Trubisky
-
Gipper only sees in various shades of Ohio
You are proving to be as ignorant as your maize and blue asshole.
Do you not listen to a fucking goddamned word I have been saying?
I am all about the talent evaluation. Ohio has nothing to do with it. If I was all about Ohio I would have been on Cardale Jones' bandwagon, or Braxton Miller...or any number of other Ohio QBs?
Is it just your poor education, or are you being consciously ignorant, like #45?
You are proving to be as ignorant as your maize and blue asshole.
Do you not listen to a fucking goddamned word I have been saying?
I am all about the talent evaluation. Ohio has nothing to do with it. If I was all about Ohio I would have been on Cardale Jones' bandwagon, or Braxton Miller...or any number of other Ohio QBs?
Is it just your poor education, or are you being consciously ignorant, like #45?
You've proven to me in the past you see I'm shades of Ohio. I won't look to you for an unbiased opinion. Take that for what you will.
-
Camp Trubisky hasn't always been easy to talk with about the legit concerns people have for him in early round 1 so you can imagine
That "legitimate concern" has always been about just 1 thing: experience.
I have read numerous reports on him now suggesting his mechanics are flawed so it's not the only thing at all
I have read numerous reports on him now suggesting his mechanics are flawed so it's not the only thing at all
Correct... the inexperience is, however, a significant thing...
Favre was a gunslinger his entire career - including the 96 season. He certainly didn't "hem it in" in 96 - he was chucking bombs (and TD's) left and right. If anything, he was more wild that year. His sack percentage and most measures of pass distance were much higher than his career average.
I just remember the story of Reggie White going to Favre before the '96 season and telling him he did not need to play as if he had to "win" every game single-handedly.
That year the GB Defense was #1 in points allowed and yards allowed. Favre's completion percentage was the lowest to that point in his career... he was actually throwing balls away.
-
My concerns about Mitch have nothing to do with inexperience, I'm more worried that he sounds like he huffs spray paint and looks like the poster child for fetal alcohol syndrome.
-
I'd like to know what 'The Harvard Analytic Committee' thinks our QB situation is.
Were they serious when trading for Osweiler and his contract?
Are they ok with going into the season with the winner of the Ostrich, Kessler & Hogan battle? - They have shown a tendency for trying the half-washed-up QB (RG3 / Ostrich).
And does their scientific calculators give Garappollo any value over and above Trubiski?
-
I'd like to know what 'The Harvard Analytic Committee' thinks our QB situation is.
Were they serious when trading for Osweiler and his contract?
Are they ok with going into the season with the winner of the Ostrich, Kessler & Hogan battle? - They have shown a tendency for trying the half-washed-up QB (RG3 / Ostrich).
And does their scientific calculators give Garappollo any value over and above Trubiski?
-
You are proving to be as ignorant as your maize and blue asshole.
Do you not listen to a fucking goddamned word I have been saying?
I am all about the talent evaluation. Ohio has nothing to do with it. If I was all about Ohio I would have been on Cardale Jones' bandwagon, or Braxton Miller...or any number of other Ohio QBs?
Is it just your poor education, or are you being consciously ignorant, like #45?
You've proven to me in the past you see I'm shades of Ohio. I won't look to you for an unbiased opinion. Take that for what you will.
You've proven to me in the past you see I'm shades of Ohio. I won't look to you for an unbiased opinion. Take that for what you will.
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
-
By the way, I believe that today is the North Carolina Pro Day.
Have we heard from the Browns on who is attending?
And I wonder this: Did Hue refuse to attend Watson's Pro Day because Watson refused to come play in the Senior Bowl which Hue was coaching?
Was there a bit of tit for that there?
-
It's young Mitchell's workout today at his pro day. Assume it'll be on NFL Network
-
Hopefully Mitch/Mitchell/Michele - whatever, isn't picked off today as that would be embarrassing.
Also: Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown skipping Mitch Trubisky's Pro Day today
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/hue_jackson_and_sashi_brown_sk.html
-
Hopefully Mitch/Mitchell/Michele - whatever, isn't picked off today as that would be embarrassing.
Also: Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown skipping Mitch Trubisky's Pro Day today
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/hue_jackson_and_sashi_brown_sk.html
-
You've proven to me in the past you see I'm shades of Ohio. I won't look to you for an unbiased opinion. Take that for what you will.
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
I chose not to list anymore.
I may have some Michigan bias, but I'm pretty level headed compared to how some treat OSU around here
You sealed the deal in our "conversation" about colleges forever ago
-
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
I chose not to list anymore.
I may have some Michigan bias, but I'm pretty level headed compared to how some treat OSU around here
You sealed the deal in our "conversation" about colleges forever ago
I chose not to list anymore.
I may have some Michigan bias, but I'm pretty level headed compared to how some treat OSU around here
You sealed the deal in our "conversation" about colleges forever ago
Yes, I did. I signed, sealed and delivered that conversation. I know a lot more about colleges and their worthiness than you ever will. Well, maybe not ever. Some day you may have kids and you will have to evaluate colleges like I had to. Though, maybe in your case your maize and glazed eyes will make you insist on them going to your school.
I was not that venal.....and I also knew that the schools I attended were not a well rated academically as the schools I sent my kids to. Also, in my case, my kids had close to total control over where they went....subject to my approval.
