Alabama DE Tim Williams Admits to Positive Drug Tests?
-
There's too many good edge talents to burn a first rounder on him, but I probably wouldn't hesitate in the 3rd provided it was a team need. He's the best pure pass rusher in this draft.
-
if tim williams is the best pure pass rusher in this draft.... Garrett is not worth the number 1...
-
Garrett doesn't have a character issues, has a higher ceiling AS A PASS RUSHER, and has proven he can do other things (except look good in a backpedaling drill, apparently--oh what will we do!). No comparison.
-
Guns and drugs, he and Gordon could be road roomies.
-
A 'few' failed tests?
No thanks. Consideration if he falls down draft boards though.
-
UDFA with that baggage
-
He's a lock to be drafted by the squealers then.
-
Tim Williams & Foster now have borrowed Kizer's iPod to plug into some Lione Richie's Sail on down the board. Bout a, round or so. And a, don't really wanna know. A where your goin. It was plain to see. That a, small town dope like me.Just a,wasn't your cup of tea. It WAS, wishful thinkin...now back to my mowin drinkin..
-
All's fair in big time college football.
-
All's fair in big time college football.
Apparently a bit more fair in Tuscaloosa .
-
All's fair in big time college football.
Apparently a bit more fair in Tuscaloosa .
Apparently a bit more fair in Tuscaloosa .
I can't wait to hear the Hillbillies calling into the Nashville's sports radio 70 miles North of the Bama border. It'll be all about the evil agenda to take down Alabama's domination of the SEC. I'll try to remember the funny stuff I hear tomorrow morning for yuz because it's gonna be a rip snortin riot...
-
All's fair in big time college football.
Apparently a bit more fair in Tuscaloosa .
-
i think its pretty clear you have either no issues with character or are biased to your southern brothers war. The latter really affects your ability to judge player abilities fairly and they former is just a preference. the Raiders come to mind in that regard as do the pats. These type of prospects are a great use of your comp picks and later round picks where the risk assessment is better. I'd take foster in the middle rounds same with williams. The only people hurt by their behavior are themselves
-
Back on that "Urban is a good man who doesn't play games" soapbox [of lies]?
Who the fuck are you quoting? Wasn't me, I said 'pulls no punches'. Get at me when you see one of our players admit to multiple failed tests, possession, gun charges and such that Tour highlighted and never hear much of a peep about it.
-
Back on that "Urban is a good man who doesn't play games" soapbox [of lies]?
Who the fuck are you quoting? Wasn't me, I said 'pulls no punches'. Get at me when you see one of our players admit to multiple failed tests, possession, gun charges and such that Tour highlighted and never hear much of a peep about it.
Who the fuck are you quoting? Wasn't me, I said 'pulls no punches'. Get at me when you see one of our players admit to multiple failed tests, possession, gun charges and such that Tour highlighted and never hear much of a peep about it.
Right. Sorry I didn't remember the exact two month-old quote. I had a buddy on the roster. That no one has admitted to anything means nothing. Ohio State is dirty, like every other big time program. And Urban definitely pulls punches. Is Alabama probably the best in the country at "playing the game"? Yeah. Is O State in the top 5? In my estimation, without a doubt. Urban is a grade A a**hole.
-
Bit off topic but i think OSU gets away with a TON of shit on the field. It's one of the reasons i would avoid players from the program especially lineman.
-
i think its pretty clear you have either no issues with character or are biased to your southern brothers war. The latter really affects your ability to judge player abilities fairly and they former is just a preference. the Raiders come to mind in that regard as do the pats. These type of prospects are a great use of your comp picks and later round picks where the risk assessment is better. I'd take foster in the middle rounds same with williams. The only people hurt by their behavior are themselves
i think its pretty clear you have either no issues with character or are biased to your southern brothers war. The latter really affects your ability to judge player abilities fairly and they former is just a preference. the Raiders come to mind in that regard as do the pats. These type of prospects are a great use of your comp picks and later round picks where the risk assessment is better. I'd take foster in the middle rounds same with williams. The only people hurt by their behavior are themselves
I don't need my favorite team to have my morality. If I met any individual player personally, I'd be more than happy to tell them about the grace of Jesus Christ and realize they are saved if they'll just believe. But it matters not to me the character makeup of my favorite football team. Why would it? It's a football team. They're not babysitting my kids. They're not going to lunch with my wife. They're not the elders at my church. They're football players. So I choose to care about whether or not they can play football. Believe me, being a fan is easier when you get rid of this ridiculous self-righteousness about people you don't even know who have zero relevance to your life outside of playing football.
If their character flaws are an inhibition to their ability to play football, then I will allow them to enter my purview. And that's why I wouldn't spend a first rounder on Tim Williams (if these character issues were NOT present and we weren't already likely taking Garrett, I absolutely would be cool with a 1st on TW). But the suspensions are somewhat minimal (see Miller, Von) and suspensions for weed will likely go away in the next few years anyway. Furthermore, we have a boatload of picks. So yeah, I'd be willing to drop a 3rd on this kind of talent if he shows me he won't let his habits affect the team.
-
Bit off topic but i think OSU gets away with a TON of shit on the field. It's one of the reasons i would avoid players from the program especially lineman.
Bit off topic but i think OSU gets away with a TON of shit on the field. It's one of the reasons i would avoid players from the program especially lineman.
The football field is a very violent and dark place. We're shielded from that in the stands or on our couches but that's another reason you need enforcers. Guys are poking out eyes, punching guts, pulling a Clemson and checking guys' oil. Whatever people can do to gain an edge. Another reason not to sweat these guys on a deeper level, because if half the fans really knew, they probably wouldn't even watch the game.
-
Who the fuck are you quoting? Wasn't me, I said 'pulls no punches'. Get at me when you see one of our players admit to multiple failed tests, possession, gun charges and such that Tour highlighted and never hear much of a peep about it.
Right. Sorry I didn't remember the exact two month-old quote. I had a buddy on the roster. That no one has admitted to anything means nothing. Ohio State is dirty, like every other big time program. And Urban definitely pulls punches. Is Alabama probably the best in the country at "playing the game"? Yeah. Is O State in the top 5? In my estimation, without a doubt. Urban is a grade A a**hole.
Right. Sorry I didn't remember the exact two month-old quote. I had a buddy on the roster. That no one has admitted to anything means nothing. Ohio State is dirty, like every other big time program. And Urban definitely pulls punches. Is Alabama probably the best in the country at "playing the game"? Yeah. Is O State in the top 5? In my estimation, without a doubt. Urban is a grade A a**hole.
So it shouldn't be any problem to understand Nick Saban is also a grade A a**hole. Just listen to some of his press conferences if you haven't already done so when he's ripping reporters a new ass after his team rathoused somebody by over 49 points when he's blaming the media for the reason his team took the opponent way too lightly after reading how good they are. And did you ever see the Junction Boys movie about Bear Bryant and how he treated players? Nice guys make terrific friends but they're not always the elite football coaches.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login