Crowell gets second round tender
-
One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.
-
One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.
One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Crow is fine, but if we can get a great value guy later on in this apparently deep RB class, then why not?
-
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
-
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
I honestly believe that NOT deferring the opening kickoff would help re playing from behind. Williams D may help, but I'm all for a rule change that if you win the coin toss, you receive the opening kickoff.
Mike
-
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
In the same vein I'd love to see him with a consistent QB where half the games the opposing D isn't stacking the box with 9 guys.
The thing about him and a contract is that the Browns are far and away his best option for a good contract. As noted this draft is loaded with RB talent and there's some strong names available in FA (AP, Charles, etc). I don't think the open market is going to net him that much compared to what the Browns could provide.
-
Are you implying our HC is too dumb and needs a league regulation to call the coin toss?
-
I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.
Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him
Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him
I've seen Connor. I think his future may lie at FB.
No one's draft status will depend more upon a 40 time than his. There is a better than 50/50 chance he won't break 4.7 (and may well run closer to 4.8). If he doesn't break 4.7, then his 10-yd split will determine his fate.
I think Crow is "Ok".. but he's not untouchable....
Where Crow is on the "OK" to "untouchable" continuum is precisely the dispute the use of the original-status tender would have resolved.
-
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.
I don't understand why someone would be upset by a team doing what they must do, like the situation here. Since Crowe has NOT agreed to a long term contract...the Browns MUST do what they did to keep his services.
If Crowe doesn't like it, too bad. Grow the fuck up. This is the way this business is conducted. If you would sign a deal you would have no cause for alarm.
-
Any more news on a long term deal ?
-
-
I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.
Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him
Long-term deal? Has he signed his tender?
I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him
What did you think? Connor's 4.65-second 40-yd was better than I expected, but nearly every other measure was worse.
-
-
He's not worth a second rounder.
-
Long-term deal? Has he signed his tender?
I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him
What did you think? Connor's 4.65-second 40-yd was better than I expected, but nearly every other measure was worse.
What did you think? Connor's 4.65-second 40-yd was better than I expected, but nearly every other measure was worse.
Never saw this till now T. 40 was fast for him. Connor & K.Hunt fit rounds we may use, unless they know Crow's real intentions. Both always push forward & run physical. Connor was thought to have better hands,Vision & balance but not to shifty..not to sure about hands after combine. as said "some guys run faster being chased".seems to fit James..(seen nothing on Pitt Pro day?)
-
Pittsburgh pro-day is scheduled for March 22. Here is the full pro-day schedule for the NFL.
-
My position hasn't changed much on this since the original tender - anyone willing to give up a second round pick for Crowell is welcome to him. I'm happy to bring him back at that salary (2.8m?) and think he'd be pretty good behind our shiny new line, but there are plenty of serviceable backs available later in this draft or in free agency. Hell, even giving Duke Johnson more carries wouldn't be a horrible idea.
If we keep him, great, if we get a second round pick for him, great. Maybe we can also throw Brock into the deal...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login