I sent my son to THE top academic college in the state. (and certainly better than the school you went to) (and it was his choice to stay in state and not go out of state). And now he is in the process of getting his Ph.D. from an Ivy League school (Cornell). I sent my daughter to perhaps the #2 academic school in the state of Texas (second only to Rice). And in its class, it is considered the #1 regional university in the entire southwest USA. Her choice, but again subject my approval (and it warranted approval).
So don't even think for a moment that you know more about what constitutes a quality education than I do.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/regional-universities-west
-
You've proven to me in the past you see I'm shades of Ohio. I won't look to you for an unbiased opinion. Take that for what you will.
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
Yeah man, you really nailed that underrated LeBron James pick. Nobody had even heard of the guy. Really took a chance when the Cavs took him.
Woody, just let it go man. It's not worth wasting your time. The guy is equating Trubisky to LeBron James.
-
Found a great quote for you today Gip. Pulitzer Prize winning novel The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen, "I had an abiding respect for the professionalism of career prostitutes, who wore their dishonesty more openly than lawyers, both of whom bill by the hour." LOL!

-
Trubisky couldn't beat out someone named Marquise Williams to start at UNC for more than one season.
Yes, he had a good year, but he's no sure thing.
-
Trubisky couldn't beat out someone named Marquise Williams to start at UNC for more than one season.
Yes, he had a good year, but he's no sure thing.
Yes, he had a good year, but he's no sure thing.
Care to list the sure things in this year's draft?
-
In many areas, yes, my opinion is biased about Ohio. Just like where you can't get your nose stuck out of your maize and blue sphincter. Hell, you couldn't even name some of the best QBs that came out of any other school.
But in this case, I am not biased. Like I said, there have been a dozen other QBs from the area whose jock I could have been on but was not. I am on this guy's jock because of his potential talent. Plain and simple.
Look, I have had my biases in the past. Let's see, I was all in favor of one of our local teams drafting a local product because he was a high school classmate of my nephew. Let me think...what was that guys name? Oh yea, I remember now....his name was LeBron James.
I thought that kid was pretty talented and I wanted the Cavaliers to draft him. Turns out I was right.....do you disagree?
Yeah man, you really nailed that underrated LeBron James pick. Nobody had even heard of the guy. Really took a chance when the Cavs took him.
Woody, just let it go man. It's not worth wasting your time. The guy is equating Trubisky to LeBron James.
Yeah man, you really nailed that underrated LeBron James pick. Nobody had even heard of the guy. Really took a chance when the Cavs took him.
Woody, just let it go man. It's not worth wasting your time. The guy is equating Trubisky to LeBron James.
My point, shit for brains was not that I was equating LeBron James to Tribusky...I was pointing out that when it seems appropriate, yes, I will occasionally advocate that the local team try to obtain local talent when it warrants it. That yes, I DO, on an occasion have an "Ohio bias" ...as does everyone.
The fact that you could not discern that simple concept from my point shows that your gray cells may be turning a little black...that nuance is not something your mind can conceive of.
Here, here is a brick. If it hits your head it will hurt. Can you comprenez that?
-
Yes, he had a good year, but he's no sure thing.
Care to list the sure things in this year's draft?
-
Yeah man, you really nailed that underrated LeBron James pick. Nobody had even heard of the guy. Really took a chance when the Cavs took him.
Woody, just let it go man. It's not worth wasting your time. The guy is equating Trubisky to LeBron James.
My point, shit for brains was not that I was equating LeBron James to Tribusky...I was pointing out that when it seems appropriate, yes, I will occasionally advocate that the local team try to obtain local talent when it warrants it. That yes, I DO, on an occasion have an "Ohio bias" ...as does everyone.
The fact that you could not discern that simple concept from my point shows that your gray cells may be turning a little black...that nuance is not something your mind can conceive of.
Here, here is a brick. If it hits your head it will hurt. Can you comprenez that?
My point, shit for brains was not that I was equating LeBron James to Tribusky...I was pointing out that when it seems appropriate, yes, I will occasionally advocate that the local team try to obtain local talent when it warrants it. That yes, I DO, on an occasion have an "Ohio bias" ...as does everyone.
The fact that you could not discern that simple concept from my point shows that your gray cells may be turning a little black...that nuance is not something your mind can conceive of.
Here, here is a brick. If it hits your head it will hurt. Can you comprenez that?
Sure Gip, whatever floats your boat.
But the rest of us know the truth - you have a boner for the kid just because he's from down the road.
You never heard of him until someone on ESPN said "my, this kid is interesting". You probably didn't even know he's left handed, but now you're going to make up some list about how left handed quarterbacks are actually amazing and he has franchise potential because he's left handed and from Ohio, despite the performance of the last left handed Ohio QB we took.
Fact of the matter is you just regurgitate whatever some talking head says and then quote it as fact...that is until it doesn't jive with your story. Then you say "well these guys don't know what they're talking about anyway".
Now go ahead and throw some two dollar words my way and ever so slightly shift the argument to another point or boil it down to something as mundane as "I wanted LeBron James, do you deny that he's good?"
Don't bother coming up with that left handed list - Trubisky is right handed. But you wouldn't have known that anyway, and that's my point.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
