Camp Barnett for #12
-
YOU seem to want it both ways. Pre draft grades count if they favor your argument...but they don't if they don't?
Pre draft grades can count. I have never said that Garrett may not be the "best prospect" out there. With his pre draft grades he very well may be. I have only said don't let the pre draft grade get you to thinking that anyone is invincible. They are not. The guy with the best pre draft grade may turn out great.
So....Garrett has the best pre draft grade in this class.
And MT has the best pre draft grade of any QB since Luck.
Both can be true.
But we need a franchise QB more than we need another DE.
And we got the guy with the best pre draft grade of a QB in 5 years there in front of us.
So...just what is it about THAT you don't get?
We need a QB...above all else.
Gee, shucks. I was actually baiting YOU into getting to have it both ways. You caught on...though just barely. You're slipping a bit.
You can't claim Barnett to be a superior prospect to Garrett because "his stats are better" and then turn around and say Trubisky is better because "some people gave him a good pre draft grade".
If you go the predraft grade route, Garrett wins. If you go the stats route, Watson wins. You dug yourself two different holes.
Or...you can do what the rest of us do and objectively look at the whole package. Garrett is a no-brainer at one, he has the lowest bust potential of any of them. Trubisky, on the other hand, is one big question mark. Just because he's from podunkfuck Ohio doesn't mean anything.
Take the guy with the lowest bust potential. It's simple.
But now you're gonna say "these 'experts' don't really know much more than we do"...completely ignoring the fact ghat your one argument for Trubisky is that these "experts" gave him a high predraft grade.
Then someone will point that out and you'll shift to say something about how Gayrett might not be that good and we won't know for five years.
Then someone will say "but we do know Garrett has a better pre draft grade than Trubisky" and you'll say that it doesn't matter because we need a QB more.
Then someone will say that we can get a QB at 12 or later and you'll say "Trubisky won't be there at 12 and he's the best because some experts Gave him a better pre draft grade."
Then someone will say these experts gave Garrett a much higher grade than Trubisky.
Go back to step one and repeat.
Trubisky, on the other hand, is one big question mark. Just because he's from podunkfuck Ohio doesn't mean anything

Ok this just made my day..thanks TCPO...carry on my Gayward Sons.there'll be peace when your both done
-
Now you're shifting the argument. This isn't about Trubisky versus Garrett. It's about Barnett versus Garrett. You're saying Barnett may be better with nothing but stats against vastly different competition to back it up.
I didn't shift. I just took one segment of the argument that warranted it and gave it some in depth analysis. Do you want 5 more posts of me trying to refute TCs bogus BS....or do you want something you can look at manageably?
I am not obligated to go tit for tat against everything anyone says....meritless or not. Right?
If you wanted a counter argument to every sentence that TC says, you have my permission to go ahead and take on that mantle.
I didn't shift. I just took one segment of the argument that warranted it and gave it some in depth analysis. Do you want 5 more posts of me trying to refute TCs bogus BS....or do you want something you can look at manageably?
I am not obligated to go tit for tat against everything anyone says....meritless or not. Right?
If you wanted a counter argument to every sentence that TC says, you have my permission to go ahead and take on that mantle.
Huh? Our discussion has nothing to do with TC. Dude, did you forget your meds today or something?
-
I didn't shift. I just took one segment of the argument that warranted it and gave it some in depth analysis. Do you want 5 more posts of me trying to refute TCs bogus BS....or do you want something you can look at manageably?
I am not obligated to go tit for tat against everything anyone says....meritless or not. Right?
If you wanted a counter argument to every sentence that TC says, you have my permission to go ahead and take on that mantle.
Huh? Our discussion has nothing to do with TC. Dude, did you forget your meds today or something?
Huh? Our discussion has nothing to do with TC. Dude, did you forget your meds today or something?
Have you not been paying attention? You have mimicked anything and everything that TC has been saying. I mean. you have been on his tail like a Whale Barnacle.
So...in answering him...I have been answering you as well. And sometimes when I answered you it was also in response to him.
Do I have to repeat the same thing over for you that I just said to him? Or vice versa? You just complained about not wanting repetiveness...now you are begging for it?
-
You guys are talking about pre-draft grades from NFL experts, something I haven't mentioned at all. But I appreciate your attempt to stop the repetition anyway.
-
Trubisky, on the other hand, is one big question mark. Just because he's from podunkfuck Ohio doesn't mean anything

Ok this just made my day..thanks TCPO...carry on my Gayward Sons.there'll be peace when your both done
-
-
I think it was Riddick that was commenting on the Hue-Dobbs connection at the Sr. Bowl and the progress Dobbs made under Hue's tutelage through the week.
I can't shake the feeling he's the guy we have our eye on.
I'm going back and watching tape on him this week when I have some time. He checks every single box as far as size, intangibles, and athletic ability. Biggest concerns for me are his footwork and his ability to process reads - both of which seem to be general-consensus knocks on him. One can be fixed...while the other could be as well.
If the guy is anything, it's smart.
If the guy is anything, it's smart.
If he's so smart, then why shave the eyebrows? I mean seriously... that look is a deal breaker. Even Shazier gave that shit up. At best he's dodging drug tests...
Hadn't really watched Dobbs except for Sr. Bowl, when I thought he looked lost, but WTF... who needs sleep. So pulled up what was statistically his best game vs. Vandy... plus I can see a little Kamara and Zack C.
Pretty well bored to tears in 1st half with a lot of predetermined, quick throws to WRs since Vandy was giving steady 10-yd cushions with some fairly uninspiring read-option keepers mixed in. Pretty soon began to realize that the throws were quick, pretty accurrate and had zip. Then late there was a nice pump fake and TD throw to a wide-open WR.
Then came...
Good bit to like in that one play... then he went kinda limp the rest of the way.
Dunno...
Saw a flash, but not enough.
Nice release... seems to "push" a lot of short to intermediate balls. I think in part that's why the above highlighted play jumped out at me... he cut one loose.
More than a few times I thought of Terrell Pryor in his Ohio State days.
-
Dude, he has a condition....
-
We aren't taking a QB at #1 and we aren't passing on Garrett.
I doubt we take a QB at 12 unless it is part of a trade. I am thinking Nate Peterman with one of the 2nd rounders. A good looking prospect not many talk about.
And why....considering that a QB IS the #1 priority...the #1 biggest hole this team has?
And why....considering that a QB IS the #1 priority...the #1 biggest hole this team has?
Because even though some feel Mitch is the #1 QB in the class, that doesn't mean the QB class is all that talented. He just sits on top of it.
You want to take a QB with 13 college starts and wait 2-3 years to get him groomed, go for it. The sad reality is the team needs to get immediate impact out of it's top drafted players. Garrett brings that immediate impact, and in case you haven't noticed, pass rusher is a position of big need, and not all that far behind QB in overall impact to a team.
I like Peterman out of Pitt. He has the skills, and he played in a pro-set O. One less thing for him to transition going in to the pros. We could probably get him late 2nd, early 3rd and allow him a year or two to grow.
Sorry, you just can't sprinkle magic dust on a QB, draft him #1, and call him your franchie guy. Well, you can, but it isn't going to make it so. If Mitch is there at 12, I could see us taking him there. It isn';t going to happen at 1.
-
If the guy is anything, it's smart.
If he's so smart, then why shave the eyebrows? I mean seriously... that look is a deal breaker. Even Shazier gave that shit up. At best he's dodging drug tests...
Hadn't really watched Dobbs except for Sr. Bowl, when I thought he looked lost, but WTF... who needs sleep. So pulled up what was statistically his best game vs. Vandy... plus I can see a little Kamara and Zack C.
Pretty well bored to tears in 1st half with a lot of predetermined, quick throws to WRs since Vandy was giving steady 10-yd cushions with some fairly uninspiring read-option keepers mixed in. Pretty soon began to realize that the throws were quick, pretty accurrate and had zip. Then late there was a nice pump fake and TD throw to a wide-open WR.
Then came...
Good bit to like in that one play... then he went kinda limp the rest of the way.
Dunno...
Saw a flash, but not enough.
Nice release... seems to "push" a lot of short to intermediate balls. I think in part that's why the above highlighted play jumped out at me... he cut one loose.
More than a few times I thought of Terrell Pryor in his Ohio State days.
If he's so smart, then why shave the eyebrows? I mean seriously... that look is a deal breaker. Even Shazier gave that shit up. At best he's dodging drug tests...
Hadn't really watched Dobbs except for Sr. Bowl, when I thought he looked lost, but WTF... who needs sleep. So pulled up what was statistically his best game vs. Vandy... plus I can see a little Kamara and Zack C.
Pretty well bored to tears in 1st half with a lot of predetermined, quick throws to WRs since Vandy was giving steady 10-yd cushions with some fairly uninspiring read-option keepers mixed in. Pretty soon began to realize that the throws were quick, pretty accurrate and had zip. Then late there was a nice pump fake and TD throw to a wide-open WR.
Then came...
Good bit to like in that one play... then he went kinda limp the rest of the way.
Dunno...
Saw a flash, but not enough.
Nice release... seems to "push" a lot of short to intermediate balls. I think in part that's why the above highlighted play jumped out at me... he cut one loose.
More than a few times I thought of Terrell Pryor in his Ohio State days.
He has alopecia
-
You guys are talking about pre-draft grades from NFL experts, something I haven't mentioned at all. But I appreciate your attempt to stop the repetition anyway.
You guys are talking about pre-draft grades from NFL experts, something I haven't mentioned at all. But I appreciate your attempt to stop the repetition anyway.
Ketchup, baby tomato.
-
If he's so smart, then why shave the eyebrows? I mean seriously... that look is a deal breaker. Even Shazier gave that shit up. At best he's dodging drug tests...
Hadn't really watched Dobbs except for Sr. Bowl, when I thought he looked lost, but WTF... who needs sleep. So pulled up what was statistically his best game vs. Vandy... plus I can see a little Kamara and Zack C.
Pretty well bored to tears in 1st half with a lot of predetermined, quick throws to WRs since Vandy was giving steady 10-yd cushions with some fairly uninspiring read-option keepers mixed in. Pretty soon began to realize that the throws were quick, pretty accurrate and had zip. Then late there was a nice pump fake and TD throw to a wide-open WR.
Then came...
Good bit to like in that one play... then he went kinda limp the rest of the way.
Dunno...
Saw a flash, but not enough.
Nice release... seems to "push" a lot of short to intermediate balls. I think in part that's why the above highlighted play jumped out at me... he cut one loose.
More than a few times I thought of Terrell Pryor in his Ohio State days.
He has alopecia
He has alopecia
Never heard of it... still weirds me out...
Thoughts on my other impressions?
-
He has alopecia
Never heard of it... still weirds me out...
Thoughts on my other impressions?
Never heard of it... still weirds me out...
Thoughts on my other impressions?
Essentially, his immune system progressively rejects his hair. It's essentially extreme hair loss on a full-body scale. Most people with the condition end up just shaving their head so they don't look patchy.
The Tennessee offense was not conducive to his growth - he came out as a four-star Pro Style quarterback then stagnated in Tennessee's offensive system. I get bored watching their games, the offensive is predicated on quick throws, screens and mismatches and then not very many successful runs to break it up. On top of that, Dobbs really doesn't take too many shots down field at all. But that's not to say he can't - he has a slightly above average arm and his deep balls have a nice trajectory on them. I like
- even though it was an incompletion, the ball traveled about 45-50 yards in the air (from the 40 and short hash to opposite front corner of the end zone) and it was timely delivered at a good trajectory and maybe just a hair underthrown. - almost a perfect throw that travels about 45 yards at a nice clip... and his receiver just dropped it.He can read the field, he commands that offense, and he has the ability to deliver the ball where he wants. He tends to do too much, which I think is just a direct result of being in an offense that isn't conducive to big plays and due to them losing their starting runningback unexpectedly early in the year (he flat out quit).
are an example of him taking advantage of a defense with his athletic ability, similar to what Prescott so often did at Miss. State.He has plenty of flaws - but who doesn't. His flaws aren't gamebreakers, however. His footwork is pretty bad and it seems like he doesn't trust himself on throws over the middle very often. But according to reports from the Senior Bowl, Hue loved him and said he was progressing on a daily basis - so much so that Dobbs ended up getting double the reps of any other QB.
-
-
Sorry... don't see Dak... I see Pryor...
That's fine. Few people saw Wilson in Wilson. Even fewer people saw Dak in Dak. And even fewer saw Brady in Brady.
Not to say that Dobbs is any of them, just that it is impossible to gauge what a player will do when he enters the league. That's why I value work ethic above all...which is unfortunately impossible to quantify.
-
On a related note.....another QB most associated with the Tits (though his actual last roster spot on an NFL team was with the Browns):
Vince Young signs up to play for Saskatchewan of the CFL.
Now....what needs to happen is that Vince needs to have a talk with both Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel to tell those hosers that
CehNehDeh is cool.
-
CenNehDeh is JM's fallback if he gets no bites in the NFL.
-
CenNehDeh is JM's fallback if he gets no bites in the NFL.
CenNehDeh is JM's fallback if he gets no bites in the NFL.
OK eh. CehNehDeh it will be I think.
-
CenNehDeh is JM's fallback if he gets no bites in the NFL.
OK eh. CehNehDeh it will be I think.
OK eh. CehNehDeh it will be I think.
Most likely.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
