Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Kyrie Irving thinks the earth is flat.

Kyrie Irving thinks the earth is flat.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
106 Posts 16 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #21

    OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

    OldBrownsFanO C 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 10k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
      #22

      If God miracled something minor in my life, I would actually be pissed at him and not relieved. Others may feel differently.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
        • 24k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
        #23

        I remember I had a bad injury years ago and I took "something" to help meditate one night, not going to go into what it was...but I felt my body buzzing that night and had weird floating sensations. Nothing I could possibly describe. Anyway I just chocked it up to what I had taken, but the next day my injury was gone. Of course my zealot mother told me on the phone oh ofc jesus healed you, I was praying for you. Cause everything good that happens is the direct result of jesus with these people. I humored her cause I wasn't about to tell her what I took but in any case, I believe these things that OBF described are possible. But the "power' behind these things has more to do with us than some god that answers to relatively small meaningless wishes in some cases. Not OBF"s kids hearing, but seriously little shit...my mother prays to god or some other saint when she loses her keys and then she finds them on her own hours later and feels the need to tell me about it as proof that her god exists.

        Like Logic said, if god has the free time to find your keys for you.........like wtf dude are you unaware of all the real shit going down here?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 125 Reputation
          OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
          #24

          Oh. My. God. Please tell me that there aren't people on this board that believe the world is flat...

          "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
          C 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

            @mld-woody said:

            You say the atheist has a huge hurdle to overcome. At least they are making the attempt to clear that hurdle. Someone who believes in a personal god, Creationism, etc, is just living in willful ignorance as they try to cherry pick facts to support their preselected conclusion. Do you see the difference there? You can't just CLA victory from a "God of the Gaps" argument.

            If anything I'm an agnostic atheist. The idea some people have of a higher power is so broad I don't think you can ever disprove it. But if I had to bet on it, I'd say one doesn't exist.

            But believing in a personal god is just silly. In literally countless ways. It is willful ignorance, which is the worst kind of ignorance. Thinking creationism is real is being complete, willfully ignorant.

            It's not nearly so silly when you experience a personal God. My son for instance failed his hearing test at school and we were told he had 50 percent hearing loss in both ears and to take him to a specialist. The specialist said the same thing after examining him and further said it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids for the rest of his life. We took him to Childrens Hospital to another specialist and got the same diagnosis of 50 percent hearing loss in both ears, it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids the rest of his life. After church a friend of mine asked if he could pray with my son as he said he felt led to pray for his hearing. The next day my son had an appointment to get fitted for hearing aids. They tested him again but this time they found no hearing loss at all and in fact the doctor asked my wife and I why we wanted hearing aids for a child that had perfect hearing. This was at age 8 and he is now 33 years old and still has perfect hearing. True story.

            The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 15k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @oldbrownsfan said:

            It's not nearly so silly when you experience a personal God. My son for instance failed his hearing test at school and we were told he had 50 percent hearing loss in both ears and to take him to a specialist. The specialist said the same thing after examining him and further said it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids for the rest of his life. We took him to Childrens Hospital to another specialist and got the same diagnosis of 50 percent hearing loss in both ears, it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids the rest of his life. After church a friend of mine asked if he could pray with my son as he said he felt led to pray for his hearing. The next day my son had an appointment to get fitted for hearing aids. They tested him again but this time they found no hearing loss at all and in fact the doctor asked my wife and I why we wanted hearing aids for a child that had perfect hearing. This was at age 8 and he is now 33 years old and still has perfect hearing. True story.

            So basically you're saying a school nurse screwed up a hearing test. That makes a lot more sense than Divine Intervention by god, no offense.

