Skip to content

Trubisky

The Browns Board
308 41 8.9k
  • Perhaps make this a combine takes thread or something, keep it all in the one place?

  • Pretty solid size for everyone, borderline spectacular size for Kizer. I never thought height was an issue for any of the prospects, but reporters need something to write about, so a few of them jumped on the "Trubisky isn't big enough!" wagon.

    I'm actually coming to the conclusion that I'd be happy with just about any of these guys, as long as we have a legit PLAN on how to develop them. If they aren't ready, I don't want them thrown to the wolves. I'd like a veteran starting the season, preferably Garoppolo, but apparently that isn't going to happen. Well, either it's not going to happen, or the Patriots are just attempting to drive up the price...who really knows? If he truly isn't available via trade, I think I'm starting to settle on Jay Cutler. I realize many people don't like the guy, and his play hasn't been very good recently, but I believe he has something left in the tank and he needs an energetic coach to revive his love for the game. Enter Hue Jackson.

    I also wonder if analysts and coaches "over think" player evaluations. Living in Tallahassee, FL, I saw Russell Wilson torture my Seminoles for three years. I watched him play many times, and I watched his senior year at Wisconsin. Anybody watching Wilson knew the guy could play, and also knew he had talent. All of the sudden Russell Wilson goes to the combine, and he's not big enough to play football. I was SCREAMING to draft him. Perhaps this same philosophy applies to Deshaun Watson? Yes, he threw too many picks. Yes, his accuracy isn't perfect, and no...he isn't as fast as Mariota or possibly as talented. But did anybody see this guy actually play FOOTBALL? He's apparently pretty intelligent as well, and comes with no off the field issues (to my knowledge). I don't know...I really don't. I could honestly see Watson being very good, or I could see him flaming out.

  • Daniel Jeremiah says that Watson will kill it in the interview room and with his arm strength at the combine. The concerns of his decision making and downfield accuracy won't really be able to be seen or he won't be graded down because of downfield accuracy throwing to a bunch of guys hes never played with before.

  • Mitch Trubisky: 6'2 1/8", 9 1/2" hands

    DeShaun Watson: 6’2 1/2, 9 3/4” hands
    Pat Mahomes: 6’2, 9 1/4” hands
    DeShone Kizer: 6’4 1/4, 9 7/8” hands

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Mitch Trubisky: 6'2 1/8", 9 1/2" hands

    DeShaun Watson: 6’2 1/2, 9 3/4” hands

    Pat Mahomes: 6’2, 9 1/4” hands

    DeShone Kizer: 6’4 1/4, 9 7/8” hands

    Well, maybe I would make a good QB. My hands measure at 9 3/4ths. And I am 6'2 1/4". But at age 65...they may count that against me.

    (and...my left hand is actually a quarter inch bigger than my right hand.)

    Measure your hands to see what you come up with.

  • I think when the dust settles Trubisky is going to be the 3rd QB taken after Kizer 1st and Watson 2nd. I really, really like Mitch as a prospect and would be willing to roll the dice on his biggest weakness (experience) if he's sitting there at #12.

  • I would definitely take Trubisky at #12

  • I met Mitch in his senior year in HS and he was taller than me, so this is no surprise.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    Well, no one is perfect.....on his footwork I am not sure. What I have seen seems pretty good....and whatever slight flaws there may be are eminently correctable. And I disagree on the trajectory part. I have seen outstanding pinpoint trajectory on his deep passes. and what I have seen is that he is very capable of digesting information...and making the right read....as good as anyone that has come out in the last 5 years.

  • I think when the dust settles Trubisky is going to be the 3rd QB taken after Kizer 1st and Watson 2nd. I really, really like Mitch as a prospect and would be willing to roll the dice on his biggest weakness (experience) if he's sitting there at #12.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I think when the dust settles Trubisky is going to be the 3rd QB taken after Kizer 1st and Watson 2nd. I really, really like Mitch as a prospect and would be willing to roll the dice on his biggest weakness (experience) if he's sitting there at #12.

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I think when the dust settles Trubisky is going to be the 3rd QB taken after Kizer 1st and Watson 2nd. I really, really like Mitch as a prospect and would be willing to roll the dice on his biggest weakness (experience) if he's sitting there at #12.

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    As founder and CEO of Camp Allen, I would be be hard pressed to say no to that.

    Mitch has legit physical and mental attributes you want at the highest levels.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    Cosell's breakdown was interesting. We'll see how it unfolds.

    Knew the shrimp stuff was BS.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I think when the dust settles Trubisky is going to be the 3rd QB taken after Kizer 1st and Watson 2nd. I really, really like Mitch as a prospect and would be willing to roll the dice on his biggest weakness (experience) if he's sitting there at #12.

