Front 7
-
Here's a first look at what I expect to see starting in our front 7 (subject to change)...
LDE - E.Ogbah LDT - D.Bryant RDT - D.Shelton RDE - M.Garrett
Sub - C.Nassib Sub - J.Meder Sub - S. Paea Sub - N.Orchard
OLB - J.Collins MLB - D.Davis OLB - C.Kirksey
No big disagreement, but I think Lawrence-Stample will make a case for himself as Danny's back-up.
Flugel gotta respectfully disagree about not limiting garetts reps. The chargers limited bosa for 4-5 games and look how that worked out.
Wasn't Bosa's missing TC a factor in that?
No big disagreement, but I think Lawrence-Stample will make a case for himself as Danny's back-up.
Wasn't Bosa's missing TC a factor in that?
Maybe. But you cant argue giving him limited reps wasnt the right call. The chargers said he was fine but you never know how teams are trying to protect their players.
-
Here's a first look at what I expect to see starting in our front 7 (subject to change)...
LDE - E.Ogbah LDT - D.Bryant RDT - D.Shelton RDE - M.Garrett
Sub - C.Nassib Sub - J.Meder Sub - S. Paea Sub - N.Orchard
OLB - J.Collins MLB - D.Davis OLB - C.Kirksey
No big disagreement, but I think Lawrence-Stample will make a case for himself as Danny's back-up.
Flugel gotta respectfully disagree about not limiting garetts reps. The chargers limited bosa for 4-5 games and look how that worked out.
Wasn't Bosa's missing TC a factor in that?
No big disagreement, but I think Lawrence-Stample will make a case for himself as Danny's back-up.
Totally agree on Stample T,FSU he was a plug n play anywhere on inside Dline. Paea is looking for a contract? X.Coop & Orchard, I just could not guess, with Williams doing evaluations on previous draftees. Foster sure would look good in that LB core
-
No big disagreement, but I think Lawrence-Stample will make a case for himself as Danny's back-up.
Wasn't Bosa's missing TC a factor in that?
Maybe. But you cant argue giving him limited reps wasnt the right call. The chargers said he was fine but you never know how teams are trying to protect their players.
Maybe. But you cant argue giving him limited reps wasnt the right call. The chargers said he was fine but you never know how teams are trying to protect their players.
My point is you are giving SD credit for something in which they had no choice. Bosa wasn't simply "limited"... he did not post a single, recordable stat through 2017's first four games.
-
Maybe. But you cant argue giving him limited reps wasnt the right call. The chargers said he was fine but you never know how teams are trying to protect their players.
My point is you are giving SD credit for something in which they had no choice. Bosa wasn't simply "limited"... he did not post a single, recordable stat through 2017's first four games.
My point is you are giving SD credit for something in which they had no choice. Bosa wasn't simply "limited"... he did not post a single, recordable stat through 2017's first four games.
Oh ur talking about the first 4 games where he was out, im talking about once he did start playing....they limited his reps for 4-5 games.
-
IMO, Nassib was virtually useless last year (once the regular season started and he was playing against REAL offensive linemen).
He got quite a bit of playing time but was basically an offensive tackle's dream DE.
IMO, Nassib was virtually useless last year (once the regular season started and he was playing against REAL offensive linemen).
He got quite a bit of playing time but was basically an offensive tackle's dream DE.
Not to sure yet. Not to sure the plan was to start him till Des B. & plenty more DL went down? Good frame to grow on. Good nose for football & I spent many plays yelling at the tube,"Get your damn hands up in the passing windows" Naz was pretty good with it. Lets see what Williams does with The Naz.
-
I don't have the stats, but I'm fairly certain I read Garrett was much stronger against the run than previous years. That might not sound like a big deal, but I believe it is (assuming what I read is true). Garrett JUST turned 21, and he's very young. Getting better against the run tells me he's a worker, and he's not happy to just be a sack artist. Look at what Clowney did this year. He wasn't a sack monster, but he was about as good as it gets against the run. He's a different player and a different build than Garrett, but there are some similarities too. Everything I've read/heard about Garrett's character is first rate, and I don't think he has one single knock against him in that regard. Dane Brugler recently said on a radio interview that Garrett should not have even played in several games this year due to his high ankle sprain (or whatever the injury was), and I believe he was at his worst during the Bama game. I don't want to make excuses for anybody, and we obviously would prefer the #1 player prospect to play well on the big stage, but if Dane Brugler is saying Garrett should not have even played in that game, that tells me something about this kid.
