Skip to content

Kenny Britt signing with the Browns

The Browns Board
167 48 6.7k
  • Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

  • @roycerolls said:

    in 104 career games, Britt has averaged: 3 receptions on 5.4 targets, 47 yds .28 TDs and 2.1 first down receptions per game.

    That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

    Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

    And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    That is all true, but most NFL execs look more recent.

    Last year he had over 1,000 yards on a team with two bad QBs and that struggled to run.

    And Greg Williams was going against him in practice every day and said, "Hey Hue, if your boys can't get that prima donna signed have them take a look at this dude ... 6'3, strong body, runs a 4.5 forty and it it's finally all coming together for him ..."

    Zombo

    I wasn't trying to editorialize, just putting the averages out there.

    My knowledge of Britt is largely confined to what I've read in this thread. He could just be looking for a pay day or he could be looking to help turn a historically bad team around.

    Either way, the Browns have to spend money, and have a respected coach who has experience with Kenny. we will just have to wait and see how this plays out, and I'm ok with that.

  • @gftchris said:

    Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

    Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.

    I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about.

    With someone competent throwing the ball pryor drstroys britt. The physical skillset isnt remotely comparable

    @clevfan4life said:

    With someone competent throwing the ball pryor drstroys britt. The physical skillset isnt remotely comparable

    Yeah Britt really benefitted from have perennial pro bowler Case Keenum in LA.
  • Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    Gregg has to see him as a positive, vet example for the kiddie corps in our WR room or we would not have signed him.

    I don't get all the consternation...

  • Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    Gregg has to see him as a positive, vet example for the kiddie corps in our WR room or we would not have signed him.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    @tour2ma said:

    Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

    "he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

    I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

  • @the-gipper said:

    How good is Kenny Britt, really?

    How good is Terrelle Pryor, really?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    How good is Terrelle Pryor, really?

    Mike

    We don't really know...do we.

  • Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

    @londonbrown said:

    Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

    Drew Rosenhaus is his agent.

    With the definition in the dictionary of moron...they show his photo (or is that with the definition of "Asshole"...I think that may be it)

  • @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

    "he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

    I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

    "he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

    I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

    So then why are you pretending Pryor has no red flags? Do you simply dismiss his childish behavior as "wanting to win"?

    Tell me again how Pryor is a to 3 WR after one year....?

  • This seems like another dumb move

  • are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

    I don't get all the consternation...

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    Did not even need pink font for that...

    @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

  • are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.
  • @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.

    @choco said:

    And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.

    The people who are spending Haslem's money have to answer to the fans, especially lifelong fans like Mud. I would hope in the end we hear better explanations down the road about what they have been doing since coming into the FO. Any day now I expect to hear "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or "There have been no contacts with the Russians by our staff". We've already heard, "Trust me on this one."

  • When has any FO ever given a good explanation of what it is that they "are doing"?

  • Has Britt had any off the field issues lately?

    I remember him getting suspended a lot when he played for the Titans.

    Bar fights and stuff.

    @hx214 said:

    Has Britt had any off the field issues lately?

    I remember him getting suspended a lot when he played for the Titans.

    Bar fights and stuff.

    Britt was drafted at #30 overall. He had a lot of Josh Gordon stupidity in him early (see below). Like Josh Gordon being a more likable kid than Manziel - Britt was a way more likable screw-up than Pac Man Jones. Today, those mess ups seem to be way fewer and far between after his career got cornered into a choice of park it underachieved or giddy up. In 2016, he had the most receptions and yardage in his career. TN got the immature young man who showed up feeling entitled we look to be getting an experienced veteran entering his best football...

    Rolling Stone Magazine's 34 Wildest NFL Crimes Nobody Knows About: Kenny Britt, July 20th, 2012

    Titans receiver Kenny Britt was arrested for the seventh time of his young career last year when he was charged with drunk driving after trying to pass through a security gate at Fort Campbell Army post in Kentucky. While he was found not guilty, it seems like Britt is actively trying to remind fans of his rap sheet: arrest for two outstanding warrants (2011); resisting arrest in New Jersey after police suspected him of trying to hide a marijuana cigar (2011); eluding police in a car chase (2011); theft by deception (2011); misdemeanor driving without a valid license (2010); and, not to be forgotten, three outstanding traffic warrants (2010).

