Skip to content

OK, just announce we're taking Garrett....

The Browns Board
353 42 9.4k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    what's ur issue with Peppers? cause he's a wolverine? I mean there's 1-2 players i might like at 12 better than him but they may not be there. I'd be more than happy with Peppers at 12 if Hooker or that other safety is gone. Which it's likely they will be. There's things i would have liked to see the Browns do with 12 beside draft anybody, like a package for Cousins. But if we stay at 12 i don't understand why anyone would be upset with peppers

  • At long last Gipper has a reason to whole-heartedly jump on the Garrett bandwagon...

    Myles Garrett almost went to Ohio State because of dinosaurs

    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A child loved dinosaurs. That child grew into a 6-foot-4, 272-pound man, and he still loved dinosaurs.

    Along the way, he loved dinosaurs so much, he thought about studying them in college.

    That's why Myles Garrett said his early favorite in the recruiting process was Ohio State.

    Ohio State's School of Earth Sciences is a fine place for an undergrad to lay the groundwork for a career in paleontology, the study of what fossils tell scientists about the past. Ohio State also features a highly respected graduate school for future paleontologists.

    https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/03/why_myles_garrett_almost_went.html

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Ohio State's School of Earth Sciences is a fine place for an undergrad to lay the groundwork for a career in paleontology, the study of what fossils tell scientists about the past.

    Fortunately he has a good chance of being taken by the Browns so he can come to the Browns Board to study fossilized dinosaurs. 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Who do we take @ #12? Nice article on possibilities assuming Garrett is #1. Comments?

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/cleveland_browns_no_12_overall.html

    ANYONE but Gerbil Peepers at #12. I'm OK with him in the second round.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm starting to think we shouldn't draft a QB in the first round unless we trade back into the 20's from pick 33. If our coaches and front office are truly blown away by one of the rookies, I guess that's different, but if we're not really in absolute LOVE with a rookie, I don't want to see us take one just because we "have to". Not only that, but there are some big time defensive studs in this draft, so it actually wouldn't surprise me if we traded up from 12 into the top 7 so we could grab one of the top safeties (a giant position of need). Would our Titans 2nd rounder be enough to move from 12 to say....6? (Jets' pick). I'm not sure, as I don't have the draft chart in front of me. But seeing as we need a safety so badly, AND there are two VERY regarded safety prospects....I'd be cool with it. If we came away from round 1 with the best overall player prospect, AND the best overall safety...I'd have to think that would be a tremendous success.

    On the downside, it doesn't address our perpetual QB debacle. Would Jimmy Haslam truly have the patience to let our team ride another year without a QB answer? I hope so because that might be the best course of action.

    I read that next year's QB class might be stronger...and some think "MUCH stronger". Would it be THAT awful to wait another year for QB? Can Kessler, or perhaps Osweiler, win more than 1 game? I think they could, especially with an improved defense, more effective DC, stronger OL, and slightly easier schedule.

    Jiggins, that "wait till next year" card has been played too many times. THIS year was supposed to be better than LAST year, remember? I even got caught up in the "Dumpster Dive for DeShawn". Sheeze, now he might last till the third round? NEXT year is gonna be DA QB Bomb though. It's been pointed out Trubs is rated as high as anyone since Luck. We gonna pass again?

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    It's been pointed out Trubs is rated as high as anyone since Luck. We gonna pass again?

    Dafaq? Pointed out by who? Gip? Need sauce on that, cause my bullshit meter is pegged.

    I'm sure you may find one crazy hermit that thinks that, but that certainly not the consensus.

  • @hoorta said:

    It's been pointed out Trubs is rated as high as anyone since Luck. We gonna pass again?

    Dafaq? Pointed out by who? Gip? Need sauce on that, cause my bullshit meter is pegged.

    I'm sure you may find one crazy hermit that thinks that, but that certainly not the consensus.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Dafaq? Pointed out by who? Gip? Need sauce on that, cause my bullshit meter is pegged.