With the additions of this year's draft picks, our new DC, and one or two free agents, our defensive front has the potential to be vastly different. I don't have any disillusions of our defense being dominant or anything like that, but I do believe we can increase just about every statistical category in just one season. Gregg Williams has the feel of a real defensive coordinator, and the cupboard won't be completely bare. Yes, we still need a ton of depth, and yes, we will likely still need several members of our secondary, but we all know we can't create a killer defense in one offseason.
The signing of Jamie Collins was a turning point for me. I think many of us, and many analysts, kind of felt like we were "renting" Jamie Collins, and he'd leave just as soon as he could. Not only did we wrap him up, we didn't have to franchise him. We have the centerpiece of our defense, and I think that's something we've been missing for an eternity. To make it all a bit sweeter, the deal didn't break the bank because we basically paid for Collins by releasing McCown and Tramon Williams. Yeah, it kind of hurts to lose those two, but not THAT bad, AND we still have the majority of our capital. This seems like smart management to me, and we always knew we were going to have to replace a safety/DB and QB anyways. Joe Thomas went on record to say he believes the Browns will add 3-4 free agents. He's obviously not our GM or anything, but I thought it was an interesting comment. When has he ever said something like that before? It just kind of adds to the feeling that we're done "tearing down" and we're ready to "build up". Every fan knows you build through the draft, but you also have to take a few cautious shots at free agency as well. I'm interested to see who we target, and who we're actually able to bring home.
It will be complete culture shock for our defense, as Ray Horton and Gregg Williams are said to be total opposites in how they approach football. Williams won't hesitate to get all up in people's faces, and I think that's something I want. I want the fire, the attitude, and the culture of the "Dawg Pound" to come back.
-
Nothing I disagree with jiggins. I will stay excited about his year if they just keep it up from FA thru the draft. No more rookie mistakes and reaches like last year at this time. Collins was a great first step so just keep up the momentum.
-
Gipper. Back to Moratorium. Now.
Just for that....I'm back.
Everyone else can now blame you for it.
-
Davis should not be a starter on an NFL defense. Collins is our ILB.. this leaves little room for Davis on the field bc he's nowhere near fast/quick enough to cover in space.
This leaves a LB hole - hopefully we can get a midrounder to challenge for PT immediately.
Lots of holes on D to fill.. I'd always draft the guy who's a 90 at a position rather than a guy who's a 75 at a so-called "position of need" because the 90 will be on your team for 3,4 years and will be a standout while the "position of need" kneejerk pick will be barely average. Yes, this is similar logic to BPA but i think of it as "BPA at a position of need" ..
-
Gipper. Back to Moratorium. Now.
Just for that....I'm back.
Everyone else can now blame you for it.
Just for that....I'm back.
Everyone else can now blame you for it.
You were already back. Don't blame me if you can't keep your word.
-
Just for that....I'm back.
Everyone else can now blame you for it.
You were already back. Don't blame me if you can't keep your word.
You were already back. Don't blame me if you can't keep your word.
Nope, sorry. I think we need someone with intelligence on this quest. You don't fit the bill.
You are now just a warmed over Johnny fag...instead it is now some other Texas A&M overrated douchebag that you are fagging for.
-
When have I ever announced I was solidly in Camp Garrett? Never.
Like I said, your word means nothing. Pretty sad.
-
You were already back. Don't blame me if you can't keep your word.
Nope, sorry. I think we need someone with intelligence on this quest. You don't fit the bill.
You are now just a warmed over Johnny fag...instead it is now some other Texas A&M overrated douchebag that you are fagging for.
Nope, sorry. I think we need someone with intelligence on this quest. You don't fit the bill.