    Too bad Josh Gordon's remaining 2 brain cells never found the same marriage counselor Britt's did. Isn't there a HC in NE that cures all behavioral flaws and addictions? That could close the Garapollo trade sale but that would count on Goodell to help us or NE at the speed of park.

  • @jcam222 said:

    The OSU homer bullshit is getting old. Britt is a JAG. Career scattered with behavior problems and ONE season of 1000 yards in 8 seasons. You've seen his ceiling. Pryor as a "rookie" receiver hit the 1000. You haven't seen close to his ceiling. This is a fact whether he's from OSU or fucking Mars!

    Cool story...

    Imagine that...A Homer chimes in to profess how awesome Pryor is...Never saw that coming ?

    Pryor may have hit his ceiling...You can't possibly know if he has or not after 1 OK year.

    @choco said:

    Cool story...

    Imagine that...A Homer chimes in to profess how awesome Pryor is...Never saw that coming ?

    Pryor may have hit his ceiling...You can't possibly know if he has or not after 1 OK year.

    What I do know is Britts ceiling. Would I have payed $2MM a year more to find out if Pryor continued to improve? Yes. Is it because he is OSU alum? For me fuck no as I said there are no allegiances for me between college and NFL. . Save your 12 yo "cool story" assumptions
  • @choco said:

    Cool story...

    Imagine that...A Homer chimes in to profess how awesome Pryor is...Never saw that coming ?

    Pryor may have hit his ceiling...You can't possibly know if he has or not after 1 OK year.

    What I do know is Britts ceiling. Would I have payed $2MM a year more to find out if Pryor continued to improve? Yes. Is it because he is OSU alum? For me fuck no as I said there are no allegiances for me between college and NFL. . Save your 12 yo "cool story" assumptions

    @jcam222 said:

    Yes. Is it because he is OSU alum? For me fuck no

    Funny how I keep hearing people imply that Pryor is loved because he went to OSU....

    which, to me, just shows how ignorant folks can be....

    As an OSU fan, I and many many others actually HATED Pryor and wished he'd go away....and when the Browns first signed him, I(we) stepped up to tell folks what an entitled prick Pryor was....(and still is, apparently)....

    So Id say....with Pryor.....the homer accusations are way off base......

  • @mark-o said:

    Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

    Did not even need pink font for that...

    @mudfly said:

    are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

    Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

    I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

    If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

    @tour2ma said:

    If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

    I dont....have no issues with Pryor leaving.....just think it's funny how fans haggle over someone elses $$$....

    example......"I like Pryor at $8m, but Ill be pissed if they give him $12M""....???.....wtf?....

    I say "who cares" what they get paid......just get me the best players....not the best "deals"....

    Kap....eeeeeesh?

    side note: ....Britt is an extremely unexciting signing.....honestly..... dont hate it, but dont love it either.....just ho hum......plus, I sense a little of the Schwartz pull back coming into play here......Im thinking someone on the Browns is a little sensitive and a little reactive......

  • @tour2ma said:

    If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

    I dont....have no issues with Pryor leaving.....just think it's funny how fans haggle over someone elses $$$....

    example......"I like Pryor at $8m, but Ill be pissed if they give him $12M""....???.....wtf?....

    I say "who cares" what they get paid......just get me the best players....not the best "deals"....

    Kap....eeeeeesh?

    side note: ....Britt is an extremely unexciting signing.....honestly..... dont hate it, but dont love it either.....just ho hum......plus, I sense a little of the Schwartz pull back coming into play here......Im thinking someone on the Browns is a little sensitive and a little reactive......

    @mudfly said:

    side note: ....Britt is an extremely unexciting signing.....honestly..... dont hate it, but dont love it either.....just ho hum......plus, I sense a little of the Schwartz pull back coming into play here......Im thinking someone on the Browns is a little sensitive and a little reactive......

    It kinda reminds me of Brian Hartline signing. A middle tier, presumed WR2 on a middling contract with solid but unspectacular historical output.

    Maybe outside of Jeff FIsher's inability to put an offense on the field he'll excel, I certainly hope so, but maybe not.