            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
            OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

              OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

              OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
              • 11k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @logicisforsquares said:

              OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

              The message of the bible is to keep trusting even if we don't understand all the why's. There were other times my son was not healed after prayer (for other issues) and had to have surgery. And I was just thankful for surgeons. The point you make is the reason I have said a number of times that outside of the bible it is hard to make the case for a personal God because then you have all those why's? The bible answers many of them but not all.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T The Cysko Kid

                @oldbrownsfan said:

                It's not nearly so silly when you experience a personal God. My son for instance failed his hearing test at school and we were told he had 50 percent hearing loss in both ears and to take him to a specialist. The specialist said the same thing after examining him and further said it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids for the rest of his life. We took him to Childrens Hospital to another specialist and got the same diagnosis of 50 percent hearing loss in both ears, it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids the rest of his life. After church a friend of mine asked if he could pray with my son as he said he felt led to pray for his hearing. The next day my son had an appointment to get fitted for hearing aids. They tested him again but this time they found no hearing loss at all and in fact the doctor asked my wife and I why we wanted hearing aids for a child that had perfect hearing. This was at age 8 and he is now 33 years old and still has perfect hearing. True story.

                So basically you're saying a school nurse screwed up a hearing test. That makes a lot more sense than Divine Intervention by god, no offense.

                OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                • 11k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                #27

                @the-cysko-kid said:

                So basically you're saying a school nurse screwed up a hearing test. That makes a lot more sense than Divine Intervention by god, no offense.

                It started with the hearing test at school and if this was wrong then the specialist in town we took him to was also wrong and the hearing doctors at Children's Hospital had to be wrong as well as they all gave us the same diagnosis. 50 percent hearing loss both ears, it was permanent and he would have to wear hearing aids the rest of his life.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 883 Reputation
                  jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss: http://m.hear-it.org/Sudden-Hearing-Loss

                  Recovery:

                  Spontaneous recovery occurs in 32-79% of the cases, usually within the first two weeks. The chances of full hearing recovery are smaller for patients with severe loss of hearing and when the sudden sensorineural hearing loss is accompanied by vertigo. The younger the patient, the greater the likelihood of a full recovery.

                  "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • OsirisO Osiris

                    Oh. My. God. Please tell me that there aren't people on this board that believe the world is flat...

                    Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                    • 24k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
                    #29

                    @osiris said:

                    Oh. My. God. Please tell me that there aren't people on this board that believe the world is flat...

                    I dont think even coatse is that delusional.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                      • 64k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                      #30

                      Don't worry, OBF, it's par for the course. The libs won't ridicule a Muslim,

                      but the first time you explain about being a Christian, the hard core ones

                      go after you.

                      The time I told how I nearly died in the middle of winter, as a kid, I got ridiculed about it,

                      Too bad. Seems that when history or reality confronts their hardcore emotions, they attack.

                      EDIT: referring to cleve who mocks most anything, anyways.

                      LogicIsForSquaresL C 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                        OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

                        calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 64k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                        #31

                        @logicisforsquares said:

                        OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

                        This is a serious, age old question. The Biblical answer has to do with the angelic conflict,

                        and mankind's free will.

                        https://www.gotquestions.org/angelic-conflict.html

                        I had an incredible miracle that saved my young life. And the truth is, why doesn't

                        everybody get a miracle... after that incident, I used to go out into the middle of our 147

                        acres, mostly virgin timber, and would sit on "mossy hill" ...thick moss was all atop it,

                        underneath giant beech and oak trees. I would talk to God, because believe me,

                        at that time, for the first time, I KNEW God was there. Seriously, while my Dad was

                        at work, I'd sit for hours there.

                        I honestly expected to hear that Charlton Heston Ten Commandments voice come

                        down from the heavens and explain it to me. But it never did.

                        As I said to that, one time, in speech class.. it was just as well I didn't hear it,

                        because I didn't want to be a preacher anyways......

                        Is the angelic conflict really an allegory? don't know. I just know I miraculously got a second

                        chance to be a great kid, son, friend, husband... the hideous evil, and the wonderul good in

                        this world, sure seems like the angelic conflict to me....

                        LogicIsForSquaresL OldBrownsFanO 2 Replies Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • C calfoxwc

                          Don't worry, OBF, it's par for the course. The libs won't ridicule a Muslim,

                          but the first time you explain about being a Christian, the hard core ones

                          go after you.

                          The time I told how I nearly died in the middle of winter, as a kid, I got ridiculed about it,

                          Too bad. Seems that when history or reality confronts their hardcore emotions, they attack.

