knows what it takes to win a game, and although winning a game in New England and winning a game in Cleveland are vastly different animals, he'd still have a massive leg up on ANY rookie.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    If the recent reports are accurate that the Patriots are seeking TWO first round draft picks for Garoppolo (one this year, one next year), then the deal is completely off the table in my mind. First of all, the Browns first round draft pick is different than most other teams, as it's almost a certainty to be in the top ten, possibly much higher. If we DID get Garoppolo, then maybe we find ourselves in the teens, but our track record suggests that we're going to have a very high selection.

    No way in HELL we can give that type of compensation up, right?

    Dunno...

    Thought just hit me over in the FA thread that the reason we may be as active as we are being this year is to free up picks for trading. And there's no trade I know of out there requiring more picks than the one for Jimmy G.

    But to go that route, we have to land more of our targeted FAs than reports seem to indicate we are landing...

  • Trade our #12 pick to NE AND Gary Barnidge for Jimmy Garoppalo and a 4th round draft pick.

    Seth DeValve is an up-and-coming TE. I really liked what I seen from him last season.

    We need a solid QB but we shouldn't have to pass on Garrett to get one..

    Garoppalo would be productive behind our improved oline. Let's face it, C was our weakspot and now it is looking much more improved.

    Our offense would look a lot better. We need someone who can push the ball downfield and even though JG has limited experience, i'd take him essentially at #12 than any other QB coming out.

    Our offense would improve, especially if Gordon is reinstated and we somehow keep him.

    Add in Coleman, Britt if he doesn't suck it up next year, add in Crowell, Duke,

    we might actually not be a laughing stock, but I doubt this happens..

  • They just got Allen from the Colts and have Gronk, so they don't need another aging te. Who knows though? Anything is a possibility.

  • They just got Allen from the Colts and have Gronk, so they don't need another aging te. Who knows though? Anything is a possibility.

    @cambridgeho said:

    They just got Allen from the Colts and have Gronk, so they don't need another aging te. Who knows though? Anything is a possibility.

    Did not realize they added another TE..

    would be a good insurance policy if Gronk goes down though

  • @cambridgeho said:

    They just got Allen from the Colts and have Gronk, so they don't need another aging te. Who knows though? Anything is a possibility.

    Did not realize they added another TE..

    would be a good insurance policy if Gronk goes down though

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Did not realize they added another TE..

    would be a good insurance policy if Gronk goes down though

    Wouldn't shock me to see NE trade Gronk. They just won the super bowl without him and he would fetch a pretty high draft pick. It would be the style of Bellicheck to do that.

  • Gronk's injury issues must be a concern as well

  • Trade our #12 pick to NE AND Gary Barnidge for Jimmy Garoppalo and a 4th round draft pick.

    Seth DeValve is an up-and-coming TE. I really liked what I seen from him last season.

    We need a solid QB but we shouldn't have to pass on Garrett to get one..

    Garoppalo would be productive behind our improved oline. Let's face it, C was our weakspot and now it is looking much more improved.

    Our offense would look a lot better. We need someone who can push the ball downfield and even though JG has limited experience, i'd take him essentially at #12 than any other QB coming out.

    Our offense would improve, especially if Gordon is reinstated and we somehow keep him.

    Add in Coleman, Britt if he doesn't suck it up next year, add in Crowell, Duke,

    we might actually not be a laughing stock, but I doubt this happens..

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Trade our #12 pick to NE AND Gary Barnidge for Jimmy Garoppalo and a 4th round draft pick.

    Seth DeValve is an up-and-coming TE. I really liked what I seen from him last season.

    We need a solid QB but we shouldn't have to pass on Garrett to get one..

    Garoppalo would be productive behind our improved oline. Let's face it, C was our weakspot and now it is looking much more improved.

    Our offense would look a lot better. We need someone who can push the ball downfield and even though JG has limited experience, i'd take him essentially at #12 than any other QB coming out.

    Our offense would improve, especially if Gordon is reinstated and we somehow keep him.

    Add in Coleman, Britt if he doesn't suck it up next year, add in Crowell, Duke,

    we might actually not be a laughing stock, but I doubt this happens..

    Read the 600+ post Jimmy thread. You'll find out who wants to trade for Garropolo, and who doesn't.