    I'm sure you may find one crazy hermit that thinks that, but that certainly not the consensus.

    From NFL.com who also says Leonard Fournette is comparable to Bo Fucking Jackson.

  • @choco said:

    Dafaq? Pointed out by who? Gip? Need sauce on that, cause my bullshit meter is pegged.

    I'm sure you may find one crazy hermit that thinks that, but that certainly not the consensus.

    From NFL.com who also says Leonard Fournette is comparable to Bo Fucking Jackson.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    From NFL.com ...

    If it's true that Trubs is the best since Luck, then why can't we all see it? Can't be but 1 in 4 here that do.

    I wasn't around at the time, but I have to believe it was closer to 3 in 4 in Luck's case. Maybe some that were around here when Luck came out can chime in.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    From NFL.com ...

    If it's true that Trubs is the best since Luck, then why can't we all see it? Can't be but 1 in 4 here that do.

    I wasn't around at the time, but I have to believe it was closer to 3 in 4 in Luck's case. Maybe some that were around here when Luck came out can chime in.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares

    @tour2ma said:

    If it's true that Trubs is the best since Luck, then why can't we all see it? Can't be but 1 in 4 here that do.

    I wasn't around at the time, but I have to believe it was closer to 3 in 4 in Luck's case. Maybe some that were around here when Luck came out can chime in.

    While anecdotal, I don't recall any dissenting opinions on Luck being the number one prospect (not just QB) that year among the experts.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    Trubs is no andrew luck

  • Trubs is no andrew luck

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares

    @clevfan4life said:

    Trubs is no andrew luck

    Everyone should be firmly aware of that. Fournette is also not Bo Jackson. People would be sprinting to the podium for Andrew Luck and Bo Jackson 2.0.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Not a Manning or an Elway either. Just a QB with 5 losses in his only year.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I fail to see the value of quoting "QB" W/L records...

  • @hoorta said:

    It's been pointed out Trubs is rated as high as anyone since Luck. We gonna pass again?

    Dafaq? Pointed out by who? Gip? Need sauce on that, cause my bullshit meter is pegged.

    I'm sure you may find one crazy hermit that thinks that, but that certainly not the consensus.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    Dafaq? Pointed out by who? Gip? Need sauce on that, cause my bullshit meter is pegged.

    I'm sure you may find one crazy hermit that thinks that, but that certainly not the consensus.

    It was some grading system. Not sure whose. I think Tour posted it. It has been on here. If you read the board you would not have missed it.

  • Not a Manning or an Elway either. Just a QB with 5 losses in his only year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Not a Manning or an Elway either. Just a QB with 5 losses in his only year.

    And your boys team had just as many. And he played defense on a team that gave up the likes of 54 points and 38 points and the like....but they sure did well against Prairie View, Texas San Antonio, and New Mexico State. There ain't no Prairie Views in the NFL

  • I fail to see the value of quoting "QB" W/L records...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I fail to see the value of quoting "QB" W/L records...

    Well, it is done for NFL QBs. But for sure it is an entire team matter.

  • I fail to see the value of quoting "QB" W/L records...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I fail to see the value of quoting "QB" W/L records...

    Cam Newton - National Junior College Champion and NCAA Div I National Champion. Nah, those records mean nothing at all when it comes to losses.

    And Gip you have been arguing for months that the QB makes the most difference in wins, but now you want to change that to a DE? A bit hypocritical, no?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    I love when people use the "win" factor.....example.....Chargers picked Bosa and didnt win more games, how'd that pick work for ya???"

    That is a dumb ass argument.....and we hear it over and over again....