                          EDIT: referring to cleve who mocks most anything, anyways.

                          LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 10k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          @calfoxwc said:

                          Don't worry, OBF, it's par for the course. The libs won't ridicule a Muslim,

                          but the first time you explain about being a Christian, the hard core ones

                          go after you.

                          The time I told how I nearly died in the middle of winter, as a kid, I got ridiculed about it,

                          Too bad. Seems that when history or reality confronts their hardcore emotions, they attack.

                          EDIT: referring to cleve who mocks most anything, anyways.

                          There is one Muslim on this board (as far as I am aware) and I think people have thoroughly let him know how they feel about Islam.

                          People debate with OBF about it because he is a pretty reasonable guy to debate with. There will be knuckleheads who say nonsense to him but for the most part this has seemed pretty civil.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C calfoxwc

                            @logicisforsquares said:

                            OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

                            This is a serious, age old question. The Biblical answer has to do with the angelic conflict,

                            and mankind's free will.

                            https://www.gotquestions.org/angelic-conflict.html

                            I had an incredible miracle that saved my young life. And the truth is, why doesn't

                            everybody get a miracle... after that incident, I used to go out into the middle of our 147

                            acres, mostly virgin timber, and would sit on "mossy hill" ...thick moss was all atop it,

                            underneath giant beech and oak trees. I would talk to God, because believe me,

                            at that time, for the first time, I KNEW God was there. Seriously, while my Dad was

                            at work, I'd sit for hours there.

                            I honestly expected to hear that Charlton Heston Ten Commandments voice come

                            down from the heavens and explain it to me. But it never did.

                            As I said to that, one time, in speech class.. it was just as well I didn't hear it,

                            because I didn't want to be a preacher anyways......

                            Is the angelic conflict really an allegory? don't know. I just know I miraculously got a second

                            chance to be a great kid, son, friend, husband... the hideous evil, and the wonderul good in

                            this world, sure seems like the angelic conflict to me....

                            LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 10k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                            #33

                            @calfoxwc said:

                            This is a serious, age old question. The Biblical answer has to do with the angelic conflict,

                            and mankind's free will.

                            https://www.gotquestions.org/angelic-conflict.html

                            I had an incredible miracle that saved my young life. And the truth is, why doesn't

                            everybody get a miracle... after that incident, I used to go out into the middle of our 147

                            acres, mostly virgin timber, and would sit on "mossy hill" ...thick moss was all atop it,

                            underneath giant beech and oak trees. I would talk to God, because believe me,

                            at that time, for the first time, I KNEW God was there. Seriously, while my Dad was

                            at work, I'd sit for hours there.

                            I honestly expected to hear that Charlton Heston Ten Commandments voice come

                            down from the heavens and explain it to me. But it never did.

                            As I said to that, one time, in speech class.. it was just as well I didn't hear it,

                            because I didn't want to be a preacher anyways......

                            Is the angelic conflict really an allegory? don't know. I just know I miraculously got a second

                            chance to be a great kid, son, friend, husband... the hideous evil, and the wonderul good in

                            this world, sure seems like the angelic conflict to me....

                            While you know I don't believe in a higher power, this is a better religious explanation then "welp God works in mysterious ways". Thank you, Cal.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                              #34

                              As a role model he should know better than to be an idiot

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                • 33k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                #35

                                Magic donkeys and healing prayer.

                                I'm sorry, but I can't believe something with 0 evidence. Of course the Bible tells you the magic won't work every time, but keep believing. The people that wrote it want to keep their believers in line. Contingency plans and all that. I just don't understand how someone can be so gullible.

                                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                DieHardBrownsFanD C 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                  Magic donkeys and healing prayer.

                                  I'm sorry, but I can't believe something with 0 evidence. Of course the Bible tells you the magic won't work every time, but keep believing. The people that wrote it want to keep their believers in line. Contingency plans and all that. I just don't understand how someone can be so gullible.

                                  DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                  • 28k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @mld-woody said:

                                  Magic donkeys and healing prayer.

