Skip to content

Kenny Britt signing with the Browns

The Browns Board
167 48 6.7k
  • in 104 career games, Britt has averaged: 3 receptions on 5.4 targets, 47 yds .28 TDs and 2.1 first down receptions per game.

    @roycerolls said:

    in 104 career games, Britt has averaged: 3 receptions on 5.4 targets, 47 yds .28 TDs and 2.1 first down receptions per game.

    That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

    Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

    And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

    Zombo

  • @choco said:

    OSU homers are quite amusing. Thinking 8 figures on a WR convert with 1 OK year is good move.

    The OSU homer bullshit is getting old. Britt is a JAG. Career scattered with behavior problems and ONE season of 1000 yards in 8 seasons. You've seen his ceiling. Pryor as a "rookie" receiver hit the 1000. You haven't seen close to his ceiling. This is a fact whether he's from OSU or fucking Mars!

    @jcam222 said:

    The OSU homer bullshit is getting old. Britt is a JAG. Career scattered with behavior problems and ONE season of 1000 yards in 8 seasons. You've seen his ceiling. Pryor as a "rookie" receiver hit the 1000. You haven't seen close to his ceiling. This is a fact whether he's from OSU or fucking Mars!

    Cool story...

    Imagine that...A Homer chimes in to profess how awesome Pryor is...Never saw that coming ?

    Pryor may have hit his ceiling...You can't possibly know if he has or not after 1 OK year.

  • Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.
    I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about.

    @gftchris said:

    Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.

    I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about.

    With someone competent throwing the ball pryor drstroys britt. The physical skillset isnt remotely comparable

  • Britt has tweeted ...

    "people asking why Cleveland? Why not Cleveland, make a change and have the chance to be part of something special"

  • @unsympathetic said:

    This signing isn't anything other than the prod for TP and his agent to get back to the negotiating table. Britt won't earn any PT other than ST anyway.. he's not good.

    WalterFootball rates this a Millen F- grade for great reasons..

    Imagine that...some website doesn't like a FA signing. Other football experts are calling it a great signing. The guy had 1000 yards receiving on a shit team. Just like Pryor last year. Pryor wants 12 million a year...Britt was signed for 8... same age, same production 4 million dollars saved. Doesn't take a harvard nerd to figure out that it's not a terrible signing.

    @mark-o said:

    Imagine that...some website doesn't like a FA signing. Other football experts are calling it a great signing. The guy had 1000 yards receiving on a shit team. Just like Pryor last year. Pryor wants 12 million a year...Britt was signed for 8... same age, same production 4 million dollars saved. Doesn't take a harvard nerd to figure out that it's not a terrible signing.

    Pryor wanting more than ten per is ridiculous. Based on what I understand the Steelers kicked the tires on Pryor and he wants the sun and the moon. Britt isn't a world beater and has been one of those guys always on the "loads of talent, lack of production" list but he's coming off a decent year and he's cheaper. It's not really rocket science. Pryor isn't worth the money he's asking. I'm surprised people here are all upset. Pryor is worth ten million plus per year?
  • Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

  • @roycerolls said:

    in 104 career games, Britt has averaged: 3 receptions on 5.4 targets, 47 yds .28 TDs and 2.1 first down receptions per game.

    That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

    Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

    And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

    Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

    And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

    Zombo

    I wasn't trying to editorialize, just putting the averages out there.

    My knowledge of Britt is largely confined to what I've read in this thread. He could just be looking for a pay day or he could be looking to help turn a historically bad team around.

    Either way, the Browns have to spend money, and have a respected coach who has experience with Kenny. we will just have to wait and see how this plays out, and I'm ok with that.

  • @gftchris said:

    Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.

    I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about.

    With someone competent throwing the ball pryor drstroys britt. The physical skillset isnt remotely comparable

    @clevfan4life said:

    With someone competent throwing the ball pryor drstroys britt. The physical skillset isnt remotely comparable

    Yeah Britt really benefitted from have perennial pro bowler Case Keenum in LA.
  • Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    Gregg has to see him as a positive, vet example for the kiddie corps in our WR room or we would not have signed him.

    I don't get all the consternation...

  • Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    Gregg has to see him as a positive, vet example for the kiddie corps in our WR room or we would not have signed him.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    @tour2ma said:

    Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

    "he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

    I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How good is Kenny Britt, really?

    How good is Terrelle Pryor, really?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    How good is Terrelle Pryor, really?

    Mike

    We don't really know...do we.

  • Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

    @londonbrown said:

    Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

    Drew Rosenhaus is his agent.

    With the definition in the dictionary of moron...they show his photo (or is that with the definition of "Asshole"...I think that may be it)

  • @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

    "he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

    I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

    "he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

    I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

    So then why are you pretending Pryor has no red flags? Do you simply dismiss his childish behavior as "wanting to win"?

    Tell me again how Pryor is a to 3 WR after one year....?

  • This seems like another dumb move

  • are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    Did not even need pink font for that...

    @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

  • are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.
  • @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.

    @choco said:

    And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.

    The people who are spending Haslem's money have to answer to the fans, especially lifelong fans like Mud. I would hope in the end we hear better explanations down the road about what they have been doing since coming into the FO. Any day now I expect to hear "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or "There have been no contacts with the Russians by our staff". We've already heard, "Trust me on this one."

  • When has any FO ever given a good explanation of what it is that they "are doing"?