    Cant we all agree that there is no "one" player that is the difference for a team as bad as the Browns? it will take many "better players than we have" to make this team competitive.....many........(many)

    MANY(LOTS).....more than one.......etc

  • Sacks: Total / Leader

    • 2016: 26 / Ogbah 6.0
    • 2015: 29 / A. Bryant 5.5
    • 2014: 30 / Kruger 11.0
    • 2013: 49 / Sheard 5.5
    • 2012: 37 / Sheard 7.0
    • 2011: 39 / Sheard 8.5
    • 2010: 29 / Benard 7.5
    • 2009: 40 / Wimbley 6.5
    • 2008: 17 / Rogers 4.5
    • 2007: 28 / Wimbley 5.0
    • 2006: 28 / Wimbley 11... need I go on?

    It's be nice to see a double digit leader again. It's be nice to average 3+ per game again as a team...

    #Front2backInsideout...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Sacks: Total / Leader

    • 2010: 29 / Benard 7.5

    Maybe I am having a brain fart, maybe it is all too telling ... but as i sit here, I literally don't know who that is.

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    I fail to see the value of quoting "QB" W/L records...

    Cam Newton - National Junior College Champion and NCAA Div I National Champion. Nah, those records mean nothing at all when it comes to losses.

    And Gip you have been arguing for months that the QB makes the most difference in wins, but now you want to change that to a DE? A bit hypocritical, no?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Cam Newton - National Junior College Champion and NCAA Div I National Champion. Nah, those records mean nothing at all when it comes to losses.

    And Gip you have been arguing for months that the QB makes the most difference in wins, but now you want to change that to a DE? A bit hypocritical, no?

    You are obviously having trouble interpreting the English language. Of course the QB is the most important cog. But all I pointed out is that the TAMU defense kind of sucked....unless they were playing the Little Sisters of the poor.

    You tout this guy as Superman....yet he had little effect on keeping the other team from scoring in college. What effect will he have in the pros?

    Not near as much as a QB.

  • I love when people use the "win" factor.....example.....Chargers picked Bosa and didnt win more games, how'd that pick work for ya???"

    That is a dumb ass argument.....and we hear it over and over again....

    Cant we all agree that there is no "one" player that is the difference for a team as bad as the Browns? it will take many "better players than we have" to make this team competitive.....many........(many)

    MANY(LOTS).....more than one.......etc

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    I love when people use the "win" factor.....example.....Chargers picked Bosa and didnt win more games, how'd that pick work for ya???"

    That is a dumb ass argument.....and we hear it over and over again....

    Cant we all agree that there is no "one" player that is the difference for a team as bad as the Browns? it will take many "better players than we have" to make this team competitive.....many........(many)

    MANY(LOTS).....more than one.......etc

    Certainly. But a good leader can have a great effect on a team. While they must have other good players, a Brady, a Rodgers, a Peyton Can and do have serious impact on overall team performance.

    I mean, there are very few people that would think, say, taking Bernie Kosar out of a game and putting in Todd Philcox would not make any difference. Yet there was one genius who once upon a time apparently felt that.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Sacks: Total / Leader

    • 2010: 29 / Benard 7.5

    Maybe I am having a brain fart, maybe it is all too telling ... but as i sit here, I literally don't know who that is.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Maybe I am having a brain fart, maybe it is all too telling ... but as i sit here, I literally don't know who that is.

    Say it ain't so, Zo... would a first name have helped?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Benard

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ohio State's School of Earth Sciences is a fine place for an undergrad to lay the groundwork for a career in paleontology, the study of what fossils tell scientists about the past.

    Fortunately he has a good chance of being taken by the Browns so he can come to the Browns Board to study fossilized dinosaurs. 😉

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Fortunately he has a good chance of being taken by the Browns so he can come to the Browns Board to study fossilized dinosaurs. 😉

    There are many fossils to be found in the Ohio shale near Cleveland. 🙂

    @logicisforsquares said:

    From NFL.com who also says Leonard Fournette is comparable to Bo Fucking Jackson.

    Like hell. Fournette is a turtle compared to Jackson. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/is_bo_jackson_the_true_record-.html