                                  I'm sorry, but I can't believe something with 0 evidence. Of course the Bible tells you the magic won't work every time, but keep believing. The people that wrote it want to keep their believers in line. Contingency plans and all that. I just don't understand how someone can be so gullible.

                                  Scary dark people. I see no evidence. Atheist good. Believer bad.

                                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • C calfoxwc

                                    @logicisforsquares said:

                                    OBF, you wouldn't question a God that answers a prayer about a kid's hearing but ignores millions of other prayers and lets kids get raped and murdered?

                                    This is a serious, age old question. The Biblical answer has to do with the angelic conflict,

                                    and mankind's free will.

                                    https://www.gotquestions.org/angelic-conflict.html

                                    I had an incredible miracle that saved my young life. And the truth is, why doesn't

                                    everybody get a miracle... after that incident, I used to go out into the middle of our 147

                                    acres, mostly virgin timber, and would sit on "mossy hill" ...thick moss was all atop it,

                                    underneath giant beech and oak trees. I would talk to God, because believe me,

                                    at that time, for the first time, I KNEW God was there. Seriously, while my Dad was

                                    at work, I'd sit for hours there.

                                    I honestly expected to hear that Charlton Heston Ten Commandments voice come

                                    down from the heavens and explain it to me. But it never did.

                                    As I said to that, one time, in speech class.. it was just as well I didn't hear it,

                                    because I didn't want to be a preacher anyways......

                                    Is the angelic conflict really an allegory? don't know. I just know I miraculously got a second

                                    chance to be a great kid, son, friend, husband... the hideous evil, and the wonderul good in

                                    this world, sure seems like the angelic conflict to me....

                                    OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                    • 11k Posts
                                    • 3k Reputation
                                    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
                                    #37

                                    @calfoxwc said:

                                    This is a serious, age old question. The Biblical answer has to do with the angelic conflict,

                                    and mankind's free will.

                                    https://www.gotquestions.org/angelic-conflict.html

                                    I had an incredible miracle that saved my young life. And the truth is, why doesn't

                                    everybody get a miracle... after that incident, I used to go out into the middle of our 147

                                    acres, mostly virgin timber, and would sit on "mossy hill" ...thick moss was all atop it,

                                    underneath giant beech and oak trees. I would talk to God, because believe me,

                                    at that time, for the first time, I KNEW God was there. Seriously, while my Dad was

                                    at work, I'd sit for hours there.

                                    I honestly expected to hear that Charlton Heston Ten Commandments voice come

                                    down from the heavens and explain it to me. But it never did.

                                    As I said to that, one time, in speech class.. it was just as well I didn't hear it,

                                    because I didn't want to be a preacher anyways......

                                    Is the angelic conflict really an allegory? don't know. I just know I miraculously got a second

                                    chance to be a great kid, son, friend, husband... the hideous evil, and the wonderul good in

                                    this world, sure seems like the angelic conflict to me....

                                    I believe the spiritual conflict is real. Logic brought up probably the main point many atheists have towards belief in a personal God (and something I have thought about as well) and that is why God would allow such terrible things to happen such as a young child with cancer or any number of horrible things that happen to innocent people? Why if God could intervene and prevent it wouldn't He? The bible gives an answer on many of these questions but they are spiritual in nature and if you don't believe in anything spiritual you won't accept it. The bible says satan is the god of this world 2 Cor 4:4 and that is and always has been the problem. We live in a world dominated by satan and demonic forces. For all the mockery thrown at God speaking the universe into existence for me it still holds up as the better argument than out of absolute nothing came the physical universe. And the bible is correct in stating the universe had a beginning which science agrees with today. The spiritual realm is even more real than the physical realm because the physical realm was created from the spiritual realm.

                                    Daniel ch 10 shows clearly the curtain being pulled back and the spiritual battle in the spiritual realm. An angel tells Daniel that his prayer was heard the first day he prayed but the angelic messenger was delayed in battle bringing the answer to him. This is all about the spiritual realm and the conflict in the heavenlies. The angel spoke of the spiritual conflict with the prince of Persia and he is not speaking of any human here but demonic angels behind the scenes. I believe that same demonic prince of Persia is still there today ruling behind the scenes.