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    Foster is a possibility, but barring a Tunsil type draft shakeup no way Allen slips down to #12 as of today.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    What do you honestly think of him as a prospect? I know it sounds stupid, but I tend to look at QB's nowadays with the lens of "is he getting it" when fielding the position as opposed to just being an athlete. I think as each year goes on it's so much less important to look at scheme and system but how he just plays the position. When I watch Mitch I see a guy with flaws but someone who seems to really play the position well and just has that between the ears talent that other guys in this draft don't. He reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford coming out of college.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    Think you've been a bit selective there Gip, he mentioned a few traits he needs to work on

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    Foster is a possibility, but barring a Tunsil type draft shakeup no way Allen slips down to #12 as of today.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    What do you honestly think of him as a prospect? I know it sounds stupid, but I tend to look at QB's nowadays with the lens of "is he getting it" when fielding the position as opposed to just being an athlete. I think as each year goes on it's so much less important to look at scheme and system but how he just plays the position. When I watch Mitch I see a guy with flaws but someone who seems to really play the position well and just has that between the ears talent that other guys in this draft don't. He reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford coming out of college.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Foster is a possibility, but barring a Tunsil type draft shakeup no way Allen slips down to #12 as of today.

    What do you honestly think of him as a prospect? I know it sounds stupid, but I tend to look at QB's nowadays with the lens of "is he getting it" when fielding the position as opposed to just being an athlete. I think as each year goes on it's so much less important to look at scheme and system but how he just plays the position. When I watch Mitch I see a guy with flaws but someone who seems to really play the position well and just has that between the ears talent that other guys in this draft don't. He reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford coming out of college.

    I like him. I actually like all of these top prospects. Not so much Mahomes, but I think Watson, Kizer and Trubisky all have the plus traits that could spell success for them in the NFL. This isn't a year where you have a dumb, lazy raw prospect with plus athletic traits. There's three intelligent, hard working guys with average to above average size and average to above average physical traits who can all find success depending on where they get drafted.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    As founder and CEO of Camp Allen, I would be be hard pressed to say no to that.

    Mitch has legit physical and mental attributes you want at the highest levels.

    @tiamat63 said:

    As founder and CEO of Camp Allen, I would be be hard pressed to say no to that.

    Mitch has legit physical and mental attributes you want at the highest levels.

    If MT were not the pick....I would perhaps be more in the Allen Camp than the Gayrett Camp. I actually believe that he fills a greater need for the Browns than Gayrett does.

    I mean, I could see he and Shelton being perhaps the second coming of Bob Lilley and Randy White.

    Well...maybe a little too much to expect both to be HOFers like Lilly and White....but we can dream.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Not if Allen or Foster is sitting right there.

    Foster is a possibility, but barring a Tunsil type draft shakeup no way Allen slips down to #12 as of today.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And, you know, the knock on his footwork and ball trajectory on deep passes and questions regarding his ability to quickly digest information and make the correct read and his penchant for throwing balls slightly behind on crossing routes.

    Dude is far from perfect.

    What do you honestly think of him as a prospect? I know it sounds stupid, but I tend to look at QB's nowadays with the lens of "is he getting it" when fielding the position as opposed to just being an athlete. I think as each year goes on it's so much less important to look at scheme and system but how he just plays the position. When I watch Mitch I see a guy with flaws but someone who seems to really play the position well and just has that between the ears talent that other guys in this draft don't. He reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford coming out of college.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Foster is a possibility, but barring a Tunsil type draft shakeup no way Allen slips down to #12 as of today.

    What do you honestly think of him as a prospect? I know it sounds stupid, but I tend to look at QB's nowadays with the lens of "is he getting it" when fielding the position as opposed to just being an athlete. I think as each year goes on it's so much less important to look at scheme and system but how he just plays the position. When I watch Mitch I see a guy with flaws but someone who seems to really play the position well and just has that between the ears talent that other guys in this draft don't. He reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford coming out of college.

    Kiper compared him to Matt Ryan. Another guy of that ilk...not sure who...compared him to Stafford. I see a lot of Aaron Rodgers in him. And quick release is Namathesque. But....yep, it will all depend on what he has between the ears.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....nothing to say about him other than "not a lot of experience".

    Ain't hardly no QB been ready to take over an NFL team right away. Very rare...even for the best.

    Think you've been a bit selective there Gip, he mentioned a few traits he needs to work on

    @londonbrown said:

    Think you've been a bit selective there Gip, he mentioned a few traits he needs to work on

    He is the first person....on here or elsewhere that mentioned those traits. Not that it would surprise me that there are a few traits that "he needs to work on". Of course there would be a few. It is foolish to think that he is a finished product. But, I like the raw material that is there to work on better than with anyone else.