JC Tretter - Center, Packers
-
Center was the glaring weakness on the OL and this would hopefully take care of it. A guard would be nice but Greco is no slouch. A tackle would be nice but between Coleman and Erving (and I doubt Pasztor gets signed on day one of free agency) we'll be ok there.
-
This move is getting a lot of praise on twitter
-
This move I like a lot.
-
I have been pushing Tretter for a while now..
Good lord, a solid FA move by Cleveland? Who is pulling the strings in Berea, and what blackmail material does he have on Haslam to keep his yap shut?
-
I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.
I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.
Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.
Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.
Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.
-
I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?
I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot
I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.
Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO
I could still see us being in the Zeitler competition. We may invest heavily in the OL and try to develop a QB behind a wall of an offensive line a la Dallas and Oakland.
Which points even further toward us taking a guy like Dobbs or Peterman this year IMO
Nope....they would not make that investment into the OL for an afterthought. If they do go Garrett at 1...that #12 would be a QB I think.
-
I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?
I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot
I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.
I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.
Is he really any good? 10 games? He may be an upgrade from Erving....what about from Reiter?
Could they still go for an OC in like the 3rd round?
Don't be surprised.
-
I would still like a T to compete with Erving. I don't like us essentially handing over the keys to him...which is what we're doing if we don't resign Paz.
Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.
Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.
Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.
Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.
Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.
Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.
Coleman really needed a year to bulk up a bit more, if he has done that he should be able to become a solid contributor.
-
I'm not sure that Tretter will be so highly paid as people expect. Remember, he's only started 10 games in his career. He gets injured a lot, but he is versatile.
Is he really any good? 10 games? He may be an upgrade from Erving....what about from Reiter?
Could they still go for an OC in like the 3rd round?
Don't be surprised.
Is he really any good? 10 games? He may be an upgrade from Erving....what about from Reiter?
Could they still go for an OC in like the 3rd round?
Don't be surprised.
I believe he's ranked as a top-10 center when he's playing.
-
I think Tretter means no dice for Zietler, that would be four highly paid guys on the OL?
I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot
I think it's probably a pre-season battle between Cam and Coleman for the RT spot
I predict a 1st round knock-out...
Tretter? Nice piece, but nothing to get to excited about. I think the starting Center battle will be closer than the RT one. Don't forget Fabiano...
Even without signing Zeitler I now have to wonder about Greco's future with us.
-
Good point, Greco had the Lisfranc recently.. perhaps they know something not shared yet regarding rehab progress. To be fair, Greco's not as young as he used to be and perhaps they're planning on cutting anyway.
-
Shon Coleman definitely will compete....and maybe Drango. I expect Coleman to start performing well now in his second year. Remember how the Schwartz was considered perhaps a bad pick after his rookie year...but came on in year 2? I expect/hope the same for both Coleman and Drango.
Remember....Coleman and Drango are this FO's "guys". Erving is not. Erving has a much, much shorter leash.
Would not be surprised to see him dumped....if not soon...perhaps even cut in training camp.
Coleman really needed a year to bulk up a bit more, if he has done that he should be able to become a solid contributor.
-
Tide went for him HARD.
This is a great story with tremendous insight regarding the 2017 Cleveland Browns.
-
No reason to get snarky...
In related(?) news...
We just claimed a Center off Waivers from SF...
Another Browns OL move: the team has claimed former 49ers C Marcus Martin off of waivers, per source.
-
Never watched that show, Ag...
But turns out our other new Center is out of USC and was NFLDraftScout's #1 Center in the 2014 Draft Class.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119877&draftyear=2014&genpos=C
-
Never watched that show, Ag...
But turns out our other new Center is out of USC and was NFLDraftScout's #1 Center in the 2014 Draft Class.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119877&draftyear=2014&genpos=C
Never watched that show, Ag...
But turns out our other new Center is out of USC and was NFLDraftScout's #1 Center in the 2014 Draft Class.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119877&draftyear=2014&genpos=C
Did some reading about him. He sounds an awful lot like Erving but the Browns have nothing in the guy. Kick the tires.
-
All of these OL signings are good news. Plenty of competition at Center. The Guard position is improved. Greco can now heal properly and backup Guard and Center. Erving is gonna have to be a respectable RT or he's gonna be another 1st round pick casualty. (Erving not tied to this regime, obviously)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login