You are now just a warmed over Johnny fag...instead it is now some other Texas A&M overrated douchebag that you are fagging for.
You mean this one that DJ says this morning will torch the combine?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000786305/DJ-thinks-Myles-Garrett-will-torch-the-combine
-
When have I ever announced I was solidly in Camp Garrett? Never.
Like I said, your word means nothing. Pretty sad.
When have I ever announced I was solidly in Camp Garrett? Never.
Like I said, your word means nothing. Pretty sad.
I stayed on my Moratorium as long as I chose to. I may go back if I choose to.
Trust me, my word is good in many more circles that the black cells that inhabit the brain of a feckless fool like you.
And, if you are not a Garrett fag...what kind of fag are you? Just a guy that is sitting back and saying to Sachi: do what you think it best?
(that is actually what we ALL are....as I doubt for a moment that he comes on here to get our opinions on the subject)
-
Nope, sorry. I think we need someone with intelligence on this quest. You don't fit the bill.
You are now just a warmed over Johnny fag...instead it is now some other Texas A&M overrated douchebag that you are fagging for.
You mean this one that DJ says this morning will torch the combine?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000786305/DJ-thinks-Myles-Garrett-will-torch-the-combine
You mean this one that DJ says this morning will torch the combine?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000786305/DJ-thinks-Myles-Garrett-will-torch-the-combine
Lots of undrafted FAs have "torched the combine". Its like some QB: 20 million dollar arm, two dollar brain.
I am not saying that Garrett may not be the real deal. I am just saying that as a Browns fan....we have seen oh so many "real deals" become guys that we are ready to deal".
I just don't know.
If he comes here, I would hope that he would be the next Lawrence Taylor.
I am just not all that confident.
And I have said the same thing about the choice I want. If he were to be taken #1 he could be the next Aaron Rodgers...or the next Joey Harrington. I am not discounting that possibility.
I just think it is more what this team needs.
Even defensively....I am not sure that Allen may not fit what we need more.
-
When have I ever announced I was solidly in Camp Garrett? Never.
Like I said, your word means nothing. Pretty sad.
I stayed on my Moratorium as long as I chose to. I may go back if I choose to.
Trust me, my word is good in many more circles that the black cells that inhabit the brain of a feckless fool like you.
And, if you are not a Garrett fag...what kind of fag are you? Just a guy that is sitting back and saying to Sachi: do what you think it best?
(that is actually what we ALL are....as I doubt for a moment that he comes on here to get our opinions on the subject)
I stayed on my Moratorium as long as I chose to. I may go back if I choose to.
Trust me, my word is good in many more circles that the black cells that inhabit the brain of a feckless fool like you.
And, if you are not a Garrett fag...what kind of fag are you? Just a guy that is sitting back and saying to Sachi: do what you think it best?
(that is actually what we ALL are....as I doubt for a moment that he comes on here to get our opinions on the subject)
I'm open to many possibilities with the #1. Myles is one but I don't prefer it to any other.
And you're still a liar.
-
I stayed on my Moratorium as long as I chose to. I may go back if I choose to.
Trust me, my word is good in many more circles that the black cells that inhabit the brain of a feckless fool like you.
And, if you are not a Garrett fag...what kind of fag are you? Just a guy that is sitting back and saying to Sachi: do what you think it best?
(that is actually what we ALL are....as I doubt for a moment that he comes on here to get our opinions on the subject)
I'm open to many possibilities with the #1. Myles is one but I don't prefer it to any other.
And you're still a liar.
I'm open to many possibilities with the #1. Myles is one but I don't prefer it to any other.
And you're still a liar.
I will go back on the Moratorium...if you will.
I didn't lie, I just changed my mind. You should be aware of such a concept....considering your femininity.
-
Good. Now you're a reformed liar. That is acceptable.
-
Good. Now you're a reformed liar. That is acceptable.
And you were born a douche....its genetic, so we all just have to patronize you.
What was it Ghoolie called you? Girl gone gay? Gay gone to war?
Won't worry about it. Gomer will do fine, Gomer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login