                                    The Apostle Paul says the same thing that the real conflict is behind the scenes in the spiritual realm where the battle lies. It is not with people it is with demonic forces working through people. Ephesians 6:12.

                                    Thanks for posting that Cal about the angelic conflict. It kind of prodded me to go there.

                                    tiamat63T DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                      • 18k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                                      #38

                                      So to recap the Kyrieistic view of th the world.....what exactly happens when we shoot up GPS, weather, communications and other satellites not to mention real human beings up to orbit the earth?

                                      Are they really going around the earth taking pictures or are they just on a big carousel like a big record player? Wouldn't they see each other?

                                      Too confusing for my little brain comprehend. 😉

                                      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                                        @calfoxwc said:

                                        This is a serious, age old question. The Biblical answer has to do with the angelic conflict,

                                        and mankind's free will.

                                        https://www.gotquestions.org/angelic-conflict.html

                                        I had an incredible miracle that saved my young life. And the truth is, why doesn't

                                        everybody get a miracle... after that incident, I used to go out into the middle of our 147

                                        acres, mostly virgin timber, and would sit on "mossy hill" ...thick moss was all atop it,

                                        underneath giant beech and oak trees. I would talk to God, because believe me,

                                        at that time, for the first time, I KNEW God was there. Seriously, while my Dad was

                                        at work, I'd sit for hours there.

                                        I honestly expected to hear that Charlton Heston Ten Commandments voice come

                                        down from the heavens and explain it to me. But it never did.

                                        As I said to that, one time, in speech class.. it was just as well I didn't hear it,

                                        because I didn't want to be a preacher anyways......

                                        Is the angelic conflict really an allegory? don't know. I just know I miraculously got a second

                                        chance to be a great kid, son, friend, husband... the hideous evil, and the wonderul good in

                                        this world, sure seems like the angelic conflict to me....

                                        I believe the spiritual conflict is real. Logic brought up probably the main point many atheists have towards belief in a personal God (and something I have thought about as well) and that is why God would allow such terrible things to happen such as a young child with cancer or any number of horrible things that happen to innocent people? Why if God could intervene and prevent it wouldn't He? The bible gives an answer on many of these questions but they are spiritual in nature and if you don't believe in anything spiritual you won't accept it. The bible says satan is the god of this world 2 Cor 4:4 and that is and always has been the problem. We live in a world dominated by satan and demonic forces. For all the mockery thrown at God speaking the universe into existence for me it still holds up as the better argument than out of absolute nothing came the physical universe. And the bible is correct in stating the universe had a beginning which science agrees with today. The spiritual realm is even more real than the physical realm because the physical realm was created from the spiritual realm.

                                        Daniel ch 10 shows clearly the curtain being pulled back and the spiritual battle in the spiritual realm. An angel tells Daniel that his prayer was heard the first day he prayed but the angelic messenger was delayed in battle bringing the answer to him. This is all about the spiritual realm and the conflict in the heavenlies. The angel spoke of the spiritual conflict with the prince of Persia and he is not speaking of any human here but demonic angels behind the scenes. I believe that same demonic prince of Persia is still there today ruling behind the scenes.

                                        The Apostle Paul says the same thing that the real conflict is behind the scenes in the spiritual realm where the battle lies. It is not with people it is with demonic forces working through people. Ephesians 6:12.

                                        Thanks for posting that Cal about the angelic conflict. It kind of prodded me to go there.

                                        tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                        #39

                                        @oldbrownsfan said:

                                        The bible says satan is the god of this world 2 Cor 4:4 and that is and always has been the problem.

                                        I've always found this hard to comprehend seeing as Hell was damnation AND imprisonment for Satan. Whom set him loose?

                                        While we're at it, if Satan is the God of this world - how will the 'meek inherit the Earth'...?

                                        Finally, Satan hath created the affliction is a convenient..... excuse. (For lack of a better word)

                                        OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                          • 39k Posts
                                          • 9k Reputation
                                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          There's always something to be said about first hand evidence.

                                          The Earth curvature is not apparent to the human eye so as far as the empirical evidence leans him it is flat.

                                          🙂

                                          WSS

                                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate