Kenny Britt signing with the Browns
-
Kenny Britt..... for 17mil?
Really?!?
-
What a weird move .....
the superbowl champs have been more active than the 1-15 team in FA so far ....Gilmore is a huge pick up for them
-
Its only baffling if you assume the Browns didn't try to keep Pryor. We know they did, but I suspect the agent is asking for way too much money. However, I still hope they do sign him because then you can do this:
WR1: Pryor
WR2: Britt
Slot: Coleman
Coleman would be an excellent slot receiver.
Its only baffling if you assume the Browns didn't try to keep Pryor. We know they did, but I suspect the agent is asking for way too much money. However, I still hope they do sign him because then you can do this:
WR1: Pryor
WR2: Britt
Slot: Coleman
Coleman would be an excellent slot receiver.
I guess it's more baffling to me because Britt is markedly mediocre, at near 29 years old to get $17mil guaranteed is Dwayne Bowe-esque head scratching.
Seeing as this was almost dollar for dollar the deal I thought TP should get (seriously, check out my comment in the TP thread), that would be mean keeping TP would result in having $40+ million guaranteed in the following
Kenny Britt
Terrelle Pryor
Corey Coleman
Yikes..
-
1000 yards under Keenan and Goff was pretty good and maybe they see him as the veteran presence in the WR room?
-
like Jefferson, some FA's don't want to play for a 1-15, continually losing team.
Maybe there should only be one team in the NFL - so nobody has to have a losing season
and make some young yuppies pout that they don't get participation trophys unless their team
goes to the superbowl.
-
-
WTF, buying scraps again. IF this is with Pryor is meh ok. If it's instead of Pryor someone needs fired today. 1) We have to demonstrate willingness to pay players to keep them 2) 1000 yards 5 TD's is Britts career best , it's Pryors floor in first year a a receiver. I expected better I really did.
-
Pretty solid for a #2 on the outside. If that's not what he is for us then this is silly.
-
-
Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)
Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)
Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about. -
This is an underwhelming signing, I would like it better if we are able to keep Pryor.
-
Has Britt had any off the field issues lately?
I remember him getting suspended a lot when he played for the Titans.
Bar fights and stuff.
-
Yep. I like the signing IF Pryor was on the team. He'd be a valuable asset, and we'd have Pryor, Britt, and Coleman. A real WR corp. Alas...we now have Britt and Coleman, and three other dweebs we wasted picks on last year. And yes, I realize they were rookies, but I don't think any of them have what it takes. I hope I'm wrong. Hell, COLEMAN might not have what it takes.
-
What a Browns thing to do..
Let's get rid of an up-and-coming WR in Pryor for an underwhelming vet in Britt..
It's like TJ Ward and Donte Whitner all over again! >

-
What a Browns thing to do..
Let's get rid of an up-and-coming WR in Pryor for an underwhelming vet in Britt..
It's like TJ Ward and Donte Whitner all over again! >

What a Browns thing to do..
Let's get rid of an up-and-coming WR in Pryor for an underwhelming vet in Britt..
It's like TJ Ward and Donte Whitner all over again! >

How is Pryor an "up and coming WR" when they're the same age?? Britt has more than one season of production under his belt and if Pryor is really trying to get $10+ million per year, then Britt is a much better signing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login