Skip to content

Crowell gets second round tender

The Browns Board
124 28 5.5k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

    This.

    RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

    @tiamat63 said:

    This.

    RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

    I don't think so. RBs at this point in the NFL are as fungible a position as there is. Both Crowe/Duke back another year. I say there is at least a one year reprieve on this position.....and remember....Crowe was a UDFA. The Browns may think they can nab another Crowe off the UDFA list.

  • @gftchris said:

    Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

    Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

    @tour2ma said:

    Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

    Agreed. I like Crowell and this doesn't inspire confidence in me in his long-term tenure with the Browns.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

    This.

    RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

    @tiamat63 said:

    This.

    RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

    Next year's ladder.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This.

    RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

    Next year's ladder.

    @gftchris said:

    Next year's ladder.

    Yup....
  • @gftchris said:

    Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

    Not much upside there.

    I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

    @tour2ma said:

    I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

    Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

  • I think Crow is "Ok".. but he's not untouchable....

  • @tour2ma said:

    I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

    Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

    @gumby73 said:

    Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

    I'd rather get Foreman from Texas if he is there @ #65. Or maybe even @ #52 depending upon whose left then.

  • One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.

  • One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.

    @jrb12711 said:

    One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.

    Pretty much sums up how I feel. Crow is fine, but if we can get a great value guy later on in this apparently deep RB class, then why not?

  • From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

  • From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

    I honestly believe that NOT deferring the opening kickoff would help re playing from behind. Williams D may help, but I'm all for a rule change that if you win the coin toss, you receive the opening kickoff.

    Mike

  • From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

    In the same vein I'd love to see him with a consistent QB where half the games the opposing D isn't stacking the box with 9 guys.

    The thing about him and a contract is that the Browns are far and away his best option for a good contract. As noted this draft is loaded with RB talent and there's some strong names available in FA (AP, Charles, etc). I don't think the open market is going to net him that much compared to what the Browns could provide.

  • Are you implying our HC is too dumb and needs a league regulation to call the coin toss?

  • @tour2ma said:

    I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

    Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

    @gumby73 said:

    Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

    I've seen Connor. I think his future may lie at FB.

    No one's draft status will depend more upon a 40 time than his. There is a better than 50/50 chance he won't break 4.7 (and may well run closer to 4.8). If he doesn't break 4.7, then his 10-yd split will determine his fate.

    @nickers said:

    I think Crow is "Ok".. but he's not untouchable....

    Where Crow is on the "OK" to "untouchable" continuum is precisely the dispute the use of the original-status tender would have resolved.

  • From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

    I don't understand why someone would be upset by a team doing what they must do, like the situation here. Since Crowe has NOT agreed to a long term contract...the Browns MUST do what they did to keep his services.

    If Crowe doesn't like it, too bad. Grow the fuck up. This is the way this business is conducted. If you would sign a deal you would have no cause for alarm.

  • Any more news on a long term deal ?

  • Any more news on a long term deal ?

    @darren15 said:

    Any more news on a long term deal ?

    Check back in June, my guess. If it's not done before the season it'll cost a lot more after, if that OL comes to fruition...

  • @tour2ma said:

    I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

    Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

    Long-term deal? Has he signed his tender?

    @gumby73 said:

    I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

    What did you think? Connor's 4.65-second 40-yd was better than I expected, but nearly every other measure was worse.

  • There's a report from Jeremy Fowler that three teams have "inquired" about Crow.

  • There's a report from Jeremy Fowler that three teams have "inquired" about Crow.

    @tour2ma said:

    There's a report from Jeremy Fowler that three teams have "inquired" about Crow.

    I like Crow and think he would do damn good behind this new line. However, our front office really values those 2nd round picks.